All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2889 Hastings St E, Vancouver, BC, V5K2A1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Vancouver-E.Hastings HolidayInn Express"
It was a close location to downtown Vancouver we reserved through hotel.com. One lady at front desk was helpful by finding us a room ready to check in earlier around 3 pm, but other staffs just simply told us to wait until 4 pm, the official check-in time. Our family stayed there for three days and enjoyed the city very much. The hotel needs some updating but it had free parking. The hotel is not on par with most hotels in holidayinn brands we stayed but served the purpose.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014
A family
"Great hotel!"
Matt from the hotel helped me with the purchase of this hotel, thank you. You need to call the hotel to find out how much security deposit is and how much other fees are that the hotel charges separate from you Expedia purchase. The 4pm check in time is way to late in the day. You want to check in and then plan your day. The front staff are very nice and helpful. You need to ask what you want or you may be sitting along time if you don't. If you want to see if they can get your room ready since you are there. It is a good idea to ask them to talk to the maids. They said they would come get us when the room was ready in about 30 minutes. We waited about 1 hour and half and so I went to the desk to ask if it was ready. They said it had been ready. I wish I would of asked sooner they were not busy.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Doone
"Holiday Inn Express E Hastings-Renfrew Vancouver S"
Very accommodating, charming and helpful hotel personnel. The charge per day is reasonable and affordable to many, together with the free breakfast, a perk!
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Vincent Reyes
The stay was fine except for the uncomfortable beds and the midnight fire alarm that had us evacuate the hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Fair price for a clean hotel"
Fire alarm went on at midnight...ok it can happen but responsible person never left the front desk counter and talked to the guests. We asked the fireman directly what had happened. Somebody had pulled and emergency button. We received a letter under the door just saying that the fire department had taken care of the situation. Poor management. Breakfast until 9:30 am is not a holiday schedule. They offer a wide variety, but mostly unhealthy, but with little more thought could improve a lot.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Front desk staff was exceptional in accommodating our desire to extend our visit .
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Okay hotel but very far from attractions."
Would not choose this hotel again. It is very dated and extremely far from anything that you would like to do in Vancouver. The best thing going for it was the staff and the fact that there is an extremely good very small Japanese restaurant right across the street. But find another hotel closer to the attractions and then ride the bus to the Japanese restaurant.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Regina
"Avoid"
This is the worst Holiday Inn I stayed. Very noisy, almost sleepless; stained floor.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
JT
"Wasn't impressed"
Didn't care for location or hotel was older and not very clean.Didn't feel comfortable really staying there have stayed at much nicer Holiday Inn roof caved in while eating breakfast buffet.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
The room was clean and much better than the rooms close to the cruse ship terminal
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Good compromise"
I read the other reviews before booking this hotel & I found them to be pretty accurate. My room was on the street side - it was noisy, but maybe being from LA it didn't bother me. By 11pm, most of the heavy traffic died off anyway. The room was comfortable if not completely updated (okay, kinda old). However, the hotel staff was GREAT. Super helpful, even booking a day trip to Victoria for me. The free shuttle into downtown was very convenient & only took about 15 min. The staff can give you the bus schedule which is easy to navigate. All in all I was very satisfied. When you throw in the awesome free breakfast, I would totally stay there again.
5 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"EWWW"
There was used soap in the shower and condoms in the un-emptied trash that was not noticed until the next morning. Yuck! Hope the sheets were changed and we didn't sleep in someone else's body fluids!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Decent hotel but in a poor location"
The neighborhood was on a very busy street with few desirable restaurants or places to walk nearby. Between the hotel and downtown was an area where the homeless congregated. Nearby was Chinatown which appeared to be on the way down.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Shirley
"NICE LOCATION NEAR DOWNTOWN AND CRUISE SHIPS"
VERY HELPFUL FRONT DESK CLERK WHO GAVE US GREAT RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATION.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
CATHY
"Vancouver Hotel for Cruise"
Was expecting a nice hotel- however neighborhood extremely sketchy- prostitutes and drug dealers abound. HOtel per se is not bad- given the pricier options closer to Canada Place. Wouldn't stay here again owing to surrounding area of town
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Very accommodating staff"
Our stay was for 2 nights before embarking on a cruise. I pre-booked the room and asked for the back of the hotel & that's what we got. Relatives were coming the next day & I asked that they be given a room next of our's if possible. And they did. The front desk staff couldn't be more helpful. They gave us directions to the downtown area and even made change for us as we needed exact change for the bus which was right on the corner. The room was very comfortable & clean. The complimentry breakfast offered variety & was good. The breakfast room was crowded but we brought the food to our room. Free internet in the lovely lobby area was convenient. They provided free transportation to the cruise ship. The staff was extremely friendly. The entire hotel was very clean and beautifully decorated. The neighborhood is primarily residential with an Asian population. I observed the young Asian people on the bus to the downtown area were very polite, offering their seats to older passengers. The bus passes thru an older and somewhat depressed area on the approximately 2 mile bus ride to the downtown/waterfront area, but we did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable. The bus drivers were all very friendly & helpful with our travel questions. (BTW, if you're over 65, the bus fare is $1.75 & they don't ask for I.D. & there's a free transfer within 90 minutes. Stop at the visitors center across the street from where the ships dock.)
