All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
501 Geary St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Union Square Central - great stay"
For business, clean hotel, great free coffee and wine bar mornings and nights.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Wedding weekend"
In town for a wedding! The hotel was a perfect location. Staff was very accommodating! Restaurant and bar were great!
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Cathy
"Book of Mormon weekend"
The wife and I came in for the weekend to see The Book of Mormon (which was hilarious) and stayed at The Monaco for 3 nights. We used to enjoy their old bar, The Grand Cafe, for a drink whenever we were in the Union Square neighborhood. Upon pulling up, we were quickly greeted and helped with our luggage. The service was impeccable! Checked into our room quickly and easily. The room was perfect. Linens and towels were clean and soft. As with all Kimptons, the complimentary wine reception was great. I was bummed that online reviews indicated that The Grand Cafe was closed and would be reopening with a new name and concept. I wasn't expecting it to be open at all, but their new bar/restaurant BDK (the initials of the Kimpton founder). Drinks were great as was the beef jerky app! I tried the pistachio cocktail. Not normally my thing, but it was delicious! Great trip! We will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Matthew
"Friendly staff"
Friendly staff. Great bar/restaurant in the BDK adjacent to downstairs lobby. Rooms are old and do not appear to be very well maintained.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Rahul
"Stylish Boutique Hotel"
Lukewarm water, and little water pressure during my stay. I felt it was way overpriced for what it was. Service in restaurant ok. Wine hour is a nice touch.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Excellent Unique Boutique hotel"
Excellent hotel. Our first stay at a Kimpton property. Loved it! Hotel is beautiful. Room had a fun unique vibe. Front desk staff was amazing with some good tips for future stays. We also ate at the new (?) BDK restaurant attached to the hotel. Great breakfast! Will stay here again.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Comfy cozy stay"
It was super fun and relaxing. The room was cozy and comfy. The only thing I would suggest is to get the room service going for the new restaurant. That was one thing missing from the experience because the restaurant is amazing!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Business Trip"
Stayed at the Monaco for 5 nights while on Business. Room was on the smaller side but so are most in San Fran. Hotel was comfortable and offered free wifi, gym, wine hour, and coffee each morning. I was on the 7th floor away from street noise so felt quiet at night. Room was spotless - housekeeping does a great job! Even changed my sheets one day when I asked. All in all a great stay.
5 night business trip May 3, 2015
Andres
"Perfect place to stay in the City!"
Love, love, love this hotel. The décor is stylish and fun...the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and the new restaurant is wonderful. I was so impressed that I purchased a get-a-way as a thank-you for my Office Manager for Administrative Assistant Day. 5 Stars!
1 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
Patti
"Enjoyable stay"
The hotel is in a great location and offers great amenities and service.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Douglas
Great hotel and staff. Service was top notch.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Ryan
"Avg SF Hotel"
First I am a huge fan of Kimpton Hotels.......staying at them all over the country. This hotel and the room I stayed in were not the high end and finishes that I have experienced at other Kimpton properties. From the bathroom fixtures to the decor, it's a Kimpton, but needs work. The bar was redone and is beautiful, but the paint and much of the interior of the hotel seem to need a refresh. It is really in the Tenderloin outside of Union Square.
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"1st Visit of Many to Come"
I truly enjoyed this hotel. The customer service was excellent. Having the restaurant onsite was an added bonus!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Nicole
"Play day in Frisco"
Staff was very hospitable and welcoming. Location is excellent and the room was very clean.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
chris
"Business Stay"
Hotel was really nice and the room was large enough and comfortable. Really enjoyed the restaurant BDK and the Fitness center was very nice for a hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
RYAN
"Good Location - Great Staff"
Love the Kimpton Hotels - great stay -- good location - Valet for the Car was a bit expensive
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Loved it in every way!"
Visited SF with a friend for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. The hotel was perfect- gorgeous, clean, hospitable staff, lovely on-site restaurant, great centralized location. Will definitely return on another trip to SF!
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Lora
"Gr8 SF stay!"
