All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1763 Comox St, Vancouver, BC, V6G1P6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great staff."
Large suite well maintained with a great bed. Johnathan at the front desk cheerful, helpful and funny. Great value.
4 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Kenneth
"Nice hotel for kids to play at Stanley Park"
We stayed in a King Suite. There is a separate room with a t.v., king bed, and view for the adults. The room was about the right size and had a door to keep the living room noise down. The bathroom is small and old but functional. The toilet handle had to be held down to complete flush but once we figured that out, it didn't bother us. The kitchen, living room, and balcony make this room awesome for the kids. The kitchen allowed us to shop at the grocery store in the mall below the hotel and keep snacks in the room. The living included a desk with chair, separate table and chairs for the eating and comfy chair and couch for t.v. The furniture isn't nailed down or too large, so we could reconfigure the room for the pull out couch or playing with legos. We stayed in November and the building heat was on full blast. The front-desk suggestion for controlling this was to turn the window a/c on. That is a terrible idea as we are not used to the noise of the a/c. We just kept the sliding door open instead which worked once we figured out how much to keep it open to stabilize the temperature. We stayed on the 34th floor which had an amazing view including a school playground close by for the kids. The pool was awesome and only had one other person the whole time we stayed. The hot tub was clean and very hot. I didn't try the locker room sauna but my husband and daughter loved it. We didn't try the hotel restaurant or bar as the hotel has so many ethnic restaurants close by.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
DF
"Very close to all restaurants and downtown"
LOVE Vancouver. A great place to visit, we actually extended our stay. Watch the cab drivers, its hit or miss. Try for an English speaking cabbie. We had a really bad experience with an Indian guy who ripped us off by going a long long way and sent the whole trip on the phone talking in a different language
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Colleen
"Price is right, hotel is not"
Booked this hotel for its proximity to the start of the Vancouver Rock N Roll half marathon as it was a special deal on hotels.com. The hotel was difficult to get in and out of in its residential neighborhood. Parking was difficult in a full size pickup truck. Check in was fine and the front desk pleasant enough. When we got to our room it was freezing cold because all the windows had been left open. But even worse was the condition of the kitchen. It had what looked like cigarette ash covering everything. The hotel did refund what we had paid and we went elsewhere. But it was frustrating to have to pay premium for another room elsewhere because of this.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"p,"
4 nights in the suite with kitchenette. Decor is aged but still offers some charm. Customer service from 3 different staff was exceptional. Great attitude and very personable. Will stay again. Beds were great
5 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Would stay again"
Free upgrade to hot tub suite. Wifi doesn't work. Great view.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Tired"
Good location. But, this place is hard to find, in the midst of numerous one way streets. Staff was nice, but this place is tired and truly needs some updates.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
BAB
"Positives and negatives"
There were some great things and some not so great things about our stay. Overall, the hotel was a good value, the rooms were clean and when in contact with the staff, they were nice. The negatives were out of 4 elevators, only 2 seemed to work and we often waited in line in the lobby to use them. Several times when we called to order room service or to ask the front desk a question, the phone rang off the hook and it took several tries to reach someone so service was a bit slow. But the location was really nice- very near the water and lots of restaurants/shops. We were 3 adults and a kid so the suite with two double beds and a pull out were perfect for us.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Jocelyn
"Outstanding! Very surprised!"
Almost didn't stay here due to the negative reviews I read here. I have no idea what people are complaining about. You must be VERY picky to give a bad review to this hotel. I wasn't looking for opulence but I didn't want a run down smoke lounge either which is what some of the reviews made it sound like. I could not believe the location! Right on Denman rd, 3 block walk to the beach, which was beautiful and so scenic! The beach was clean and perfect with a dock that hosts a water slide when the tide is in (Check your tide tables before promising the kids they can go down the slide). There were restaurants all over the place, everything from Burger King to Thai and Sushi. 10 minutes from Kitsilano beach if you want to check that out too. I stayed here for business and ended up feeling a little bit of vacation going on. The staff was great and my room was roomy and comfortable. Private balconies gave me a view of the mountains and harbor that I have not had better in a LOOOONG time! If you need a posh place to park your Bentley, maybe don't go here. If you want a nice easy location that gives you the flavor of Vancouver, drop in!
