All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America

Great
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
Tomica
"Convenient to freeways"
Room was comfortable but very dimly lit. Restaurant was in the middle of hotel lobby. Major road construction around the hotel making access a bit difficult.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"SIDE VIEW"
SERVICE WAS GREAT, ROOMS ARE NEAT JUST A LITTLE SMALL. NEXT TIME I WOULD LIKE TO GET A JACUZZI SUITE. OVERALL I WOULD STAY AT THIS LOCATION AGAIN, DESPITE SMALL ROOM AND CONSTRUCTION.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
O
Stayed only 1 night. The staff was excellent! Must say I was impressed by the front desk lady who checked us in and the staff who assisted us with extra towels
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down"
The hotel room was less than sterling in terms of decor and room comfort, but clean enough. I appreciated the sofa in our king room for two, but my husband wasn't happy with the arrangement, especially as he was looking forward to relaxing with a good movie. The problem was that the television was atop a dresser parallel with the bed, so it was better situated for watching from the sofa, which was opposite the tv. Compared to some less expensive hotels we've stayed in of late, the Marriott looked a bit lackluster. I was pleased to find the sink in the bathroom, though, rather than in the hallway. I thought the bed was fine, but my husband, who has back problems, wound up on the sofa he didn't appreciate because he found the bed so uncomfortable. The hotel's location is probably fine under normal circumstances, but we had difficulty finding it because of road construction and a unanticipated detour. The staff was welcoming. Only one of two elevators worked.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Paulette
Very nice the pool was cold and the construction sucked
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Asia C
Good room, nice thick towels. Would prefer firmer mattress. All in all a nice hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Loved it!"
We had an amazing stay. Super clean and comfortable. Loved the patio outside our room.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Iyisha
"Stained Chairs"
Everything was good with the exception if the chairs had visible stains ... I took the hotel shampoo and washed one chair and the stain came off (it was caked on, made my skin crawl) and the other chair and chaise had old stains...I put the hotel robe over
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL"
GREAT HOTEL
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Alfonzo
"Just OK."
There was only ONE elevator working, due to construction, I'm assuming. Well that elevator took FOREVER and even the service people and hotel staff had to use the SAME elevator as the guests, which makes it really inconvenient when you have to get on an elevator with a huge maid cart. The hotel staff was mostly friendly and the room was comfortable. However, they seem to be a bit outdated. There were cracks in the bathroom wall and the table in front of the sofa looked like it had mold growing underneath the edge of the glass.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Latrice
Hotel was under renovation...that was a surprise. On;y one elevator was operational, but things moved well and we only had one long wait. I'm sure things will be much better when the reno is done. Mattress was too soft for us, but the pillows were wonderful.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Construction site??"
A couple of days on Business. Hotel was under major renovations. Construction starts early in the morning and wakes everybody up. Lobby completely gutted.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
i had a great time, just was a tad bit upset my kids could not swim after nine.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"disappointed and disgusted"
I did not like the construction that was going on it was very inconvenient also when we got there they only had our reservations in the system for one night vs the two nights that I booked on hotels.com there was some confusion in their system then they charged me a different rate than what we got online and had to argue the point with them so that we can get the rate that we booked on hotels.com they also had a staying an extra night one night and check it out early for my other room.I had to call down to the front desk to let them know that we were not checking out early and neither were we staying an extra day other than what we have booked online.my room was originally $492 for two rooms for 2 nights they charged over $700 on my charge card saying that they were holding money for incidentals then they found out that it was too much money that they were holding but it took 5 days to get the money refund it to my card.I was really disappointed and disgusted.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"UNDER CONSTRUCTION, but adequate otherwise"
Pretty underwhelming. Like the others, I wish I had some heads up that they were making major renovations. I get it, when do hotels really have the time to make major renovations? But they or AT LEAST HOTELS.COM COULD LET YOU KNOW!!!! Room service never came to clean my room either, you know, clean towels and sheets. Other than that the people were nice, even if they werent the brightest bulbs in the box. EXCEPT DAVID. The breakfast server DAVID is exemplary of great service and attentiveness. He also does it in a very natural conversational way that puts you at ease. Take an example. Once its clean and finished this will be a great hotel. One more thing, TURN OFF THE HEATER FOR THE POOL IN SUMMER!!!! Geez it was like gross bathwater.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
Matthew
"Nice hotel, lobby remodeling, and HORRIBLE road"
There is a lot of remodeling happening to the lobby so that area is not aesthetically appealing at all. But the staff was very friendly and the overall hotel is decent. the room was clean and comfortable. But the road that the hotel is on is absolutely horrible! I had read reviews about it but dismissed it thinking it wouldn't be so bad. Next time I'll think twice about dismissing those types of reviews.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
alexandria
"A little honesty on the website about conditions"
Hotel was under reconstruction though there was no mention of that on the website. This was a problem as I was interviewing candidates. No place to do so. Sometimes when under reconstruction the staff steps up and does the best with the situation. Not here. Not only was the hotel filthy, but the filth carried over to the gym. Trash can lie on the floor, no towels, floor covered with construction debris. Shoes crunched when you walked.