Excellent hotel! Well located with excellent service
5 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Neil
"disappointed when I walk into my room"
The room is super small, Expedia rates this hotel 4.5, I totally don't think so. This hotel didn't even have a sliper when I asked for it, you have to pay extra for tooth brush, and even shower cap is not really in the room for you. Hotle is old, and the pillow coverage is all wrinkle, it make me feels like it's not "fresh" like the other hotles. I paid for two night, and I check out 1 day early even they wouldn't reture the money back to me.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
blair
"Heavey beds, worth the extra cash, Launch spot"
SUCH A GOOD HOTEL. Walk-in fireplace, free excellent coffee (really wish so it was available a bit longer). We forgot our free fishbowl!!! :( check out farm:table around the corner for breakfast, ferry building for morning LUNCH at the farmers market and a bike rental day (you can easily bike the Golden Gate Bridge and take the ferry back), dim sum in Chinatown. I was glad we made time to walk down Geary to JapanTown, didn't gave te to take the concierge suggested route up Hayes street to tour around. All very accessible. Use Uber! Much cheaper than cabs in SF. Beds were heaven but I have the complaint about all down comforters -- too hot under and too cold without it. Hack the system for a perfect temp -- mid weight blanket at the foot of the bed plus sheet. A peek at the King rooms seemed to suggest they are rather tight but the double room was a great size. I looked at ALOT of extremely grim and slightly depressing hotels before going with the Kimpton, you can't go wrong here. I recommend getting out of Union Square as much as possible; eat your way through Chinatown, get a cheap foot massage, 24th, 22nd, Valencia in the Mission, Delores Park, all are a good way to see a few more normal person neighborhoods
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Kristin
Was in town for a conference so spent little time in the room.. Room was small but neat. Liked the in room refrigerator. The safe was wide enough for my laptop. Easy walk to Moscone Center.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Avoid during renovation and if u lik to sleep late"
The hotel looks great outside and in, but they are renovating the restaurant so: 1. There is no room service. We were planning on having breakfast in bed Saturday morning. 2. They started testing the fire alarm Saturday at 9am Also, the room service started doing rounds Saturday at 8:30am or so, and not only they woke us up, but were very noisy taking care of other rooms that we could not sleep more. The room / bed / cleanness as such were great.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Marcelo3d
"Res.."
I was not satisfied with the restaurant being closed! No breakfast. Just some donuts! Also 55 bucks to park your car over night is stupid. I feel the breakfast and parking should come with the room. Oxford suites is far better!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
frank
"Quick overnight in San Fran."
Checked in at the start of wine reception. It was very nice. Friendly staff. Checked bags next day to do some sight seeing. Convenient, lots of parking nearby, close to union square. Great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
barbara
"Under renovation?"
No room service, no restaurant, no bar--while they are renovating. To make up for it, they have free pastries and coffee in the morning, but you have to make sure you bring the ticket they give you at check-in before they will give you a pastry. A bit annoying and odd since they should be catering to guests who travel for business. They have a wine reception, but if you are not there by 6:00pm sharp, you are out of luck. On the upside there is plenty to do within walking distance.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Lives up to Kimpton standards"
Wonderful visit, great location, very friendly staff...even very friendly fellow travelers. Comfortable bed, quiet surroundings (even the elevator which we were near)--slept like a rock. Only down side: in this day and age, they still charge for computer use in the business center--how odd.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"No food service til aug 2015"
Great hotel but we were bummed to learn there wasn't any food service. We loooove room service and would have booked somewhere else. Note: no food service til august 2015!!!
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Sara
It was a nice hotel. Before our stay we new the resturant was closed. However, we didn't know the spa was closed. Free continental breakfast was ok. The wine tasting was nice. Staff was extremely nice. Like all of San Fran, onsite parking is expensive; $55 a night.
5 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
carl
Awesome! - Customer Service is great and Hotel is super cool - Decor is FAB
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great Place"
Awesome customer service will definitely stay again next time in San Francisco
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Convenient to Union Square"
The hotel was nice and the staff friendly. There was a bottle of chilled champagne waiting in our room when we arrived. I had mentioned it was our 25th anniversary. We were near the elevator, so loud guests could be easily heard, but that was not a deal breaker.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Martha
"Goldfish and Wine"
Great find. Short stroll to Union Square. Staff was friendly and hotel was well done. Ask for a goldfish to be brought to your room and don't miss the wine reception everyday 5 - 6 pm.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Shedrick
Rooms need to be updated. Carpet was dirty. Comforter between sheets needed to be washed. They didn't vacuum room before we arrived, we found someone else's medicine pill on the floor.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
DON'T STAY HERE
"Great hotel and staff"
This was my second time staying at this hotel in the past few weeks. The staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. The location is convenient to Union Square. It's too bad that the restaurant is closed for renovation. I can't wait to try the revamped Grand Cafe.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for coming back to stay with us. That says a lot. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you during your stays to make them even more comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
Cassandra
"Old time charm"
I stayed there several times before and really like the restaurant with its old time charm. This time, unfortunately it was under renovation. Hope this renovation will make the old a better old instead of making it like new.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Again, we are thrilled that you came back to stay with us. We really hope you will like our new restaurant. We are incredibly excited about it and we can't wait to show it off.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Stay at Monaco, SF"
Area of the Hotel was OK, near the cable cars, restaurants, theater. Homeless always prevalent. Tiny rooms, no view whatsoever, no restaurant in the building (comped a free tiny pastry and bad fruit an coffee and watched over by an employee) or sauna, parking offered at 69.00 per night. Would not stay again, with so many other hotels available in SF.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
You do have a lot of hotel options in San Francisco and I am sorry to hear our hotel disappointed. We are working diligently to reopen our restaurant and it should not be much longer. We have many different size rooms with different rooms, so don't hesitate to ask.
