All hotels in Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
12777 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA, 22033, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

Good internet service
    Room is all right
    Poor vibe
"Disappointed with food service/hotel accommodation"
Our hotel stay included 2 free breakfasts; for my wife and I. Once we almost done eating the waiter comes over and gives us a check. My wife and I looked at each other like there has to be something wrong b/c we didn't expect to have to pay for our breakfast and didn't bring money down from our room with us. So I go to the front desk to let them know what happened so they are not thing we're just walking out without paying; that our breakfast was included with our stay! The front desk clerk says" they always do that and we will just apply it to your room and adjust it from there! I was furious and at the same time embarrassed bc they came up to me chasing me down outside the restaurant looking for me to pay!!! So this should have been communicated from the front desk to the restaurant immediately after I'd spoke with the front desk clerk!!! it also needs to be stated that you cannot bring your breakfasts back to your hotel room. If there is t any seating I have to wait for a table to open and remain hungry and I can have a seat to eat!! I was told very rudely that I am not allowed to bring food out of the restaurant after asking for a To-go plate for my food!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"It was ok"
Originally I had a room on the 5th floor however, when I went to shower, I noticed there were dirty towels all over the top of the shower curtain. When I complained, I was moved to the 11th to a room that has hardly any towels and a non-working iron. When we asked for another iron, it took almost 45 minutes and 3 calls because we were going to be late. The breakfast was just ok and unless it came with the room, it really wasn't worth the cost.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
The walls were very thin. I was able to hear someone talking on the phone through the walls in the morning. I can also hear the housekeeping talking and knocking and shutting doors even though the bed is in the furthest corner of the room. The "premium" breakfast was just regular continental breakfast you could get in any other hotel:powdered eggs, processed meat etc. Except it wasn't complimentary. Channels on the TV kept disappearing, which was so weird. The rooms are very spacious however and we had a good time in the pool and the hot tub downstairs.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"weekend with college aged daugher"
The Hyatt name speaks for itself but I don't think this hotel reflects well of the company. Rooms were very dated, lobby and other areas were very nice. Breakfast buffet was not worth the price. I observed wait staff handle clean dishes with their fingers inside the coffee cups; health dept would have a hay day. With this being said the price for the room was below the norm so it's another case of "you get what you pay for"
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Cindy
"Soft Bed"
somewhat not at all satisfied. got in late, took a shower, and got ready for bed to find out that the bed was softer than soft. I was roomed at the 8th floor but feeling the other part of my body was down low because of the soft bed. otherwise the room was very quiet and atmosphere was great. perhaps "sleep number bed" maybe required.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Narciso
"Hyatt hotel"
Very good.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
"Very nice hotel. Good price"
Everything was good in this hotel. Except there were people in the hall way talking loud after midnight so me and my wife couldn't sleep. I'm not sure if they were people from next room or the staff.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
NASSER
"Fair fax Hyatt"
Good hotel, value for money But beware of the free breakfast at the time of booking the breakfast staff might be confused and want to charge you
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Mani
"Thank you"
Fantastic service and room for a reasonable price. Many thanks.
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
Marion
The hotel is good because of the aera every thing like Walmart restaurant mall will be found in the same area But the but the hotel will charge you about 40 dollars as deposit And you have to wait 2 weeks
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Great Place To Stay In Fairfax"
It was all great. The included breakfast buffet was a nice benefit to an already great deal.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
Rocky
"Pretty nice, except for the awkward pool hours"
Room was clean and comfy. It was set up weirdly with the beds on opposite sides of the room and a tv that swiveled so only one bed could watch at a time. The breakfast was lovely and the beds were comfortable. Bathroom was not very large. The pool hours were odd. It closed at 6 p.m. and did not open on Monday until 5 p.m. (even though monday was a holiday) I was told it was because lifeguards were required, so they only opened during peak hours. I understand but when you travel with kids, a pool makes life really nice and they should open until at least 8. I guess it would be nice if they were more accommodating in that regard.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"A wonderful stay in Hotel everi"
I enjoyed my stay at Fairfax Hyatt Fair Lakes from the moment I stepped into the lobby till I had a super fresh deliciously prepared breakfast I will surely recommend this location to anyone, thanks! Fairfax Hyatt Fair Lakes
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Ben
My guess is this is not one of the better Hyatt Hotels. There did not seem to be a lot of activity [business], and the place is a little worn and ready for a refresh [in my opinion]. The fitness room was excellent! I would have a appreciated a safe in my room. The grounds and parking area were good.
