All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
780 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Marriott Marquis 5/29-6/1/15"
Good location, friendly and helpful staff, quiet room.
3 night trip May 29, 2015
Leslie
"Busy Marriott"
We usually stay in smaller hotels, and this visit reminded us why. The hotel lobby was crowded and noisy at all times. The hotel staff were great, but the parking valet folks were totally overwhelmed by the volume. We didn't expect to wait in a long line of cars to get in or 20 minutes to get out with parking priced so high. Our room was great and the elevators great, but we prefer something a little quieter.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Business and pleasure"
Very relaxing when the church bells weren't ringing.m
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Great stay at the Marquis"
Was sticking around through the weekend after a conference that took up most of my week. Room was wonderfully comfy, quiet, and the curtains pulled made it midnight all day long -- perfect for sleeping in. If you like a good shower, you won't be disappointed. Staff was fantastic throughout the stay. The neighborhood is fine, but out-of-towners who aren't familiar should know there are many homeless down there. Centrally located, it's a great walking distance to Union Square. Chinatown/Little Italy is a bit of an uphill hike, but a Lyft ride is about $11.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Nate
"SF Giants fans"
Had a great time. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. For those going to a Giants game, hotel is easily in walking distance. Parking was a little pricy, but I always expect to pay in SF.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Not a bad place to stay"
A nice place to stay- The front desk staff was helpful and professional. The hotel room was clean with the exception of some mildew on the ceiling of the shower and a ton of dust in the fan vent. The lobby was very crowded, loud and disorganized. Security fails to control the pan-handlers that sneak in and ask handouts as well as non-guests that can move about the hallways outside rooms freely.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
KATHLEEN
"View lounge is worth every penny"
Room was a little small but great bar at the view lounge
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Marc
"Wonderful hotel"
Loved it.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Clean and simple accommodations"
Clean, simple accommodations. Came for business. A little outdated, but perfectly fine for a few nights.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Sofia
"Great Value for Money"
This was by far the best hotel I stayed at during my trip to the West Coast. Staff were polite and courteous, the view from my room was breathtaking. Room was very comfortable and spacious, very tastefully designed. Be sure to visit the lounge for desserts at night because the cookies are delicious. Exploring the hotel is worth it too. Would recommend and stay here again.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
"No room service after 10??"
Amazed that there was no room service after 10 pm. Arrived late and could get no food. Was told that I could order Pizza from outside and it would be delivered. I don't believe I have ever stayed in a multi star hotel that did not have food available for late arrivals.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Near At&t Park :)"
Very Nice Hotel, close to Union Square, and only a 20 minute walk to At&t Park. Would definitely stay again :)
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Good hotel"
Beautiful hotel. Especially the rooftop lounge. It's also in very close proximity to any food places, china town, and the union square. I would definitely stay there again.
5 night business trip May 2, 2015
"Deceptive parking"
Overall, the hotel was pretty good except the parking practice there was sort of deceptive. You assume that the $62 parking fee would be added to the bill...but it wasn't. The hotel personnel directed guests to a garage one block away at the 5th and Mission Parking. I don't know if this is the cheapest but we were not given a choice. The parking was adequate and we paid just $34 for our stay because we did not park there for a full 24 hours. If I had known that it was not an automatic flat $62 charge, I would have look elsewhere or moved my car out sooner.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Your next stay in SF."
Awesome view. Everyone was so nice from Valet to checkout. They even recommended a couple vegan restaurants. Hospitality at its best.
3 night business trip May 7, 2015
Travis
"Terrible front desk help late pm"
Came to hotel on surprise visit dor my girlfriend. Excellent service upon check in. Terrible in late pm. Youd think a front desk attendant could order you food from a local pizza joint. Room service was unavailable.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
randy
"Go elsewhere"
No room service, just take-out from the bar downstairs, horrible service. Go elsewhere.
1 night business trip May 10, 2015
Raphael
"If you can stay here, STAY HERE!"
