All hotels in Vienna, Austria

Room is all right
    Comfortable
    Regular internet service
"Perfect Location"
We stopped in Vienna for an overnight stay before flying out the next day. As we only had a few hours to see Vienna we were concerned about the location of the hotel. Much to our surprise, Hotel Royal is perfectly located near the Cathedral, shopping and cafe's. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was very comfortable and the free breakfast was delicious. We will stay here again!!
1 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
"Great Hotel, Great Location!"
Stayed four nights (over Christmas) at Hotel Royal. Excellent older hotel, location on Stephansplatz (St. Stephen's Cathedral). Walking distance to many of Vienna's sites - Imperial Palace, Rathaus, Opera House, etc. Subway stations nearby for easy travel to other locations (e.g. Schonbrunn Palace). Rooms were clean and comfortable and included free WiFi. Large breakfast buffet (included) with many choices. Staff is very friendly and helpful (restaurant suggestions and reservations, touring information). Bottom line - highly recommended.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Great location!!"
We enjoyed the location of this hotel. The room was small, but nice. The staff was, but not always the most helpful. Our wifi was not working in our room, and I was told by the young lady, "Oh, you are on the 7th floor. Yeah, we have trouble with it there". And that was that. I would stay again, but be sure to ask for a floor with decent internet connections.
3 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2013
Excellent location.Clean rooms.Average breakfast. I paid at the bar of the hotel 20 euros for 2 whiskeys and one glass of wine, and 17.50 euros for a cup of tea witch i took to my room(not even room service)
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Excellent location in the city center"
Hotel Royal was perfectly located in the Innere Stadt! The Billa grocery store across the street helped to keep food costs down. The front desk staff was most helpful in arranging for transportation to Wiener Neustadt so that I could attend a concert.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
winterlilycat
"Very nice hotel with a fantastic location."
The Hotel Royal is located in the very heart of Vienna next to St. Stephen's cathedral. From there it is only a 15-minute walk to the Staatsoper, the City Hall, the Hofburg palace and all the shopping along the way. The underground is only a block away, and from there you can get to any part of the city. The Billa grocery store is across the street, as is McDonalds, and an Akakita restaurant. The hotel itself is very nice and features two Italian restaurants on the premises. Breakfast buffet was included, which was important to us. We will definitely stay there again! Also, if you don't have a lot of bulky luggage with you, it is so much cheaper to get to and from the airport by underground, i.e. 4 euros as opposed to 45 euros.
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
Valerie
"Best Location ever"
Nice hotel with a great restaurant and location. Only 10 miles from airport and in the heart of downtown.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
Cathy T
The hotel is in a very convenient location but rooms in the front can be quite noisy. Room was large and pleasant, bathroom adequate. Could use a wastebasket in the bedroom as well as in the bathroom. The hotel desk staff struggled a bit with English and while usually able to provide information, were not particularly cheerful. I felt as though each question I asked was an imposition on there time. Breakfast was good and the doorman pleasant.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"book at your own risk"
I booked this hotel because of its city center location almost a month in advanced. The hotel over booked and I was bumped to another hotel. The hotel they moved me to was over 1 mile from the city center and a 5 minute walk to the nearest subway. The subway line was a secondary line which required changing trains at least once every time I travelled. I mentioned this to the Hotel Royal and they were totally indifferent with the response of both hotels had the same star rating, except I did not book a start rating, I booked location and convenience. If location is important to you, I would not risk your Viena experience by using this hotel.
3 night trip Nov 2, 2013
suzanne
"great Location"
Had a very comfortable stay in this hotel.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Rooms"
Mattress not great Small 15" ancient tv in our room and this is considered a 4 star hotel . No pictures of the room on internet so I did not expect 900 bc furniture however after reading description j found something to that effect.. Had other people also disappointed in room furniture .. Breakfast was ok .I would look for another hotel next time. .the only plus was the location
3 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Harry
"Great location great staff"
Right in the middle of Vienna, wonderful staff, lovely restaurant downstairs. Only problem is that GPS gets lost when driving but I called the hotel and they helped me navigate.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Perfect location"
Hotel Royal is right around the corner of St.Stephan's Cathedral. It's in the middle of all must-see sights. You can walk around the city and always come back to the hotel in no time since it's central location. Breakfast is great and will give you energy to walk around all day. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. We would stay at this hotel again if we're in Vienna.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2013
D&E
"Very nice hotel."
