All hotels in Madrid, Spain

Stayed here my last night of my trip due to its comfort and proximity to the train station. Did not disappoint, and I especially liked that there was a jacuzzi in the room.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Spacious quarters with excellent bathroom"
Had two rooms and both were quite nice. Room is large with good bed and very big bathroom. Windows have shutters on them which allows for complete darkness if you like. Quite and in a convenient location.
3 night trip Jul 1, 2014
José
"Great hotel."
Very clean, excellent staff. Easy to communicate with them. Close to so much in Madrid.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great Hotel close to major museums and attractions"
Stayed at this hotel before but under a different name some years ago but again it served its purpose. Everything was great!!
V and J
"Good for the price"
My wife and I stayed here a few nights on the first leg of our honeymoon. Good price for the room. If you're a park person, you won't do better than Buen Retiro right next door. If you're more about the cafe/restaurant/nightlife scene, then it might be better to be north/northwest of the park, but overall we had pretty good access to all of that. I didn't like the key-lock safe versus coded lock, since it's just more stuff to carry. Wifi only in the lobby was annoying, but it worked well at least. Two big cons: the double beds are two twins pushed together, which is really annoying. Also, the room was loud due to street traffic. Cafe Delicias gets noisy pretty early in the morning. We faced the street and were on a lower floor - try avoid both of those. Morning breakfast was ridiculously overpriced; you could do better at nearby restaurants. Overall - we were really happy with the price and got what we needed for our time in Madrid. But if you want something more romantic or centered in a more trendy area, I'd look elsewhere.
2 night trip May 14, 2014
"Nice location but the room very basic"
The Hotel is well located to visit the Museums zone and the Atoya terminal. The room is very basic but I dont understand why they use a glass slide door for the bathroom. Also when we arrive only one person making the check in and there are 16 persons waiting for attention.
Response by AC Hotel Carlton Madrid by Marriott
Dear guest, First of all we would like to thank for your comments, they will help us to improve in the future. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. When the hotel was renovated and redecorated they changed the door to glass doors, they are not transparent, and they are used to give more lightning to the bathroom. We apologize for the inconveniences caused during your check-in, if you contact with us and tell us the day and the hour, we could analyse the problem, maybe the other person was doing another labor. We appreciate your comments. We hope to see you in your next visit to Madrid. Thank you and kind regards,
Other trip May 31, 2014
It was great! The room was noisy, as while I was trying to get to sleep, I could hear the occupants in the next room's conversation while they were bathing.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
"best front desk personnel"
front desk personnel - the best during my stay in spain. very helpful & friendly. the room was small as expected but clean. my only dislike was location. i was travelling by myself and found the hotel a bit distant to mass transportation and attractions - my bad.
5 night trip Apr 11, 2014
L ARROYO
"Reasonably priced and neat room"
Location is probably not the best for sightseeing but close to Atocha station and one of Metro station. So, it was convenient enough. Hotel room is very clean and comfortable. Considering price, the hotel is very well balanced.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"excellent value"
comfortable and good service but not somewhere you would go if wanted to get a bit of Spanish atmosphere. It is very stylish but modern.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Very clean and convenient with great location
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Manuel
"Location near Attocha Train Station"
Walking distance to Attocha, where I left from in the morning. Not much else around there. Wifi not included with room.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"comfortable stay"
A peadeful and pleasant hotel; very modern, so not too much atmosphwere but highly worthwhile. Near park and station.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great front desk staff but noisy hotel."
Very modern clean hotel but for some reason it is really noisy. You can hear people running water and coming in and out of rooms. Front desk staff was terrific and extremely helpful. Breakfast was good. Not a bad neighborhood. Five minutes from Retiro Park and ten minutes from the Prado. Nice size rooms and bathrooms. No free internet except in public areas. You will need to pay for internet. No coffee in the rooms.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
AllysonB
"Excellent hotel at excellent location"
Excellent hotel with good room size. Clean and decorated with contemporary art. Very good and helpful staff. Located conveniently walking distance from Achote Train Station and the city center. Good breakfast. Very good deal for the price. Would recommend it any time.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Shahid Rafique
"Almost perfect"
Wonderful, helpful & attentive service. Beautiful hotel, conveniently located within walking distance close to everywhere we needed to go. The room was spacious and nicely appointed, with a well-stocked mini bar full of a variety of refreshments. The bathroom was separated from the room by a large foyer and modern frosted glass doors, complete with nice toiletries. The only downside was the hard, very uncomfortable bed. It really felt like we were sleeping on a rock.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Laura L.
"Excellent service by Concierge"
We will definitely return to this hotel. During our stay from Apr 16-18, 2014, we were helped by a very efficient, cheerful and warm front desk officer. She made sure that we were quickly checked in, our family needs were met and she gave very good recommendations for sights and restaurants. The front desk officer is a gem of this hotel.
