All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
501 Geary St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Clean
  • Value
    Food is all right
    Bad pool
"Fab Stay for a Great Price"
Absolutely excellent and helpful staff. Very pretty and comfy room. Will stay here again!
3 night business trip Jan 24, 2016
This was a beautiful hotel with a gorgeous lobby that exceeded our expectations for the price we paid in San Francisco. The restaurant attached to the hotel, BDK was excellent with good pricing.
4 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
mary
"Overpriced Hotel in a lousy neighborhood!"
On the positive side I thought the staff was great. On the negative the hotel seems to be managed by very greedy people, example: forgot your shaver? Tooth brush? No problem you can find it next to the refrigeratated bar in your room for $8. This is complimentary at any hotel I know of... lets take the Internet service (wifi): the speed was near zero, to add insult to injury the Verizon wireless signal was bad too. This made keeping in touch with my business very hard. The tv picture was grainy and washed out. I can go on and on but I'm out of room!
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2016
"Wonderful SF Weekend"
Perfect location for a holiday weekend of shopping at Union Square and attending the Nutcracker at the War Memorial Opera House!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Best boutique hotel in union square"
The staff treated us as if we were exclusive guests. Very high end feeling the entire stay by all members.
4 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
Maureen
"Love the hotel"
Great hotel ,very nice service and good value for the price
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
elsa
"Our place"
Called Hotel Marker now. We had bulbs out and a squeaky door but maintenance took care of it promptly. Probably will make this our place at Union Square. So close to everything we like.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Jil
"Hotel was great, area was a little sketchy"
The Hotel itself was great - beautiful and clean. Unfortunately because we were walking from the Bart to the hotel, our walk was a bit sketchy. In the evening after our show, we Ubered it back to avoid this.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Very good hotel in San Francisco"
Very nice hotel
4 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Filippo
"A Nice Stay"
Very clean, comfortable, ornamental hotel. Staff is very attentive. I had a brief one night stay so really can just rate the room and service. Room was clean and decorative. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had all amenities needed, was clean and decorative. Everything worked properly. I also asked for a quiet room away from the street, which was accommodated. Everything was pleasant. One of the better boutique hotels you will find in the area.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Fantastic for business or pleasure."
Love The Marker! Very beautiful and eclectic. A really special place to stay in San Francisco.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Beverly
"Classy Hotel in the heart of SF!"
Clean, unique rooms with a view of downtown SF streets. Helpful staff.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
michele
"Weekend getaway"
I was somewhat disappointed for a few reasons. First of all there was a spot of dried blood on the sheets that's I did not notice until the next morning because it was at the foot of the bed. One of the wine glasses had a chip in it and there was not any ice in the machine.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"business trip to SF Financial district"
would definitely stay here again. a relative bargain in the union square and theatre district. has modern air conditioning too, many of the older hotels around it do not. good wifi here.
5 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
"4 nights near union square"
Stayed for 4 nights. Located 2 blocks from Union square, many eateries within a block. Just something to note, walk 1 way, you'll get to union square, walk the opposite way, area appears more sketchy. Offers free wine every evening. Clean, bathroom was big, bed comfy, staff good. Overall good experience.
4 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
"My 24hrs in San Fran"
This hotel was nice and clean for the price and the staff were very friendly. Like the decor of the rooms... No issues at all and I would stay here and recommend it to my friends and family...
1 night trip Oct 24, 2015
"Isaac and Jackson "The Dream Team!""
Isaac and Jackson made my stay the best I've ever had in San Francisco! They went above and beyond with their expertise in customer service. No room service- per se- However the restaurant and bar there are beyond delectable! As a whole the hotel gets nothing but 10s from me!
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
les-
"Amazing accommodations!"
