All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America
27033 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI, 48034, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Major Renovations get in way"
Hotel is torn up for renovations, gym not available, minimal dining options in hotel and not much nearby. Rooms ok however.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Hotel under construction"
The Hotel was easy to find but the roads heading to hotel were terrible. The Hotel was under some major construction and the front desk had a little table and computers to check in. The front desk was very nice and gave us some directions for restaurants and listings of Malls to check out while our room is getting to be cleaned. Overall it was alright for a one night and reasonable price.
Other trip May 11, 2015
sophia
"Detroit Marriott Southfield - Perfectly nice"
Nothing to complain about. Room was clean and ready to go. Restaurant under construction but they provided an alternate room for breakfast. No problems.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Benjamin
"Great hotel but going through some renovations"
The hotel is pretty nice as I have stayed in a lot of different Marriotts all throughout the United States. This is difinitely 4.0 to a 4.2 star hotel. Granted I didn't at the restaurant or swim in the pool. It was clean, safe and the room was comfortable and clean. You can smell residual smoking from long ago, but that is only if you have keen sense of smell. The bed was very comfortable and there was hardly any noise.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Rob
Even though dining area was under construction, I could not here any noise.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Ken
"Nice Stay In Southfield"
Very comfortable and relaxing. Just needed a refrigerator.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Alexis
"great service"
I loved my stay but the road leading to the hotel was terrible really needs to be repaired. Your staff was extremely nice and helpful
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"IT WAS VERY NICE HOTEL WE HAVE STAYED THERE BEFORE"
WE WILL STAY THERE A GAIN ITS ANICE HOTEL WELL KEPT VERY NICE PRSONAL
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
ANDY
"So disappointed"
I am a lifetime platinum member of Marriott. I cannot believe what a horrible situation I walked into last night at the S'field Marriott in MI. The hotel was a "deal" on Hotels.com, so I expected it was under renovations when I booked. I pulled in after a long day of travel to be greeted by 2 busloads of raucous people. I couldn't even hear the front desk reservations person give me room instructions. As the people entered the lobby, it was total bedlam. Within 5 minutes, I heard a call come in for security. Only one elevator was working (they are waiting for a part), so the wait was long. The manager told me that I could not collect points because the reservation was made by a third party. My reservation is for 11 days. I was given breakfast tickets in lieu of bonus points since the consierge lounge wasn't open. That is the protocol for my status, but I had to ask for them. Not offered to me. When I came down to breakfast, I waited 15 minutes to be seated. The service was terrible and the food worse. The oatmeal was cold, pancakes rubbery and the eggs were gone. The only good thing was the coffee and the strawberries. Now, Hotels.com wants to penalize me with a one-night charge for cancelling my reservation to move to another hotel. My husband is due here tomorrow and he will be furious with me. This is my second issue with hotel choices in Hotels.com. I hope they will be courteous and remove charges from my cc so that I can find something more suitable.
11 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Margaret
"Not a 3 1/2 star hotel to me."
Unless your on the 5th or 6th floor, this hotel is a 2 star. Chipped paint on the walls, stains on carpet and desk chair. I was originally on the 4th floor and demanded a cleaner better room. Will not stay here again.
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Awful sofa bed. Should have been replaced"
Booked a room for 4 adults. I know it said room will acomadate 4 people to sleep the king bed was fine. However the sofa couch roll out should have been replaced years ago. Maybe fit for a child weighting 30-40 pounds. Both our husbands had no choice but to roll up that sleeper & sleep on the floor. Marriott in Southfeild Mi room 229. We are not young the husbands are 60 & 62-was really hard on their backs. First time booking with Expedia was not a good experience . We checked in around 3 pm but got back from our Garth Brooks concert at 3:30 am to find second sleeping area could not be used. Roger & Sherry Zielinski Bay City Mi
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Roger
"good value"
Met all of our needs and only spent $80 total. Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Beth
"Good experience - would recommend"
We had a very nice stay. The hotel was in excellent condition and the staff were all friendly, helpful, and efficient. Overall, a very good experience.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"OK Hotel, Good location"
I am submitting my comments on the experience to your customer service area. Marriott is OK. Expedia dissapointing.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Luis
"Just ok stay"
It was just average. There were a lot of kids running through the halls. There were no menus to order food at night.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding our location. We value the feedback from our guests, much like yourself, and use the comments to discuss ways to better improve our services. We have shared your comments with the appropriate department leaders so we may improve our levels of service. Thank you again for taking the time to share with our team.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Ivorie
"fair service"
The location was great.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"A+++"
Great hotel
"Marriott Southfield"
It was great!! The staff was amazing and the hotel was clean neat and safe.
Tiera
"Hotel review"
nice hotel. heat wasn't working well.
Response by Detroit Marriott Southfield
Thank you so much for choosing our location and providing feedback on your most recent stay. I apologize the heating was not working up to satisfaction as this is not typical of the service we provide. I have discussed the matter with the approprite team leaders to ensure this does not happen in the future. I want to thank you again for taking the time to providing feedback as we are always look for ways to improve.
Philip
"Hotel needs upgrading"
The hotel room was outdated. The furniture was worn and the sofa was dirty. The mattress was worn and uncomfortable. The lobby was cold, elevator was dirty and the overall experience is not what I'm used to at a Marriott Hotel.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
I reserved my stay about 1-2 wks in advance. The room i was given on the day of check in (316) had dried urine on the toilet, a visibly soiled sofa and chair that had dried many times. I reported this to front desk so they switched me to 317 directly across the hall. The only difference here was that the toilet didnt have dried urine on it. Upon reporting this the security guard came and removed the chair from the room and stated he couldn't replace the chair that night. Of it was never replaced. I was given a receipt stating my charges of approx. $194 but my card was charged approx. $228.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Kay
"Nice hotel -"
Staff was very friendly and attentive. My only (minor) complaint is the heater would put out cold air and then hot air to keep the room at 68 degrees. At times, I was cold.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"nice hotel. Convenient to most locations."
