All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
13279 Hwy 10 W, San Antonio, TX, 78249, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"completly RUDE"
nasty nothing clean our room was not even ready people where no help .... bathroom was dirty
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
The staff was pleasant and did what they could to accommodate, the only thing pleasant I can say about the stay
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Bad choise"
The hotel is located next to I 10 hwy far to downtown the hotel staff aré very rude and unhelp if you request for information about the city
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
traveler
"nice price! !!!"
Very nice person in the front desk very helpful no problem with the hotel just the horrible traffic to get there ohhh i really like the price cheap! !
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Maria
"bad experience"
When I first arrived at the hotel, my husband and I waited about 30 minutes for someone to check us in. There was absolutely no one in the lobby or behind the desk to attend to customers. My family and I stayed in this hotel for two nights and they did not have washcloths the whole weekend. The first night the room only had two wash cloths in the bathroom for four people. I called down to the front desk and they said they had wash cloths, so I sent my son down to get the wash cloths, but when he came back to the room he was given hand towels. I thought that the guy at the front desk didn't know what washcloths were, but my son told me that he told him that they ran out of wash cloths. The next day I asked housekeeping if they had washcloths and they told me that all of the wash cloths were in the laundry. When we came back to the room later that day, there were only two wash cloths in the bathroom, so I called the front desk and asked for wash cloths. Once again the front desk said they had wash cloths, so I went down to the front desk to get the wash cloths. The front desk guy was giving me towels again and I told him that I needed washcloths and he said they ran out and I could get washcloths the next day. He told me to use the towels to wash up with. I then told the front desk guy that this was unacceptable and they did not have wash clothes the other night. Needless to say for the two nights that we stayed at this hotel, we had to use towels to wash up with and t
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
sharonda
"I love the mini fridge and microwave!"
Cheap and nice. Way better then like motel 6. The extra stuff like the microwave and fridge make you feel more at home and comfortabl. It's a plus for sure.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
danni
"Only as a last resort."
Unfortunately, our stay was not the greatest. The hotel needs some work. The room smelled funny and the bathroom was so bad we placed towels on the floor before we took off our socks. The bed, thankfully, was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a joke. For the price we paid, I expected more.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Cynthia
"SO. SO"
Too much noise while I was trying to sleep due to road construction
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Patrick
"NASTY!"
Horrible!!! The room was disgusting and unclean. Breakfast was gross. Will never go back or recommend.
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Hannah
"will definitely stay again"
The workers are very nice and the room was very nice but they need to clean the floors a little better
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"nope"
rock hard bed, sinks coating coming offf....eeeckkk...cant get to it road constuction
2 night trip Feb 7, 2015
david
"Great waffles:)"
This hotels breakfast is good and freash. I stayed in 2diffrent rooms one smoking and orher nonsmoking, and both rooms were nice comfterble bed. The dezavela area is very nice too only thng is alot if poeple stay there so patking in the evening is full.
2 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Brittany
"ok for the money"
Ok for the price, service very poor.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
Fernando
"Good for the price"
The only thing I didn't like was the cardio/fitness room. The treadmill and the elliptical were broken. Also, there were a lot of lingerers outside, but other than that it was decent and I would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Valarie
"Our stay"
Great room but the bed was very uncomfortable. Hard to get to from highway due to all the construction.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Danielle
"Medical visit"
Other than all of the construction in the general area, it was great!
3 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
mary
"no maam"
Bed was hard and blankets had stains..
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Thank you!!"
Great staff. Very helpful!
4 night trip Jan 12, 2015
"Everything was great for price."
Everything was great for the price . No complaints
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Don
"Dirty rooms"
Online it looks really nice, the room I stayed in smelled bad, dirty carpet, sheets were dirty, very old bathroom. Needs to be remodeled and cleaned.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Rebecca
"no HOJO for me"
the second worse hotel ever. the room looked as if it had not had a deep cleaning in years. the chairs were stained. the tub had mold. the entire place smelled awful. never ever again at any HOJO!!!!!
5 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
hazel
"Good for the price."
