All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3120 8th St South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"fern hotel"
Rooms very clean comfortable bed very pleasant staff definitely would stay again
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"not cool"
Was horrible. Only stayed a day of my 2 that were reserved. Vending machine sodas were expired. Pool was broken. Room was not very clean. It seemed we were the only ones there. We ended up with an extra kid for the night and instead of giving us a cot they wanted us to rent a second room. Told them we wouldnt rent another room for the kids as young as they were. Said we would just have to leave. They said they would refund our money but haven't seen a credit yet. And I would never rent a spare room for kids under 10...u nuts!!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Probably OK in summer"
Friendly staff. Basic motel 'breakfast'. Comfy mattress. In below zero degree nights, there was not enough heat. Wifi was OK. Fridge worked. Microwave did not. Slightly decrepit but fine for short visit to the area.
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Douglass
"Not much quality here"
I've stayed in Quality Inns before and they're usually pretty nice. Not so here. First, the whole hotel has a very musty smell and feel. The room was very dark and run-down. The carpets were old and dirty and the whole place had paint chipping everywhere. The pool area was ok but again, looked very old with cracks and paint chipping everywhere. The staff made an effort to keep up the breakfast, which was pretty good, but there weren't half enough tables for all the guests trying to eat on a Sunday morning. Wouldn't recommend it, especially for the hefty price. I thought there would at least be a fridge in the room but no. The only good thing was the location--near stores and restaurants so we could spend as little time in the room as possible.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
The hotel was comfortable and convenientley located close to everything. The only problem for me was that there was no electrical outlets near the beds for me to plug my CPAP in.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Very nice with 2 kids."
Very nice good sized room. The kids (5 & 7) loved the pool and the breakfast was more than I expected. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Excellent breakfast"
The room was not bad. The bed a little too firm for our liking and the pillows didn't work for us at all. But otherwise it was clean and quiet and we were satisfied with the room. It was close to everything we needed access to. The breakfast was fab! My husband loved the waffles. I don't know what they did to the eggs but I was all over those and I'm not normally an egg person. There was a nice selection of food and drink. And cherry jelly for the toast! I rarely see that so I was excited just for that.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Christina
"cold hot tub"
Well the hot tub was not cold but it was way under temp. This is one thing we really enjoy when we get a room. The front desk clerk went out of her way to check the temp but nothing she could do about it.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
nick
"Too expensive for what you get"
The building was fine. The pool did not look inviting. The staff acted like they were put out by having to put down their cell to wait on me. Funny smell overall. While there are little ads all over about the quality of their beds, mine was uncomfortable & I did not sleep well at all.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"good for the price"
slept well, bathroom was clean, I was happy there was a fridge and micro!!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"On main highway"
We checked in Christmas Eve. The staff was very efficient in checking us in. The hotel is a little dated but seemed very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The only complaint I have is that the heating & cooling fan was very loud. When the heat would kick on during the night, the fan would wake me up all night long.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Quiet and comfortable"
The motel, while old and on a busy street, was surprisingly quiet and very clean. For a mid-range motel, the bed was exceptionally comfortable --- just as good as my own at home. Overall, a very, very good value for the money. Thank you
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
"3 day week end"
No refrigerater and not availble as we booked online and didn't know we had to ask for one. Room was clean but dark.... VERY small space for complimentery breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Becky
"convenience"
OK.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Pat
"Hotel Room felt like Home"
What a great quiet relaxing hotel to spend the night in, between 2 full days of challenging golf. One night wasn't enough, I wanted to stay a week. The updated room was really spacious, more like a small apt..The king-sized bed was so comfy just like @ home. The room had a flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, radio, iron & board, hairdryer, you name it. The bathroom was updated w/granite, new tub & surround, etc. Shower was great too! The cleanliness was a 5 star & had no odors. Really good free hot continental breakfast that also had REAL orange juice. It's located on the main drag & close to shopping, etc & of course a super good authentic Italian Restaurant. We would stay here again & highly recommend it to others !
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Mike & Linda
"Reasonable rates for a few days stay"
I was satisfied with the room, staff, and maintenance people, especially the room cleaners (most polite and helpful). I've stayed there before and will again when I visit the Wisconsin Rapids area. Absolutely no complaints.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
One of the nicest bargain motels I have ever been in.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
It was nice, however, our friends had a refrigerator and microwave in their room for the same price through a different on line service. Somehow I feel we lost out in the deal as the pricing was the same, but the did have more extras than we did.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
Very satisfied. Staff very helpful and enjoyed the breakfast.
7 night trip May 22, 2013
"Quality Inn"
We arrived close to midnight & the night staff was very friendly, lots of convienent parking. Room was surprisingly much larger than most chain hotels. Beds were comfy, bedding was soft and clean, lots of pillows (4 on each bed). Didn't hear the neighbors at all. While this hotel is older and nothing is modern or sophisticated, we were comfortable. The room wasn't super clean, but the important things were very clean (bathroom & bed) The breakfast far exceeded my expectations: waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, a potato/sausage dish, sugar-free & regular syrup, hardboiled eggs and more. My only disappointments were that there weren't enough electrical outlets (none near the beds as the lamps were sconces hardwired, and many of the other outlets were controlled by a switch & it took us some time to figure how to plug in a cpap, phones, & a camera so that they worked/charged when lights were off). The pool area is small & smelled really chlorinated and needs a lot of paint & updating, but it was good enough to entertain our daughter. The location was convienent to restaurants with a Walgreens next door, & the residential area behind the hotel was quiet and nice. This hotel is not nice enough to please a snob who expects gorgeous luxury. But it is a great deal for average families who want the most for such a low price.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Tracy
"Wireless connections were terrible"
The wireless service kept disconnecting and was not able to accommodate the people staying at the hotel. Since I needed this service for business, I will never stay here again based solely on this criteria.
