All hotels in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
3071 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI, 48202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Birthday trip to Detroit"
The hotel was beautiful. Beds were comfortable. I work in a four diamond hotel in Mount Pleasant so I am especially critical when staying out of town. I really only had 2 complaints: Hotel housekeeping wasn't the best. I asked for them to clean my room after the first day (we stayed for 2 nights) and after being gone all day, we returned to a room with unmade beds, trash cans still full, and no new towels.I also had to wait about an hour when I called for anything( New towels, cups ect) My second complaint was that I made a request for a wake up call each morning. I received the first call but on my departure day I received no call at all. Other than those things (which are pretty minor) I loved my stay. the decor was lovely, the beds were comfy, the staff was friendly and the location was ideal.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Portia
"stay"
We enjoyed our stay..the parking fee kinda sucked..but other than that it was.fun
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
kristen
"Decent Hotel"
Very nice staff. Very clean. Good restaurant. Only complaints no free parking. No gym pool or hot tub. Hallways were hot. The building is old and has a unique charm. $20 for Valet parking seems a little much.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Phil H
""Diamond in the Rough" hotel in old Detroit"
Stayed here previously. Nice room and lobby with friendly staff, and reasonable rates
1 night trip with friends Feb 17, 2015
"Biz stay overnight"
Great service and very nice hotel. It was evening when I arrived, so I almost missed the building. I would stay here again!
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Bernadette
"Winter Stay"
Great room! Room service was awesome, friendly staff, lovely hotel decor and convience to all hot spots. My only compliant is the heat wasnt working well and the tv are antique, it needs a flat screen. Overall great room!
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice Hotel but..."
Very nice hotel, should have been told upfront by the booking site that parking is extra cost and mandatory valet. Most people don't like surprises when they travel, especially me.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
"Stay at St. Regis"
The stay was pleasent. The hotel was clean the staff was nice. I needed a place to stay while visiting a sick relative. There were a few hicups but the staff worked everything out fine. I would stay there again. dk
3 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
Devall
I had a great stay.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great employees with no management"
The service provided by the front desk officer (Ms Georgette) was excellent. Other than that the hotel was way below standard especially when compared to last time I was their..10 years ago. The heater was erratic and loud. The bathroom albeit clean needed overall refurbishing. The toilet seat was stained and decrypted. No safe, fridge, no complimentary water ( available at the end of the corridor). In all three floors they were out of water, the public toilet on the ground floor was filthy....all in all the mark I give for the so called "boutique hotel" is 3 out of 10. Sad to see a hotel go down this much
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
shawel
"Love it"
Amazing. I'd stay again.
3 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Letticia
"Warning Do Not Stay Here!! Worst Experience Ever!!"
Do not stay here and this is not the St. Regis Hotel chain. Its a mongrel hotel in receivership. I arrived and they want to charge you $20 a day for valet parking. When you ask are there other options, none of the staff knows. I am thinking you live and work here and this cannot be the first time someone has asked you this question. Second, the room that I had was barely above a Motel 6. The building is old. I called for extra towels to the night service and the front desk clerk actually sighed on the phone as if I was bothering him. It to a hour wait and a second call for them to bring a second incomplete set of towels to the room. I asked for a different room because 423 had no heat control in the dead of winter and the tub back up four inches when I took a shower. Completely unacceptable. The over charged me for my stay and neither Hotels.com or the Hotel St. Regis have taken the time to get me my money back. Neither of these will I use again.
3 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Needs more comfortable chairs for watching TV. Basic aminities should be standard, not requested.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Cost effective comfort"
This hotel is not new but it is perfect for a few nights to see Detroit! Great location close to everything..friendly staff ...I would stay again I was very comfortable and so were my pockets!!!!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
hairgirl215
"Nice friendly personnel. Close to casino's."
Just an overnight stay. Room was very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Fun and pleasant"
everyone nice and cooperative
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
I love the look of the hotel. It was nice there was valet parking and I didn't have to worry about my car. All of the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Good stay
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great historic hotel in downtown Detroit"
Had a wonderful stay for New Year's Eve at the St. Regis. We had dinner in the restraurant, the lamb chops were excellent. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"New Center convenience"
St. Regis was perfectly located for business in the Cadillac Place building. For a winter trip, greatly appreciated the heated sky tunnels that connect the hotel to several buildings in addition to the office, including the fabulous and iconic Fisher Building (sadly, nothing was playing at the theater during my stay).
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
DJ
Awesome experience, clean room. First time staying here , would stay again.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
it is good and conviniet,I booked for 116 dollar a night,actually it does not deserve more than 60 dollars.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great location, good staff"
The staff members/team are the hotel's best asset. The room cleanliness left a bit to be desired. Moreover, the food at the hotel restaurant was quite poor. However, the unfailing kindness and generosity of every worker I met, including cleaning staff, was great. If you can overlook some very rough edges and stains, the hotel is fine.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
musician
"Housekeeping Gets "Minus Five Stars"!"
