All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel close to beach"
It was pleasant staying there. It was close to beach but wasn't noisy, kinda gave privacy. Rooms were small but with good interior . Overall it was nice! They had tour packages from the hotel, the breakfast was good, not complementary though. :)
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
deb
"Kent hotel"
Was a great place for the price. Next time I take a trip to South Beach that is where I will stay.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
bad smell of disinfection, old ACe;flkwe;'flkw;'eljf;weqlfjc;we.qfnmlc;e.qfc;e.cmef
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great hotel for price."
The only reason I put a 4 on cleanliness and not a 5 is due to finding underwear under the bed which was not ours! They were very apologetic. Overall it was clean and great price.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"Don't do it."
After Check-in I wanted to find another hotel. it was already so late at night I opted to stay until "tomorrow." Well because it was a Holiday weekend (my Birthday weekemd) I couldn't find availability in the area. my hadn was forced. At best, I'd stay here for ONLY one night if there was nothing else... actually, scratch that, after check-out day (I stayed a week) I wouldnt stay at all. I saw a cockroach on my headboard on my last day! Uuuuugggh! I was so distraught... the Staff was nice enough, but I had to call 3 times over a full day to get washclothes brought to the room, that never came. I had to tell housekeeping when they finally came to the room the next day to service the room. The view (or lack thereof) was God-awful! I know some of South Beach doesnt have the best views, but a dirty wall and even dirtier, noisy alley were a bit much. Also, the odor... there was a constant sickening sweet smell of something they used that was TOO MUCH, like 'you're trying to mask something bad' too much... So, no I wouldnt recommend this to anyone. I only stayed because there was nothing else I could check into and I wasn't in the room that much and the times I was, I was passed out drunk (Hey, dont judge it was my Birthday weekend!)
6 night trip Nov 6, 2014
"Happy, casual in South Beach"
The Kent is a really nice hotel in a great South Beach location. Comfortable beds, very clean, nice staff, windows that open for ocean breezes, iron/ironing board, safe in room. Retains the happy, casual South Beach vibe. It's an original art deco hotel thoughtfully updated. Bathroom is small but has a sleek update with rain shower and new fixtures. We've stayed at the Kent several times - it's a favorite hotel in a favorite location for me.
5 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great experience!"
The Kent is an old building but with modern rooms. The staff was very helpful and friendly to us. A great location in South Beach- only a block off the beach and right in the heart of some excellent restaurants, bars and nightlife. We would definitely stay here again. Great price for the location.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Megan
Linens were not changed. Nice location.
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"Nice transition hotel. We stayed here for 1 night."
Staff at the front desk was great! We stayed for 1 night before our cruise! Close to the water.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
girls trip
"False Advertising"
On their website it states that rollout beds are available upon request. I called the hotel prior to booking to assure this was true. I talked to a rep and he said " Yes, Of Course Sir". I made it clear I wanted to book 2 beds and a rollout. Once we booked and got to the hotel the manager said its against the law for them to put a rollout bed in the room and nobody from his hotel could of said it was possible. I stated that me booking here was on that purpose because I was told they were available. I was basically told I was lying and I booked with Expedia so they could careless. Very unprofessional.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"A Good time on South Beach"
We were looking for a central location for shopping, going to the beach and enjoying the South Beach scene. The Kent Hotel fit the bill perfectly. The rooms have been updated neat and clean .
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Morris
"Art Deco for a great price"
This hotel is in a great location if what you want is to spend time in SOBE. It's old,but, The room was clean, the beds pristine and comfortable. The bathroom had been very nicely upgraded. Very old cool elevator. If you want to stay on south beach and want to spend your money on other things besides your room, this is the place.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Victoria
"kent hotel is a great place to stay"
Service was awesome, room was very clean, the hotel was built in 1938. It has been updated and it's very nice. It is located only one block from south beach perfect location. Definitely will be staying here again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Josh
"Location Location Location"
Great Location. No complaints. FYI- Rooms are not ready until 3pm. Water is warm in the rooms, but it's so hot outside it didn't matter! Great LOCATION!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Hope D
"South Beach Getaway."
Great location, lot's on noise in the hotel. The staff was not dressed nice at all.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2014
"Awesome!!!"
This was my first time visiting Miami and the Kent was recommended to me by a good friend. Our flight landed after midnight so we got to the hotel at around 130am and the front desk greeted me and told me he was waiting for us to arrive. The whole time I was there anything we needed we got! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that goes there. I know for a fact I will be staying there again on my next visit!!'
4 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2014
Nice, clean and good service.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
"Nice hotel. Close to Ocean Ave."