Fantastic stay! Was given a fantastic room on the top floor with INCREDIBLE views! Everyone was incredibly courteous and accommodating. I have already begun making plans to return soon with my wife.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Rodrigo
"Location-Location-Location"
Great hotel in the heart of everything
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Dale
"Great view"
Loved the view bar! Lots of places within walking distance.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"mariott"
Clean modern hotel. Would stay again.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Family Weekend"
Great location, comfortable rooms, elevator wait was a little too long, Staff was great!!!!!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
ANALIZETH
"No free wifi, otherwise great"
It was all great, but no free WiFi :( That made me sad.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
Viviana
"Perfect"
This hotel was fabulous. Great location, close to BART and right in the middle of Union Square. The door man, Ramon took such good care of us. He remembered my name every morning and arranged car service for us whenever we needed it. My only complaint is that we were there on Easter weekend. They stopped serving breakfast on Easter Sunday at 10am. We walked up to the hotel restaurant at 10:07am starving and they would not serve us. I didn't mind that they were not doing a full up brunch for Easter, but they could have at least extended breakfast through to lunch. We ended up walking one block (in the rain)to Mel's Diner and had a great breakfast.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Favorite hotel"
very clean and very welcoming hotel
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"I'll be back."
Loved my stay, didn't want to leave.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Great gor family stays"
The staff here were so nice and helpful from the moment we checked in the minute we left. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We took young kids with us so they provided us with a fridge which made it nice come snack and breakfast time. We enjoyed the pool and upper view deck as well.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Correne
"Trip for fun."
Marriott Marquis is the perfect hotel to stay in downtown san francisco. It is close to plenty of restaurants, shops, and public transportation. The hotel is clean, staff is very friendly. We were able to check in early and check out late. The bell hop, William was very accommodating upon checking out, held our bags for us, helped us get transportation to the airport. The sky lounge is beautiful with amazing views-great for a before/after dinner drink, nice gym and spa. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the Marriott Marquis.
5 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
Olivia
"Safe, clean, well managed"
Excellent, I would recommend and stay here again. I felt very safe. I noticed a lot of woman stayed there and I asked a few why they chose this hotel. They felt the same way I did, safe, clean, well managed hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Marcea
"Comfortable business stay!"
Great location in Union Square. Can't beat it. Clean, great staff. Very busy location though!
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Priest
"Great location and views"
Close to shopping, restaurants and BART. Only problem were the guest that were smoking outside the lobby and just being rude.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Kalei
"Very Nice Hotel"
We were in town for a college visit and stayed based on a recommendation. It was a wonderful hotel and would recommend it and would probably stay here again in the future. The only negative was that the night we were leaving and waiting for the shuttle to the airport there were many high school students checking in and being very loud and rambunctious. It was their Prom. It was very annoying to those guests who were just trying to relax before leaving the city. I am very surprised that the hotel allowed these young people to rent rooms. The lobby bathroom was so overrun with girls trying to fix everything before they took off to the prom venue that I could not even use the bathroom with out waiting a very long time since there are only a few stalls. I had already checked out and gave up my room key so I ended going across the street to use the bathroom in Target. That is the only negative thing. The rest of our 3 day stay was excellent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
S.J.
"Good value compared to others in the area"
Hotel is an easy walk from the Powell St. BART station, even with a bag in tow. We stayed there the night before a Giants game. About a 20-25 minute walk to the park. Easy to leave our bags with the bellhop and pick them up after the game in route back to BART. It offered a really good value for the quality of the hotel compared to others in the area. We walked to dinner in North Beach, also about a 20-25 minute walk, but mostly flat and kind of fun to walk through China town on the way!