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Not good"
Very terrible
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
Fareed
"Marriott southfield"
i like the hotel. People are friendly. We did down rate it because the Lobby was underconstruction and the manual doors were pretty heavy to open as the revolving door was not working. I would stay here again after the construction is done!!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Major Renovations get in way"
Hotel is torn up for renovations, gym not available, minimal dining options in hotel and not much nearby. Rooms ok however.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Hotel under construction"
The Hotel was easy to find but the roads heading to hotel were terrible. The Hotel was under some major construction and the front desk had a little table and computers to check in. The front desk was very nice and gave us some directions for restaurants and listings of Malls to check out while our room is getting to be cleaned. Overall it was alright for a one night and reasonable price.
Other trip May 11, 2015
sophia
"Detroit Marriott Southfield - Perfectly nice"
Nothing to complain about. Room was clean and ready to go. Restaurant under construction but they provided an alternate room for breakfast. No problems.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Benjamin
"Great hotel but going through some renovations"
The hotel is pretty nice as I have stayed in a lot of different Marriotts all throughout the United States. This is difinitely 4.0 to a 4.2 star hotel. Granted I didn't at the restaurant or swim in the pool. It was clean, safe and the room was comfortable and clean. You can smell residual smoking from long ago, but that is only if you have keen sense of smell. The bed was very comfortable and there was hardly any noise.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Rob
Even though dining area was under construction, I could not here any noise.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Ken
"Nice Stay In Southfield"
Very comfortable and relaxing. Just needed a refrigerator.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Alexis
"great service"
I loved my stay but the road leading to the hotel was terrible really needs to be repaired. Your staff was extremely nice and helpful
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"IT WAS VERY NICE HOTEL WE HAVE STAYED THERE BEFORE"
WE WILL STAY THERE A GAIN ITS ANICE HOTEL WELL KEPT VERY NICE PRSONAL
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
ANDY
"So disappointed"
I am a lifetime platinum member of Marriott. I cannot believe what a horrible situation I walked into last night at the S'field Marriott in MI. The hotel was a "deal" on Hotels.com, so I expected it was under renovations when I booked. I pulled in after a long day of travel to be greeted by 2 busloads of raucous people. I couldn't even hear the front desk reservations person give me room instructions. As the people entered the lobby, it was total bedlam. Within 5 minutes, I heard a call come in for security. Only one elevator was working (they are waiting for a part), so the wait was long. The manager told me that I could not collect points because the reservation was made by a third party. My reservation is for 11 days. I was given breakfast tickets in lieu of bonus points since the consierge lounge wasn't open. That is the protocol for my status, but I had to ask for them. Not offered to me. When I came down to breakfast, I waited 15 minutes to be seated. The service was terrible and the food worse. The oatmeal was cold, pancakes rubbery and the eggs were gone. The only good thing was the coffee and the strawberries. Now, Hotels.com wants to penalize me with a one-night charge for cancelling my reservation to move to another hotel. My husband is due here tomorrow and he will be furious with me. This is my second issue with hotel choices in Hotels.com. I hope they will be courteous and remove charges from my cc so that I can find something more suitable.
11 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Margaret
"Not a 3 1/2 star hotel to me."
