All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
Very good
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in a future stay with us. Have a Super day!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
"Nice & adequate."
The hotel looked pretty dated from the outside but inside was nicely decorated and comfortable. The room was clean & comfortable. The window AC/heat unit worked well, but being fitted into an open window allowed a lot of noise in from the street. The breakfast was very nice. The homemade granola bars were exceptional. I would stay there again. I felt it was a good place for my budget. Next time I'd ask for a room away from the street & top floor so you don't hear people walking above you.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in a future stay. We are glad you enjoyed the granola bars at breakfast. Warm regards.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
"Budget hotel in a good location."
Over all it was a good experience except few things that can be easily improved. Location of the Hotel is very good. There are many restaurants around the hotel. City bus stop is near by. Both Down town and Uptown is near by. University of Victoria is around 30 minutes by bus. Hotel staffs were quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also Okay and was complimentary. The areas to be improved is general maintenance of the room gadgets like Telephone , AC etc. Unfortunately my room Phone was not working through out my stay so missed many importance calls from my relatives. Hotel authority then changed our room but AC was not working in that room. So we had to return to the same room again.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
Dipankar
"Air Conditioning"
Room was very clean and service was great. It only took me 30 seconds to get checked into the room. Clerk had the paperwork and keys ready before I got there. A/C was NOT working and I believe the have under rated A/C units in the rooms. Continental breakfast room carpet was filthy and I sure didn't want to eat next to it
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We hope you have a Super day.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Harjeet
"1 night stay"
The hotel was ok but the problem was that the carpet was really dirty so we had to use a sleeper. The carpet should be changed to something cleaner. The front desk was helpful though. The location was good because it's close to Downtown so if you take the bus from this hotel it's a quick stop.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We hope you have a Super day.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
selim
It was the last hotel available for a quickly planned trip. We were pleasantly surprised that it was a very clean hotel and comfortable stay for the money. Quick drive to all the sights. The breakfast choices were enough for us.....coffee, tea, juice,cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs,apples and a very nice selection of bagels and rolls. Only bad thing was hearing the people above us getting ready to leave at 4 one am.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We strive hard to make our guest feel comfortable. We are sorry to hear that other guests disturbed your sleep. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast. Warm regards.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Miss M
The beds were not comfortable. The staff was a little rude. It was an OK hotel.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for writing your comments. Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Jess
"Great!"
Had a great experience, just problems with the wifi connections, but will definetly be back to stay and very soon at that.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in a future stay with us.
2 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
Emily
"Rating not warrented"
Outside signage was pathetic drove passed @ midnight 6 time before asking Cops for direction. I meant to book the Sidney Super 8, but in hurrey booked this, 2 star is pushing it
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We thank you for your candidness.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
peter
"average"
We requested an additional cot when booking the hotel. When we arrived we were told there were none at the hotel. Other then that it was ok
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry, for the inconvenience of being told we have cots. We hope to see you in a future stay.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Disappointing"
We were disappointed in the Hotel. The restaurant closed at 4:00pm which meant that after a long day of sightseeing we had to leave to find a place to eat. It advertised a bar and there was no bar. The bathroom was tiny and you had to close the door to get to the sink. The room was clean. We were on a bus line so it was easy to get to downtown or other locations. We wouldn't return to this Hotel.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear your stay was not up to your expectations. Thank you for your comments.
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
"A Gettaway"
All was fine at the hotel except for the broken air conditioner, any hotter weather and it would have been a big problem. All was adequate and expected for the economical price and the best thing was good coffee with the standard continental breakfast fare.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Gettaway
"THE ROOM THEY ASSIGNED TO US DOES NOT HAVE AIRCON"
ROOM IS DIRTY AND NO AIR.FAN PROVIDED IS DIRTY. FLOOR IS NASTY AND CARPETS ARE SO OLD.ROOMS ARE SO TIGHT WITH NO SPACE FOR MOVEMENTS. MATTRESSES ARE OLD AND SAGGY.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
MAY
"Not too close to the port, but nice with AC"
Was a good hotel, especially for the price. Room was big and staff were helpful, restraint across the street really good too.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again in a future stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Closed to downtown area that all I can say."
My room tv not working staff does not how to fix it floor is kind of dirty
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 Victoria did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future if you would let us know when you are traveling to Victoria, BC again.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
sammi
"For the money..."
If you are on a tight budget, Super 8 offers a basic accomodation at an affordable price. The units are well worn but clean. The in-window heat-cool units are not the best (noise) but worked. The bed was do-able for an overnight stay.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for taking the time to write a description of your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Jack
"steer clear"
Rude staff, heater was broke, breakfast was terrible/non existent and wifi didn't work. They also charge a ridiculous $200 deposit for a one night stay. You can't use cash for the deposit, cards only. Do you really want a hotel to hold your credit card info, and $200 hostage while you are on vacation? There are many places to stay in Victoria that are much better than this hotel. I highly recommend not staying here.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying at our Super 8 Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"location convenient"
Comfortable, breakfast o.k. Was not told that dog had to be specific height and weight, the hotel said ok to dog, sometimes they don't, Friendly staff.