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
Very nice hotel. Right in the middle of everything. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice Hotel downtown"
Great staff. Nice hotel. Downtown shopping right around the corner. Don't know why you would have to pay $14.95 a day for internet. Most hotels it's included in the room.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Dear Steve, We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us as well as your interaction with our hosts. While we do charge a nominal fee for in-room Wi-Fi it is free to join our Marriott Rewards program. Marriott Rewards members who book directly on Marriott.com, Marriott’s mobile app, our 800 number, or through a Marriott hotel enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, (public spaces and in room). We thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon. Warm regards from the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Team
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
steven
"nicely located"
Great location near trolley and cable cars. Also shops all over this spot.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent Choice for South of Market"
With construction in SF, it's a bit tricky to find the entrance to the Marriott motor entrance and my wake-up call never came through. But the hotel is in great shape, the staff were terrific and the customer service people gave me a small credit to apologize for the missing wake-up call (even though their computer logs showed the call had been answered -- which it hadn't). An excellent choice for South of Market.
1 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2015
Philip
"Location, location, location"
Great hotel in an ideal location. It's easy to get to any part of San Francisco from this Marriott, and there is a lot to do within walking distance. The hotel is well maintained, has attractive rooms, and is well sound-proofed. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious, modern, and immaculate. The staff are very courteous and helpful.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2015
"It's alright"
Best location for shopping and restaurants but dirty and intimidating neighborhood.
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
Jose
"Bachlorette weekend"
Awesome!!! Only part i didnt like was our bell hop guy was keeping things casual and using language that was not professional. Other than that really amazing!
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
"Lovely Stay By The Bay"
The service at this hotel is stellar. Every person was so genuinely friendly. We have stayed there multiple times and it is always a pleasure. Rooms are very comfortable and clean and quiet, including the rugs. The view from the lounge is not to be missed.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
SUSAN
"number one hotel in San Francisco"
it was me and my wife's wedding night it was perfect. they upgrade our room for free to a beautiful sweet. It just took our breath away to the staff to the pool everything was perfect. I would definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very nice, but the extras make it expensive"
This is a beautiful hotel with very nice rooms. I have no issue with the facility. I even accept the $65 for daily valet parking. It is very expensive, but there is a $35 daily garage across the street. But charging $15 a day for internet service is just plain greedy. In this age, internet service should be basic service, included in the hotel rate. I found this to be offensive.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Lance
Too busy trafic and noisy at lobby. May be it was Friday afternoon?
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Toshiko
"Outstanding Property, don' hesitate to book a room"
Traveled to San Francisco as a quick much needed weekend getaway with my wife and 6 year old daughter. I initially was a bit skeptical because this property is a convention/business hotel however my skepticism was turned to elation. I discovered the property is very "kid friendly" and even more pleased to find it is located within a few steps from a top notch child museum, several fine dining establishments and many middle of the road eateries. My daughter never had the opportunity to get "bored" (parents of 6 year old girls are very familiar with that statement) because there are many options and activities to immerse them in. in closing my wife and i have decided that this will be our "hotel of choice" in the future and we are actually planning our next stay. Great location, fantastic service, comfortable room.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Todd
"Nice hotel in a great location"
We had a very pleasant experience during the three days that we stayed.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Very nice hotel and Close to everything! Bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. It was great having a Starbucks in the hotel.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great location and a very nice property."
Five days visiting friends and family. Hotel location is very good just south of market. Hotel is slightly dated, however is well maintained. Common areas are pleasant, rooms are fine. Bath is fine, and a decent size for San Francisco, where many of the older vintage hotels have tiny baths. Modern heat and air conditioning is nice, again compared with the very poor systems found in many vintage properties. Love the location behind the Nordstrom Mall, near the Powell Street BART station, Union Square, Cable Car terminus, and most of what the average tourist or business travler would want to be near. Huge plus is the south of Market "flat land" location. No trudging up a hill to get to the hotel, which is a big deal in this very "vertical" city. Very pleasant, nice beds and linens, friendly service. Could have used more help at the registration desk as the wait was long to check in, so this can be an issue in this very large hotel.
4 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2015
JAMES
The hotel is near Market st. if you like shopping. Also near to the Powell station, where you can take a ride on the cable cars.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Alexis
"Fine hotel,convenient location"
Nice, clean room, prime location in the center of SF
Other trip Apr 11, 2015