All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Rooseveltplatz 15, Vienna, Vienna, 1090, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Authentic Austrian hotel, convenient, comfortable!"
An excellent place to stay when visiting Vienna. Walking distance (under a mile) to the main area ... quiet, comfortable, clean, great breakfast. Lovely to stay in Austrian hotel rather than an American chain! Front desk staff was especially helpful and hospitable!
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Mary J
"Good option to access UBahn and trams"
We stayed for a week and had 2 rooms. My boys loved the breakfast and sitting outside in the morning was a plus. Rooms are basic but comfortable. I would stay here again. My only complaint is that they claim to offer concierge services but we were given incorrect information more than once. My son became very ill on the first day and we were quoted 150 euro for a doctor to visit. After the doctor showed up he announced that the rate was actually 250 because it was a Saturday. That just made a bad situation worse, and his attitude was not great, so we felt it was a bit of a scam. However on other matters we had mostly good information about the U-Bahn and trams, museums and concerts. Ask for the view of the park and church. We did have people smoking and talking loudly under our window one night so you may want to keep your windows closed. Be sure to visit the beautiful Votive Church.
7 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Luana
"Delightful"
Delightful staff and lovely old building. Location is so convenient to tours, places of interest and restaurants. Will visit again.
2 night trip May 15, 2015
Kathleen
"Lovely, traditional hotel in the heart of the city"
Beautiful hotel in easy walking distance from the heart of the city. Sumptuous breakfast, friendly staff, historic decor. Large single room, with lots of space, beautiful view, high ceiling. Very quiet... Wonderful stay here!
1 night trip May 14, 2015
Maria
"Excellent stay, great location"
I was in Vienna for a conference at the University, and my girlfriend came for a few days as well. The hotel is very charming and clean, with a wonderful breakfast, close to a subway stop, and a 10 minute walk to the heart of the city. Our room (number 427), which had been recently renovated, had two windows facing west and south, with stunning views of the Votivkirche (neo-gothic cathedral) and the city center respectively. I would definitely want to stay again, should I visit Vienna in the near future.
10 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Mario
"Hotel Regina: Still the Queen"
I stayed for three nights at the Regina, where I have stayed many times before. This is a great, classic Viennese hotel, still family owned, with wonderful rooms, perfect service, a great location for walking around Vienna, and an amazing breakfast spread as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Guy
"Back in time in Vienna"
Palacial room, very early 20th century Vienna. A period piece for those who enjoy that.
4 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
ALAN
"Good hotel"
Good old-style hotel, pleasant stay! Excellent location near metro station, Votivkirche, Rathaus and University. The staff was very nice and helpful. When we checked in, the very nice guy in the reception discovered that I have a birthday, so when we entered our room we discovered very nice present from the hotel on the table - small but tasty cake and a greeting card. Our room was small but comfortable with excellent view from the window. When I ordered the trip via Expedia I asked for a room with double bed, but we got twin bed, we are married couple so it was disappointing and not comfortable... Breakfast was OK, tasty but nothing special. Overall we enjoyed our stay at Regina hotel very much and I would like to recommend it to all travelers to Vienna.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Elena
"Mr"
Outstanding! Especially Buddy and the bar staff in the bar…..had a great time and really enjoyed our stay…..would highly recommend the hotel.
5 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
"Classic hotel with great service."
Nice classic hotel with friendly staff. Good public transportation near by and walking distance to historic sites, restaurants and shopping.
Rodolfo
"Alt Wien hotel"
I loved the Old-Vienna quality evident in real keys, the courtliness of the staff, and the decor...also the placards with old photos of the emperor and/or his family. The Viennese treat the old royal family as if they were old family members, old Uncle Franzl whom everyone loved while being aware of his quirks. More than any other city, Vienna stubbornly retains and grooms its links to the past, and this hotel stood in that tradition.
