All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
501 Geary St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lacking Cohesive Guest Experience"
This hotel recently changed to Hotel Marker. We waited for almost 90 minutes to be checked into our room. The front desk said that the room was ready earlier but "their system failed and did not send us the automated message" to tell us it was ready. What really irked me is that we were literally sitting 5 feet from the front desk and I could see the agents that were "helping" us weren't really even paying attention. We were finally checked in to our "junior suite" and were very disappointed. Long story short, the super sweet bellman got us moved up to a better room the next night (which was really just a room next door that was a little bigger), but the damage was already done. The walls were super thin, the A/C didn't work well, the room service and food situation was bad. Overall, NOT what I expected from a 4+ star hotel. We went with this place instead of a known brand, but will be going back to the Westin for future stays in San Francisco because we know what we will get from them.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Marvelous Marker!"
What a wonderful place, all my stays from here on will be there. The staff was warm, welcoming and extremely knowledgable and kind. Coffee hit the spot every morning coming up from the gorgeous gym!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Jill
"top hotel"
wonderfully friendly staff, loved the funky fresh room designs. Cool location for going out at night
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Business in the bay"
Beautiful hotel. Nice change from a Marriott or Sheraton. Lovely lobby space Only thing missing was a coffee maker in the room / you had to go down to lobby
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Good times"
It was a great stay the room is super small as well as the bathroom. I felt so cramped together for the amount that was paid.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Ranjeeta
"Love this hotel"
Just like photos and very friendly staff
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
"Wonderful!!!"
Wonderful hotel. Will definitely stay there again. Wonderful ambience. Very polite and helpful staff. Take note, they are now called the Marker. We didn't want our stay to end.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Sheri
"Great downtown hotel, with a historic vibe"
We had a great stay at the Monaco. Would consider staying at the same location in the future.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Frederick
"Beautiful Boutique Hotel!"
Our trip to SF was wonderful and the hotel was perfect! It's located in a convenient location, the staff were very friendly and they provided excellent suggestions for local restaurants. We would stay here again!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Denise
"Union Square Central - great stay"
For business, clean hotel, great free coffee and wine bar mornings and nights.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Wedding weekend"
In town for a wedding! The hotel was a perfect location. Staff was very accommodating! Restaurant and bar were great!
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Cathy
"Book of Mormon weekend"
The wife and I came in for the weekend to see The Book of Mormon (which was hilarious) and stayed at The Monaco for 3 nights. We used to enjoy their old bar, The Grand Cafe, for a drink whenever we were in the Union Square neighborhood. Upon pulling up, we were quickly greeted and helped with our luggage. The service was impeccable! Checked into our room quickly and easily. The room was perfect. Linens and towels were clean and soft. As with all Kimptons, the complimentary wine reception was great. I was bummed that online reviews indicated that The Grand Cafe was closed and would be reopening with a new name and concept. I wasn't expecting it to be open at all, but their new bar/restaurant BDK (the initials of the Kimpton founder). Drinks were great as was the beef jerky app! I tried the pistachio cocktail. Not normally my thing, but it was delicious! Great trip! We will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Matthew
"Friendly staff"
Friendly staff. Great bar/restaurant in the BDK adjacent to downstairs lobby. Rooms are old and do not appear to be very well maintained.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Rahul
"Union Square Comfort"
My Husband and I loved our stay at the Monaco. Excellent location, The room was small but great condition, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and attentive. We would definitely stay again!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Pamela
"Stylish Boutique Hotel"
Lukewarm water, and little water pressure during my stay. I felt it was way overpriced for what it was. Service in restaurant ok. Wine hour is a nice touch.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Comforting Escape in San Francisco"
From the moment I arrived I was greeted warmly by the staff. My room was just lovely and not at all that standard dodgy hotel look. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Excellent Unique Boutique hotel"
Excellent hotel. Our first stay at a Kimpton property. Loved it! Hotel is beautiful. Room had a fun unique vibe. Front desk staff was amazing with some good tips for future stays. We also ate at the new (?) BDK restaurant attached to the hotel. Great breakfast! Will stay here again.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Nice hotel near Union Square."
Pleasure for this trip. Nice bar and mixologists. All staff very helpful. Great location too.
Other trip May 19, 2015
53 y/o male.
