All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
780 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Family Weekend"
Great location, comfortable rooms, elevator wait was a little too long, Staff was great!!!!!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
ANALIZETH
"No free wifi, otherwise great"
It was all great, but no free WiFi :( That made me sad.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
Viviana
"Perfect"
This hotel was fabulous. Great location, close to BART and right in the middle of Union Square. The door man, Ramon took such good care of us. He remembered my name every morning and arranged car service for us whenever we needed it. My only complaint is that we were there on Easter weekend. They stopped serving breakfast on Easter Sunday at 10am. We walked up to the hotel restaurant at 10:07am starving and they would not serve us. I didn't mind that they were not doing a full up brunch for Easter, but they could have at least extended breakfast through to lunch. We ended up walking one block (in the rain)to Mel's Diner and had a great breakfast.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Favorite hotel"
very clean and very welcoming hotel
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"I'll be back."
Loved my stay, didn't want to leave.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Great gor family stays"
The staff here were so nice and helpful from the moment we checked in the minute we left. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We took young kids with us so they provided us with a fridge which made it nice come snack and breakfast time. We enjoyed the pool and upper view deck as well.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Correne
"Trip for fun."
Marriott Marquis is the perfect hotel to stay in downtown san francisco. It is close to plenty of restaurants, shops, and public transportation. The hotel is clean, staff is very friendly. We were able to check in early and check out late. The bell hop, William was very accommodating upon checking out, held our bags for us, helped us get transportation to the airport. The sky lounge is beautiful with amazing views-great for a before/after dinner drink, nice gym and spa. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the Marriott Marquis.
5 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
Olivia
"Safe, clean, well managed"
Excellent, I would recommend and stay here again. I felt very safe. I noticed a lot of woman stayed there and I asked a few why they chose this hotel. They felt the same way I did, safe, clean, well managed hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Marcea
"Comfortable business stay!"
Great location in Union Square. Can't beat it. Clean, great staff. Very busy location though!
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Priest
"Good value compared to others in the area"
Hotel is an easy walk from the Powell St. BART station, even with a bag in tow. We stayed there the night before a Giants game. About a 20-25 minute walk to the park. Easy to leave our bags with the bellhop and pick them up after the game in route back to BART. It offered a really good value for the quality of the hotel compared to others in the area. We walked to dinner in North Beach, also about a 20-25 minute walk, but mostly flat and kind of fun to walk through China town on the way!
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
"nicely located"
Great location near trolley and cable cars. Also shops all over this spot.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent Choice for South of Market"
With construction in SF, it's a bit tricky to find the entrance to the Marriott motor entrance and my wake-up call never came through. But the hotel is in great shape, the staff were terrific and the customer service people gave me a small credit to apologize for the missing wake-up call (even though their computer logs showed the call had been answered -- which it hadn't). An excellent choice for South of Market.
1 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2015
Philip
"Location, location, location"
Great hotel in an ideal location. It's easy to get to any part of San Francisco from this Marriott, and there is a lot to do within walking distance. The hotel is well maintained, has attractive rooms, and is well sound-proofed. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious, modern, and immaculate. The staff are very courteous and helpful.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2015
"It's alright"
Best location for shopping and restaurants but dirty and intimidating neighborhood.
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
Jose
"Bachlorette weekend"
Awesome!!! Only part i didnt like was our bell hop guy was keeping things casual and using language that was not professional. Other than that really amazing!
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
"Lovely Stay By The Bay"
The service at this hotel is stellar. Every person was so genuinely friendly. We have stayed there multiple times and it is always a pleasure. Rooms are very comfortable and clean and quiet, including the rugs. The view from the lounge is not to be missed.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
SUSAN
"number one hotel in San Francisco"
it was me and my wife's wedding night it was perfect. they upgrade our room for free to a beautiful sweet. It just took our breath away to the staff to the pool everything was perfect. I would definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very nice, but the extras make it expensive"
This is a beautiful hotel with very nice rooms. I have no issue with the facility. I even accept the $65 for daily valet parking. It is very expensive, but there is a $35 daily garage across the street. But charging $15 a day for internet service is just plain greedy. In this age, internet service should be basic service, included in the hotel rate. I found this to be offensive.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Lance
"Outstanding Property, don' hesitate to book a room"
Traveled to San Francisco as a quick much needed weekend getaway with my wife and 6 year old daughter. I initially was a bit skeptical because this property is a convention/business hotel however my skepticism was turned to elation. I discovered the property is very "kid friendly" and even more pleased to find it is located within a few steps from a top notch child museum, several fine dining establishments and many middle of the road eateries. My daughter never had the opportunity to get "bored" (parents of 6 year old girls are very familiar with that statement) because there are many options and activities to immerse them in. in closing my wife and i have decided that this will be our "hotel of choice" in the future and we are actually planning our next stay. Great location, fantastic service, comfortable room.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Todd
"Great location and a very nice property."