2 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Lorne Curl
"Excellent location for Stanley park and everything"
The hotel is very nice, the only thing I would say is that if you want a room with a nice view you need to ask for it. There are two side with views to the city and two side with views of the water and Stanley park. I have stayed at the coast several times and always go back when I visit Vancouver BC.
4 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"Don't stay here in the summer time!"
AC unit was load as anything, rooms were pretty run down, elevators were constantly broken. Definitely would not recommend.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
The room had a great view. The Hotel was close to Sunset Beach and English Bay. The neighborhood was fun and interesting, as well as close to Stanley Park. Because of all the one way streets it was kind of hard to get to the front by car until we learned the route.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Clean, older hotel but great views!"
We stayed here after participating in the Cascade Bicycle Club's RSVP event, an organized bike ride from Seattle to Vancouver. This was the event hotel. Although the hotel furnishings are no longer in style and looking a little worn, the hotel location (on the West End, near the intersection of Denman and Davie streets) is great. We stayed on the 25th floor in a room with a balcony and the view was amazing. Our room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Although this hotel could use some updates, it was a pleasant place to stay.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Joel Creswell
"great location"
The hotel was kind of old and needed updating but the location can not be beat and the service was superb! I would definitely stay here again. Just a short walk to Stanley park and tons of fabulous dining.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Great location and overall wonderful stay"
Definitely ask for a high floor room. The view of the city, harbor, and fact there are breezes all helped make this a wonderful stay. While the air conditioning unit was less than effective, the breezes from the harbor and cool nights made up for it. They did have a room fan to help too. Elevators are slower than modern day one but none the less worked efficiently. The staff was always pleasant and accommodating. Due to the older condition of the building, some wallpaper is beginning to peel but it is very minor. Bath had great amenities. Internet was accessible and worked all of the time. Bed was extremely comfortable and gave me five nights of wonderful rest.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
The hotel is a short walk to the beach and close to Stanley Park. Staff were very helpful. There were no chairs on the balcony. When we inquired about it, we were told that was the case in all rooms.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Ruby
"One bedroom suite decent for families"
We stayed here on a last minute trip. We were surprised to find an entire kitchen in our unit. We were disappointed in the cleanliness of the room-hairs all over the shower and bathroom floor. Pool is extremely chlorinated.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
OK, individual AC units in room, ours did not work upon arrival
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Louis
"Best view I've ever had from a hotel room!"
Our huge room had a spectacular view from our 29th floor balcony: the English Bay is 5 blocks to the left, Stanley Park is 2 blocks straight ahead and the Lions Gate Bridge and Whistler Mountain are off to the right. The hotel is ideally located in the middle of the West End with many blocks of restaurants nearby.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Felt like an apartment"
We loved the Coast Plaza. Stayed there for a week. The room we booked ended up being a suite, so it was like having an apartment in a sought-after neighborhood of Vancouver. The Comox-Helmcken greenway is just right out the door, with a farmers market saturday mornings. On the corner is Denman - a main shopping, restaurant, coffeehouse, and bar street. A couple streets away are the English Bay beach and Stanley Park. The staff was very nice. Only negatives would be the older furnishings (especially in the bathroom) and slow elevators.
7 night romance trip Jul 15, 2014
"Great location, hotel is a bit tired though"
Hotel could use a bit of a refresh -- carpeting and rooms felt a bit grubby. But overall it was fine, staff was friendly and helpful and it's in a great location, especially if you want to see the sights of Vancouver.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
EJL
"Coast Plaza Hotel"
The hotel charges $25/day for parking on top of its expensive hotel rate and needs to disclose that before booking instead at check-in.
7 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Good West End location, hit and miss amenities."
My discount got me a shabby location on the 2nd floor parallel to adjacent rooftops. The room had a balcony that provided potential easy access to ambitious thieves (which, fortunately, never found the will to climb up and take their shot). I kept the curtains closed, valuable belongings hidden and chairs in front of the sliding balcony door just in case anything happened. (I thought about asking for a different room at first, but realized I had gotten a hugely discounted rate to stay here and thought they may not be accommodating because of this) The room itself was spacious and had a few extra amenities like a kitchen space. The bathroom was nicely laid out and clean. But the room overall was dark, old and more functional than attractive. A separate wheeled cooler in the corner provided cold A/C. The staff were VERY nice, efficient and attentive. No complaints there. They'll give you a voucher to park in the adjacent parking garage (which they don't own) for about $25 a night. Sad thing is that might still be a deal compared to other options, because parking in Vancouver sucks.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Will not stay there again!"
