All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
3120 8th St South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad pool
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad internet service
"Holiday trip"
The place was nice, breakfast layout was wonderful.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
"Look No Further for Service, Comfort and Value"
I was greeted at the Front Desk very cordially. The man not only inquired how to pronounce my name correctly, but he remembered it when I checked out the next day. Our room was huge and outfitted with everything we possibly could need: two queen beds, desk and office chair, table and two arm chairs, TV, microwave and refrigerator. Some finishes were a little worn, but everything was clean and comfortable. And there was plenty of light for reading -- what a treat! Breakfast the next morning was excellent; it surpassed the offerings of most higher-priced chains. It is far more than the "continental" breakfast we expected and included scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, sausage and sausage gravy, waffles and yogurt in addition to a variety of hot and cold cereal, fruit, bread and beverages. The hours for breakfast are extended, too, starting at 5:30 am -- a big help to travelers who must be on their way early. It is kept well-stocked by an attendant who was friendly and helpful. To find such nice staff, large, comfortable rooms and delicious breakfast buffet at such a reasonable price was a delightful surprise. We don't come to Rapids often, but we definitely know where we will be staying when we do!
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
Stephanie I
"Warren Cranfest"
Not the most sound prof rooms but it was clean and the breakfast was more than adequate and not bad price I would stay again!
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Quality stay"
Great place nice pool area
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
we had 2 adjoining rooms and actually weren't there too much--just came into town for a wedding and left next morning. But check-in and check-out staff were very friendly and the hot breakfast was very nice and hit the spot!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"pleasant stay"
Our stay was quiet, comfortable and pleasant. No complaints!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Gregory
"Comfortable stay......"
The hotel was clean and comfortable, but I needed to print a document.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Jean
"first time at the Fern...."
Had a good stay here.... It would be nice to be able to print a document from Word. :-(
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Jean
"Nice Mid Range Hotel"
Facilities were well maintained, slightly dated but very clean. The breakfast was a little more substantial than the normal contential fare offered. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage in addition to the normal fare. Pool was nice. Location is on the main shopping road, plenty of food options within a half mile. Attitude and helpfulness of the staff was excellent.
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Gerard
"Pleasant"
Motel smelled a little musty. The rooms were nice. Liked the layout. Surprised at the selection for breakfast. Was nice.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
NANCY
"comfortable stay"
friendly staff good food and amenities nice rooms and great prices nicely located would highly recommend
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
lonny
Greeting, courtesy and service was outstanding. Great continental breakfast. Loved the comfort of the room, especially the quiet and efficiency of the air conditioning.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
galen
A welcoming front desk clerk. Clean, even if a bit outdated. Condition of pool and spa was only real big complaint--chipped paint, cracked, loosely tile, and--say it ain't so--was that fuzzy mold in the spa?
1 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"Family friendly hotel"
Pros: Hotel room was comfortable and clean. 2 Queen beds were appreciated. Nice breakfast buffet with hot and cold variety of options. Staff was friendly and made effort to accommodate our needs. Cons: Pool area was dirty, clumps of hair on the pool deck and an unidentifiable cloth floating in the hot tub. No elevato.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Very quiet night, good for resting. The staff was very pleasant. Enjoyed a swim in a clean pool.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
This was a economical hotel. However, I was surprised to find there was not a refrigerator. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Sue
Clean hotel. Very helpful and pleasant staff. Breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
brenda
"Great family hotel"
Owner and staff was very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. Breakfast was very good and always hot. Room was set up very well for our family of 4. Would absolutely stay again!
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Benjamen
"Taj was fantastic. Very friendly and very acomoda"
People were very friendly. Hot tub great and pool was clean.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Nice room for the price"
We really liked our stay at The Fern Hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We were just a little disappointed that they took the fridge and microwave out of the rooms. The continental breakfast was pretty good. All in all we enjoyed our stay and we'll be coming back again!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"A Nice Little Find in the Wis. Rapids Area"
It's a nice hotel to stay a few nights in. The breakfast was fantastic, they've got quite the spread! Waffle maker, good doughnuts, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit. The staff was always on it whenever something was about to run out. The pool is good, but the hot tub was way to hot. The room was comfortable and roomie, but the bed was a little to firm.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Evan
"Wonderful Time"
We never slept as good in a motel. The desk was vary vary helpful. Breakfast was the perfect start of the day.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Elmer
"Overnight family stay"
If you want fancy, this isn't it. If good service, cleanliness, great continental breakfast, and value is what you want, I recommend the Fern Hotel. Will probably book there again if we are in the area.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Dawn
"Great customer service"
Nice quiet hotel. Excellent free continental breakfast. Staff went above and beyond
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
anna
"Rude"
We had three rooms and staff tried to not let us use the pool. I stay there multiple times a year with multiple rooms....staff would not let use use common area to visit family and wanted to charge us to go to a meeting room.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Great breakfast, big rooms"
Nice rooms. Big room and a real desk. Nice breakfast for this price range. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"fern hotel"
Rooms very clean comfortable bed very pleasant staff definitely would stay again
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"not cool"
Was horrible. Only stayed a day of my 2 that were reserved. Vending machine sodas were expired. Pool was broken. Room was not very clean. It seemed we were the only ones there. We ended up with an extra kid for the night and instead of giving us a cot they wanted us to rent a second room. Told them we wouldnt rent another room for the kids as young as they were. Said we would just have to leave. They said they would refund our money but haven't seen a credit yet. And I would never rent a spare room for kids under 10...u nuts!!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Probably OK in summer"
Friendly staff. Basic motel 'breakfast'. Comfy mattress. In below zero degree nights, there was not enough heat. Wifi was OK. Fridge worked. Microwave did not. Slightly decrepit but fine for short visit to the area.
