All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Value
    Regular internet service
"Not as advertised"
We did not stay. We had booked for 2 nights with free cancellation privileges. When we arrived we told the desk staff that our plans had changed and that we needed to cancel the second night. We were told that we could do that, but that the rate for one night would be higher because we had booked under a multiple night rate. I showed them on my phone on the hotel.com sight that we used the "nightly rate" times two. They would not yield, so we cancelled both nights and booked into a lovely hotel for less money, for the one night. The other strange thing was that when I first booked and received my confirmation it was the "Country Inn and Suites by Carlton". I later got a confirmation, same address, same everything, for "holiday Inn and Suites". The building sign was Country Inn and Suites
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
"Totally Satisfied!"
Really enjoyed the amenities they had from the daily breakfast and free internet to the exercise room and closeness to freeway/airport. Would definitely go back when in the area.
3 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2015
Sherman
This is actually a Country Inn & not a Holiday inn. Nice staff, nice room, easy accessibility to locations!
2 night trip with friends Dec 1, 2015
Denise
"Don't stay"
The advertisement of the hotel by expedia was misleading. It was a terrible experience at best. I recommend not to stay at this hotel or trust expedia
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Great service - hotel needs work"
The hotel was nothing, but the service - front desk at check-in and check-out and airport shuttle - was fabulous. The ladies couldn't have been nicer and more professional.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
Robin
"Hotel was clean and quite"
For a quick overnight trip it was good.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Stayed here for SAnta Cruz IRonman.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"Visiting our granddaughter."
No problem at all. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was very good and the staff kept the breakfast room clean despite the busy crowd near closing. We would come back. The mattress was memory foam and very comfortable. The air conditioner was a quiet as can be expected.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Philip
"Thumbs up"
The lady that checked me in after midnight was great! Super great attitude, super helpful giving me directions and transportation options for my destination. The breakfast was good.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Heidi
"I will never stay here again!"
I will never stay here again! The staff was not helpful and the front desk was rude to several guests. Parts of the hotel looked like they were under construction and the pool was also not available/they had it closed off to guests. It was also very noisy. The fire alarm kept going off during the night. The guy at the front desk said it needed to be fixed and just smirked like it was a joke. We didn't sleep at all with all of the noise. We were very disappointed with this hotel stay.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Surprise fee"
I booked and paid for this hotel through Hotels.com. Upon arrival I was informed they would place a hold on my card for $250. They stated since they've had problems with third party payors in the past so they hold that amount. (My room was $137 so I don't know why they would hold more than that, but...) The "general manager" was at the front desk while I was being helped by a young man. His conversation with the young female employee was inappropriate. He was acting like "one of the girls" when he is actually supposed to be in charge. He also made a comment about the lady with 2 young children on the couch behind me about how "she didn't have the $250 to put on a card" When I checked out the next morning I asked about the policy and was advised it is a company wide policy. I asked if my $250 would be released and the advised immediately. Needless to say there is still a hold on my card. I don't think I will stay at another holiday inn unless I speak with them prior regarding their policy regarding third party bookings.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Debbie
its good place to stay
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Angel
"Economic Hotel"
Economic n average hotel. Very near from downtown.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Not worth the price"
Lower quality for the price. There were two loaves of bread some juice& coffee, oatmeal & packaged sweet bread
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Alicia
"Ok motel close to airport"
Clean and that is all I expect. I was charged a $50 fee for "incidentals" which I had to call to get removed because there were no incidentals. Never had that happen before and I've stayed at MANY hotels and motels. I don't think it would have been removed if I hadn't called. I. He ken out on Saturday, called on Tuesday and they couldn't even find a record of me being there.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"5 stars"
It was a wonderful stay...and will stay there again
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Sheree
"Overall a good service, friendly staff, good rates"
Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, a good deal on their rates, the shuttle service from the airport a big plus overall a good experience
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
patricia
"graduation family staying"
Checking was fast, the room was very nice, fast internet service, breakfast good, overall clean and comfortable. I will recommend this hotel to my friends
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Melott
"beautiful clean room and excellent lobby service"
my husband forgot his toothbrush and he called front desk, the young lady up front came within minutes and brought us 2 toothbrushes and 2 travel size toothpaste! We loved it!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Elvia
"Just OK"
I was very pleased with the hotel but after I booked the room i discovered it is a business hotel and the rate gradually climb towards the middle of the week and they were less then accommodating on the price. The same hotel was four miles down the road and was $60 cheaper a night.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
This hotel was very clean. The service from the staff was excellent. I would recommend this hotel.
6 night family trip May 12, 2015
"Nice for a short stay!"
Everything was great except the curtains on the window. They were totally transparent and one could see everything from outside!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Neha
"will stay here again for sure!"
Great staff, nice room (other than the cliff bar and toenails behind my bed), yummy breakfast. Elevators were super slow. Was there for a sharks game so it did its job well!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice hotel, good rates"
Was in town for a sporting event, good room at a fair price.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Fine for short stay"
Nice bed, ok stay. No frills and dirty carpet.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Good place to stay in San Jose"
Good hotel for the price. It's a block away from the light rail station so it is very convenient. The neighborhood isn't that exciting, but that's common by hotels close to the airport. But it's easy to get from this hotel to downtown an other. The breakfast and staff were very nice. I'd stay here again.