5 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Good Value in a Great Location"
This hotel is full of charm and history and is so well situated for visitors to Vienna. It is a bit dated (the rooms still have real locks that take real keys), but I'd rather it stay the way it is than see it get a major renovation and a commensurate rise in room prices. The breakfast buffet is great and also a good value. All the staff are friendly and helpful. And you can trust their restaurant recommendations---we did twice and had wonderful meals.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Martin
Old hotel newly remodeled with extra special bathroom setup. They gave us a box breakfast when we left before 6:30 am.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Great location, right by "the ring", about 250m away from a metro station. Very good and diverse breakfast. The room though was small.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Ronen
"Close to main transportation and siteseeing"
We are very happy we chose this hotel, the included breakfast is wonderful, a wonderful assortment of items. We were on the 5th floor overlooking (we were told) the courtyard, but there was no courtyard just a fire escape and windows 20 feet away. It was OK though because we were hardly in our room. I would stay at the hotel again when I return.
5 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Sylvia DiFolco
"Close to historic places"
They accomidated 2 twin beds being a mother and an adult son. Very polite.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nice hotel with a character and good location"
I wanted non-network hotel and this is exactly the one. Decent old hotel with character of 19th century Vienna, situated on the Vienna Ring. The room was spacious and air-conditioned. This is about all the Pros. The bedding was awful. The breakfast was indigestable. Those are Cons. I am good with my stay, but I think one can find a better place for these money.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Alex
"Lovely old hotel"
This hotel is unique - it has that stately old feel while being modern enough for comfort. Not super-modern and shiny, but clean and comfortable. The bed was pretty hard, nothing special. And the shower was mediocre at best, but in spite of those things I loved my stay. The restaurant terrace is lovely and the food is wonderful. We had bikes delivered for a day tour and the hotel staff was really helpful and made the transaction really easy. The location is perfect, and right on a park so you feel like you have the whole neighborhood, not like you're closed in by tall buildings. Absolutely recommend it.
4 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
This hotel has a history that dates more than 100 years back. In the lobby you can see pictures of the lady who founded Regina Hotel. Vienna is a conservative and old-fashioned place and this is very appropriate to live in an old-fashioned place as well to feel the city. Location is quite convenient for a traveller - City Hall, Vienna Univercity, City Theatre are all nearby. From transportation accessability perspective it is also quite good - subway station and bus stops of five city buses are within 3 min walk. And it takes only 15 min by foot to get to Hofburg! My room was excellent - on the sixth floor which is actually on the roof, with great city view. The room was quiet per se but for the reason of World Cup the streets were overcrowded in night time and it was loud.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Natalia
tea & coffee making facilities would enhance facilities
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Good location, very nice historical building. However, the nice good looking form outside doesn't reflect from inside. Rooms are small with old furniture.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Yves
"Big hotel with nice breakfast buffets"
The room is comfortable and clean. The hotel is close to both trams and metro (5 mins walk). The free breakfast buffet has many selections and you are always fully energized in the morning. There is a taxi station right outside the hotel and super convenient.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Charlie
In addition to being only a few blocks from a transit hub, it was an easy walk to Hofburg Palace. Wonderful breakfast and having free wifi a big benefit.
8 night trip May 1, 2014
"Convenient to central Vienna, good character"
Overall, I had a good stay. My room was comfortable, the bed was good, and the bathroom was fine. I had a room away from the street so it was quiet. The air conditioner was quiet and necessary and was great to have. My one issue was the breakfast. While it was generous, it never varied and was rather boring. I stayed for a number of days and it was the same every day. I got quite tired of the same choices day after day after day. Nevertheless, the hotel is close to the center of the city, close to the metro and tram lines, and has a lot of character. So I would recommend it. Just get a room away from street noise.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Hotel very nice in a great location to sightsee! Also, very nice & helpful staff as well as great breakfast! It was a wonderful place to stay!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Fantastisch!!!"
My wife and I have traveled extensively and would rate our stay in this Hotel among the very best and we have stayed in the best 5 star hotels in Europe. Our room was grand with herringbone parquet floors, Persian carpets and the best beds ever. the view from our room overlooked the gardens opposite the Hotel. We will highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
Roger von Schorlemer
"Perfectly situated!"
