All hotels in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
3071 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI, 48202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pleasant staff - no gym facilities."
This hotel was OK. Price was good. Parking options were poor with valet being just about the only option at twenty bucks a pop. The hotel staff was exceedingly and refreshingly polite and pleasant. The hotel has a nice old world ambiance. However the biggest drawback for me was that there were no gym facilities or pool, which I did not catch when I booked. For this reason alone I would not stay there again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice close to Motown vuseum"
Restaurant is top rated. We ate only 4 days after Stevie Wonder, Smoke Robinson and Berry Gordon had dined there. Restaurant staff showed pictures as proof. Food was excellent!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Donald
"small problem."
We did have a problem. We could not get the connecting door to unlock. The front desk was alerted to our problem when we checked in. When we got back from dinner it still was not solved, and had to put the children in a different room for the babysitter. We could not wait for it to be fixed, before we had to leave for the theatre. It would have been easier for her to have the two rooms. Other than that, all was great.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"okay hotel when all others are sold out"
hotel is a run down 4 star hotel of twenty years ago. Room was very hot and dry with no room temp adjustment available. Amenities are few.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"St. Regis Detroit Hotel awesome weekend getaway"
I thought the hotel was great. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant/bar which was very fancy. Great food. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Cordilia
"Okay hotel close to downtown"
Experience was really comfortable: good water pressure and other commodities
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
sfsaf
"Average."
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was courteous. The room service dinner was very good and reasonably priced however room service never answered the phone in the morning to order breakfast which left me behind schedule. Overall this is a old but nice facility that has been well updated and taken care of and is a decent place to stay.
"Lovely hotel, great location"
We had a super-fun weekend going to the Motown Musical, walking across the bridge to our beautiful room at the St. Regis, and then going to the Motown Museum a two minute drive away the next morning. The only downside was the hotel restaurant was very understaffed--only one waiter for lots of people waiting to get their breakfast, coffee, etc.. The food was great once it arrived!
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and I had an overall great experience. The only things that I didn't care for was the TV was kind of old, and the bedding felt cheap. For $170 a night I expected the hotel to be a little nicer. Other than that, it was good.
KyleThomas
"Very bad stay."
I stayed in this hotel several times but this time was the worst, from my point of view the hotel services are descending.
AMER
"St Regis at New Center"
The Room was fine and staff is friendly and helpful; food service closes too early at night and there is no gym; neighborhood has few foods choices as well
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"St. Regis - good place to stay for money"
It was good but phone was broken and no phone available in the room. Had to call to fix.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
dolores
"Nice plac"
Great trip
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"No heat in Detroit in October"
We stayed at this hotel for three days the second week of October when the nights were in the 40's and the days in the 50's and the hotel had no heat in the rooms. When I asked about it they said the owners were not ready to turn the heat on and gave us a space heater. Later that day the front desk clerk told me that the heat was being worked on and would be turned on soon. Two days later when we left still no heat. The housekeeping was also very poor. Other than changing the towels the bathroom was not cleaned, bed not made or anything swept. The staff was pleasant and I feel were just as disturbed by not having heat as I was. This is a beautiful old hotel and the experience could have been much different!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good looking hotel that screwed everything up"
The lobby is lovely, the hotel is stately looking. But when I arrived the front desk told me that I would be checked in fro 3 nights, even though my reservation was for 4. The next day I spoke to the day manager who said he could only fix it by having us switch rooms. The desk internet was down, also. The next day, in the new room, maid service never came, even though we left the hotel by 10am. I complained in the evening. No apology, just a Maybe-you-had-the-do-not-disturb-sign-on response, as if I'm an idiot. Worst, the next day, the *same thing* happened again. No maid service. We had to wait for fresh towels.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Ok Not Luxe Hotel, No wifi"
Hotel St. Regis was nice in general. The property looks well taken care of, and is situated very close to highways, downtown Detroit and practically right next to Wayne State U. campus. Something was just a little off about the hotel. My room was clean but the details were missing from this "boutique" hotel. There's an old cathode-ray TV instead of a flat screen. The cable channels are skimpy and glitchy (some had no sound). The telephone didn't work half the time; I couldn't call down to the front desk. I'm getting tired of hotels claiming they provide wifi everywhere. The wifi was down for days. I think their router was most likely incompatible with my Galaxy S3 phone and iOS 8 iPad & iPod. I had to assign my devices static IPs to be able to connect, but the internet speed was slow, worse than dialup. I really would have stayed elsewhere had I known. The entire time it felt like only a 2-man skeleton crew was running the place. There was just one person at the reception desk; same for valet service. I think I saw the hotel restaurant chef running food to the front desk. Where is the wait staff? And housekeeping screaming down the halls to one another mornings. And valet is mandatory for guests with cars. Sigh. Currently, Detroit is in full renaissance mode and construction is everywhere. No exception nearby, but it actually wasn't an issue for my street-facing room. The New Center area is tranquil and getting safer after dusk. Daytime gets busy with office workers.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Jenny
"September in Detroit"
Generally, the hotel is a nice older hotel. Nothing really fancy. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was adequate despite a continuously leaking toilet. TV had problems and were never fixed despite daily notes on the problem. Room service was not provided on the second day even though the door marker said service was desired. Upon returning at the end of the day, I called for fresh towels. Had to call a second time, they forgot. The most bothersome issue is that the hotel Wi Fi was down and was never fixed during our stay. One desk clerk was extremely rude to another customer. They were generally friendly to us. Did not use the restaurant.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Mario
"Looks fabulous from the outside........."
