All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America

2.7
    2.2
    2.7
"not happy"
Rooms small, dingy, dirty and old! Bathrooms old and walls peeling and bath tub stained.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Dorothy
"Quiet Nice people"
Nice management easy booking quiet room
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Pamela
Terrible!! Two of the three lights were out. All of the fixtures were falling off and loose. At least there was a mini fridge.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"They had the power to make it better, BUT..."
Ask for more soap and towels if u dont bring your own. Watch out they take pets too! Unclear door tech to open doors w/card. Dont get a smoking room theyre nasty. The 2 Pillows they give a Q/K are totally lumpy and assist in giving your neck a wrench.
1 night trip May 27, 2015
"Quiet and relaxing"
It was nice to get away from downtown to a quiet place that afforded a view of the local community that we would not otherwise see. We really got a feeling for the community which was really nice. Service was friendly, prompt, and helpful. The Egyptian Museum is very close by.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Desirae
"Won't go back"
I'd give this place a negative star if I could! I am here on business and two days ago I had my girlfriend come over at about 10:30pm. Yesterday they said to me, um sir, we don't allow non registered guests in your room. Seriously!!
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Stay if you have no choice"
Bare necessities available. Stay if you have no choice
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Vivek
"Valley Inn- Nice Desk Clerk, but overpriced."
It was the only room left in San Jose, so I was grateful for the bed, but they charged a lot for the room!
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Expensive ROOM Not worth the money"
Everything was very old. Room not clean. Curtains were broken couldn't cover the window no screens on window mirror was cracked just awf and uncomfortable. 116.00 was not worth The price ..I wasted My money
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"suitable place to stay for the night"
Bed was clean, shower was clean and plenty of hot water. It was a fine place to stay for the night.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"very nice hotel"
I've stayed at this hotel three times during long business travels and I really liked it. All its employees are always very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Jose.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"The overall rating of 2 out of 5 is accurate."
It was okay for the price. We stayed here because of the price and location. The room was small, including the furniture/chair; but for the price it was okay for our one night stay.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Maggie
"Good location for SCU"
Street was noisey but room was clean. Walking distance to SCU.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Make your own Bed"
After check in the office calls your room and asks if you need clean towels and linens daily or to conserve water if one change during your stay would be acceptable. I told them that one change would be adequate. Never realized they also meant that there wouldn't be maid service tied to the no clean linens.
4 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
Ron
"An old and basic motel for bargain shoppers"
It is old and not well maintained, so nothing for anyone with some standards; but it is cheap and on the 22 bus line into downtown,with a bus stop right in front.
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Martin
"nice hotel"
its a nice motel with friendly staff they are very helpful and iniversity safeway all are walking distance
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
roshan
"Dom and Gail' San Jose trip"
This was thebggestripoff for the price. This is at most a $60 motel. The room was tiny, the mattress was caved in toward the middle. There was hardly enough room to get by the bed to the bathroom. The bathroom was awful. Fresh caulk that had not been finishe off. It looked horrible. I feel that we were taken for the price we paid. I am very dissapointed that this hotel was included in your site. I will not be using your site again.
1 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
Dominick
"Very loud and a bit unsafe."
It was very scary. All night people werer trying to open my door. The doors do not close all the way. I could hear people next to me talking all night and kids crying.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
We stayed here as a last resort and for the $150 price I could have done without the wholes in the walls and box-spring like mattress. The staff was very friendly when we checked in but that's not enough to save the disappointment of staying here so do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Jenn
"Father"
My stay was truly enlightening and will be booking a room at motel whenever needed in this area..
2 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
Theodore
"No complaints really"
I booked a smoking room and it smelled like smoke, well thats what i booked No complaints really
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"nice hotel close to university and great price"
NICE PLACE WALKING DISTANCE FREE HI-SPEED INTERNET WAS USEFUL SMALL BREAKFAST IN MORNING ALL EMPLOYEES ARE VERY HELPFUL.CHEAPER ON WEEKEND GOT GREAT PRICE FOR ONE NIGHT STAY.I ENJOYED MY STAY.WILL DEFINATELY STAY HERE AGAIN.THANK YOU FOR HOSPITALITY.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Great little hotel - great price"
Great little hotel, only thing missing was in room coffee.