Great location two city blocks from the city's train line, which has great service to all points around Vienna! The Hotel rooms were meticulously clean and front desk staff was outstanding. Great place to stay while visiting Vienna! Finally, breakfast very well-rounded with fresh, delicious foods.
4 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Craig Johns
"Close to all must-see sights and University"
Everything was great exept lighths in the room - some did not work on second and therd day and I did not have time to address this issue.
4 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
Scientist
"Fine, central, a little bit old-fashioned"
Fine hotel to explore the historical centre of Vienna or to work there (libraries, museums etc.). The style of the rooms is not really up-to-date, but you would expect Vienna to be a litte bit old-fashioned, wouldn't you? Finally, they still drive around with horses ;-). But, no, the rooms are ok, the breakfast is suitable for all tastes. So: my recommandation.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Bernd
Wonderful location near metro. It has a big sign on the top if hotel of its name so when you get out at the stop universitat shottentor if you look it's way you see it in the distance. And you can walk to st Stephens the Jewish museum and a short metro or tram ride to all sites. Rooms are large clean and breakfast is amazing. Delicious with hot and cold everything most wonderful bread and eggs I've ever had. Free wifi. Our weather was cool so lack of ac was not an issue. If its hot here I understand that's an issue bit otherwise a wonderful hotel with helpful staff.
7 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"part of the Ringstrasse"
I liked the area. Votiv church is right in front of the hotel. Graben is 15-20 minutes to walk to. Rathouse is 5-10 minutes walking. Location is great but condition of the room wasn't that great. Interior is antique. Wall paper could be refreshed as well as carpet. FYI, if you travel in the summer, remember that there is no airconditioner. It was super hot in our room. We were lukcy that weather changed and cooled down right on the day of our arrival. The comfort of the bad wasn't that great but after walking all day we didn't really care about.
7 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
Viennaamore
"Old World Charm"
Beautifully restored hotel with easy access to all the sights. Good price for Vienna.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Good old fashion European hotel"
Great location, good breakfast, good rates. Attentive personnel. Clean old fashioned rooms, small beds.
4 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Daniel A
"The Regina is a classic"
This hotel is perfectly located just outside the ring but within easy walking distance. I am Catholic and really loved having the Votive Church right next door. They should advertise this more as I am sure other Catholics would like it too. The hotel itself is classic yet still with modern comforts. They had a nice little business center which was great as I did not drag along my computer. The staff was OK yet uneven. Michael the Bell Boy was great! He took care of every need I had when I arrived and did it all with a friendly smile. Many Austrians are not naturally hospitable so Michael was outstanding in this regard. The rest of the staff was OK and did their job but not with a smile. My room was not the greatest location yet it was comfortable enough. All in all I was happy with the Regina and my friend in Vienna knew just where to find me as it is well known by the locals.
4 night trip May 19, 2013
"The advertised rooms are very few. Beware."
The hotel has a great location. Like many European hotels, rooms are cramped and expensive. The pictured 'grand rooms' with pianos, etc are misleading because only one-two rooms are like that in that category and most of them actually look poor. Carpets are threadbare, so is upholstery. Let's not confuse 'antiques' with trash. We heard several people complaining at the reception. So did we. Matresses were subpar. Breakfast is nice, so is its location. The restaurant is nonexistent.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2012
RaduG
"sweet little place in the heart of the city"
I've been to this hotel before - on mistake last time. This time was on purpose. It is perfectly located in the middle of the town and close to public transportation to take yo anywhere. However, downtown is in a walking distance, so you won't need much. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Furthermore breakfast (with fabulous marmelade) and WLAN is included - perfect bargain! This cosy hotel is old thus there will be other hotels with more comfort, BUT without charme - I'll go there again!
6 night business trip Feb 3, 2013
Nice, old but fashion style, really good hotel and restaurant. It is very close to Vienna ring. Beautiful sightseeing from the rooms.
Other trip Jan 19, 2013
"Very good hotel in the heart of Vienna"
Hotel was older but charming. Rooms were small but very clean. Bed was quite firm with comfortable pillows. Breakfast (included) was very good and we made sure to get our fill before our days of sightseeing. Hotel is very conveniently located to the metro and is also close to some great sights like Votive Church and Rathaus. Overall, highly recommended.