For the price, the hotel is ok...only slightly outdated, but generally clean, with appliances working, hot water, etc. All good. I was there for four days (without a car) and found the "walk to" availability limiting, but that isn't the hotel's fault. I do wish they had a gym, though, because jogging alone in Detroit isn't always the best idea. But what ruined the trip for me was the lackluster work of the housekeeping staff. On day two, they didn't have my room made up until after 3:30p (I vacated at 9am and no, didn't leave any "DND" signs on my door). It wasn't a huge inconvenience, but I did have some business calls to make that required a quiet space -- and after waiting in the lobby for over an hour (housekeeping knew I was waiting), my patience ran out when the room still wasn't ready. The next day, I was gone from 8:30a-6:30p (again, no "DND" signs on the door) and when I returned, the room hadn't been made up at all. Fortunately, the front desk moved me to another room, but what a hassle! I travel a lot for business and try to economize, but in the future, I'll pay a few more bucks somewhere else to assure a predictably comfortable stay where the basics of hotel service are better mastered.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Just fine for what it is"
This is a cross between a luxury hotel, and a mid-range-priced hotel, which is to say that the lobby is great, the staff is solicitous, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. The rooms are very clean and serviceable, but they are not unlike what might be found in a newer Holiday Inn Express, or another reliable, but ordinary hotel. I would definitely come back if I were to return to Detroit.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Pleasant staff - no gym facilities."
This hotel was OK. Price was good. Parking options were poor with valet being just about the only option at twenty bucks a pop. The hotel staff was exceedingly and refreshingly polite and pleasant. The hotel has a nice old world ambiance. However the biggest drawback for me was that there were no gym facilities or pool, which I did not catch when I booked. For this reason alone I would not stay there again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice close to Motown vuseum"
Restaurant is top rated. We ate only 4 days after Stevie Wonder, Smoke Robinson and Berry Gordon had dined there. Restaurant staff showed pictures as proof. Food was excellent!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Donald
"small problem."
We did have a problem. We could not get the connecting door to unlock. The front desk was alerted to our problem when we checked in. When we got back from dinner it still was not solved, and had to put the children in a different room for the babysitter. We could not wait for it to be fixed, before we had to leave for the theatre. It would have been easier for her to have the two rooms. Other than that, all was great.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"okay hotel when all others are sold out"
hotel is a run down 4 star hotel of twenty years ago. Room was very hot and dry with no room temp adjustment available. Amenities are few.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"St. Regis Detroit Hotel awesome weekend getaway"
I thought the hotel was great. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant/bar which was very fancy. Great food. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Cordilia
"Okay hotel close to downtown"
Experience was really comfortable: good water pressure and other commodities
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
sfsaf
"Average."
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was courteous. The room service dinner was very good and reasonably priced however room service never answered the phone in the morning to order breakfast which left me behind schedule. Overall this is a old but nice facility that has been well updated and taken care of and is a decent place to stay.
"Lovely hotel, great location"
We had a super-fun weekend going to the Motown Musical, walking across the bridge to our beautiful room at the St. Regis, and then going to the Motown Museum a two minute drive away the next morning. The only downside was the hotel restaurant was very understaffed--only one waiter for lots of people waiting to get their breakfast, coffee, etc.. The food was great once it arrived!
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and I had an overall great experience. The only things that I didn't care for was the TV was kind of old, and the bedding felt cheap. For $170 a night I expected the hotel to be a little nicer. Other than that, it was good.
KyleThomas
"Very bad stay."
I stayed in this hotel several times but this time was the worst, from my point of view the hotel services are descending.
AMER
"St Regis at New Center"
The Room was fine and staff is friendly and helpful; food service closes too early at night and there is no gym; neighborhood has few foods choices as well
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"St. Regis - good place to stay for money"
It was good but phone was broken and no phone available in the room. Had to call to fix.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
dolores
"Nice plac"
Great trip
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"No heat in Detroit in October"
We stayed at this hotel for three days the second week of October when the nights were in the 40's and the days in the 50's and the hotel had no heat in the rooms. When I asked about it they said the owners were not ready to turn the heat on and gave us a space heater. Later that day the front desk clerk told me that the heat was being worked on and would be turned on soon. Two days later when we left still no heat. The housekeeping was also very poor. Other than changing the towels the bathroom was not cleaned, bed not made or anything swept. The staff was pleasant and I feel were just as disturbed by not having heat as I was. This is a beautiful old hotel and the experience could have been much different!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good looking hotel that screwed everything up"
The lobby is lovely, the hotel is stately looking. But when I arrived the front desk told me that I would be checked in fro 3 nights, even though my reservation was for 4. The next day I spoke to the day manager who said he could only fix it by having us switch rooms. The desk internet was down, also. The next day, in the new room, maid service never came, even though we left the hotel by 10am. I complained in the evening. No apology, just a Maybe-you-had-the-do-not-disturb-sign-on response, as if I'm an idiot. Worst, the next day, the *same thing* happened again. No maid service. We had to wait for fresh towels.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Ok Not Luxe Hotel, No wifi"