2 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
Was excellent
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
Kenesha
"OK..Not great"
Room was clean but the hotel is VERY understaffed. No one at the front dest or in the cafe. No help with luggage. No security. The $3.00 charge for room service is tacky.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Anon
This was my 4th stay at the hotel and like always was nice
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"great experience"
I was at your hotel for business. Room was clean, staff was great. Nice atmosphere. Planning to stay again for a weekend getaway.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
"good deal"
the room was nice and big, very good service at the front desk. I was really happy to get the free breakfast. the only negative point I would highlight is that they had small bathrooms
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Nice hotel; reasonable weekend rates"
Nice place and accommodating staff. Very reasonable weekend rates. We enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
LIsa
"DC vacation."
Few of the employers could speak English so you could understand them. The breakfast was powdered eggs the best part was out of a box or carton. The room had a TV that was viewable from one bed. Poor room layouts. It was easy to find and get on and off the expressways.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Ronald
Nice hotel. Great breakfast
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to fair lakes shopping center"
The only thing I didn't like was that the sealing or and the window frames of the room are very noisy and there is a sound that came from them! Like someone walking on a wood floor or a tree that swings! Other than that the hotel was very good!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Not recommended
"Nice facility and great service!"
The hotel was great and very close to my destination. Not to mention, the complimentary breakfast was amazing. And, the service was OUTSTANDING. Amy was wonderful and a tremendous help.
Adonis
"nice hotel a bit dated"
hotel was nice beds comfy but the breakfast was horrible... buffet was cold.. waiter tried to warm up french toast but it was hard.. worst part the fee was $30 thank goodness it was included in price for hotel.. other than that cant complain
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Loud guests, no help from staff"
Overall the hotel is OK. The discount price from Expedia made it worth it. Would never pay the $149 regular price for the room. We were on the second floor that was inhabited with many people that had no regard to their volume or time of day. Children running down the hall, adults speaking loudly with each other in the hall, slamming doors, etc. This went on until after midnight despite a call to the front desk and after personally requesting their compliance with noise policy. When I finally got to sleep, again at about 2AM, loud talking/door slamming. Not much sleep. The beds are comfortable and the room was clean. The furniture is older and worn. Water pressure and temperature were very good. I would not stay here again though.
"Pleasant Stay"
This is a very nice Hyatt and the hotel staff was quite pleasant and helpful in getting us set up. Although we were put in a room across the hall from where a party was going on it wasn't noisy in our room at all. The buffet breakfast was good and there is a nice lounge as well plus a small shop where you can buy snacks. The hotel's located near some apartments and a large shopping center. The shopping center offers many different eateries to suit most needs. I do have 2 small quibbles with the hotel. First, in this day and age there should be no reason to be subjected to standard definition analog TV. The video quality was terrible. I'm not sure if the pay per view movies were in SD as well but all the previews were. We wanted to connect a laptop to the TV via HDMI in order to watch Netflix but the menu and input buttons on the TV were disabled. The second issue is the parking lot. I have no idea why they don't have lines painted in the parking lot! Instead there are faded diamonds painted with no explanation as to whether you're meant to park between the diamonds or on them or what. Because of this people basically make there own spots so you'll encounter areas where people will not leave enough room for you to park. It was rather annoying. Overall it's a very nice hotel, just be aware of TV situation and the parking lot.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Raymond
Nice place for an overnight business trip.
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
Stephen
Nice hotel, Breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Good Value, Clean Rooms"
Overall acceptable experience, we decided we'd try other locations in the area next time we have to stay the weekend. Smell of gas in the lobby due to a cookout; the hotel appeared to be mainly reserved for wedding parties, receptions and other hotel.com guests. Lots of people at the front desk with complaints about the hotel claiming to have amenities it did not, but we didn't have that experience. The rooms were very clean, the hotel soaps and lotions were a favorite high-end brand of mine. The breakfast buffet was much better than similar hotels where all they offer is yogurt, stale pastry, and powdered eggs. Although, we could have taken the complimentary shuttle, we chose to walk the five minutes over to the local plaza with lots of chain restaurants like Blue Iguana and Joe's Crab Shack.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, shopping and close to highway"
It was a nice hotel, a little confusing getting into at first, but inside it was nice, the interior of the room could use a touch up, but in general it was clean and comfortable
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"never go here"
bad experience
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Ishmael
"Nica hotel but crowded lobby"
Arrived in our car at the same time three tour buses rolled in. Made getting in and out a bit congested. Room was great and clean along with a nice breakfast. Great price too
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Don
"Smell of mold ,wet carpet"
The room set up was weird. .the bathroom sink was separate from the toilet and bathtub area. the sink was located by the bedroom which that area is all covered with carpet..there was a leak in the sink making the carpet soak and wet and smelling like mold. ..