There were cigarette burns on our comforter, and the bath tub was chipping away. The staff was great and friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Good stay!"
Very good stay, I was shocked it was as nice as it was for the price. Definitely staying here again if I am ever in the SA area.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Kaitlyn
"Hotel needed updates"
It was a good one. Nothing to be excited about but for the cost it was convenient for my stay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Overnight in San Antonio"
Our usual stay when traveling through San Antonio. Decent room for an overnight stay - a place to sleep, shower, and move on. Breakfast holds you over until you get to a breakfast restaurant. The hotel seemed to be undergoing a small renovation - good because the mattress we slept on needed to be replaced. Night clerk this time was very pleasant and helpful, not like the previous time we stayed here. Previous night clerk, maybe related to the owner, always acted like your presence annoyed him.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Thumbs down"
Would not stay here again
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"overall good stay"
Overall good nite stay, place was very quite and nice only feed back was the the exit to place because of the work on the express way but the places fault, would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Juan
"nice hotel not the quality of SPA"
the room it's small and all the things inside are old, not the quality for and SPA. the don't have SPA. good for the night
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
dan
"Pass this one up ..."
Dirty rooms ... rude and untrained staff.
5 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
Carolyn
"don't stay there"
sink was dirty, tub and surround looked dirty, phone cord was cut before i was there, asked to get replaced, never happened, so i had no phone to call home. left tag on door for housekeeping, never happened. tv reception bad. sheets did not fit bed, so if you moved sheets would bunch up. no soap or coffee where replenished, just not a place i would stay again or recommend.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
jim
"Acceptable but never again"
The manager in the morning shift (female at front desk) has a bad attitude. I will never stay there even when the rest of the experience was acceptable.
3 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Jose Manuel
"Decent hotel for a decent price!"
I stayed there for 5 nights and it was really good for the price! Staff was very friendly (especially Davey). Internet is a pretty good speed, & the tv had a good amount of channels. The only negatives I can think of was the treadmill didn't work and the mountain climber machines wasn't working properly, but that wasn't a really big deal. Oh, and at one point in my stay some trucker kept their diesel truck idling right near my apartment and it made the room smell for a short while (since the ac unit brings air from the outside your room). But overall, it was a very pleasant stay!
5 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
"SA Business trip"
very poor internet service breakfast frozen donuts no fruit
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
MD
"Horrible and Filthy"
From the moment I arrived, I knew something was wrong. I went to check into the motel before 9pm and found the door locked. Several other quests arrived just after me and were equally frustrated with this finding. After motioning to the clerk through the window, I expected her to buzz me in. Instead she motioned for me to conduct my business through the glass window. Appalled but tired, I did just that. Driving around to my room I was disappointed to find the lighting poor and the room numbers difficult to see. Furthermore, parking was very limited and I was not able to park where I would have a view of my vehicle from my room. Upon entering my room on the second floor (by way of the stairs as I didn't see an elevator), I became even more disappointed to find the room extremely outdated and poorly decorated. Upon further inspection, I found the refrigerator unplugged and being defrosted and the bedding inadequate. When I inspected the bathroom, I found the bathtub so filthy I wasn't comfortable with the thought of using it. I washed up in the sink instead. If I was Howard Johnson, I'd remove my name from this "establishment."
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
Kathleen
"Nightmare Stay"
Terrible stay. When the room was booked the advertisement of hotel looked nice but it was not , Hotels. Com needs to make sure these hotels being offered are suitable for families , this one is too old , holes in the walls & tables, noise outside until 3 am and room doors hard to close & tv remote don' t work, parking lot needs better lighting, bath room smelled, carpet dirty , pillows did have protective covers, linens old , so thin ready to tear. Horrible stay , glad it was only a 1 nite stay Hotels.com needs to make sure these hotels offered are sutaible since we can't cancel or get money back. I feel we should have the right to select the hotel we want & information & pictures are jjust like the hotel was advertised! !
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
It was very good
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Inez
"Nightmare!"
