All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here13279 Hwy 10 W, San Antonio, TX, 78249, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"Everything was great for price."
Everything was great for the price . No complaints
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Don
"Dirty rooms"
Online it looks really nice, the room I stayed in smelled bad, dirty carpet, sheets were dirty, very old bathroom. Needs to be remodeled and cleaned.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Rebecca
"no HOJO for me"
the second worse hotel ever. the room looked as if it had not had a deep cleaning in years. the chairs were stained. the tub had mold. the entire place smelled awful. never ever again at any HOJO!!!!!
5 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
hazel
"Good for the price."
There were cigarette burns on our comforter, and the bath tub was chipping away. The staff was great and friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Good stay!"
Very good stay, I was shocked it was as nice as it was for the price. Definitely staying here again if I am ever in the SA area.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Kaitlyn
"Hotel needed updates"
It was a good one. Nothing to be excited about but for the cost it was convenient for my stay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Overnight in San Antonio"
Our usual stay when traveling through San Antonio. Decent room for an overnight stay - a place to sleep, shower, and move on. Breakfast holds you over until you get to a breakfast restaurant. The hotel seemed to be undergoing a small renovation - good because the mattress we slept on needed to be replaced. Night clerk this time was very pleasant and helpful, not like the previous time we stayed here. Previous night clerk, maybe related to the owner, always acted like your presence annoyed him.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Thumbs down"
Would not stay here again
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"overall good stay"
Overall good nite stay, place was very quite and nice only feed back was the the exit to place because of the work on the express way but the places fault, would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Juan
"nice hotel not the quality of SPA"
the room it's small and all the things inside are old, not the quality for and SPA. the don't have SPA. good for the night
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
dan
"Pass this one up ..."
Dirty rooms ... rude and untrained staff.
5 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
Carolyn
"don't stay there"
sink was dirty, tub and surround looked dirty, phone cord was cut before i was there, asked to get replaced, never happened, so i had no phone to call home. left tag on door for housekeeping, never happened. tv reception bad. sheets did not fit bed, so if you moved sheets would bunch up. no soap or coffee where replenished, just not a place i would stay again or recommend.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
jim
"Acceptable but never again"
The manager in the morning shift (female at front desk) has a bad attitude. I will never stay there even when the rest of the experience was acceptable.
3 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Jose Manuel
"Decent hotel for a decent price!"
I stayed there for 5 nights and it was really good for the price! Staff was very friendly (especially Davey). Internet is a pretty good speed, & the tv had a good amount of channels. The only negatives I can think of was the treadmill didn't work and the mountain climber machines wasn't working properly, but that wasn't a really big deal. Oh, and at one point in my stay some trucker kept their diesel truck idling right near my apartment and it made the room smell for a short while (since the ac unit brings air from the outside your room). But overall, it was a very pleasant stay!
5 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
"SA Business trip"
very poor internet service breakfast frozen donuts no fruit
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
MD
"Horrible and Filthy"
From the moment I arrived, I knew something was wrong. I went to check into the motel before 9pm and found the door locked. Several other quests arrived just after me and were equally frustrated with this finding. After motioning to the clerk through the window, I expected her to buzz me in. Instead she motioned for me to conduct my business through the glass window. Appalled but tired, I did just that. Driving around to my room I was disappointed to find the lighting poor and the room numbers difficult to see. Furthermore, parking was very limited and I was not able to park where I would have a view of my vehicle from my room. Upon entering my room on the second floor (by way of the stairs as I didn't see an elevator), I became even more disappointed to find the room extremely outdated and poorly decorated. Upon further inspection, I found the refrigerator unplugged and being defrosted and the bedding inadequate. When I inspected the bathroom, I found the bathtub so filthy I wasn't comfortable with the thought of using it. I washed up in the sink instead. If I was Howard Johnson, I'd remove my name from this "establishment."
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
Kathleen
"Nightmare Stay"
Terrible stay. When the room was booked the advertisement of hotel looked nice but it was not , Hotels. Com needs to make sure these hotels being offered are suitable for families , this one is too old , holes in the walls & tables, noise outside until 3 am and room doors hard to close & tv remote don' t work, parking lot needs better lighting, bath room smelled, carpet dirty , pillows did have protective covers, linens old , so thin ready to tear. Horrible stay , glad it was only a 1 nite stay Hotels.com needs to make sure these hotels offered are sutaible since we can't cancel or get money back. I feel we should have the right to select the hotel we want & information & pictures are jjust like the hotel was advertised! !