It's a good hotel, clean room, nice people, very good breakfast. The location is excellent. It's right in the city center, you can take two major subways shortly. Across the street, there is a Billa supermarket. You can buy food, fruits, drinks and beers with cheap price. I am an opera lover. I was very pleased to see a lot of pictures in the hotel restaurant, telling you many world's most famous opera singers and conductors came to this hotel. I like it!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Our family of three enjoyed the convenient location, right next to the cathedral, which was always a good landmark when we headed back to the hotel from various walks around the city. Because the hotel was so easily accessed our teenage son could return on his own without concern.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Great hotel, great location"
Great location! Close to all of the tourist attractions, great restaurants and metro.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Inese
"Vienna is wonderful"
Accomodating staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Nothing extravagant, but ample space.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Hotel Royal Vienna"
Located @ St Stephens Cathedral, at the intersection of Graben @ Kartner. A/C Internet/Very clean/ Modern Bathroom,/Elevator/Good Breakfast included. There was a small supermarket immediately across the road. I would definitely stay there again
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
qquubbic
"Nice location Hotel but no A/C"
Good but in summer time Europe is hot and you are waiting to get to your hotel to cool down and it's frustrating when your bedroom it's not what you're expecting.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Melvin
"Great location!!!"
Highly recommend for visitors to Vienna who want to spend their time roaming the city and come back to a hotel that is centrally located with restaurants and shops around it. Room was clean and basic amenities. Roof top bar/restaurant has some great views.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Great Location, decent stay"
The hotel has a great location just around the corner from St. Stephan's Cathedral and an easy walk to the major central sites such as the Hofburg Place complex. The room was clean, but basic. The bed was firm and the two twin beds pushed together style that is often seen around Europe. The staff was nice. The hotel was renovating the first floor restaurant, so the included breakfast was at the rooftop restaurant, which was a nice way to begin the day. All in all, a decent stay. The four star rating is a bit of a stretch, so don't expect any fancy amenities, but the location was great and it served my purposes well for my two night stay in Vienna. Vienna, by the way, is great and there was tons to see and do!
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"very conveniently located"
The hotel staff was very helpful. They were helpful in providing early breakfasts when we had to leave very early in the morning. The staff was very friendly.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Maisie
"Comfortable room, great breakfast"
I had a very spacious room with a double bed and a bath-tub in the bathroom. The breakfast was quite sumptuous, and to top it off there was air-conditioning, which turned out to be very handy in the extremely hot Vienna summer. Of course, the location next to Graben can't be beat. It is worth mentioning though that the bells from St. Stephans will start ringing around 7 am and they can be loud even with the window closed!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Nimar
"Fabulous!!"
I found the hotel to be better then I expected, even though it was rated high on web advisor. Location was great and right next to subway stop. Breakfast was extremely good with wide variety of food. The 2 restaurants in the hotel were also better then expected. The room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was perfect!!
8 night trip May 30, 2013
Franz
"Unbeatable Location"
I stayed in Vienna 6 nights on my last trip, 2 nights at the Radisson Blu, 2 nights the the Marriott, and 2 nights at the Hotel Royal. All 3 had their pluses and minuses; but the Hotel Royal is in an unbelievable location - the exact center of the city - and possesses a breath-taking rooftop bar. The room itself was Spartan, and the view was an interior space. But for the amount I paid (I think about $140 per night) it was well worth it ...
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Keep looking, just ok"
room is fairly good size, pillows are barely there , wifi doesn't work in the bathroom.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"Perfect central location, staff great."
Everything was great, the staff very helpful. Breakfast excellent. We had dinner there as well one night and it was the best ravioli, some sort of pesto and cheese, I have ever had. Highly recommend!
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2013
kathe k
"Great ubication!"
This is a nicehotel with very helpful staff.. They have big clean rooms with very comfortable beds. Breakfast is porvided with a large variety of fruits ,cereals, juices, eggs, ham, bacon etc. It is located just a few steps of St. Stephan's Cathedral, and 10-15 minutes walk from the Hofburg.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
ANA
Spacious rooms in a perfect location.
8 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
"Very good hotel; great location"
Clean, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. Most speak English. Fantastic location. Across the street from the underground and in the middle of most of the tourist attractions and shopping district.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
Was given room without a view - against two concrete walls.
Other trip Feb 21, 2013

"Short stay"
Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to anyone
3 night trip Jan 16, 2016
"Comfortless"
Although the hotel Royal was in a great location it was not a comfortable stay as the room was sterile with beds that were like camp beds close to the floor and very hard. There was nowhere to really relax in the room. The staff however in the breakfast dining room were very nice and friendly.
4 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
Great Hotel. Terrific Location. Excellent staff.