Five days visiting friends and family. Hotel location is very good just south of market. Hotel is slightly dated, however is well maintained. Common areas are pleasant, rooms are fine. Bath is fine, and a decent size for San Francisco, where many of the older vintage hotels have tiny baths. Modern heat and air conditioning is nice, again compared with the very poor systems found in many vintage properties. Love the location behind the Nordstrom Mall, near the Powell Street BART station, Union Square, Cable Car terminus, and most of what the average tourist or business travler would want to be near. Huge plus is the south of Market "flat land" location. No trudging up a hill to get to the hotel, which is a big deal in this very "vertical" city. Very pleasant, nice beds and linens, friendly service. Could have used more help at the registration desk as the wait was long to check in, so this can be an issue in this very large hotel.
4 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2015
JAMES
"Excellent bar staff!!"
It's to bad that just because You book through an online site IT means that You usually get one of the less attractive rooms/floors. We usually stay at the Westin hotels and wanted to try something else. think good PR!
"Perfect location!"
Perfect location to see the city! Family friendly. Service was excellent! Clean rooms & comfortable beds!
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Great location for a weekend getaway!"
Great location in Union Square and the staff is very attentive, would stay again!
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Its kind scary. Around. The hotel at night."
Well. Good i think !!!
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
andres
"Our Get Together with our German family!"
A very nice hotel and great location!
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Great customer service, Great location."
Family visited for a quick 2 night stay. from the moment we walked in, we received great customer service. When I booked online, it noted that there was a charge for Wi-Fi and I was disappointed in that, but when we actually got to the hotel, there was no charge. not sure if the website just needs to be updated or what. They had a computer area set for us to print our return boarding passes and when it started to rain they had umbrellas for us!! I would recommend this hotel for sure..
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Christina
"SF Marriott Marquis"
The hotel has a great location, Central to Soma, financial district and a 15 minute walk to AT&T park. Lots of great restaurants nearby. Parking is outrageously priced. Customer service is outstanding at this hotel, which is large and very busy,
"Marriott Marques"
(+) location Lobby (-)bad housecleaning Expensive. ( be aware to pay extra $25 / night) Parking are $65/ night
Response by San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Dear Serag, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. So glad you enjoyed our central location and public areas. However, we sorry you felt the hotel was up to usual standards. We strive to provide all guests with excellent service, so we apologize we did not live up to expectations. We understand that value is very important to our guests, and we are constantly conducting price comparisons to ensure we are competitively priced within our category and market. We do hope you’ll give us another try in the future. Kind regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Serag
"nickel and dime city"
The hotel is decent and I think I paid 177 via Hotels.com for my visit. My problem is, they are charging 68$ a night for parking (which is way over the going rate in the area) and, they are charging another 20 to use there luggage carts. I was embarrased for my family and just felt that it was too much. I'd also like to point out that we had a floor 26 room with a great view, ..but, we couldnt see the view because the windows were so full of water spots and dirt that it made it impossible. I was disappointed...it was also another 15$ a day for wifi....sigh
Response by San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Dear Joseph, Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments concerning your recent experience at our hotel. We would like to apologize for the various items you have brought to light. We understand that value is very important to our guests, and we are constantly conducting valet price comparisons to ensure we are competitively priced within our category and market. While we do charge a nominal fee for wifi, it is free to join our Marriott Rewards program, which entitles you too many perks, including complimentary wifi. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to work on correcting and moving forward. The next time your travels bring you to San Francisco we would like to regain your trust and exceed your expectations. Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Overnight in the city"
Centrally located, close to shopping, restaurants and Union Square.