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
It was very good
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Inez
"Nightmare!"
Worse than a nightmare actually, because in a nightmare, I'd have at least been able to sleep! Nothing worked 8th my room but running water--which didn't stop. With the dripping water and the clanging, shrill screeching air conditioning unit, the foul smell, the dirty and holey sheets, and no maid service for 3 days, the only sleep to be had was somehow found by little ones. If it weren't for them, I'd have been far more comfortable in my rental car. There was some guy in and out of several rooms, hanging out with maids watching TV, and I never saw any of them cleaning. He didnt appear to work there. I lugged everything in and out of my room each day because I didnt dare leave anything. I went one and got some clean sheets to put on myself when I had asked and nothing had been done by 11 pm. In spite of the theme parks, the first thing my kids had to say to anyone about our vacation was how gross our hotel was! I had hoped to spend more money on the fun, not the room where we're only sleeping. Never again will I make that mistake! Don't let your kids' memories of a vacation be the disgusting hotel. What a waste!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Angela
"very unconfortable bed"
This was my first and last time to booked at Howard Johnson Express Inn, first the room smell old and carpet was dirty, the bathtub very dirty and the king size bed was so old, hard, I couldn't sleep and the pillows and blankets had yellow stains....looks like they use old furniture and old bed sheets, pillows. When I when to check out at 10:15a.m. the employee (female) was rude she told me to wait cause she was doing something in the computer then she asked me what I need it I told her to check out, ask me the room number then she said ok that's it, I asked her for a receipt and she said NO cause you paid thru Expedia which was kind of weird to me...overall WILL NOT STAY AGAIN.....
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
RGV
"You get what you pay for."
It was very reasonably priced and I didn't expect it to be amazing, but the room smelled terrible and many of the amenities were broken. Would not recommend.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
KB
"bad day"
we got to the room beautiful day tv not working all that day and night bed linen and comforter stained and in bad condition bath tub looked like oil stain you could smell the Clorox the used to try an clean the tub.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
stephen
"It is worth it to pay extra than to stay in HJ"
It was really a bad experience: 1-I was given a handicapped room even tough I did not ask for it. I asked to move on the second floor. No No. 2-Front desk personnel was not cooperative to move me to a different room with too different reasons: No other rooms available and you made your reservation through Expedia! Manager later on called with mean attitude trying to make here point that upper rooms cost more which conflicts with what the front desk personnel said regarding availability. When I told the manager that I just moved in from another hotel that was cooperative moving me to a different room just because I did not like it, she said you should go back to the other hotel!!! A manager who is lacking management 101. 3-Interent was not available on my third and last day the whole day. Why should I pay for it when it is not available?? 4-I sail I want to talk to the manager, the front desk gave me a card. When I called, it was the front desk and she her self answered telling me the manager is not available!!! Talk about weird!!! No more Howard Johnson after this experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Naji
"It was ok"
For the price it's ok. I stayed a week and for some reason they "forgot" to clean my room and pick up the trash. Had to go over to front desk to get clean towels. But it's located in a good area.
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Victor
"ok for the price and only one night"
Almost everything was okay, except the sofa-bed did not come with a blanket and the plumbing was not working properly. The pressure of the water from the sink was so strong we had to put a towel on the counter in order to not get our clothes wet. The shower settings were reversed, for hot water you had to set it on cold and vise versa.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ho-Jo delight."
The staff was very nice there as they helped me out since i booked the wrong date and they were still able to get a very tired person a room for the night. Better than expected compared to other hotels around there the same star level
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"It's ok for price"
Room was a little dirty, no remote control, unless I wanted to reprogram one. It was an ok stay for the price.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
The complex is dated but my room was clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful. Great value for what I paid.
8 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Great hotel!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
jorge mercado
"very nice and clean"
Hotel lobby always smells good and rooms are super clean...Front desk clerks are very friendly and helpful ..I will be back, no question about it!!