Unless your on the 5th or 6th floor, this hotel is a 2 star. Chipped paint on the walls, stains on carpet and desk chair. I was originally on the 4th floor and demanded a cleaner better room. Will not stay here again.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Awful sofa bed. Should have been replaced"
Booked a room for 4 adults. I know it said room will acomadate 4 people to sleep the king bed was fine. However the sofa couch roll out should have been replaced years ago. Maybe fit for a child weighting 30-40 pounds. Both our husbands had no choice but to roll up that sleeper & sleep on the floor. Marriott in Southfeild Mi room 229. We are not young the husbands are 60 & 62-was really hard on their backs. First time booking with Expedia was not a good experience . We checked in around 3 pm but got back from our Garth Brooks concert at 3:30 am to find second sleeping area could not be used. Roger & Sherry Zielinski Bay City Mi
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Roger
"good value"
Met all of our needs and only spent $80 total. Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Beth
"Good experience - would recommend"
We had a very nice stay. The hotel was in excellent condition and the staff were all friendly, helpful, and efficient. Overall, a very good experience.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"OK Hotel, Good location"
I am submitting my comments on the experience to your customer service area. Marriott is OK. Expedia dissapointing.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Luis
"Just ok stay"
It was just average. There were a lot of kids running through the halls. There were no menus to order food at night.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding our location. We value the feedback from our guests, much like yourself, and use the comments to discuss ways to better improve our services. We have shared your comments with the appropriate department leaders so we may improve our levels of service. Thank you again for taking the time to share with our team.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Ivorie
"fair service"
The location was great.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"A+++"
Great hotel
"Marriott Southfield"
It was great!! The staff was amazing and the hotel was clean neat and safe.
Tiera
"Hotel review"
nice hotel. heat wasn't working well.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you so much for choosing our location and providing feedback on your most recent stay. I apologize the heating was not working up to satisfaction as this is not typical of the service we provide. I have discussed the matter with the approprite team leaders to ensure this does not happen in the future. I want to thank you again for taking the time to providing feedback as we are always look for ways to improve.
Philip
"Hotel needs upgrading"
The hotel room was outdated. The furniture was worn and the sofa was dirty. The mattress was worn and uncomfortable. The lobby was cold, elevator was dirty and the overall experience is not what I'm used to at a Marriott Hotel.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
I reserved my stay about 1-2 wks in advance. The room i was given on the day of check in (316) had dried urine on the toilet, a visibly soiled sofa and chair that had dried many times. I reported this to front desk so they switched me to 317 directly across the hall. The only difference here was that the toilet didnt have dried urine on it. Upon reporting this the security guard came and removed the chair from the room and stated he couldn't replace the chair that night. Of it was never replaced. I was given a receipt stating my charges of approx. $194 but my card was charged approx. $228.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Kay
"Nice hotel -"
Staff was very friendly and attentive. My only (minor) complaint is the heater would put out cold air and then hot air to keep the room at 68 degrees. At times, I was cold.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"nice hotel. Convenient to most locations."
Two complaints. 1. there were some very noisy people on my floor on Saturday. They were running up and down the hall until the wee hours of the morning. 2. The dinner I had in the restaurant was less than optimal. The service was very good, but the food was not. the onion soup was not very hot and had limited broth. The salmon was very good, but the risotto left something to be desired and the carrot cake was stale. Compliments Breakfast and lunch were very good and the wait staff were accomodating and gracious. Front desk staff were very friendly and greeeted every guest as they arrived.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nice hotel rooms"
Very nice hotel. Rooms have a strange scent but very nice and clean overall.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Detriot Marriott"
The supervisor was very rude and had a Nasty attitude....... Very unprofessional...... Besides her, everything else was fine
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
Ariel S
"NOT HAPPY"
WE UNDERSTOOD THERE TO BE BREAKFAST BEFORE WE MADE RESERVATION AND THERE WAS NOT THIS WAS A REQUIREMENT FOR OUR FAMILY, THEREFORE WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN
3 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
CITY IMPORT GALLERY
"OK if you need to stay in Southfield."
Hotel rooms were dated, but fine. Service in restaurant was very poor. Convenient location to Southfield businesses.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Wonderful! :)"
I had a wonderful stay at the Marriot in Southfield. The staff was excellent in all areas of service from the front desk, to hoskeeping, to the restaurant/bar.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice hotel for the auto show"
Friendly welcoming staff made all the difference. Great location for the auto show.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015