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Great!!!"
It was nice to get to the hotel and find everything ready for us. Breakfast was great! My only complaint - the coffee was very strong but we took care of it. We took a half cup of coffee and then used more milk. Other than that, it was a treat to have breakfast ready when we went down. Thanks for the great service!
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Joan
"Nice Place - Will Stay Here Again!"
The front desk staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The hotel lobby was well decorated and appealing. But, the hallways leading to the guest rooms were dated and appeared worn. However, the rooms themselves were more modern and looked nicer. The sofa in the sitting area was sort of "sterile" - it was not comfortable at all. But, served the purpose. We did have someone on our hallway smoking in their room, which according to hotel policy is forbidden. We called the front desk the 2nd time we smelled it (because it was obviously not just someone passing thru who had just smoked) and we never smelled it again. For the price, you can't beat it - and it's in a great location, convenient to a lot of stores and restaurants.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
JACOB
Wonderful stay at the hotel.The staff was very nice and pleasant.I would recommend your hotel to my family and friends.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
our stay
"Nice hotel great mountain views"
Clean, nice hotel very, friendly staff, nice pool clean close to everything
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
LJ
Nice hotel near the freeway and shopping. The room was fairly large and clean. All the staff we interacted with were kind. Large parking lot and wifi was an acceptable speed.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Comfortable hotel near Reston"
The breakfast was convenient and offered a wide variety to choose from. The hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Breakfast was great! Our room could have used some updating!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Hal
"I wouldn't have expected this from a Hyatt"
It's difficult to remember when hotel staff treated me so indifferently. I arrived after a late flight. At midnight, the receptionist kept interrupting my check-in to take phone calls from various guests. Another receptionist arrived, ignored me, and kept me waiting longer by engaging the first receptionist in conversation. At breakfast, I had a nice dish of oatmeal. That's right--a dish. No bowls. I had to ask a buffet attendant for my waitress so I could order coffee. A waitress arrived after three minutes, took my coffee order, and never came back. Another waiter came by, took my order, and reappeared after five minutes. No healthy selections, no low-fat items. The bill never came, and thus I escaped paying $14 for my dish of oatmeal and one coffee. A bus tour was leaving that morning. There was no sign of bellmen; the busload of people was taking their own luggage downstairs via one of three very slow elevators. This place doesn't deserve your business. Or mine.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Water at the hotel went off while i was in the shower. I called the front desk only to know that the building engineer is aware about the situation and they apologize for the inconvenience. I would never stay here !!! The hotel furniture looks very outdated as well !!!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
"Selling motel rooms under the name of Hyatt"
I was very disappointed with Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. It was like they are selling motel rooms under the name of Hyatt! We had two rooms and one had a strong pungent smell near the sink and bathroom. When I called they brought me a air fresher, they were completely booked that night. The carpet near the sink was sticky as well. In the morning when I went to take a shower, the bathtub was dirty, had hair and dirt all over. I was sick to the stomach! I have stayed at other Hyatt hotels overseas as well and never had such horrible experience. The other room smell like a smoking room. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Farzana
"Wouldn't recommend"
Old rooms , outdated bathrooms, Very limited in room facilities Had an unpleasant stay,
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Nice hotel, great for large groups"
The hotel was nice. Needs a little updating and sprucing up. It seems like an ideal place for conferences and large groups. Safe and quiet area.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Annoyed and Disappointed"
Overall the Hotel was nice and the room was very spacious and comfortable for a great price. The problem came when I realized that the rooms are either Too close or the walls are Too thin. Yesterday was my birthday and i wanted to share a few laughs and hang with friends in my room before heading out. Not even 10 minutes into people arriving we were getting noise complaints and the manager had to come upstairs. The music was turned down fairly low but even then guests complained that we were Talking too loud. I Never want to stay in a hotel where i cant even Laugh. Ultimately I take the fault for this because I should have researched and visited the hotel before booking and maybe I would have realized this is a place where you have to sit in your room and whisper.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Quiet and clean."
Room and bed comfortable, we stayed four nights. Room was quiet, cool, nice view of area, since we were on 10th floor.
4 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Carl
My family loved everything about this hotel... Great hotel and amazing weekend value
Other trip Jul 21, 2015