The hotel has lot of issues. 1. The Hotel smells bad. 2. The rooms too smell bad. 3. Wifi.. lucky if you got the connection. 4. Air conditioner doesn't work. Look around the Vancouver nice beautiful gardens, lakes. then when you go back to the Hotel, it smell so bad I cannot get that smell out of my head. We stayed 4 days in this horrible Hotel. We even called Expedia to change the hotel because we couldn't take the smell any more. As for the Air conditioner we told them that the a/c is not working, they told us that usually it doesn't get this hot during summers (lol! really you are going to give me that reason for the ac unit not working.)
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Bee
"perfect location."
Very good hotel in an excellent location within walking distance to all attractions. The only downside is that breakfast & parking were not included and the rooms are a little expensive! Make sure that you book a water view room. It's worth the extra dollars.
4 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
nazli
Do not book this hotel! It is extremely overpriced, you will be paying 4 star price for and old motel accommodations.Rooms were dirty and smelt. This was probably the worst hotel we have stayed in. Hotel was built sometime in 1960 and Nothing has been updated since. Rooms did not have an air conditioner we had to call and ask for one, and only main room got plug in for an air conditioner, the bedroom was hot and uncomfortable, we were offered a fan for it! Parking was extra money.Not worth it at all!
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great for family"
We enjoyed our stay with our 3 young boys. The room was very accommodating and it was very close to Stanley Park and Capilano Park.
4 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"nice hotel near english bay beach and restaurants"
great location near english bay beach. lots of good ethnic restaurant choices within walking distance. also close to stanley park and downtown. very happy to have a kitchenette in our room for kid's meals. also used the indoor pool at the end of our sigtseeing treks.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Location is great."
Hotel staff was very helpful and having the fitness facility attached to hotel was very convenient.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Good location but very outdated"
Hotel is in good location, concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms were large but VERY outdated. The rooms had a feel as if it were a center for the elderly. Needs to be updated.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to English Bay and all the city has to offer"
We had a lovely stay at the hotel. Its in a great location and anytime we travel to Vancouver we stay in the West End. It has proximity to English Bay, shopping, restaurants and Stanley Park.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Deceptive pictures! More like Motel 6..."
VERY disappointed with this hotel... I was trying to find a reasonably priced hotel for my friend and I to take a little girls trip to Vancouver. There was limited availability in the area I wanted and this hotel appeared to be a good option, based on the pictures and reviews. The hotel was not inexpensive (I paid almost $550 for 2 nights for a one bedroom with 2 doubles) We arrived for check in and were told we had been "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom. When we arrived at our room we were initially hit with that stale old (possibly smoked in) smell of a cheap motel. Then as we ventured further in, we saw an OLD (looked 60's-70's) little kitchen area, old looking carpet, old wallpaper. The room had curtains to match the bland pinky/beige of the walls and floor, but then there were 2 couches that did not match at all... one bright red and the other bright blue! The bathrooms had old yellowed arberite counters, complete with 90's 2-tone fixtures, a mismatched toilet and... a bottle opener fastened to the face a the counter, just within reach from the toilet! Bedroom nightstands and dresser has been upgraded to nice modern dark furniture, but the headboard was still old 80's gold trimmed oak. Overall, the place is just plain ugly. If you're looking for a functional, large place to sleep this place will do the trick, but don't expect it to be a pleasant space to hang out in... I will say that the location and views from the balcony were excellent (we were on the 26th floor) and the beds, very surprisingly, rivaled some of the best I've slept in (Fairmont, W, etc) and ALMOST made up for the sad decor. The customer service was kind and attentive but unfortunately they could not make my room disappear and bring me a new one...
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
I don't usually like rating 5 across the board but this was a great hotel and I would recommend to anyone visiting Vancouver. Great location as well, only thing that could have been better was the in room wifi, not so great.
4 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2014
Manuel
A lot older than I imagined. Clean. Customer service was great! Upgraded us and had our crib ready when we arrived! Convient store located on site.