The room was very nice and the staff was friendly. The other problem we had was that we did not get to stay in the room that we had reserved through Expedia. We had reserved a room with a queen bed but instead were put in a room with two full beds because when rooms are booked though Expedia you are not guaranteed to get the type of room you ask for. Not the end of the world. We still enjoyed our stay and would stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Close to the beach & restaurants"
Nice hotel. Very close to the beach (1 block away). The only thing is people were so loud inside of the hotel. There were shouting and screaming (4 am in the morning) in the corridor. I recommend to couples, singles but not to families!!!
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Sam
Close to the beach and the strip. Overall okay. Can't beat the price!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Kiesha
"nice hotel close to the beach and night life"
best location for beach, restaurants, shops. Only air conditioner specially noisy in the night.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
There is a lot of construction on Collins but we never heard noise in the room. The room is small but not horrible. Was only in the room to sleep and get dress. Only complaint about the room was the poor lighting. I would stay again! Great location, around the corner from Versace manison.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Okay for the price"
Okay for the price
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Good Location. Basic Services. Hot water problems."
This is a basic budget hotel in a good location on South Beach. You do however get what you pay for. I had a comfortable bed. The bathroom was ok, the wash basin had not been cleaned very carefully. The hot water was never hot enough during my three day stay. Noise permeates from the corridors and streets, but that didn't bother me much personally. (I had a ground floor room facing a blank wall - if you want an upper level room make sure to specifically request it atleast three days in advance). I'd probably still give this place a chance next time in town, but I'd request an upper story room.
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Harsh Toprani
"Fantastic location"
Loved the Kent and plan on staying there in August with my daughter. The location is fantastic, the only thing I would recommend is that they get better lighting in the rooms and hallway. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. Great customer service!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Selina
"Good location, good room, good people"
The location was great. The front desk was very nice and friendly. The room was perfect for all of us. We will stay there again for sure!!!
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2014
"Great location, lousy room"
The Kent is in a great location, but the room I had was absolutely terrible. Ground floor, rear corner next to the service/storage room, with windows looking out onto the alley and dumpsters. The bed was totally uncomfortable and the frame squeaked loudly with every move you made. The bathroom was tiny and could not fit more than one person. We had no hot water in the shower the whole time. Even after speaking to the front desk who said they would send someone to look at it - still barely luke warm. The in-wall AC until had to be left on at all times and was so loud you had to raise your voice over to have a normal conversation. There were also no outlets in the room - so if you wanted to charge your phone or plug in your laptop, you had to unplug the TV and room phone. I guess you get what you pay for in South Beach. I would not stay here again.
Other trip May 21, 2014
J
"Not much sleep here"
Air conditioner and fridge were so loud it was impossible to get a good nights sleep. No exhaust fan in bathroom was a real bummer too.
2 night family trip May 12, 2014
"Super close to everything and very affordable"
Our stay was perfectly fine for the price. South Beach Streets are torn up with closures and one way detours so we used the valet park which was nice to have. It was hard to relax with all the construction. This was a good budget option
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Super close to the beach and at a great price."
Pretty fun stay in Miami. They let us check in early at no extra cost so that was awesome.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"It was ok kinda of cramp and out of date."
I only stayed one day but the hotel needs some up grades
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
roland
The floor wasn't clean when we checked in. There weren't enough towels and it took a long time to get more. The bathroom was clean and modern, newly updated. The music from next door played until the sun came up, which made it very difficult to get a good nights sleep. The location was so close to the beach, shopping and restaurants.
Response by The Kent Hotel
Dear Guest, We will discuss the state of the floor and the lengthy wait for the towels with our Housekeeping Supervisor. We are glad you were satisfied with the bathroom as we have indeed done recent updates. Thank you for your comment. Guest Services Manager
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Solo Weekend Getaway Convenient location"
I enjoyed my stay at the Kent. I loved the full length mirrors in the room and bathroom. There was a nice size T.V and it was perfect just for me. The down side was that it was perfect just for me... only one person because the rooms are so small. I am a person that needs her space and if the room was shared with more people I would feel claustrophobic. Everything was so close to the beach and to shopping areas. It was about two blocks or so if that away from the hotel. I walked everywhere. The only thing i would suggest to change are the sheets which i didn't find too warm or comfortable. Other than that I loved it!!
Response by The Kent Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the mirrors, bathroom and TV in your room. Not all of our rooms are the same size, so we would recommend you take one of our larger rooms during your next stay should you be sharing. We are proud of our location as it makes it so easy for guests to walk around and experience some of our lovely city. We will discuss your comment regarding the sheets with our housekeeping supervisor. Guest Services Manager
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2014
Styledbykethlene
"Hated this room"
Not happy at all. This hotel was very small. I'd rather stay off the strip with better quality hotels. Bathroom was extra small. Parking was a 20 min wait. Walking distance to the beach. Booked a double room and had to ask for more wash clothes. Would not recommend!!!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Shanell
Great hotel for the price in the heart of Southbeach. The guy at the front desk that works nights was very helpful at suggesting restaurants.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
"Fun but not extravagant"
Nice hotel close to the fun of South Beach and Ocean Drive without the higher cost. The little restaurant and patio is also nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. The building is old so there is the down side that comes with older buildings but overall isn't a bad place. I would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2014
"Awful Stay"
Worst stay ever. They messed up the rooms, number of rooms, and people. Had to pay for an extra room because they didn't have any cots.