3 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Greg
"Worst Worst Hotel"
This is the worst hotel in San Jose. Dont Never go here after.
3 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
S
The bed was old and had a strong unpleasant cigarette smoke odor. There was mold on the matrice box. Very over priced for the quality.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Room not available"
I requested a specific type of room and was told that you're of room was not available. I will not be using this hotel again.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Not worth the price. .......... .....no more need to be said.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Could've been better"
Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at almost 7 pm. Checkin is 3:00.There was a homeless lady loitering in the front all day. The bathroom had no lock. I would never stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Jenn
A shady and smelly motel. The only positive thing was being close to the airport
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Allan
"Worst hotel we have ever stayed in"
No screen on window so we could not open the window for ventilation. The A/C did not work and we are in summer heat. No ironing board or iron. The soap and shampoo were the smallest we have ever experienced. No hair dryer. The doormat in front of the room should have been thrown away a year ago. Can only imagine how dirty the carpet really was. The mirror was dirty. It had streaks on it. Looked like it had not been cleaned.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Margaret
"A Real Mistake"
Having trouble to find an afordabel room in the San Jose area, to make a quick trip to the area for a Memorial Service, I found a room available at motel - was thinking this was another property. Still, with it within a block A Santa Clara University, I thought it would not be too bad. surprise. Dirty from when we drove up, and only got worse as we entered our dark dingy room with smike coming under the door from those standing outsiade our room at the ashtray. I did ask the hotel to please move the ashtray to the back of the building, which they had done by the time we returned that evening. But there were still people standing there smoking without the recepticle. One of the mattresses was in very poor condition, also. The staff did move us the next day which made the room marginal. I just wonder how many parents from Santa Clara Univerity have been "fooled" by this place. Could be cleaned up with a little effort!
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Not best place to stay"
the first day I checked in, I was giving a dirty room. The pillows were dirty and the bed was not even made up. The wifi did not work in the room I needed to stand outside of the room just to get reception. On my second day house keeping came to the room and only give me one towel. I believe the owners write their own good reviews. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.
3 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2014
mike
We paid $160 for a tiny room
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
Poor sevics TVA did not work over all poor will never stay there or book for my employes
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"Wrong choice for San Jose"
we looked at many of the reviews online that review this hotel a 4? These were highly inaccurate. To begin with we had to wait for 10 minutes just to get the front desk clerk (possibly out of bed) to unlock the door so we could check in. then when we got to the room it looked as though it was from the 70's the drapes look dingy as if they had not been cleaned in months or maybe even years.there was a chair in there that had stains all over it and it looked like it had not been cleaned in over a year also. The bathroom and the sink that were available were probably the cleanest and they were sub par at best. all of this and then we must mention the quarter to half inch crack in the door frame even when deadbolted. The draft and the non-working heater made for a cool night as we tried to stay warm in the uncomfortable environment. Worst $100 we have spent for a night!
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"limerita in the shower"
The hotel is really outdated. Beds are uncomfortable. Will not go back. Wish I could add pictures of the squished can holding up the shower curtain rod because it was too short. I do give them a few points for creativity.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
ray
The mattress was poor, the pillows were terrible, the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for weeks and I am not sure the sheets were washed after the last person before me used the room.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
M
"Expensive, but not bad"
Yes its expensive, but the people are friendly enough and the rooms are clean. Its not modern at all but it works.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"Not nice for the money paid"
The hotel appearance wasn't good. No elevators to the second floor. Had to carry the luggage. No refrigerator, coffee maker and the hotel looked like a country side torn house. No saop was kept in the shower room. The rooms wee painted to look clean but it wasn't good. Overall I wasn't happy for the money I paid to stay.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Gopal
"serviceable, but you get what you pay for"
Its just a basic cheap motel. I wouldn't have stayed here, except nothing else on the peninsula was available for less than three times the price per night. That said, it was a really basic hotel, but it provided the basic needs and included free wifi. I wouldn't choose to stay here first, and I wouldn't plan an anniversary night here, but if you just need a bed with clean sheets and a shower cheap, it works.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
Garrett
"what a dump!"