Hotel St. Regis was nice in general. The property looks well taken care of, and is situated very close to highways, downtown Detroit and practically right next to Wayne State U. campus. Something was just a little off about the hotel. My room was clean but the details were missing from this "boutique" hotel. There's an old cathode-ray TV instead of a flat screen. The cable channels are skimpy and glitchy (some had no sound). The telephone didn't work half the time; I couldn't call down to the front desk. I'm getting tired of hotels claiming they provide wifi everywhere. The wifi was down for days. I think their router was most likely incompatible with my Galaxy S3 phone and iOS 8 iPad & iPod. I had to assign my devices static IPs to be able to connect, but the internet speed was slow, worse than dialup. I really would have stayed elsewhere had I known. The entire time it felt like only a 2-man skeleton crew was running the place. There was just one person at the reception desk; same for valet service. I think I saw the hotel restaurant chef running food to the front desk. Where is the wait staff? And housekeeping screaming down the halls to one another mornings. And valet is mandatory for guests with cars. Sigh. Currently, Detroit is in full renaissance mode and construction is everywhere. No exception nearby, but it actually wasn't an issue for my street-facing room. The New Center area is tranquil and getting safer after dusk. Daytime gets busy with office workers.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Jenny
"September in Detroit"
Generally, the hotel is a nice older hotel. Nothing really fancy. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was adequate despite a continuously leaking toilet. TV had problems and were never fixed despite daily notes on the problem. Room service was not provided on the second day even though the door marker said service was desired. Upon returning at the end of the day, I called for fresh towels. Had to call a second time, they forgot. The most bothersome issue is that the hotel Wi Fi was down and was never fixed during our stay. One desk clerk was extremely rude to another customer. They were generally friendly to us. Did not use the restaurant.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Mario
"Looks fabulous from the outside........."
Let me preface this by saying every staff person I dealt with was polite and extremely nice. That being said, the rest of the stay was a huge disappointment. The ride up in the elevator was interesting since the lights telling you which floor you were arriving at did not light up. The elevator did not reach the all the way to the floor at some levels- it was like a scene out of "Kate and Leopold" which would have been fine if Hugh Jackman had been waiting in my room but alas...he was not. The room had been renovated but...the tv had no sound, the wifi was not working ( neither was the hard wired internet in the small room by the front desk), and the bed had sheets and a very heavy coverlet but no blanket- so I was either freezing or suffocating. The heat/air conditioning seemed to have one setting and one temperature so there was no way to regulate the climate of the room that way. On the plus side there is a liquor store a short walk away- disregard the entire wall of bulletproof glass and the carousel that you must place your purchase in and spin around so they can check you out.......and the small slot for you to hand over your cash or credit card...... Also the Chicken and Waffle place across the street "The Eatery" was awesome.....
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
colleen
"Okay - for overnight stay"
My husband and have been going there for the past 3 years to celebrate our anniversary as we used the hotel for our reception 11 years ago. The thing is - it doesn't look like it's been updated since! The walls are very thin as we could hear the guests next door to our room - at first I thought they were in the hallway. Also, if you like flat screen T.V.'s your are going to have to rent one of the more expensive suites as we didn't have one in our queen room. Lastly, we paid $20 for valet and they NEVER moved our car from where we pulled up!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Very good stay. The food was the best
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Emanuel Brown
"good for the price but could use some renovations"
Overall, the hotel was decent for the price that we paid. Rooms were very clean, but the ac in our room was broken, luckily we weren't staying there long. On the bright side, we didn't have to pay for valet parking upon check-out (which is mandatory for overnight stays) because the ac was broken. Staff was good, but didn't have much info on "things to do" in the area. Taking everything into account, out of 5 stars I would give this place 3.2 stars.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
SB
"A solid 4"
Everything was neat, staff was courteous and helpful, hotel had beautiful historic details. MIINOR issues, coffee pot didn't work and toilet would run for a long time. Told staff at checkout, and they immediately made maintenance reports. Only reason not a 5 is because there was nothing extravagant to note. But overall, would definitely stay here again. Wonderful hotel for us average people looking for a nice place to sleep without paying ridiculous prices.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Ash
"classic historic hotel"
I really enjoyed the architecture and Renaissance of this hotel. Classic dining room was so comfortable to dine in we found ourselves there for most meals. Staff was very enjoyable especially Kelly and Lena. Great personalities with wonderful service made for an enjoyable time. Many thanks to front desk Georgette for sending Ken the many trips to our room to help us out. Ken was always courteous and knowledgeable. Thank you again for a lovely time.
2 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
JE
"Downtown Fireworks"
I stayed at the Hotel St. Regis for the Detroit Fireworks. The location was convenient, the room was clean, staff was nice and rate was reasonable. The only complaint I would have about the St. Regis is that it reminds me of the movie The Shining! It is pretty deserted and could use a face-lift. With the proper upkeep it could be one of Detroit's best hotels!
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2014
"nice comfortable room in a convenient area."
The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel location was convenient to many areas and sites and the staff was excellent; very friendly and accomadating.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Hank
"Great Staff & wonderful hotel"
Great... We absolutely enjoyed our time at the Hotel. It was a great experience and we will return!
Other trip Aug 29, 2014