5 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Stay away from this place."
We are from Seattle and took our friends who came from New Jersey to visit Victoria. We are totally dissapointed with the experience with this hotel for the following reasons. Cons: 1) Hotel room stinks and my daughter said daddy it is smelly immediately after we entered this room. 2) Rooms are not as shown in the picture. There is no AC/ a table fan is kept in each room and the rooms are muggy without proper ventilation. 3) The carpet in the hotel is very dirty. 4) Wifi doesn't work, I required for Ethernet cable and internet connection keeps dropping every few seconds. Pros: 1) Breakfast is decent and empty trays were immediately filled.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Worst Hotel"
Hotel has no A/C and Internet didn't work. Staff didn't care!
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
"Stay away..............."
This is a disgusting place. 1. There was no AC in our room 2. The internet was not working my room. The front desk person asked me to try various trouble-shooting techniques such as restart my computer etc but no luck. Finally, I went to their computer desk to take care of my important business. 3. The sink in my wash-basin was clogged and water was sipping very slowly. 4. There was a stinking smell throughout the facility (as it comes from very old apartment buildings) When I politely asked the front desk person (an old man) about the air-conditioning, he argued that we don't claim that we offer AC room. I showed him my booking (that did not not have any explicit mention) so he argued that you can't assume availability of a swimming pool unless it's mentioned. I am not asking for a swimming pool, I am just asking for AC and working internet. AC, internet, working wash-basin etc are basic services and you should not have to check their fine prints for their availability after paying nearly $100 for the room. Overall this is a run-down facility. I paid nearly $100 for this room but got the quality of a $30 room. I strongly recommend you to stay away from this place.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Low budget hotel"
The hotel is simple. If your looking for a no frills place to just sleep at this hotel is the one for you. The hotel is clean and the staff is professional. But the hotel is outdated & old. Many things need to be replaced. It is a short distance from downtown & parliament.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comment and also thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Needs maintenance"
Air conditioning was broke and supposedly hot breakfast was nothing but carbohydrates
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry if your stay did not meet your expectation. Hope you will try us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
unionbob
"easy acces to center town"
good service good breakfest a little Noisy outside
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
The Super 8 Victoria Management and staff want to say Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. Thank you for staying with us.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2013
"Decent hotel for price"
The staff is very nice. The lobby is very old and needs a renovation badly. The room is good enough.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for taking the time to write small description of you stay. We are happy that you have enjoyed you stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future if you come to visit Victoria.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"CLOSE TO ALL MUST SEE SIGHTS"
HOTEL AMENITIES HOTEL LOCATION WILL NED TO CHANGE THE TOWELS MORE FREQUENTLY GOOD BREAKFEST LARGE PARKING ENOUGH PLACES
7 night romance trip Apr 5, 2013
C. SHAW

"Not bad hotel, good price"
Good location, near city centre. Poor wifi. Portable heater in bedroom.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We hope to see you again in a future stay. Have a super day!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hamdan
"Reasonably priced and comfortable place to stay."
Good location for travelling by bus. The number 11 runs very frequently on this road; short trip to downtown.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for choosing the Super 8 Victoria. We thank you for the review. We hope to see you again in a future stay. Warm regards.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
"I won't stay there again."
Staff was not friendly at all. Too far from downtown. But the little restaurant in there was awesome!
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review.
4 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
"Good location for uptown shopping"
Courteous, efficient front desk staff. Free breakfast adequate. Clean and quiet room.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us @ the Super 8 Victoria. We hope to see you again. Warm regards.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
dawn
"central to it all"
stayed before will stay again. loved the in house liquor store
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in a future stay. Warm regards.
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
dorothy
"Good hotel"
Quite acceptable, generally ordinary hotel.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in a future stay with us. Have a super day. Warm regards.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
"A good hotel located in a convenient location"
We were out all day....in the room to sleep. Clean, quiet, safe place to stay. Breakfast was good.....hard-boiled eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, coffee, tea. Adequate breakfast for us. Location was convenient for us....able to get around easily.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in a future stay. Warm regards.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
"Place was a Dump !"
I am waiting to find out if they doubled up on my Billing . I received my RBC statement and they were paid for my stay when I booked the room. They took my CIBC card when I checked in and never gave me a statement when I checked out. If I get a charge on my CIBC card from them I will charge them with Fraud ! They gave me the feeling that they were only interested in money and not the guests. I had to leave after one night as the bed caused me to have horrible back pain ! All in All I will never go there again .I don't know how they can be a Super 8 as the others I have stayed at were nice .
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
At check in your credit card was pre authorized for $200.00 and this was released on the evening when you checked out. This is stated in the terms & conditions on all website. We are sorry you found the bed uncomfortable. We hope your back is doing better.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"Very disappointing."