I cannot believe I was charged $170 a night for 2 nights. The outside has not been updated since the 60's. The area is unsafe to walk at night. The first room I was shown had a bed that I think was there since the hotel was opened. The 2nd room had a newer king size bed but I think it had bugs since I have several bites. There is no hair dryer. I was grateful that the owner let me use his wife's dryer. The owner and his family live at the hotel!!. The final event was that the dumpster was emptyed at 2AM the last night I was there. I think I would have been better at Motel 6!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
A small independent hotel. Nothing fancy at all. The sort of place I don't mind staying in when I travel and I just need a place to sleep for the night. But I don't expect to pay $150/night for this sort of room, even in the middle of Silicon Valley. The fact that it was moderately convenient and closer to my destination than any other place I could find made it acceptable. But I will work harder to find a different place when I have to come back and stay for another week.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"dated and old"
One of the worst places I have ever stayed especially for $160 a night
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
"Try not to stay here"
Wow, where do I start? I was on a work trip in San Jose and any reasonably priced hotel in the area was booked so I was practically forced to stay at Valley Inn. Needless to say, there were many reasons why this hotel was not full. When I first checked out the room I noticed that it smelled musky and that it was pretty dark. Upon second a pass though I saw that the mirror was cracked, the carpet was REALLY dirty, and there was no iron/ironing board! The only pluses were the DirectTV channels and the bed being clean. I highly recommend avoiding staying at this hotel - I would not stay here again, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
"Back-up scenario"
When everything else is booked, there is the Valley Inn. It is truly worn down, with a green carpet with long "hair" in my room dating back to the 70s. Well, maybe not that old, but it, along with everything else, gives you that feeling. The tub with the top plastic coat that is peeling off/cracking, the tube TV and the accumulated dirt on the control, a bedside lamps with a broken bulb, etc. And little noisy (particularly the room next to the street.) At the same time, the attendant was quite nice and parking was convenient. So, if you are on a budget and it is cheap, then it's called a "value" choice. If you stay there for $130 because everything else is booked, well, that's when you get to experience first hand the laws of supply and demand ;-)
2 night trip Oct 15, 2013
"No frills, but clean"
I had to make a last-minute trip to San Jose and everyplace was booked so I took a chance on this motel (yes, not a hotel). Bottom line: if you need a room for only a night or two and don't care about frills, this place is fine. It was clean and the staff was friendly. It did seem from Google Maps street view to be in a slightly seedy area, and that wasn't really the case (I guess depends on your definition) but there was a bus stop right at the parking lot entrance and there were several day-laborer-type workmen staying there... nothing wrong with either and it wasn't an issue for me. Parking lot was small and spaces were tiny and it was hard to turn left into the lot from the street it's on. However, it is very convenient to I-880, the airport and the trendy Santana Row is short drive away where I had dinner. As far as the room itself, no HDTV, iron or ironing board, hair dryer or even a box of Kleenex! There was soap and two small packets of shampoo (no little bottle of conditioner or lotion) for the shower (no tub). Again, no frills or extras but it was clean (besides a few scuff marks on the wall near the door) and the Wi-Fi worked great. They even have real-life metal room keys! After booking on Expedia at $170 for the night, I went to the hotel's own web site and they were advertising rooms for $89 as their "average daily rate"... not sure what that was all about and felt like I overpaid when I saw that... I guess no other vacancy anywhere else drives the price up.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Ken
"ughh"
It was filthy, overpriced, scary, and uncomfortable.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Decent room near university."
Room was comfortable and clean. The location was convenient though noisy. Part of the shower broke and I forgot to inform the staff, yet when I returned late at night I found it fixed and the room had been cleaned. Overall it was a comfortable stay at a reasonable rate.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Old hotel"
I was not thoroughly impressed with the condition of the hotel. It is older and could definitely use some remodeling. I did not feel like the room was very clean. However, you get what you pay for and hotel is reasonably priced.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Rach
"Needs updating"
Whole hotel needs remodeling and management needs training in how to bring customers back!!
Other trip Aug 8, 2013