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Douglass
it was good, and plan too stay again, good price and clean
"Not much quality here"
I've stayed in Quality Inns before and they're usually pretty nice. Not so here. First, the whole hotel has a very musty smell and feel. The room was very dark and run-down. The carpets were old and dirty and the whole place had paint chipping everywhere. The pool area was ok but again, looked very old with cracks and paint chipping everywhere. The staff made an effort to keep up the breakfast, which was pretty good, but there weren't half enough tables for all the guests trying to eat on a Sunday morning. Wouldn't recommend it, especially for the hefty price. I thought there would at least be a fridge in the room but no. The only good thing was the location--near stores and restaurants so we could spend as little time in the room as possible.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
The hotel was comfortable and convenientley located close to everything. The only problem for me was that there was no electrical outlets near the beds for me to plug my CPAP in.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Very nice with 2 kids."
Very nice good sized room. The kids (5 & 7) loved the pool and the breakfast was more than I expected. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Excellent breakfast"
The room was not bad. The bed a little too firm for our liking and the pillows didn't work for us at all. But otherwise it was clean and quiet and we were satisfied with the room. It was close to everything we needed access to. The breakfast was fab! My husband loved the waffles. I don't know what they did to the eggs but I was all over those and I'm not normally an egg person. There was a nice selection of food and drink. And cherry jelly for the toast! I rarely see that so I was excited just for that.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Christina
"cold hot tub"
Well the hot tub was not cold but it was way under temp. This is one thing we really enjoy when we get a room. The front desk clerk went out of her way to check the temp but nothing she could do about it.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
nick
"Too expensive for what you get"
The building was fine. The pool did not look inviting. The staff acted like they were put out by having to put down their cell to wait on me. Funny smell overall. While there are little ads all over about the quality of their beds, mine was uncomfortable & I did not sleep well at all.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"good for the price"
slept well, bathroom was clean, I was happy there was a fridge and micro!!
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"On main highway"
We checked in Christmas Eve. The staff was very efficient in checking us in. The hotel is a little dated but seemed very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The only complaint I have is that the heating & cooling fan was very loud. When the heat would kick on during the night, the fan would wake me up all night long.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Quiet and comfortable"
The motel, while old and on a busy street, was surprisingly quiet and very clean. For a mid-range motel, the bed was exceptionally comfortable --- just as good as my own at home. Overall, a very, very good value for the money. Thank you
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
"3 day week end"
No refrigerater and not availble as we booked online and didn't know we had to ask for one. Room was clean but dark.... VERY small space for complimentery breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Becky
"convenience"
OK.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Pat
"Hotel Room felt like Home"
What a great quiet relaxing hotel to spend the night in, between 2 full days of challenging golf. One night wasn't enough, I wanted to stay a week. The updated room was really spacious, more like a small apt..The king-sized bed was so comfy just like @ home. The room had a flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, radio, iron & board, hairdryer, you name it. The bathroom was updated w/granite, new tub & surround, etc. Shower was great too! The cleanliness was a 5 star & had no odors. Really good free hot continental breakfast that also had REAL orange juice. It's located on the main drag & close to shopping, etc & of course a super good authentic Italian Restaurant. We would stay here again & highly recommend it to others !
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Mike & Linda
"Reasonable rates for a few days stay"
I was satisfied with the room, staff, and maintenance people, especially the room cleaners (most polite and helpful). I've stayed there before and will again when I visit the Wisconsin Rapids area. Absolutely no complaints.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
One of the nicest bargain motels I have ever been in.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
It was nice, however, our friends had a refrigerator and microwave in their room for the same price through a different on line service. Somehow I feel we lost out in the deal as the pricing was the same, but the did have more extras than we did.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
Very satisfied. Staff very helpful and enjoyed the breakfast.
7 night trip May 22, 2013
"Quality Inn"
We arrived close to midnight & the night staff was very friendly, lots of convienent parking. Room was surprisingly much larger than most chain hotels. Beds were comfy, bedding was soft and clean, lots of pillows (4 on each bed). Didn't hear the neighbors at all. While this hotel is older and nothing is modern or sophisticated, we were comfortable. The room wasn't super clean, but the important things were very clean (bathroom & bed) The breakfast far exceeded my expectations: waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, a potato/sausage dish, sugar-free & regular syrup, hardboiled eggs and more. My only disappointments were that there weren't enough electrical outlets (none near the beds as the lamps were sconces hardwired, and many of the other outlets were controlled by a switch & it took us some time to figure how to plug in a cpap, phones, & a camera so that they worked/charged when lights were off). The pool area is small & smelled really chlorinated and needs a lot of paint & updating, but it was good enough to entertain our daughter. The location was convienent to restaurants with a Walgreens next door, & the residential area behind the hotel was quiet and nice. This hotel is not nice enough to please a snob who expects gorgeous luxury. But it is a great deal for average families who want the most for such a low price.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Tracy
"Wireless connections were terrible"
The wireless service kept disconnecting and was not able to accommodate the people staying at the hotel. Since I needed this service for business, I will never stay here again based solely on this criteria.
2 night business trip May 7, 2013