5 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
"Vienna Visit"
I am a fit senior single traveler. I picked this hotel because of the location and price. According to the information given by the hotel,I got exactly what I expected , and more. The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful, the included breakfast excellent. I would stay there again and can highly recommend this hotel.
4 night trip Nov 7, 2015
Elfriede
"Good time at the Royal"
We had a five day break in Vienna staying at the Royal. We took the metro s7 from the airport which was an easy ride one change at landstrauss vienna mitte then onto the u 3 towards ottakring a further 3 stops to st Stephens the metro station is llocated outside the Royal. (Total trip around 20 mins ,the cat is faster but not by much) The hotel staff were friendly and efficient and our check in was complete in a few mins the room was clean and comfortable, fridge, tv and in room safe provided, however a coffee / tea maker would have made it even better. The breakfast was a good standard with excellent coffee and a good selection of food. Plenty of information available in the lobby, if in doubt reception staff were happy to help. The hotel is in a central location close to the opera, albertina, Jewish museum and the famous loos bar is 3 mins walk. A short ride to the other sights nasch market, prater and belverder. Would advice buying the 72 hour travel card which is around 16 euros for unlimited travel on public transport metro,trams and buses. We hope to return to Vienna and would definitely use the Royal again.
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Mr D
Exelent
4 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Vitali
"Good hotel in central Vienna"
The hotel is located in an excellent position, in central Vienna and very close to the main attractions. It is a very comfortable hotel with many historic features including a piano that Wagner played. We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and found the staff to be very helpful, responding promptly to our specific requests. The roof top restaurant was a lovely setting providing excellent food.
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
amazing location and nice rooms.
7 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2015
anahit
"In the action"
Very cool hotel especially if you want tone in the middle of Vienna at a reasonable cost. We used the subway system which is 10 steps away from the hotel. Great sight seeing and very safe.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Friendly helpful staff, location made it easy to get around.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Can't go wrong with this hotel"
Great Staff. Great Location. Lovely breakfast. No complaints.
4 night trip Jul 23, 2015
Great hotel great location.
5 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Best of everything"
We stayed for 4 nights & Everything is 10/10. Best service, location and the breakfast!! We were given a chocolate cake when the hotel knew that we were there to celebrate our 30th years wedding anniversary. We will go back for sure.
4 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Hotel in the centre of Vienna"
I was looking for an hotel in the centre of Vienna and the Hotel Royal fitted the bill. Getting to the hotel from the airport is a doddle. Take the CAT (city airport train) into the city then change to the subway for two stops. You exit the subway station into St Stephensplatz where you'll find St Stephens cathedral. Hotel Royal is approx. 30 yards along Singerstrassa. Our room was very comfortable with twin beds, a sofa, minibar and A/C. The Hotel has two restaurants, one on the ground floor and one at the top of the building with views across the city. The restaurant on the ground floor is used for the breakfast room, where you will find a continental breakfast buffet each morning. For the rest of the day it serves Italian food. The upstairs restaurant has a more refined ambience, prefect for a couple to enjoy a meal whilst enjoying the view. There is a convenience store opposite the hotel for any groceries you might require for the day.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Andy
"Great find in the Heart of Wien"
The service and value were exceptional. Right on Stephansplatz. Great breakfast. Wonderful, friendly staff.
3 night trip May 28, 2015
To be honest a little disappointing. We arrived just before 9pm after a long journey and went down to the restaurant at about 9.04pm only to be told we could not get hot food. The service at breakfast time was slow, the scrambled eggs were far too runny and the shower went from hot to cold. The location was nice and the rooms were of a good size though.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"location, location, location !"
It's all about the location with this hotel... right in the heart of District 1. Staff are amazing... friendly helpful and good humoured. Food - very impressed. Room - a bit disappointing. Bed was uncomfortable and duvet / pillows far too thin ( I did have extra brought up but still no good. On this point only I feel I wouldn't want to stay here again - sleep is important !!
5 night romance trip May 20, 2015
kevin
"Royal Hotel Review"
Very good location in deed. But 3 star class . Breakfast is good.
2 night trip May 18, 2015
maimin
"Comfortable hotel well situated"
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 nights stay at Hotel Royal. Staff were very nice and helpful. We had a bedroom on the 4th floor at the front which was very comfortable and we had no problem with noise from outside. The staff very obligingly and quickly changed the bedding from feathers to hypo allergenic as my husband is slightly asthmatic. The breakfast was delicious, there was a choice of cereals, bacon, egg, sausage, toast, continental meats and cheeses etc, fresh fruit salad and yoghurt. All in all a very pleasant experience.
Other trip May 9, 2015