Let me preface this by saying every staff person I dealt with was polite and extremely nice. That being said, the rest of the stay was a huge disappointment. The ride up in the elevator was interesting since the lights telling you which floor you were arriving at did not light up. The elevator did not reach the all the way to the floor at some levels- it was like a scene out of "Kate and Leopold" which would have been fine if Hugh Jackman had been waiting in my room but alas...he was not. The room had been renovated but...the tv had no sound, the wifi was not working ( neither was the hard wired internet in the small room by the front desk), and the bed had sheets and a very heavy coverlet but no blanket- so I was either freezing or suffocating. The heat/air conditioning seemed to have one setting and one temperature so there was no way to regulate the climate of the room that way. On the plus side there is a liquor store a short walk away- disregard the entire wall of bulletproof glass and the carousel that you must place your purchase in and spin around so they can check you out.......and the small slot for you to hand over your cash or credit card...... Also the Chicken and Waffle place across the street "The Eatery" was awesome.....
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
colleen
"Okay - for overnight stay"
My husband and have been going there for the past 3 years to celebrate our anniversary as we used the hotel for our reception 11 years ago. The thing is - it doesn't look like it's been updated since! The walls are very thin as we could hear the guests next door to our room - at first I thought they were in the hallway. Also, if you like flat screen T.V.'s your are going to have to rent one of the more expensive suites as we didn't have one in our queen room. Lastly, we paid $20 for valet and they NEVER moved our car from where we pulled up!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Very good stay. The food was the best
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Emanuel Brown
"good for the price but could use some renovations"
Overall, the hotel was decent for the price that we paid. Rooms were very clean, but the ac in our room was broken, luckily we weren't staying there long. On the bright side, we didn't have to pay for valet parking upon check-out (which is mandatory for overnight stays) because the ac was broken. Staff was good, but didn't have much info on "things to do" in the area. Taking everything into account, out of 5 stars I would give this place 3.2 stars.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
SB
"A solid 4"
Everything was neat, staff was courteous and helpful, hotel had beautiful historic details. MIINOR issues, coffee pot didn't work and toilet would run for a long time. Told staff at checkout, and they immediately made maintenance reports. Only reason not a 5 is because there was nothing extravagant to note. But overall, would definitely stay here again. Wonderful hotel for us average people looking for a nice place to sleep without paying ridiculous prices.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Ash
"classic historic hotel"
I really enjoyed the architecture and Renaissance of this hotel. Classic dining room was so comfortable to dine in we found ourselves there for most meals. Staff was very enjoyable especially Kelly and Lena. Great personalities with wonderful service made for an enjoyable time. Many thanks to front desk Georgette for sending Ken the many trips to our room to help us out. Ken was always courteous and knowledgeable. Thank you again for a lovely time.
2 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
JE
"Downtown Fireworks"
I stayed at the Hotel St. Regis for the Detroit Fireworks. The location was convenient, the room was clean, staff was nice and rate was reasonable. The only complaint I would have about the St. Regis is that it reminds me of the movie The Shining! It is pretty deserted and could use a face-lift. With the proper upkeep it could be one of Detroit's best hotels!
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2014
"nice comfortable room in a convenient area."
The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel location was convenient to many areas and sites and the staff was excellent; very friendly and accomadating.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Hank
"Great Staff & wonderful hotel"
Great... We absolutely enjoyed our time at the Hotel. It was a great experience and we will return!