Two complaints. 1. there were some very noisy people on my floor on Saturday. They were running up and down the hall until the wee hours of the morning. 2. The dinner I had in the restaurant was less than optimal. The service was very good, but the food was not. the onion soup was not very hot and had limited broth. The salmon was very good, but the risotto left something to be desired and the carrot cake was stale. Compliments Breakfast and lunch were very good and the wait staff were accomodating and gracious. Front desk staff were very friendly and greeeted every guest as they arrived.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nice hotel rooms"
Very nice hotel. Rooms have a strange scent but very nice and clean overall.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Detriot Marriott"
The supervisor was very rude and had a Nasty attitude....... Very unprofessional...... Besides her, everything else was fine
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
Ariel S
"NOT HAPPY"
WE UNDERSTOOD THERE TO BE BREAKFAST BEFORE WE MADE RESERVATION AND THERE WAS NOT THIS WAS A REQUIREMENT FOR OUR FAMILY, THEREFORE WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN
3 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
CITY IMPORT GALLERY
"OK if you need to stay in Southfield."
Hotel rooms were dated, but fine. Service in restaurant was very poor. Convenient location to Southfield businesses.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Wonderful! :)"
I had a wonderful stay at the Marriot in Southfield. The staff was excellent in all areas of service from the front desk, to hoskeeping, to the restaurant/bar.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice hotel for the auto show"
Friendly welcoming staff made all the difference. Great location for the auto show.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Awesome"
Very nice hotel
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Deanna
"Would stay again."
Room was fine, comfortable and clean. Some furniture needs to be updated but you can tell they are in the process of it, hallways were worse then room. I'm more upset the pool was closed, that is one of the reason I booked this one, though they did say the Courtyard by Marriott next door was letting their guests come over and use the pool. Still... we'd have to walk outside in the cold.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Sub par room and customer service attitiude"
Disappointing. When I arrived I was told a 2 double bed room was not available. I was offered a king bed with a let out sofa in a take it or leave it manner. The room was sub par. The ceiling was dusty, pictures missing from the wall, dresser drawer was damaged and plumbing faucet in sink was loose.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
william
"its ok"
It served its purpose. Was only there to sleep and take a shower
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"WOrth the money if you don'y pay too much"
My stay was adequate. Staff were excellent and friendly. Location good. But the property itself is tired and in need of updating. Tables and chairs in the lobby show signs of age. Hallway carpets frayed. Room surfaces tattered. In general amenities are what you would expect at a business hotel. I think that the hotel is acceptable, but not outstanding in any way.
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Horrible road going to hotel. Disgusting food. Will never stay here again.
"Un-pleasantly surprised"
We felt as though we had been assigned a "last resort" room. We reserved a 2-queen beds room and upon arrival we were offered 1 king bed and a pull out bed. It was me and my son so clearly that was not going to work. It was only then that the clerk begrudgingly said "you can have a first floor room" but conveniently ommitted the fact that the room was tucked away in a corner, had no mini frig or able that actually worked continuously. We were not asked upon checkout whether or not we enjoyed our stay and both my son and I knew they didn't ask because they knew the response would not be favorable. I expected more from a Mariott.
5 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
Terri
"Comfortable"
Over all comfortable could use some upgrades. I was there for a wedding so it served the purpose. Beds are comfortable and it was centrally located.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"x"
David, in the restaurant, was a joy to meet. At the 3 breakfasts that we had, he gave excellent, pleasant service. He also helped with luggage on leaving. If he is there when we return to Detroit, we will probably come to the Marriott.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Enacio
"Just ok"
The hotel provided the basics but not up to the standard that I have experienced in other Marriottes. For that area, I would probably look at another hotel next time.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Walt
No consideration for a power outage & on-site bar expensive
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Power Outage"
It Was My Bday9/20 And I Went To The Marriot.. It Rain And Power Went OUT for three hr... They gave glo sticks to those that stayed but i had a candle.. About midnitish It Return And That Was That But I Didnt Like That I Was On The Bottom Floor Near Pool Area...
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Virgo
"All you need"
Its all you really need for a business trip. Close enough to the 'business sector' of Southfiled / Troy MI. Clean room with free WiFi. Even a restaurant in the hotel. Only gripe was the cable quality was shotty. Easily over look that though.
5 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
"POOR SERVICE"
Hotel is a little out dated. The room was comfortable, but the power was out for almost 3 hours. The hotel refused to give any type of compensation for this.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Good experience. Room was good. Enjoyed breakfast being included
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Very tired hotel"
This hotel hasn't been upgraded in 15 years. I would not return.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"A nice night away from home"
Attended an event a few minutes from hotel. Conveniently located near/at the Telegraph/I-696 mixing bowl. Very friendly, helpful staff. Clean, well maintained room. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Staff / hotel great, air conditioner not so much"
The hotel was nice enough, clean - particularly liked the comfort of the pillows/bed. Staff was very sweet, pleasant. However, the air conditioner was very loud and kep cycling thru the night and woke me up repeatedly... that part was not good... would have liked a more stable (quieter) form of room temp. :)
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Sue
Good Hotel for the weekend for the price . My room was in the 6th floor, very quiet. Easy way to the freeway. Breakfast you have to pay.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Leo
"Great!!!!"
The stay was amazing! Only one thing, we booked 2 double bed rooms, but got 2 king sized bed rooms. They did have roll away beds, so it was fine. Other than that, we loved it!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
ATC
Excellent customer service with all the amenities. Good location and Minutes from downtown.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014