Worse than a nightmare actually, because in a nightmare, I'd have at least been able to sleep! Nothing worked 8th my room but running water--which didn't stop. With the dripping water and the clanging, shrill screeching air conditioning unit, the foul smell, the dirty and holey sheets, and no maid service for 3 days, the only sleep to be had was somehow found by little ones. If it weren't for them, I'd have been far more comfortable in my rental car. There was some guy in and out of several rooms, hanging out with maids watching TV, and I never saw any of them cleaning. He didnt appear to work there. I lugged everything in and out of my room each day because I didnt dare leave anything. I went one and got some clean sheets to put on myself when I had asked and nothing had been done by 11 pm. In spite of the theme parks, the first thing my kids had to say to anyone about our vacation was how gross our hotel was! I had hoped to spend more money on the fun, not the room where we're only sleeping. Never again will I make that mistake! Don't let your kids' memories of a vacation be the disgusting hotel. What a waste!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Angela
"very unconfortable bed"
This was my first and last time to booked at Howard Johnson Express Inn, first the room smell old and carpet was dirty, the bathtub very dirty and the king size bed was so old, hard, I couldn't sleep and the pillows and blankets had yellow stains....looks like they use old furniture and old bed sheets, pillows. When I when to check out at 10:15a.m. the employee (female) was rude she told me to wait cause she was doing something in the computer then she asked me what I need it I told her to check out, ask me the room number then she said ok that's it, I asked her for a receipt and she said NO cause you paid thru Expedia which was kind of weird to me...overall WILL NOT STAY AGAIN.....
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
RGV
"You get what you pay for."
It was very reasonably priced and I didn't expect it to be amazing, but the room smelled terrible and many of the amenities were broken. Would not recommend.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
KB
"bad day"
we got to the room beautiful day tv not working all that day and night bed linen and comforter stained and in bad condition bath tub looked like oil stain you could smell the Clorox the used to try an clean the tub.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
stephen
"It is worth it to pay extra than to stay in HJ"
It was really a bad experience: 1-I was given a handicapped room even tough I did not ask for it. I asked to move on the second floor. No No. 2-Front desk personnel was not cooperative to move me to a different room with too different reasons: No other rooms available and you made your reservation through Expedia! Manager later on called with mean attitude trying to make here point that upper rooms cost more which conflicts with what the front desk personnel said regarding availability. When I told the manager that I just moved in from another hotel that was cooperative moving me to a different room just because I did not like it, she said you should go back to the other hotel!!! A manager who is lacking management 101. 3-Interent was not available on my third and last day the whole day. Why should I pay for it when it is not available?? 4-I sail I want to talk to the manager, the front desk gave me a card. When I called, it was the front desk and she her self answered telling me the manager is not available!!! Talk about weird!!! No more Howard Johnson after this experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Naji
"It was ok"
For the price it's ok. I stayed a week and for some reason they "forgot" to clean my room and pick up the trash. Had to go over to front desk to get clean towels. But it's located in a good area.
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Victor
"ok for the price and only one night"
Almost everything was okay, except the sofa-bed did not come with a blanket and the plumbing was not working properly. The pressure of the water from the sink was so strong we had to put a towel on the counter in order to not get our clothes wet. The shower settings were reversed, for hot water you had to set it on cold and vise versa.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ho-Jo delight."
The staff was very nice there as they helped me out since i booked the wrong date and they were still able to get a very tired person a room for the night. Better than expected compared to other hotels around there the same star level
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"It's ok for price"
Room was a little dirty, no remote control, unless I wanted to reprogram one. It was an ok stay for the price.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
The complex is dated but my room was clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful. Great value for what I paid.
8 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Great hotel!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
jorge mercado
"very nice and clean"
Hotel lobby always smells good and rooms are super clean...Front desk clerks are very friendly and helpful ..I will be back, no question about it!!
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
jorge mercado
"Simple clean and cheap"
Good spot to stop and sleep. Clean and staff was nice. Got an extra hour on checkout with no extra charge.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Smelly, bed sheets dirty and stinky, not clean at"
1st and last time at this hotel. Gives the name of howard johnson bad reputation. Not at all what I expected, with the name of h.j. i expected more.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014