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Clean, adequate accommodations. Valet parking is extra but worth it. Chicken and waffles across the street was excellent.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Comfortable"
Great location, fast elevators, excellent breakfast across the street, and the amazing Fisher Building is just two skywalks away. I'll stay at the St. Regis next time too.
4 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2014
"Great experience"
The staff and hotel are fantastic. The valet service was prompt and convenient. The room was in need of updating, but it was clean and comfortable. The area seemed fine, I felt safe, but did not walk around the neighborhood.i would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Poor Service and Poor rooms"
We asked for a roll away bed and was told that they didn't have any. When we asked for extra blankets they said they would look but didn't think they had any. Then didn't call back to let us know either way. Also we could hear everything thing in the hall making it hard to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
HOTEL WAS IN WALKING DISTANCE TO WHERE WE RELOCATED OUR DAUGHTER TO--SHE MOVED TO DETROIT.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"OK but dated and long commute to downtown entertai"
Was a good place to crash for the night but a little dated and the location was a bit inconvenient.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Ryan
"Great Value"
Valet parking is more expensive than it should be still ultra-convenient. Phones in my room were not working and TV was outdated. However overall it was good hotel experience.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Hotel was fine for overnight stay but was not in the greatest area. I did not feel comfortable walking anywhere around the hotel.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"I think they're trying"
Valet parking service (@ an additional $20/night) was not convenient at all and it took a long time to have your car brought around. Also, the valet lot was not secured. Valet staff were nice, but slow. The music from the restaurant area was loud in our room on the second floor. We indicated three adults in the room and paid an additional fee, but only had two towels every day. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"First Experience"
My first time in Detroit too. Great hotel, I'd stay there again, no problem.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Happy Camper
"very slow service in dinning room. not that good."
good location it is close to a lot of thing to do in the city
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Great option!"
A great option for Detroit. Walking distance to museums and amtrak but some of the area is still a bit underwhelming.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Harb
Nice place. Easy to get to. Plan on valet parking or cabs.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
The front got desk lady was not the nicest when we came in. I didn't like that I had to pay for valet parking When we got there. I didn't see that anywhere on the Web site. But the hotel was nice other than the out lets. They looked like they were burnt sometime?? But when checking out the lady was great. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Safe Hotel in Detroit"
OK hotel in downtown Detroit. The rooms were a bit dated but were very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The best thing about this hotel was it's location. It's about 10 mins from downtown but in a very safe area.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Nice hotel. A bit far from downtown - need to cab it in as it is too far to walk. Room was nice. Would have been nice to have breakfast included.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Mandatory vallet parking"
If you drive to this hotel, you get stuck paying 20 bucks a night for vallet parking. While they mention that vallet parking is an option on their expedia page, they don't tell you that it is your only option.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Get what you pay for"
Hotel lobby is nice but it pretty much stops at that. Room had no air conditioning, we brought it up. So they put a fan in the room. TV in the room didn't work very well. Had to keep shutting it off and turning it back on to get a picture. The air vent was leaking water into the room and looks like it has been doing that since it was built. We got scolded for eating in the lobby even though there was over 50 kids playing dice and cards being loud. Made no sense. Valet is a 1 man show, so don't be in a hurry. Besides all that, hotel was located by everything and cheap. Got what we paid for.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"staff was very nice"
Staff was amazing! Thank you Don! The hotel was run down and seemed like it was under construction. There was no hand soap and I couldn't find an electrical plug by the bed to plug my phone in.
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
joseph
We usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Southfield when we visit each year for the 4th of July holiday. This was an exception due to my Aunt's 90th birthday party was being held here. We felt like it was very nice. We especially loved the catfish and grits for breakfast. It became quite pricey being that we were accustomed to having it included. In addition, the additional cost of parking just kind of put a bad taste in our mouth. Overall, it was a great experience. Oh, need to upgrade the TV's in the room and I was disappointed there was not a gym.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Estella
No on site parking and had to pay valet charges, loud at night, stained mattress...however,, pleasant staff
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
everything was beautiful and clean
5 night trip Jul 3, 2014
It was a great hotel, the staff were friendly. We had a problem with the air condition, but with no problem move us to a different room . Great stay located close to everything. I will stay there again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Not good location"
Bad location, didn't seem to be a safe area, nothing nearby specially in the evening, if you don't have a car you're stuck
Other trip Jun 25, 2014