"Clean, updated hotel close to Market Street"
We came to SF for business and pleasure and were very pleased with the accomodations. The hotel is on the corner of Geary and Taylor and within walking distance to Market Street and Union Square. If you don't mind a longer walk you can easily get to Chinatown and the SF Ferry Building at Pier 41. It was a little far for us to walk to Fisherman's Wharf. A cab from there was around $10. There were also many shops and restaurants on Geary. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Gave us restaurant recommendations when asked. (Sent us up the block to Honey, Honey Cafe which was wonderful.) Coffee and tea were provided in the lobby area in the morning and wine was offered in the evening. The lobby area was very clean, updated and well maintained. There were a couple of lounge areas with fireplaces were there always seemed to be a few people. The room was clean and updated. The bathroom was very clean as well and the housecleaning staff were friendly and thorough. The neighborhood felt safe; although we learned to avoid Taylor and stay on Geary at night. Alot more homeless and sketchy people there at that time. Overall, we were extremely pleased and will plan to stay there again if our travels take us back to SF.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Kristi
"Comfy cozy stay"
It was super fun and relaxing. The room was cozy and comfy. The only thing I would suggest is to get the room service going for the new restaurant. That was one thing missing from the experience because the restaurant is amazing!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Business Trip"
Stayed at the Monaco for 5 nights while on Business. Room was on the smaller side but so are most in San Fran. Hotel was comfortable and offered free wifi, gym, wine hour, and coffee each morning. I was on the 7th floor away from street noise so felt quiet at night. Room was spotless - housekeeping does a great job! Even changed my sheets one day when I asked. All in all a great stay.
5 night business trip May 3, 2015
Andres
"perfect central location"
We stayed here for our anniversary and felt really looked after by the staff who were really warm and welcoming. They helped us with booking restaurants, trips etc. It was a lovely hotel, clean, modern and a great spot to walk around everywhere. Gym was nice too (there is no steam room/ spa area anymore) Free tea and coffee in the morning and wine hour is a bonus. BDK restaurant was ok - there are a lot better options out and about eg 'Jane' is a 5 min walk and for brunch is just amazing.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Simone
"Perfect place to stay in the City!"
Love, love, love this hotel. The décor is stylish and fun...the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and the new restaurant is wonderful. I was so impressed that I purchased a get-a-way as a thank-you for my Office Manager for Administrative Assistant Day. 5 Stars!
1 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
Patti
"Enjoyable stay"
The hotel is in a great location and offers great amenities and service.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Douglas
Great hotel and staff. Service was top notch.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Ryan
Great location! With in walking distance of about everything. You will want to take advantage of valet service,as parking is a problem. Expect $69 fee.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Lyle
"Avg SF Hotel"
First I am a huge fan of Kimpton Hotels.......staying at them all over the country. This hotel and the room I stayed in were not the high end and finishes that I have experienced at other Kimpton properties. From the bathroom fixtures to the decor, it's a Kimpton, but needs work. The bar was redone and is beautiful, but the paint and much of the interior of the hotel seem to need a refresh. It is really in the Tenderloin outside of Union Square.
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"1st Visit of Many to Come"
I truly enjoyed this hotel. The customer service was excellent. Having the restaurant onsite was an added bonus!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Nicole
"Play day in Frisco"
Staff was very hospitable and welcoming. Location is excellent and the room was very clean.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
chris
"Weekend getaway to SF"
Somewhat disappointed from past Hotel Monaco visits. No water or coffee in room. Bathroom needs updating. TV isn't HD. Etc
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Hotel Monaco is a lovely , a little quirky hotel. We loved the comfortable room, the decor, the wine hour and the breakfast (not included in the price).
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Was ONCE Awesome...now TERRIBLE"
I've stayed at this hotel around 20 times and it has been great! But this time it was terrible. It took 40 minutes to check in because they couldn't find my reservation. I used to be very impressed by the front desk, smooth service, sophisticated, but replaced by average and a bad attitude. Once I checked in, my room was nice but worn. Same with the elevators and hotel space overall. For almost $400 per night, I have higher expectations. However the huge disappointment was there was no room service and they took the coffee makers out of the rooms. They overhauled the previous restaurant and replaced it with a menu that was underwhelming to say the least. As a business traveler, this was a big negative. They gave me a list of restaurants that deliver but the ordering process so complicated I punted. I went to the grocery store across the street to buy a sandwich, but didn't as they looked expired. I eventually caved at ate the restaurant, hoping for the best but was again disappointed. The server was AMAZING, but the place loud, food sub par and very expensive. lastly the cost to valet park your car overnight was over $50, yowzah. I highly doubt I'll be staying there again. My advice, for the money, go somewhere else. Not worth it.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
J
"Business Stay"
Hotel was really nice and the room was large enough and comfortable. Really enjoyed the restaurant BDK and the Fitness center was very nice for a hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
RYAN
The Hotel Monaco is a very nice boutique hotel located only a few blocks from Union Square. It also has a very nice new bar and restaurant inside the hotel so you can explore the city or choose to "cocoon" if you want ;-)
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Alexus
"Good Location - Great Staff"
Love the Kimpton Hotels - great stay -- good location - Valet for the Car was a bit expensive
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"very nice, not too big hotel in the centre ow town"
room was small but suffient. Staff very peasant. Design is well balanced. Very good bar. Dogs allowed :-)
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Mountain Man
"Great hotel."