4 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Great budget friendly hotel"
The hotel itself wasn't the best I've stayed in, but the price was quite a bit below other newer hotels. They could definitely use some updating but I felt like I got what I paid for. As far as location goes, it's great. Very close to Stanley Park and a 10 to 15 minute walk to most other Vancouver attractions. The stuff directly in the middle of downtown is probably a bit better location, but this suited us well. Lots of good bars and restaurants within a few blocks. The hotel was very quite and had a great balcony. The basic room was a good setup. Bed was somewhat comfortable, would have loved a few more pillows though.
4 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Will
"This hotel is not for us!"
The hotel is totally outdated, it looks from the 70's. Wallpaper, window treatments, furniture, carpets, kitchen, everything is old and it is on bad condition. The room was not clean, there was stains on the kitchen of wine and other liquids and the carpet was full of dust. My husband, my kinds and myself got running nose because of the amount of dust. There is not air conditioner on the room, there is only a VERY old machine that supposes to heat or cool the room with lots of noise, impossible to sleep with this on. We needed to open the windows to have some fresh air on the room. One day we left the machine on while we were out, planning to cool down the room and after we were back, the machine was off and the room was like an oven. Staff was not friendly at all. Food was not good. The only good point was location, you can walk to downtown, to the shore, there are restaurants and shops around.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Daniela
"Worst hotel"
I have never stayed at a hotel that was completely the opposite of it's advertisement room was outdated, smelled bad, bed sheets had a bad smell, poor lighting, lack of electric outlets, and my 17 years old was not allowed to work out in the work out room with her father bc of her age which was ridiculous.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Dora
"Good Hotel"
We were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed the hotel. Nice wide floor to ceiling windows. Great view.. very friendly staff. Great location - not far from Sand Beach- nearby good restaurants. Clean parking lot .Will stay here again.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Al
"I will never go here again"
Hotel is the same as a motel 6. Horrible. Room was dirty. Carpet stains. 1970 decor. I would never stay here again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
OC Flyer
"Overpriced"
Way over priced for what it offered, the pictures are not the true reputation of what your getting. Old and not worth the price. Wifi sucked. Good location
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Nice place close to downtown"
Nice place, affordable, close to Rnglish Bay, Stanley Park, Ribson. Accessible to buses.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Kekela
"Accomdation"
Great staff. Friendly. You need cooking facilities in rooms no bowls or cultery to eat.
Other trip May 30, 2014
ryan
"Nice place for biz or pleasure"
I had business in Vancouver and was pleased with this Hotel . I would use it again
4 night business trip May 19, 2014
Sandy
"Nice west end location"
We found Vancouver very walkable. Distances on the map were much closer in reality. City blocks are not as long as New York, say. Great views from 28th floor. Hotel is clearly dated, but friendly staff.
4 night trip May 16, 2014
"Great location and view of the city!"
This was such a nice place to call home for 5 days with a small kitchenette, pool/jacuzzi, walking distance to tons of great restaurants, great balcony on the 20th floor and dedicated parking was nice with a rental car.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Over rated hotel"
The staffs are fine but the hotel is old and the air conditioner is portable and it takes time to cool the room. The hotel room needs renovation. We check out the following day.
Other trip May 18, 2014
joe
very accomodating. a mixup on the reservation was handled quickly and professionally by the hotel manager.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
thomas jobe
"Beautiful neighborhood near Stanley Park"
This hotel has the best location you can imagine - near beautiful residential neighborhoods and Stanley Park. Many wonderful resturants are within an easy walk. It was great being upgraded to the 34th floor with a small balcony over looking the bay and park. Coffee maker and bottled water with turn down service were nice suprises.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
David Sisson
"A Great Easter Weekend At The Coast"
We spent a wonderful extended Easter weekend at the Coast at Stanley Park. We have been coming here since the late 1980s and will continue to do so. The staff is wonderful and the location can't be beat. If you haven't been here before try it out. You'll enjoy it. A very good value and an easy walk anywhere.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Craig
"Convenient hotel"
The hotel was very conveniently located which more than made up for it's somewhat outdated finishes. The pool is a little weird in that it is shared with the connecting gym. I'd stay here again because it was so well located but would like to see some updating (especially to the bathrooms). While the room was generally clean, a little more attention to detail would have been great.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014