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
jorge mercado
"Simple clean and cheap"
Good spot to stop and sleep. Clean and staff was nice. Got an extra hour on checkout with no extra charge.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Smelly, bed sheets dirty and stinky, not clean at"
1st and last time at this hotel. Gives the name of howard johnson bad reputation. Not at all what I expected, with the name of h.j. i expected more.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
linda
"Wouldn't stay here again"
First off rooms were dirty and the shower was stained, "new" "clean" towels that were in the room had lipstick marks on them so had to ask for a complete new set and the pool was practically green so stayed out of that. The guy at the front desk tried charging me twice after I had already payed and booked on hotels.com and even after showing him my confirmation number and card statement where it was taken out of my account I still had to argue for at least 10-15 min before he finally said "yeah your right you did pay". Besides the location being so close to six flags I would not recommend this hotel at all
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
J Garcia
We were pleased to stay at the hotel and we will do it again, Thank you.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Maria Ethredge
"Just a pit stop"
This is just a place to stop when you need to
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
MG
neighbors next door kept slamming door, knocking loud on door and yelling.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Norma Conrad
We spent two nights. Basic Continental Breakfast. Friendly Staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Mickey & Pam
"Price ok... Noise level terrible"
Although the price was reasonable, the noise level was terrible. People were loitering outside their rooms until the early morning hours drinking and being loud. The people above us were extremely loud even AFTER we called and reported the noise to the front office. Will NEVER EVER stay at a Howard Johnson's hotel again.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
D.Harriott
"Budget Friendly Hotel"
This place wasn't all that bad. We have been to better and worse. For the cost don't expect much. It was close to Six Flags and lots of general shops and restraunts near by. We would stay there again if we had to, but next time we will spend a little more and stay somewhere better. The staff was ignorant, so don't expect much. The rooms are rooms, nothing special. Breakfast was lame, with little choices after the family of 12 that stayed in the room next to us destroyed. Beds were nothing special somewere to lay your head and get some sleep.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Ben
"Close to fiesta park,eating, shopping, freeway,gr"
Great stay!!!manager was great!! We had such bad experience with another hotel in Houston 3 was ago, truck broken into,but Manager was worst, very rude I will never stay at one of those hotels ever again.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Nell
you get what you pay for have stayed in worse Howard Johnsons great location near HEB Walmart and Six Flags
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Ruben
"worst hotel ever"
the room was old and out dated the shower was the worst when you shower it gets the whole bathroom wet then walking on the carpet with wet feet then left dirty foot prints in the wet bathroom there were kids playing outside my door way too late definitely not worth the money i have stayed in better rooms for a third of the money i will never use hotels.com again or stay at a howard jonhson ever again i realy think i shoud get a refund
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
ken
"it looked more like a motel 6"
I was very disappointed, door to room didn't locked well, I won't stay there ever again
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Eva
"It's was Horrible! The rooms were NOT Clean!!!"
It was horrible! Rooms were dirty, people were at the front desk complaining of there items being stold from there rooms . We got there late and had to stay one long night in the dirty nasty noisy room with dirty sheets and make up on the towels. Never Stay there!!!!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Horrible!!!!!
I was not expecting a Hotel to be in the conditions it was. The room was not clean all the drawers were super dirty some even had like candy stock to it, bathroom was horrible it seems like if they didn't clean that room for weeks. the coffee makers was incomplete, the filter top was missing. This is not what I expected at all for a Howard Johnson Hotel. I would not recommended at all and I am sure I am never staying there again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Janet
"good hotel"
good value
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Bryan
"NOT HAPPY"
RELATIVE TO THE PRICE I PAID FOR THIS ROOM. THIS WAS A COMPLETE ROBERY. I AM DISSAPOINTED IN HOTELS. COM THAT THEY WOULD HAVE BOOKD ME IN A HOTEL OF SUCH LOW QUALITY AT THE PRICE THEY DID.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
BEN
"Worst hotel ever"
Worst place I've ever paid money to stay in. Toilet was backed up shower was broken restroom was dirty a/c was broken carpet was dirty beds were very uncomfortable very old. When I asked to get another room they said no, then I asked to cancel the other night they said no. Worst experience ever.
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Angel s perez
"Don't stay here"
Hotel needs remodeling, new towels, pillows, and sheets. The only good thing was the proximity to The Shops at La Cantera.
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not What Is Shown"
This hotel has posted pictures that are not of the actual rooms. Our room was shabby and dirty. The towels were so thin they wouldn't dry you off and the bottom of the bathtub was black. I've stayed in some older hotels that were more than acceptable but this Howard Johnsons is NOT.
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014