2 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"A pokey hotel"
Dont be fooled by the word Marriot. This hotel is very average and not worth the ranking it has. The gym is miniscule and uninviting. The room is average nothing more. I wouldnt stay here again.
Response by AC Hotel Carlton Madrid by Marriott
Dear guest, First of all we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that could be caused during your stay in our hotel. We are a nice hotel with a really high quality and good value, . We are a Marriott hotel with all its guarantees . We have a lot of different rooms with different types. We would like to thank you for your comments, they will help us to improve. Thank you and best regards
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
russell
"Really noisy and so so neighborhood"
I stay in Madrid frequently but this is my first...and last stay at this hotel. The room was nice enough but I could hear eveything from my neighbors. It sounded like their TV was in my room! Also the neighborhood is not nearly as attractive as on the other side of Atocha along Paseo del Prado where I have stayed before.
Response by AC Hotel Carlton Madrid by Marriott
Dear guest, First of all we would like to thank you for your comments, they will help us to improve in the future. We apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. If you would have told our front department staff, we would have offered you a change to another room more quiet, or we would have talked to your neighbor . We are really sorr for the inconveniences caused. Our neighborhood is a typical neighborhood in Madrid, safe and nice, much commercial than Paseo del Prado which is much more touristic. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you visit us next time you came to Madrid, and give us the opportunity to give you a nicer experience. Best regards
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
John M
"駅近の一流ホテル。"
アトーチャ駅地上出口より3ブロックの場所にあるビジネスクラスのホテル。 部屋の設備はほぼ揃っており、お湯の出も問題ない。 隣室の音が気になる。朝食が高い。WiFiがロビーでしか繋がらない。
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Kita
Very clean hotel, friendly, helpful staff, with convenient parking.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Glenn
"Great service"
Staff was very helpful and always pleasant. Went out of their way to help us find restaurants, etc .
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
jeanet
"Close to train station many attractions"
Pleasant staff and helpful.
Response by AC Hotel Carlton Madrid by Marriott
Dear guest, We would like to thank you for your comments. Our objective is to satisfy our guests. We hope to see you in your next visit to Madrid. We will keep working in giving a nice treatment to all our guests. Thank you and best regards José Alfonso García
1 night trip Mar 4, 2014
"Modern, clean, and close to Atocha"
I've stayed at the Carlton every time I've been to Madrid in the past five years. It's been renovated in that time, but has remained friendly and economical, and is very convenient to the Atocha train station.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"This hotel location is so good."
I arrived MAD airport in the midnight and next morning I had to get on AVE train. Front staff was nice and my room was very comfortable so could sleep very well. The way to the Atocha station was short and the cost was cheap so everything was good.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Muffin
"Highly Recommended"
The hotel apparently had a recent upgrade because the furniture in the room and the fixtures in the bathroom were very modern and in very good shape. The restaurant food was very good and the mini-bar prices were not outrageous. I chose this hotel because it was within walking distance of the Atocha train station.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013
Tracy Wilson
"Nice Modern Hotel"
Beautilful hotel, great location, beautiful rooms. Great Buffet breakfast, nice amenities. The only "minus" : free wifi only in the lounge.Close to Public transportation and museums.The personnel was very helpful.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"1st Trip to Spain"
Attractive, upscale hotel but unfortunately located on a very busy thoroughfare. We were located on the front side on the 4th floor and the crosswalk light would flash on the ceiling - also noisy from the traffic.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
Bob & Sharon
"Nice stay, but there are better options"
This is the first of several AC hotels I stayed while I visited Spain -- wow, what a beautiful and modern decor. My room was a studio with modern but warm decor with a sliding dojo-style door to separate the room from the bathroom and hallway, I found the room very comfortable. I chose this hotel in its proximity to the train station nearby. A couple things to note. I did appreciate that the front desk offered to print my online train ticket for me for free provided I email the PDF. The only downside with this and other AC hotels that there was no free wifi in the rooms (as of mid-Sept 2013), only in the lobby / lounge areas. This was really disappointing as all other European hotels I stayed offered this wifi in the room free of charge. It was a little bit of a hike from the train station, as I went out the main entrance near the main traffic circle instead of a side entrance, so it turned out to be a bit of a hike with a 20kg bag. Overall, a nice one-night stay, but on my return to Madrid Atocha, I chose to stay at another area hotel with free wifi.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Emily
"Great little hotel in the middle of everything"
great hotel, helpful staff, excellent location (2 blocks from Atocha Train Station). Rooms range from great to unbelievably great.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Gennady
"convenient to trains and metro"
Great staff and convenient location
4 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2013
Gary K
"clean and modern but noisey"
We waited a long time to check in as the group in front of us was arguing about mini bar charges. Manager was standing up front but did not assist front desk person or help us. Overall disappointing when you are tired from a long day of travel. Rooms were nice and modern but noisey. Nice location to train station.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Emily
"close to train station and museums"
Very nice room, staff at front desk was great. Lobby was relaxing and had WIFI access. Location is excellent if you go or arrive from the Atocha train station.