4 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Fine for overnight stay"
Hotel was fine. Room clean and comfortable. We arrived quite late and just stayed one night so didn't get to see much of San Jose though the hotel didn't seem to be in the best area. Not loads of choice of restaurants nearby.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Quiet large room"
Relaxing. Quiet, large room. 2 blocks walk to light rail. Would stay again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
kel
"good"
within a few miles from downtown. easy connectivity to highway.. comfortable stay
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Anurag
"Great place to stay."
We would stay here again for either business or pleasure.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"If you do stay here get a room away from the road."
This hotel has big good and bad things about it. The room is nice and clean. The hot tub area was great. The breakfast was very good. But, the wifi and tv reception in the room was spotty. The heater fan was very loud. And most of all do not book a room on the street side on a Saturday night, unless you want to be woken up by loud parties at the club across the street! Totally ruined my sleep from midnight until 2am!
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
thomas
"recent family trip"
Not many restaurants in the general area.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice Hotel - Not a great Area"
If you don't mind driving you could eat. Otherwise not a good area at all to walk any where even though the person from Hotels.com told me there was all kind of restaurants in the neighborhood. I was very disappointed in that since I requested that option.
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"It's an okay place"
This is a handy place next to the airport. It was reasonably priced and comfortable, but not really out of the ordinary. It didn't really feel like many of the Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have stayed in elsewhere. On the other hand, the room was nice, clean, and everything worked well. I'd probably stay there again as long as the price was right.
"Clean, Quiet, Friendly"
I would definitely stay here again. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Free Breakfast was more than I expected, stocked with a variety of food to accommodate any diet restrictions.
3 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Candice
"Close to airport, excellent staff."
- staffs are professional with friendly smiles - shuttle transportation to the airport is excellent, they perfectly take care of schedule of transportation - room is okay, bath room smells somewhat weird, but compared to price range it is acceptable - nearby is not so convenient to dine out or shop - vending machine is obsolute
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
kevin
"Top Marks"
Just a quick overnighter. Check-in a breeze. Helpful and friendly desk staff. Very comfy and clean room.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Craig
Location, staff, room was good only problem was the bathroom was loaded with ants. They were everywhere
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"It's okay."
The actual hotel is pretty nice. Elevator to my part of the hotel was out so I had to use one kind of far from my room. Not too bad. Decent breakfast. Shuttle to airport was good. Was quiet. They put coffee out early. That's nice. Internet was good. Just okay because the location is farther from VTA than I like and there isn't much near the hotel. Neighborhood is a little sketchy. I would stay again but the high price makes me want to stay closer to the VTA at Gish.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Bobby Oh
"Where is the Bacon and Biscuit/Gravey"
1. Wifi and tv were weak in area that we were given - No Biscuits and gravy or Bacon on any of the 2 days we stayed there. Did not meet standards associated with this brand.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
The visit was great for my business trip. Clean rooms, breakfast was fine, staff helpful and friendly. Comfortable bed and quite. Got lost on the way because there is another Holiday Inn a few blocks away on first street, same building number and everything - a little annoying. Just be aware of that. Otherwise good stay.
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"Super nice stay"
The gal @ the front desk-on the phone & in person-was SUPER great & cooperative & accommodating! She was so nice about helping us w. an early check in to make a wedding near by on time :) The room was small but very comfortable (& quiet) for our short overnight stay. It was also very clean & nicely decorated.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
SM
"good fit for us"
Upgrads to the hotel were great. new tv, carpeting, paint and furnature. We have been coming to this hotel for about 4 years to visit and play poker at the nearby cardroom.Morning breakroom is very convient and clean. staff very helpful and friendly. plenty of parking.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Bonnie
"Close to downtown"
Very comfortable!! Breakfast was fantastic... So many choices.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Wells
Very nice. Loved the breakfast...
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Andrrd
"Very clean, terrific staff"
From the airport pickup to front desk to housekeeping and breakfast staff, this group was terrific. Our room, which faced the back parking lot on the third floor, was very quiet and clean. Breakfast was regularly restocked and plentiful. We would stay there again!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Murray
"Good - close to airport"
We stayed here after flying in from the East Coast and renting a car to go on a 2 week CA vacation. The hotel is quiet while close to the airport. Airport shuttle is convenient. The location is OK and quite safe but depends on the direction you walk. The Mexican restaurant on the corner is very good. The hotel breakfast was very good.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Decent hotel. Yummy breakfast"
Me and the boyfriend needed to have a quick weekend getaway from our super busy schedule. We decided to go San Jose since it's close and the wether is nice. We stayed here for 3 days. Parking isn't too far, room is nice and clean. They have a pool and a jacuzzi outdoor. Pool time was a must since that weekend was around 90 to 100 degrees. However, the pool and jacuzzi is really dirty. It was obvious that it wasn't clean for like a week or two maybe more. On the same day,around 130ish I called the front desk for some more towels delivered to our room and also a good time to send someone for housekeeping since we'll be staying by the pool for a while. We came back to the room around 330 and We were surprised that our request for housekeeping and towels wasn't done. I called at 530 to follow up on my request. Thankfully when we came back at 9pm the room has more towels and bed was nice and clean again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
sf
"Close to the St. Jose International Airport"
The staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was waiting before we had to leave at 6:30 a.m. The shuttle was on time and the driver was helpful and pleasant. I loved the heated pool! The place was clean, nicely decorated and quiet. We plan to stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Gaisi-Buhl
very quiet, nice would stay again
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014