They were able to check us in early and since my husband called ahead to tell them we were celebrating our anniversary, they gave us a free upgrade to their biggest suite and had a hand written "Happy Anniversary" card along with champagne, chocolates, fortune cookies and a souvenir when we entered our room. It was an unforgettable experience and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Brooke
I wished the hotel had a bathtub. But I know most kimpton hotels do not so I was not surprised. The bar and lounge downstairs was awesome and the staff was super professional and accommodating. I lived in SF for 15 years and I was back for business trip. It was easy to walk to the financial district from there and quite central. I never would personally choose to hang out in this specific neighborhood but I think that might be because I know the city and have my other favorite spots.
3 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Great property. Pluses were the free coffee and nice water (all day). Having a restaurant in the hotel is another plus.
4 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Jeffrey
"Marker this place"
Will stay again on future trips.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
"General areas lovely but rooms expensive for what"
The general impression of the hotel is good and the reception, lounge and restaurant areas are elegant. General maintenance and cleanliness is excellent. We stayed 4 nights and found certain issues with the room very irritating. Water pressure in the shower was very low so made washing conditioner out of one's hair a huge problem. The room had 2 double beds squeezed in, resulting in only a bedside table on one side. This is very inconvenient to the person sleeping on the side with no table. TV is placed on the desk/dressing table with obstructed view - would make sense to have it higher on the wall. Although reception staff are friendly, they were not overeager to assist with special requests.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Riel
Mixed business and pleasure. Excellent service but they charge you for accepting and receiving packages if they are of a certain size; not much but it adds to the cost. They justify by saying it is a service provided that costs. Nowadays, establishments take all opportunities to recover cost incurred, this is another one of them. In these modern times, nothing comes free.
3 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Kelvin
The hotel is no longer Hotel Monaco (Kimpton). It is the Marker San Francisco, part of the Destinations group. This hotel was "acceptable" in terms of accommodation, service and cleanliness. But it was far below par for what we are used to getting for $440 per night (>$500 with taxes) in a major city.
4 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Sandra
"Nice boutique hotel"
Nice boutique hotel in a good location. Good atmosphere and I appreciated the afternoon wine.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
Per
Awesome staff and good location. Loved the wine hour in the lobby from 5-6pm!
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Fun, hip place near Union Square"
The Marker is conveniently located at the edge of Union Square, with lots of restaurants and bars nearby. The decor of the rooms is very cool and hip, and everyone is friendly. My only complaints were that the online menu for the hotel's restaurant hasn't been updated, and ALL of the dry goods from the "minibar" were DUSTY. As in, no one bought them, and housekeeping never moved them. It was very discouraging to eat a dusty snack...
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Leesandra
Love it! I was there early and was able to check in a couple hrs before check in time. Location is nice, good restaurants in the area.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Raul
"Location to explore San Francisco from."
Stayed over the weekend after a week full of business. Good location to explore San Francisco. The Afternoon wine is a good moment to mingle in the hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Per
Overall I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was beautiful. The neighborhood was interesting, but at no time did I feel unsafe. I would stay there again.
4 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
Accounts
Service was good, our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The location was great, we could walk to everything. The only complaint I might have was the sound of the refrigerator, which is something that I personally don't like. I would definitely return.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
heather
"Nothing Special"
my husband and i stayed here on our way back from our Honeymoon. The hotel was nice and appeared to be in a nice area but if you walk a few blocks south you are in the Tenderloin (you don not want to be here!) but we walked to the Ferry Building and to other sites. The Golden Gate was a bit too far. No major complaints but it wasn't anything amazing either. We went to the restaurant in the hotel which was pretty good.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Carolyn
"Quick San Francisco stop on our way to Napa"
Great hotel and reasonably priced in a convenient location.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Wine Baby!"
This place rocked. Loved the happy hour wine parties!!!