5 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Business hotel"
Lovely shower but not much else to recommend it. Matrons cigarette smell in the hallway. No wifi in the rooms.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Great Option"
Have stayed there three times and always get same reliable, comfortable acomodation and particularly nice hotel staff. Well situated and convinient. Other than small elevators all else is excellent.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Very good hotel, close to Museums, Train Station"
Very good hotel, clean, nice breakfast. Only problem is elevator is too small, but no big deal.
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2013
Eduardo
"Nice Hotel, near from almost all the museums"
I feel good on this hotel, it was clean, with facilities of transportation
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"great location"
we liked the convenient location near the train station and all the Museums. The breakfast was the best experienced during our trip
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
P and E
"Close to train station, El Prado Museum and others"
Very pleased.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Excellent staff"
It is my second stay at this hotel, both times for about 10 days. The staff is excellent-friendly, professional, helpful. Two years later, I was met with the same nice employees, which I consider a testament to the hotel because of retention of staff. The hotel is clean, comfortable, safe, close to transportation (bus, metro, train), dining, and museums. Families, business people, single travelers and couples all seemed very happy during their stays. The dining room has a delicious buffet breakfast.
10 night family trip Jul 2, 2013
Michele
"Hotel Carlton in Madrid"
Everything was great except he TV was too soft to hear and we asked them several times to come up and fix it. they finally did, the next day. Otherwise, the hotel was very nice, the wifi worked very well in the lobby. If you wanted it for your room, you have to pay 18 Euros a day for that. Kind of ridiculous fee if you ask me. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a nice size, also.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Diane B.
The room was very small and the bed was uncomfortable. The surrounding area was loud and dirty. the roomwas not clean at all. there was somehting sticky on the floor in front of the refrig. They only provided one towel. I would not stay there again
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
Corinne
Was good but far from down town , was clean and was close to train station
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Al
"The right place to stay"
I really enjoyed my stay there the area was fantastic. Many places to eat. It was close to the train and bus station. And many other interesting sites. A must stay on my return visit. The staff was great and spoke good English for directions around the city.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2013
Ray
"very convenient location"
we were pleased to stay here - the only thing that s missing is he pool :) besides that - is it a good location, close to a big bus/train station, and museo del Prado etc..
1 night family trip May 31, 2013
We stayed here for our first two nights in Madrid...it set the tone for a very friendly impression. We upgraded our room from standard to superior to be able to check in early...very nice. Walkable to the sights.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
Patti C.
"Hotel near train station"
It was a nice hotel but small. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel has lots of restaurants and places to shop in walking distance as well as the high speed rail train station only about 2 blocks away.
Other trip May 24, 2013
LT
"" Good location, comfort, good breakfast.""
The Hotel was perfect for us. Everything we wanted to see in Madrid was in walking distance. Good looking modern, comfortable room. The breakfast buffet was all one could want. Special praise for the dining room manager who opened the room a little earlier for quests who were not aware of the holiday that placed it on a Saturday schedule. All the staff were helpful and friendly. One problem--and this should deter no one from choosing AC Carlton--skimpy bathroom supplies including a golf ball size piece of soap. (Bring your own tissues, especially in hay fever season.)
Other trip May 21, 2013
Bob and Barbara
"Nice hotel close to the train station."
Nice hotel close to the train station, just walk only 2 minute to train station.
Other trip May 4, 2013
"Excellent choice for traveling via train station"
Great hotel. We used the airporter bus to go from the airport to the train station, then a short, easy 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 AM and they let us into our room.Took a nap, then explored Madrid. The beds are a firmer mattress on an elevated platform, but not uncomfortable. Room was clean, quiet (6th floor) and the bath was huge. Watch out, however, where you aim the shower head as the shower door is only a "half door" of glass and you can easily soak the floor outside the shower.Toiletries were included along with a hair dryer that worked just fine for my long hair. There are 3 ATMs for various banks adjacent to the hotel (across a side street), and metro stations both at the train station and one even more convenient only a 2-block walk south of the hotel. There are also lots of small markets and bodegas to buy some snacks or bottled waters (very inexpensive at these markets). The breakfast buffet was excellent. Eggs and various types of ham/bacon, fruit, pastries, coffee, tea and fresh squeezed jiuces. Worth paying a little more for the breakfast included when you book your room ahead. Also, unlike some reviewers, we found the staff very pleasant, although there can be a long trying to check out if you are arriving around 10 AM (as we did) and the staff can be a little harried. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2013