Excellent restaurant, friendly staff, great location.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Loved it in every way!"
Visited SF with a friend for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. The hotel was perfect- gorgeous, clean, hospitable staff, lovely on-site restaurant, great centralized location. Will definitely return on another trip to SF!
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Lora
"Gr8 SF stay!"
Excellent hotel! Well located with excellent service
5 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Neil
"disappointed when I walk into my room"
The room is super small, Expedia rates this hotel 4.5, I totally don't think so. This hotel didn't even have a sliper when I asked for it, you have to pay extra for tooth brush, and even shower cap is not really in the room for you. Hotle is old, and the pillow coverage is all wrinkle, it make me feels like it's not "fresh" like the other hotles. I paid for two night, and I check out 1 day early even they wouldn't reture the money back to me.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
blair
"Heavey beds, worth the extra cash, Launch spot"
SUCH A GOOD HOTEL. Walk-in fireplace, free excellent coffee (really wish so it was available a bit longer). We forgot our free fishbowl!!! :( check out farm:table around the corner for breakfast, ferry building for morning LUNCH at the farmers market and a bike rental day (you can easily bike the Golden Gate Bridge and take the ferry back), dim sum in Chinatown. I was glad we made time to walk down Geary to JapanTown, didn't gave te to take the concierge suggested route up Hayes street to tour around. All very accessible. Use Uber! Much cheaper than cabs in SF. Beds were heaven but I have the complaint about all down comforters -- too hot under and too cold without it. Hack the system for a perfect temp -- mid weight blanket at the foot of the bed plus sheet. A peek at the King rooms seemed to suggest they are rather tight but the double room was a great size. I looked at ALOT of extremely grim and slightly depressing hotels before going with the Kimpton, you can't go wrong here. I recommend getting out of Union Square as much as possible; eat your way through Chinatown, get a cheap foot massage, 24th, 22nd, Valencia in the Mission, Delores Park, all are a good way to see a few more normal person neighborhoods
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Kristin
Was in town for a conference so spent little time in the room.. Room was small but neat. Liked the in room refrigerator. The safe was wide enough for my laptop. Easy walk to Moscone Center.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Avoid during renovation and if u lik to sleep late"
The hotel looks great outside and in, but they are renovating the restaurant so: 1. There is no room service. We were planning on having breakfast in bed Saturday morning. 2. They started testing the fire alarm Saturday at 9am Also, the room service started doing rounds Saturday at 8:30am or so, and not only they woke us up, but were very noisy taking care of other rooms that we could not sleep more. The room / bed / cleanness as such were great.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Marcelo3d
"Res.."
I was not satisfied with the restaurant being closed! No breakfast. Just some donuts! Also 55 bucks to park your car over night is stupid. I feel the breakfast and parking should come with the room. Oxford suites is far better!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
frank
"Quick overnight in San Fran."
Checked in at the start of wine reception. It was very nice. Friendly staff. Checked bags next day to do some sight seeing. Convenient, lots of parking nearby, close to union square. Great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
barbara
"Under renovation?"
No room service, no restaurant, no bar--while they are renovating. To make up for it, they have free pastries and coffee in the morning, but you have to make sure you bring the ticket they give you at check-in before they will give you a pastry. A bit annoying and odd since they should be catering to guests who travel for business. They have a wine reception, but if you are not there by 6:00pm sharp, you are out of luck. On the upside there is plenty to do within walking distance.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Lives up to Kimpton standards"
Wonderful visit, great location, very friendly staff...even very friendly fellow travelers. Comfortable bed, quiet surroundings (even the elevator which we were near)--slept like a rock. Only down side: in this day and age, they still charge for computer use in the business center--how odd.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"No food service til aug 2015"
Great hotel but we were bummed to learn there wasn't any food service. We loooove room service and would have booked somewhere else. Note: no food service til august 2015!!!
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Sara
It was a nice hotel. Before our stay we new the resturant was closed. However, we didn't know the spa was closed. Free continental breakfast was ok. The wine tasting was nice. Staff was extremely nice. Like all of San Fran, onsite parking is expensive; $55 a night.
5 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015