Debbie
"parking nightmare"
Hotel and location were fine--just what we expected. However, for over $60 per night for parking, the garage service was awful. When we returned to the hotel saturday evening, we waited in a line on the street for 30 minutes--we were late for our dinner reservation nearby that we had to run to. Most of the traffic line-up was for people attending an event at the hotel, many of them were cutting in at the last second, with no control by the garage attendants. This should have been anticipated and the garage staffed accordingly--or perhaps guests who are paying the outrageous parking fee should get special service. We've stayed at many hotels in this area and have never run into this problem. Won't be back.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Paula R
Great stay, great staff. Frond desk folks could be more accommodating, all house cleaning folks we walked by asked "how was our stay so far, do you need anything?"
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Another trip to SF"
It was great. My room was very spacious and i loved how close i was to the shopping!
4 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Janell
"Fun in the City"
Had a great time staying in this hotel. It was a large clean and comfortable room on the 18th floor. Good location in the city within walking distance of a number of nice restaurants and destinations.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
+'s good location, clean room, nice staff, easy check in -'s short on amenities - pay for internet in bus center, no coffee maker, expensive and inconvenient parking
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
gary
"My wife's birthday vacation"
We had a great time! The hotel staff was excellent. We were promptly helped with what we need no questions asked. The room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. We had drinks at the bar of floor 39 and had a great time. The food was also very good with no issues. It was close to shops and restaurants. We'll back back on our next vacation.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Mando
"Nice hotel within walking distance to Union Square"
Great stay in SF. Centrally located to all Union Square activities.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Roc
"Nice overnight stay"
Three of us stayed overnight for the Rock n Roll half marathon. Quick and pleasant check in and we scored with a very quiet 9th floor room that faced a small inner courtyard with view of the MOMA. Very comfortable bed, but I slept on the sofa bed, which was very springy and too soft (that's why I gave 4 stars vs 5 for room comfort). We paid $80 each, a great deal for a nice hotel in SF. Very friendly staff. I would stay here again.
triplet mommy
"Long weekend getaway"
The staff was very helpful and booked a great recommendation for dinner. Great location within easy walking distance to food, shopping and sites. Nice bar on the 39th floor.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"People at concierge desk extremely helpful"
Check in very slow so I was worried, but was room was excellent, clean, comfortable and quiet, and large enough to do my daily yoga. The staff at Concierge Desk get A+++ for excellent advice given cheerfully.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
K
"It was a good hotel, nothing amazing tho"
It was a good hotel, nothing spectacular, nothing awful. The View bar was AMAZING for the view, drinks weren't good tho & the waitstaff was unfriendly.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Katy
"Girls getaway"
Great hotel, right next to BART and union square. The service was great and the concerige was quite helpful. It was just an overnight stay, but we felt refreshed after a weekend away. It would've been nice to have free wifi but other than that, no complaints.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"ok"
The valet service is over price. The valet driver left an soda cup in my car.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Dear marvelous, Thank you for your review; as this assists us in further improving our services and our guest’s experience. Please accept our apology. We'll be sure to review our policies and procedures with our valet team, so this sort of situation does not occur in the future. We do hope to have an opportunity to better experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Francisco. Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
marvelous
"Decent stay"
Room service for food takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour on average.
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Ankur
"Excellent Hotel"
This is an excellent hotel with great location. Room was very clean and comfortable. One big convenience was that Target store was right across the street.
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Shirley
"Beautiful Views"
We Arrived in the city early (9am) I was not expecting for a room to be ready for us. Especially on a Friday! However there was a room ready for us and we were promptly checked in!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"Expensive and dated"
I had 6 rooms for my staff and I for GDC. We have stayed at better for less. I wont be housing my staff there in the future.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Dear Jim, Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent conference in San Francisco. We appreciate your comments and pleased to learn our central location worked perfectly. However, we regret our decor was not to your liking. We understand that value is very important to our guests, and we have a team constantly conducting price comparisons to ensure we are competitively priced within our category and market. While we understand your reluctance, we do hope that you will give us an opportunity to reaffirm your faith in our hotel the next time your travels bring you back to San Francisco. Best regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Only drawback is parking as it was very expensive.
"Thumbs Up"
Overall, it has been a positive experience staying with this hotel. Staffs from housekeeping to front desk are awesome!
3 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nice place and great location"
Everything was great except when we checked in the lady was kind of rude
gilda