4 night romance trip Dec 22, 2012
"Pretty setting, close enough to transportation"
We had a fabulous stay at the hotel Regina. Staff was very helpful, breakfast was delicious with hot and cold variety, location was close to trains and trolleys but not swarms of people and noise.
5 night family trip Nov 30, 2012
RH
I was verty pleased with the entire experiance. The breakfast was great and I enjoyrd a meal in The Roth Cafe. The staff couldn't have been more accomadating. I look forward to staying with you on my next trip
3 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2012
Mike F
Wonderful hotel and staff. Good location and the breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay here again when traveling to Vienna.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2012
"Great location for touring the center city."
The bellman Josef was fantastic. He helped me in many ways: to change my room that I did not really like to one I did & at no additional cost. He also was helpful in giving me directions on where to go to get a gift. Josef was very friendly & always spoke to me when he saw me, asked how things were, what he could do to help & made me feel very much at home. He is a keeper forever!! My room was very clean, comfortable bed & good bathroom. The only thing that I can say was not up to par was the TV. It was small. Also charging for in town calls for time is not great. Thank you for an overall nice stay.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2012
"Very enjoyable stay"
I got a very large corner room, bright and comfortable, nice city views with two sides of large windows, extremely responsive and friendly staff. and there is too much to love Vienna, the stunning architecture, rich history, music, arts, food, gourmet coffee, beautiful scenaries, modest prices, friendly people... Only complaints are two minor ones, the big bed was two twin mattresses put together, understand this is European thing, but wish they had a big mattress pad to cover over the two mattresses so there isn't a gap in the middle of the bed that could become bigger if you move too much when sleeping. Second complaint is I was on the first floor, traffic noise is a little loud in the early morning when you may still be sleeping although that would not be a problem if you are not having your jet lag sleeps. Oh, one additional thing, one staff seemed to be somewhat ignorant and I think gave me the wrong info when he told me NaschMarket closed at 5. The food market really closes much later 9 or 11 at night. That made me miss out on the days I could have enjoyed food there rather than dining at the hotel, which is not great. Still that particular staff was very nice I think it was an honest mistake.
Business trip Oct 6, 2012
Katrina
"Worn but friendly"
Location was good , the staff very friendly It had an old worn feel to the hotel , the breakfast was just "ok"
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
Goldenbear
"Definitely not the 4 star hotel!"
The amenities are minimal. They are replacing the soap and body wash every other day. The hotel is old and could use a renovation.
5 night business trip Sep 11, 2012
"Close to Public transportation, the convention cen"
The service was great, helpful staff, yummy breakfast, interesting history and close to The Ring.
7 night trip Aug 30, 2012
Dianne
Overall I'd rate the experience a 3.5; slightly above average. Hotel is in a great location. The room condition was fine, nothing special but clean and utilitarian. Service was always helpful. Only minor issue was the AC would cut out from time to time.
5 night business trip Aug 26, 2012
"BEST STAY IN VIENNA"
WE ARRIVED ON THE WARMEST DAY IN AUGUST AND WERE ASSIGNED A ROOM WITHOUT AC. WHEN WE ASKED IF WE COULD SWITCH TO A ROOM WITH AC THE STAFF DID THIS QUICKLY. ONLY PROBLEM WE HAD IS WE MOVED SO QUICKLY FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER WE LOST A PERSONAL ITEM THE HOTEL COULD NOT RECOVER.
1 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2012
JANETTE
"5 minutes to public transportation."
Our only problem was getting the air conditioned room we had asked for from Hotels.com. Not all rooms have A/C and it took a bit of toe to toe negotiation to get the room with A/C. One day our room was missed for maid service. Very good breakfast.
4 night trip Aug 8, 2012
Jay
"nice hotel for tourists"
Really nice, old but nice fashion style, really good hotel and restaurant. It is very close to midtown. Beautiful sightseeing from the rooms. Only problem is the Tv, which are still old style and too small.
Other trip Aug 1, 2012