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
"Super Friendly and helpful staff"
GREAT Hotel. Service was excellent from arrival to departure. Room was super cute, had great windows and we could even open them about 6 inches to get fresh air. Super soft robes. The bed could have been a little more comfortable (but then again I am a bed snob). Thanks for the great stay. We will definitely be back.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Sheryl
"Needed to upgrade my room"
The room that I bought thru Expedia was so tiny and looked over the roof ( which I guess explains the price)! I had to spend an additional $50 per nite to upgrade out of that terrible room. That new room was nice and very pleasant and glad we did that. Overall the hotel was very nice and comfortable and great location, walking distance to many areas. I probably won't buy a room again from Expedia
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"A reasonably priced nice hotel near Union Square"
The hotel very clean and the people were friendly. It is located only a couple of blocks from Union Square and the trolleys, trains, and buses are only a short walk away. The public transportation was convenient so we didn't even need a rental car. There are lots of places to shop and eat near by. My wife and I enjoyed our stay and the price was reasonable with our Hotels.com rate. We would go again.
6 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Had a great stay at the hotel. My expectations were met with the room and I have great expectations. The decor put a smile on my face. Comfy bed. Not so much at the restaurant though. A bit disappointed there. Atmosphere lacking. Definitely not the "Grand Cafe" it used to be in either food or size. Lighting a bit too harsh for all of us.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Janet
"Nice hotel but I opted not to stay again."
I paid for a spa room which was huge and the spa tub did work. I have to say, though, that while I slept like a log a small thing disappointed me and made me feel like a second class guest. The coffee table in the room was in horrible shape - beat up and incongruent with the decor. Sounds trivial, but I ended up not booking there for a second weekend.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
marie
"More than satisfied"
We got into town at 10am for a 10:30 tour. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating, willing to take our baggage, valet park our car, and even tried to find a room we could move into before the tour. Since we asked for a room with a view, we had to wait but Wesley at the front desk was very outstanding, remembered our names when we came back at 1:00, upgraded us to a suite, and was just generally kind and caring. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Great Stay!"
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. What a great hotel. I also loved the bar and restaurant connected. After driving in the car for 8 hours I was exhausted and a few cocktails before dinner was perfect. They were also very accommodating to my pup. Thanks for an awesome night stay in San Fran.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Ryan
"Lacking Cohesive Guest Experience"
This hotel recently changed to Hotel Marker. We waited for almost 90 minutes to be checked into our room. The front desk said that the room was ready earlier but "their system failed and did not send us the automated message" to tell us it was ready. What really irked me is that we were literally sitting 5 feet from the front desk and I could see the agents that were "helping" us weren't really even paying attention. We were finally checked in to our "junior suite" and were very disappointed. Long story short, the super sweet bellman got us moved up to a better room the next night (which was really just a room next door that was a little bigger), but the damage was already done. The walls were super thin, the A/C didn't work well, the room service and food situation was bad. Overall, NOT what I expected from a 4+ star hotel. We went with this place instead of a known brand, but will be going back to the Westin for future stays in San Francisco because we know what we will get from them.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Marvelous Marker!"
What a wonderful place, all my stays from here on will be there. The staff was warm, welcoming and extremely knowledgable and kind. Coffee hit the spot every morning coming up from the gorgeous gym!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Jill
"top hotel"
wonderfully friendly staff, loved the funky fresh room designs. Cool location for going out at night
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Very bad room standard"
It's a 4* hotel but the room standard is very bad, probably 2*. Room was very small, no view at all, no free tea/coffee/water. Very disappointing.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Margharet
"Business in the bay"
Beautiful hotel. Nice change from a Marriott or Sheraton. Lovely lobby space Only thing missing was a coffee maker in the room / you had to go down to lobby
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Very friendly and helpful staff."
Wonderful experience at the Marker. Nice rooms. Beautiful hotel. Excellent valet, bell boy, and front desk staff. Would definitely recommend to family and friends and stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Good, recently updated hotel. Good location; enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Good times"
It was a great stay the room is super small as well as the bathroom. I felt so cramped together for the amount that was paid.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Ranjeeta
"Love this hotel"
Just like photos and very friendly staff
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015