The air conditioning was broken, the smoke detector was taped over, the lamps were broken, there was blood on the bathroom door, the blankets had holes in them, everything was old and run down. I will never stay in this hotel again!
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
During your stay none of these things you mentioned above were ever reported to the front desk or to housekeeping.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
"Terrible nightmare experience"
Terrible nightmare experience! Right from the outside the ssurrounding looks sketchy, the lobby very dirty carpets looks stained and rundown. The rooms are just filthy. Bedsheets look clean but not ironed, brownish old comforters with some rips on then. Since I already prepaid the room for 7days we just decided to take it. 3days later in the morning as I was making up my bed, bomb ! There lie those vampire bed bugs, did a detailed mattress check, found some more. Took pictures called the front desk staff who came and check it out looked stunned. I was immidiatly refunded for the remaining days though but I had to discard all my belongings to avoid taking any bed bugs home. Beware!!!
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. Sorry we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for informing the front desk clerk of the problem. It was taken care of.
7 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Jacob
"Nicely priced!"
Well priced and comfortable. Clean and ideal location to downtown.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again in a future stay. Have a Super day.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Harry
"Economy"
I accidentally dropped my jewelry on the tub, it went through the hole because stopper doesnt work. Now its gone. Is there a way I can get it back?
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident with your jewelry. Unfortunately, this was not reported to the desk clerk when it happened.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Some traffic noise."
Ok was acaquate. Ok ok ok ok ok Stop disallowing this info.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Gross"
besides the rude fella at the front desk who didn't acknowledge when I got stuck in the door with my luggage and didn't offer to help or even acknowledge my presence, the stench in the hallways didn't even compare to the smell of the room we stayed in.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for writing the review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Brad
"Beds saggy"
It was OK but the beds were saggy. Good point was it was close to the wharf and shopping
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the beds not to your liking. We hope you have a super day.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Al
"Average"
Hotel was in a good location to move about the city. Held The preAuthorization on my card for a ful week. But good stay!
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for the review. We hope you have a super day.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Hotel services and location is not good. Lot of highway noise.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for writing the review. Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Harpreet
"It could have been a great stay......"
3 words. ...no air conditioning! We arrived to a clean comfortable room around 7pm, lots of parking. Drop off the bags, closed the windows that we thought were left open to have the room "fresh" and turned on the air to have it cool upon our return. After dinner and stroll we opened the door to an oven! The temperature was 32C.There was a table top fan we had to use full blast after cold showers. When we went to the front desk we were simply told "there is no air here ". Nothing else, no apology and all delivered with an attitude. Had I known we would not have checked in for a night of no sleep! Continental breakfast was coffee muffins cereal from what I saw. ....this could have been a good stay, bed was good , bathroom clean, kitchenette, location central ....but I won't be back
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Sorry this year weather has been unseasonal warmer then most. We thank you for writing the review.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
the calgarians
"Decent hotel for the price"
The hotel overall and the room was clean with pleasant staff. Lots of free parking with an on-site liquor store. Attached diner had good burgers but it would have been nice to have it open just a hour earlier and stay open a couple of hours later. The hotel is not really walking distance to anything of interest downtown, however, so is not a great choice for a tourist stay, but is fine for business travel.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We hope you have a super day.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
hotel guest
"good place ombre."
Stayed 2 nights, biked over, good clean place, reasonable breaky. decent resturant in place. about a 15 min walk to downtown. no complaints.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you in a future stay. Warm regards & have a super day.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2015
Mitchell
No air-conditioing
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for writing the review they are important to us. We hope you have a super day.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"We as a traveller we need comfort.."
We seached this hotel through Expedia.we assume this hotel has all the amenities that we expected.Unfortunately, upon our check-in our room has no Air-conditioned...this summer time the weather is so hot.we are so disgusted..!!
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
romi
"stay away"
We pulled up to the hotel and a drunk was passed out on the front steps. The check in was efficient and we went to the room which had not been cleaned. A dirty knife was on the floor between the beds, a dirty kleenex was on the night stand, carpets were stained. The air conditioner stuck in the window did not work but acted as a fan. We could not believe the temperature in the room! The front counter staff came to the room and informed me that the airconditioners do not work in most of the rooms and that they are not being fixed. We were moved into the suite(a slightly larger room) where at least the airconditioner worked. The room was not very clean either. The best part of the stay was the continental breakfast. Upon check out we did not receive a receipt. Will not stay there if I was paid!
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for writing the review. We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast. Warm Regards.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
colin
"Squeeking floor"
The worst is that the room we were in was on the second floor and the room above us every step the person was making the floor was squeeking alot it was really not healpfull formour 5 month baby the breakfast was ok exepted when the hotel was busy no more juice. The service was good nothing to say about that. The location is very good close from everything and 20 min walk from downtown victoria for the price we paid it was correct.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry to hear the noise bothered the baby and that you didn't have enough juice at breakfast. We do apologize. We do thank you for writing this review. Warm regards Super 8.
7 night business trip Jun 26, 2015