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2014
"Good stay"
The front desk clerks were friendly and all the employees were nice
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
Bob Neurock
"Would never stay here again even if THEY paid ME."
Rooms were adequate. Hotel does not have it's own parking lot and you are forced to utilize a hotel valet service across the street. I went shopping at the outlet mall Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend before checking into the hotel in the evening. The clothing we bought at the outlets was winter clothing from Lacoste and some Nike shoes. I left my car at the valet Sunday evening, and picked up my car Monday morning after check out. When we dropped the car off both my girlfriend and I decided to leave our shoppimg bags in the car as the bags contained winter clothes that would not be used in South Beach. When I picked up my car Monday morning, I noticed that there were items missing from my bags. I was missing 2 very expensive Lacoste sweaters and my girlfriend's entire bag containing a pair of Nike Shox and Nike t-shirts. When I confronted the manager about this they stated that they do not own the valet company that the hotel uses and there is nothing they can do. This hotel stay was supposed to be the icing on the cake for our Miami stay, and instead the experience soured our entire trip like sour milk. F-, 10 thumbs down, never ever stay here.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Griffin Munson
"The ashtray room!!"
The room smell really really really bad!! The mattress bed it was a joke I rather sleep at the floor!! They check out is at 12pm I don't have any problem with that but it looks like the cleaning lady got really upset because she cannot open my door at 10 AM I really don't understand if the checkout is at 12 why the cleaning lady wants to kick you out at 10am. for the money that I pay for these hotel I will never recommend anybody to go!!! you can get better quality for the same price somewhere else
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"No frills. Could use a frill or two..."
Rooms are very, very basic. Actually smelled a little moldy. Had to ask the hotel three times to replace the battery in the smoke detector because it beeped all night long. Shower head barely stands 6'. Decent location, that's what you're paying for...I think.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
We had a very pleasant stay at the Kent Hotel. You get what you pay for. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very nice however it def. will not be the most extravagant hotel you ever stayed in. Ideal location. Perfect hotel for a young group of friends who want to be in the middle of all the action but do not want to spend a crazy amount of money.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Great for the price"
no major complaints. the only thing is that when we got there, we had to wait a couple of hours for clean wash rags. Other than that, every thing was great, staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfy, they even have a bar to relax in just outside the hotel. Would definitely stay here again. perfect if you want the South beach experience while on a budget.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Katrina
"Close to the beach"
They made us check out of our room on Saturday because they could not find where we made a change to stay an extra day. But when I was able to find my reservation in my iPad they searched and found it. It was really an inconvenience because they said they had reserved our room to somebody else. Finally we were able to return to our room after an hour.
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
Judy
"Nice hotel if on a budget"
The hotel is in a great location!! It's one block from the beach,it's around the corner from most of the hottest clubs and also it's close to all the retail stores for instance the Dash Store:)!! Other then not having a pool in the hotel it's a pretty standard hotel. Like most of the reviews say, you get what you pay for. Something I also must add is the hotel's restaurant had good food for reasonable prices. Overall I would come back and stay at this hotel if I'm on a strick budget!
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"Noisy, shower is just warm"
We picked this hotel for its location and the overall rating on hotels.com. Though we just need a room to sleep for 4 hours before catching early morning flight, we wanted to have a good rest. We made a bad, bad choice, it turns out. The wall is paper thin, we can hear every sentence by our neighbor if we turn off the crazy-loud AC. Even if you turn the switch to the hottest possible position, it is still just warm like 70 degrees so no shower!!! I have no idea if its just our room or all the rooms is just as bad as it is the only room they have left, but please at least call them to ask about the room condition before you book this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2014
UNpig
For an overnight stay it was fine. It was a good deal.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Perfect location"
The hotel was located exactly where you want to be for all the action South Beach has to offer whether it's the beach, nightlife or the great food selections right on ocean drive. Hotel staff was great and accommodating. And the rooms are nice and big. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel next time we visit Miami!
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Nicole
"perfect location"
Thi was a great stay. Convenient, very nice staff, good price, small room that was well designed and very clean.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
RAC
"OK European like hotel."
Staff were friendly. Room was adequate for the price. Bar area was good (outside). Good location for convention center and South Beach access.
3 night business trip Feb 26, 2014