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Needs Upgrades"
The staff was friendly but the carpets were all stained both outside an din the room. The furniture was clean. The shower head was on a long rod and would not stay up. In general this hotel needs a serious remodel and maintenance was poor.
1 night trip with friends May 19, 2014
Wayne N.
"close to cruise port"
hotel lobby, service and breakfast were wonderful. We chose this hotel for it's close location to the cruise port. However, the carpet on the room level needs a good deep cleaning; it was about the dirtiest carpet I've seen.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Adaline
"getting old"
Carpet in room and hallways is tired and appears beyond cleaning; heater in room is noisy; room needs some minor repairs (paint, grout) The foyer and dining area is great ... it belies the room appearance. Would be great with a little TLC in the room
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Great for PNE Exhibitors!"
Room was ample size but very small bathroom. Internet speed slow when it worked which was usually when in or near bathroom. Very nice, clean looking lobby, halls, reception and breakfast room. Unbelievably convenient for being at the PNE! Would stay here EVERY time I need to be at PNE. Free parking in garage was also a great feature as well as helpful friendly staff. Value of room for price paid was great! Convenient and close to downtown Vancouver without the traffic and $$$'s.
3 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Nice hotel for the price"
This hotel is a great value and was a good spot for a business trip. It has free parking, internet, and breakfast for a low rate, which is a rare find close to downtown Vancouver. The East Hastings St. area has lots of good restaurants to choose from. The hotel was also convenient to the Second Narrows/Ironworkers bridge to North Vancouver. The main downside was the traffic noise and generally poor insulation around the windows and sliding door. My room faced the street and had a balcony with a sliding door, and I could hear traffic noise all night. However, if you have a room on the backside of the building, I'm guessing it would be a lot quieter.
2 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
Joel Creswell
"good value for Vancouver"
My stay was comfortable and the view nice but old balcony door was heavy and stuck so almost impossible to get out to enjoy the view. The doors seem to be original and could use updating.
4 night trip Dec 23, 2013
"Reasonably Priced"
I needed a quiet, clean and reasonably priced room for a couple of nights and it delivered. The staff was very friendly. Controlling the temperature in my room was easy and made my stay that much more enjoyable. Easy access to downtown Vancouver and the highway.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Nice staff. Convenient location with parking. Rooms were okay except the shower head was loose but still usable.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
C
"Convenient to PNE and Pacific Coliseum"
Friendly polite staff. Great parking. Variety of restaurants and fast food within a block. Convenient bus connections to Downtown and Sky Train.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Over 60
We had an excellent experience. Staff were friendly, helpful and on the spot. We will stay there again.
Response by Atrium Inn Vancouver
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Vancouver, I am happy to hear that we met with most of your expectations. With future renovations planned we hope to make changes the guest rooms and hope that your future plan stays in Vancouver you will once again choose us, the holiday Inn Vancouver!
3 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Fridge in room would have made my stay perfect! Breakfast was hot, delicious with great variety and much appreciated. I'd definately stay here again. Also, nice to have a balcony.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Good hotel for business and short stay-overs"
Quite some distance from downtown Vancouver but fairly prized and decently comfortable hotel. We had a room at the back side which was very quite, those at the street side are known to be awfully noisy due to heavy traffic in Hastings Street East so close to highway 1. Hotel entrance and lobby are luxury, in huge contrast to the very small and simply furniture breakfast room where they serve a HI unworthy continental but complimentary breakfast btw. The room was a bit crowded with little walking space, decent, clean but all a bit old. No refrigerator. Very noisy air system that couldn't be turned off. Bathroom was good, clean, great towels and all the necessary accessories. The complimentary gym on the 4th floor with dry sauna wasn't one that I would use, in the same room as the coin washers, but maybe others would. The owner drove us with the shuttle bus to downtown, which was complimentary, that was very ok. Taxi to downtown is 15 to 20 CAD. All in all some minors but a very good hotel with helpfull staff.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
Anna
"Far away from the bad part of Hastings"
Great hotel, clean, good price and in a much better area of town than other hotels in this price category. The breakfast was a big plus too. My kids (and I) were fascinated by the pancake machine.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
BoB
"The hotel is very far from the airport"
this was my first experience into Vancouver and first time to Canada. Downtown was close and pubic transportation was close by also shopping malls
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
roberta
"close to my appt."
wasn't happy with smoke but otherwise it was nice
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Denise
"Right NEXT to the PNE!!!"