2 night business trip May 7, 2013
"Well done"
Good location
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"Perfect location"
This Quality Inn had the perfect location for me. Fast food and restaurants were close by; room was very comfortable, wifi worked great; breakfast was warm with nice variety and best of all, the employees were very friendly and personable. I will definitely return on my next trip to Wis. Rapids.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2012
"Just what we needed and a good price"
Staff was great - very helpful. The hotel needs updating, but our room was clean, with comfy beds. Pool was enjoyable, and the breakfast average, with good variety. We'll stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2012
Marie
"Ok stay and breakfast"
The room was clean and the breakfast was included in the rate I paid so it was ok.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2012
Keith
"Would definitely choose this hotel again!"
Clean and comfortable rooms. Hallways and front desk area were well kept and clean. Hotel staff were very friendly! Especially liked that the entire hotel is smoke-free... huge plus!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
E Young
"close to casino"
my wife and i really enjoyed our stay. the only thing that we did not like was the pool, it was cold. we would like a heated pool. other than that, our stay was excellent.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2012
"Best value"
This hotel is the best value for Wisconsin rapids. We stayed a total if 3 nights. The staff was very nice. It is an older building so it does need a little updating but it was very clean and comfortable. There is mo elevator but staff moved us to the first floor due to mobility issues. I have stayed in other hotels in Wisconsin Rapids and this is the best place to stay for overall value.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2012
Michele
"Great staay"
The room was big enough to accommodate our luggage and still have room to move around. It was clean, beds were comfortable, towels were even soft. Great stay.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2012
"great place to stop for the night"
Room was clean and nicely decorated. Beds were comfy. Pool and spa were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. We hadn't expected a hot breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised. It was easy to find and near several of the destinations we'd planned. We'd go back again in a heartbeat!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2012
"Avoid at all costs!"
I made this reservation through hotels.com. I missed my flight and could not get to the motel on the reserved night, but did get there the next. They would not honor the already paid for booking, so I had to pay for an additional night. The Internet service did not work. When someone came up from the front desk, she tried telling me my IE wasn't working. It never works without an Internet connection. The bed was sagged in the middle and rather than two standard size pillows, our beds had four throw pillow size pillows. The walls were so thin that we could not only hear the people talking in the next room, we actually heard the sound of their suitcase zippers! Cannot believe that the former Wilberns Motel has turned into such a dump. I will NEVER stay there again!
1 night trip May 29, 2012
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Fern Hotel

"Fern Hotel"
05/02/15 yogajudy Chicago, Illinois
This is a great place to stay. Very Friendly Staff. Hot Tub wonderful. Breakfast wonderful. Nice Location, safe and Pet Friendly. Great Price. Everything clean and working condition. I extended my stay a day. I did not want to leave; the hotel really felt like home. Refrigerator, microwave and coffe pot in all rooms. Staff remembered my name during check in and stay
"Amazing hotel for the money!"
03/29/15 melsley Chippewa Falls
We stayed at The Fern Hotel last night, March 28. This hotel is very newly painted inside and out. It's fresh and it smells clean...no lingering smoke smell. Our room was large and well kept. Older furniture, but clean. The bed was a king and probably new as it was firm and comfortable and I slept well. The heater in the room made the room warmer than we would have liked for sleeping, but as it was raining and about 37 degrees, heat was better than the alternative. There was a mini fridge in the room and a microwave, internet and a huge TV. The room lacks electrical outlets, so we had to appeal to the front desk to get an extension cord which they gladly provided and even brought it down to our room. We had breakfast in the morning which offered, scrambled eggs, or hard boiled, bacon, biscuits and gravy, juices, yogurt, toast, waffles....anything you could possibly want. The front desk attendant was very helpful, cheerful and accommodating. We will stay in this hotel again when we're in Wis. Rapids. It is not the newest hotel, but the wonderful management and the cleanliness of this facility make up for any lack of electrical outlets in the room which can be credited to the age of the building.
"The best hotel in town for the money."
03/10/15 twodiamonds
The hotel was very organized and cleaned. The rooms were really pretty large. Very good location. Also includes complimentary breakfast. I would definitely stay there again when traveling to Wisconsin Rapids.
"new owners, great customer service"
03/08/15 Terry B Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
We just got home from a stay at this hotel. We are choice privelege members and usually stick to choice hotels, but they were booked. This hotel used to be a choice hotel, so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the double queen bed room, very clean and the beds comfortable. It was exactly like the choice hotels we are used to. I was surprised on how quiet the room was, as it is located off a busy road. The staff is very friendly and accomadating, we came down for breakfast late and the owner told us he would make us fresh eggs...nice! We will be back!
"New owner"
02/22/15 David M Menasha, Wisconsin
I have been staying at this hotel of and on for years for business as the Quality Inn, and was surprised and apprehensive at the name change when checking in this time. Truth be it, the hotel really hasn't changed much- the new owner has been slowly repainting, and the hot tub was being repaired, but the room was clean and warm, the desk people were friendly, and the breakfast was pretty much the same. If I saw any real issues I would have notified my company not to use it again but I didn't have any problems to report and I certainly would. I'll be back.
"Terrible"
02/18/15 Caleb B
This is the worse hotel I have ever been to, if I could I wouldn't even rate this, I booked the hotel and asked about the pool and room and they didn't say anything about the pool not working or that the pool room heater wasn't working till after we found out and the rooms were not heated so we asked for a refund and only got half back I'll never go back here again unless it gets a lot better.