Bobby
"Nice place and good location"
Great spot!!! Really enjoyed the hotel and its location. Some construction but we were warned at check in. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for saying you would stay here, again. That means a lot to us.
"Very nice."
We loved our stay at the Monico. Everyone was helpful and very nice. My only complaint would be that the door to the hall gaps and lets on too much light at night. I will stay there again!
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the feedback about the space under the door. I have never heard that one before. The doors can adjusted and we will make sure to look at that.
4 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Deborah
"Nice Hotel close right at the center of the city"
Hotel is right at the center of the city-walking distance to Union Square, District Center and China Town.
sandra
"Simply one of the nicest hotels in San Francisco"
Conveniently located, clean, luxurious and very welcoming place. We had a blast!
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
We appreciate the very high praise.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Alex
I will definitely stay here again. Great location. Wonderful staff.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the five star review and for saying you would stay here, again. We look forward to welcoming you on a future visit.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
ESA
"Decent hotel, good location"
We arrived Friday night at the Hotel Monico for our weekend trip. We drove up so had to valet our car which was $54+tax which is kind of hefty because you don't really have a choice. There isn't really any parking in the area. The hotel is close to a lot of little bars and restaurants. The staff was pretty helpful. The hotel itself was ok, smaller than I imagined. The room was ok, not very big and the bed wasn't very comfortable. I did love the Leopard Print robes though. They did have coffee and tea in the mornings which was nice. They also had wine hour in the lobby, never checked it out. Overall It was ok, I don't think I would stay here again because I didn't find it amazing or very comfortable.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Valet parking is extremely expensive. We are always more than happy to offer other suggestions, if you don't want to park with us. And we are always happy to show you other rooms, if you are not comfortable. Just let us know.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
eelsay
"We'll be back!"
Love this hotel! Staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Rooms small but well appointed. Lobby "living rooms" cozy and inviting.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the five star review. We look forward to your return.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
"Very happy with our stay"
We spent our trip to San Francisco area at 4 different hotels and Monaco was by far our favorite. It provides a high-class of service without being pretentious, it's just casual and very laid back. The rooms weren't huge but they were perfectly fine and comfortable. They provide great amenities such as their wine happy hour daily, which we really enjoyed. We also took advantage of their bicycle rental before realizing the urban rush was a bit too much for us to deal with on bikes. All in all a wonderful hotel, and highly recommended.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
We are always incredibly flattered when people tell us we were their favorite hotel out of several they have tried recently. That means a lot to us. Glad you were able to attend the hosted manager's wine reception and that you got a chance to utilize our bikes. Please come back and see us on a future visit.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Near Union Square"
I was a late arrival & my first room was so noisy I couldn't sleep. Water was running next door continuosly. When I finally called the front desk I was moved to another room which was fine. The location is convenient to Union Square shopping & activities.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
I am so sorry about the noise. I am not sure what that was, but I am happy we were able to move you to another room that did not have the same issue.
2 night trip Jan 20, 2015
The restaurant was under construction, giving the exterior a less than inviting appearance. There was no room service as a result. The wine reception was nice and included a massage!
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
We are diligently working to complete our restaurant renovation. We, too, can't wait for it to be complete.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Melanie
"Review of Hotel Monaco"
Amazing location. Exceptional service, beautiful room decor for the price paid. Very reasonable price- included were complimentary items provided if needed- i.e. nail clipper, nail file, etc. Also happy hour daily, which we didnt take advantage off- but certainly a fun event for hotel guests to enjoy. We stayed as a couple and enjoyed it. I certainly would recommend this place to anyone.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for recommending us to others. That is huge compliment. We do very litte advertising and we rely on word-of-mouth. Therefore, guest recommendations are the way we get new business.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Sueyi
"Great hotel!"
I have always wanted to stay at Hotel Monaco in San Francisco and because of a flooding in our SF apartment we got the chance. I was not disappointed. Everything was perfect and I loved the fanciful decor, friendly staff and great location. I only wish the Grand Cafe was still open.
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
I am so sorry to hear about the flooding in your apartment. I have had that happen to me a few times. At least we were able to make up for a little of the discomfort.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Cindy
Great hotel- I always stay here- Sam and Jonathon and the rest of the team are a delight!
Response by Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the five star review and the specific shout-out of two of our team members. We always appreciate that.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Access to all of the Bay at fingertips"
a beautifully updated old-school hotel in the heart of the shopping district- a short walk and many long hilly walks to all that the beautiful city by the bay has to offer. Evening wine was a wonderful way to relax "at home" before heading out for more fun. My young adult sons were staying on the side of the hotel where construction was happening (jackhammers promptly at 9am) - this probably wouldn't bother many other guests - as most folks are up and about sightseeing or working by then - but their age group/vacation and jet lag necessitated a later rise. The hotel staff was very kind and accomodating - changing their room while we were out for the day. There are bikes to take on first come first serve basis - but we did not take advantage of this - Concierge service is really anyone- as Everyone was very helpful!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015