Had a great time. Right on the bus line for a $2.75 trip to downtown and Granville Island ($20 cab ride for the night shows downtown). Right across the street from the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition). Fantastic time at the PNE, lots to do, and a few beer gardens.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2013
everything is good, just face the main road, little noisy
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Even though the location was a bit out of the way, all of the staff was wonderful. Very curteous, helpful amd allways with a smile. They made us feel very weelcome. Breakfast and parking were included in the rate. By the way, breakfast was delicious with a wide variety, I will definetly stay there again if the winds blow me back to Vancouver.
6 night romance trip Aug 4, 2013
Pococks
"Nice hotel for the price."
The hotel lobby and reception area was clean and well-maintained. The full breakfast had a lot of choices and was quite satisfying. Despite the fact that the rug in the room was a little dirty and the curtains were worn, we would return here again because the hotel is comfortable and pleasant enough for the price. A gated parking area was reassuring since we had a rental car.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Wrong baggage"
This hotel made a big blunder with my baggage by bringing down my baggage from my room and giving them to another guest who was leaving the hotel. Luckily, this guest said the bag did not belong to him. So my bag was in the lobby the entire day and the front desk personnel being unable to find my room and put it back in my room. I was very surprised to find by bag in the lobby when I returned from taking a tour of downtown Vancouver. Luckily, nothing from my bag was missing.I felt the trust and my security at this hotel was breached. The hotel manager- Ryan was very apologetic for the incident.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Jennie
"a little dated"
We recently stayed here. it is a mediocre holiday inn with ok rooms, but overall rather dated. good thing is free breakfast, parking and internet. it is still quite close to downtown.
3 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Stefan
"Good quality hotel in Vancouver"
Very helpful hotel staff. Very comfy beds. - - Restaurants in walking distance.Vancouver Canucks team outlet right next door! - - Drive or take shuttle into downtown. --We used this as home base during our stay in Vancouver. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
"Good, but location was not good"
Hotel was so clean and good. But it's location had different mood with downtown. I felt not good about neighborhood.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
SK
"Excellent staff"
Easy check-in. Staff was always eager to answer questions about the local area. Friendly and knowledgeable.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Close to our agenda."
Our stay with the hotel was very nice. The hotel staff was amazing! Great, friendly, helpful people at the front desk more than willing to Google anything that we needed or direct us to a nice place to eat.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
M. Phillips
"Good place to spend the night"
The Holiday Inn Express Vancouver is a good place to spend the night. It is about a 20-minute drive from downtown. My room was huge. You could easily have a party for 10. I’m not sure why else the room has to be so big, but better than too small. The hotel is showing its age. The molding in my bathroom was falling off the wall, but really it’s just cosmetic. The hotel is on a major street and traffic noise is noticeable. The clerk at the front desk could not have been more pleasant or welcoming. The parking is secure and free! The Wi-Fi works well and is free too. There is a Starbucks next door.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Mat
"Good service"
The front desk checked us in quickly and offered friendly service. We came in very late after 1:00am PST.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Cindy
The staff was excellent and so very helpful. Unfortunately, the traffic noise was bad and this made sleeping difficult. We stayed only the ne night before catching a cruise ship
1 night trip May 30, 2013
dm
"Vancouver"
The hotel was fine for a Holiday Inn Express, but a little farther from downtown than we thought. When booking and talking to the front desk at the hotel, they told us they had a shuttle. This was true, but it didn't start until 8 AM and we were on a 6:40 AM train. Even though I had told the front desk we would be leaving early, he didn't mention that the shuttle didn't run at that hour. They did make arrangements for taxis to be there, but could have been a little better customer service. Other than that, the few days we spent there were fine. The desk people were very friendly and helpful, especially the evening crew.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
"All good"
All good
1 night business trip May 16, 2013
"easy walking distance to pacific coliseum concerts"
our room was clean and the secured parking was a nice bonus. We went to the billy talent / sum 41 concert 3-14-2013 @ the Pacific Coliseum and we didn't have to worry about traffic, parking we just simply walked. Breakfast was simply perfect and they have a computer in the lobby that they allow you to use to get directions to the local attractions and home. The front desk personal were friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again if i'm in the Vancouver area again.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2013
Aaron
"Inexpensive to stay for a weekend."
Overall it was good. Inexpensive, Good service and clean.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"Ideal location for Pacific Coliseum"
Hotel is very close to the pacific coliseum and that was the reason for choosing this location, this area of Vancouver is run down and not very pretty. There's an ok bar next door for food, the hotel gives a 15% discount for using this bar.
1 night trip with friends Feb 10, 2013
"Stay at "Holiday Inn Express Vancouver""
Decent hotel, quite, poor breakfast, and had higher expectations.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2012