All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2915 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T4M1, Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Great!"
Had a great experience, just problems with the wifi connections, but will definetly be back to stay and very soon at that.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in a future stay with us.
2 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
Emily
"Rating not warrented"
Outside signage was pathetic drove passed @ midnight 6 time before asking Cops for direction. I meant to book the Sidney Super 8, but in hurrey booked this, 2 star is pushing it
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We thank you for your candidness.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
peter
"average"
We requested an additional cot when booking the hotel. When we arrived we were told there were none at the hotel. Other then that it was ok
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry, for the inconvenience of being told we have cots. We hope to see you in a future stay.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Disappointing"
We were disappointed in the Hotel. The restaurant closed at 4:00pm which meant that after a long day of sightseeing we had to leave to find a place to eat. It advertised a bar and there was no bar. The bathroom was tiny and you had to close the door to get to the sink. The room was clean. We were on a bus line so it was easy to get to downtown or other locations. We wouldn't return to this Hotel.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear your stay was not up to your expectations. Thank you for your comments.
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
"A Gettaway"
All was fine at the hotel except for the broken air conditioner, any hotter weather and it would have been a big problem. All was adequate and expected for the economical price and the best thing was good coffee with the standard continental breakfast fare.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Gettaway
"THE ROOM THEY ASSIGNED TO US DOES NOT HAVE AIRCON"
ROOM IS DIRTY AND NO AIR.FAN PROVIDED IS DIRTY. FLOOR IS NASTY AND CARPETS ARE SO OLD.ROOMS ARE SO TIGHT WITH NO SPACE FOR MOVEMENTS. MATTRESSES ARE OLD AND SAGGY.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
MAY
"Not too close to the port, but nice with AC"
Was a good hotel, especially for the price. Room was big and staff were helpful, restraint across the street really good too.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Closed to downtown area that all I can say."
My room tv not working staff does not how to fix it floor is kind of dirty
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 Victoria did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future if you would let us know when you are traveling to Victoria, BC again.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
sammi
"For the money..."
If you are on a tight budget, Super 8 offers a basic accomodation at an affordable price. The units are well worn but clean. The in-window heat-cool units are not the best (noise) but worked. The bed was do-able for an overnight stay.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for taking the time to write a description of your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Jack
"steer clear"
Rude staff, heater was broke, breakfast was terrible/non existent and wifi didn't work. They also charge a ridiculous $200 deposit for a one night stay. You can't use cash for the deposit, cards only. Do you really want a hotel to hold your credit card info, and $200 hostage while you are on vacation? There are many places to stay in Victoria that are much better than this hotel. I highly recommend not staying here.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying at our Super 8 Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"location convenient"
Comfortable, breakfast o.k. Was not told that dog had to be specific height and weight, the hotel said ok to dog, sometimes they don't, Friendly staff.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit to the Super 8 Hotel in Victoria, BC. We look forward to welcoming you back to Victoria again soon and we hope you’ll stay with us at the Super 8 Hotel!
5 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Stay away from this place."
We are from Seattle and took our friends who came from New Jersey to visit Victoria. We are totally dissapointed with the experience with this hotel for the following reasons. Cons: 1) Hotel room stinks and my daughter said daddy it is smelly immediately after we entered this room. 2) Rooms are not as shown in the picture. There is no AC/ a table fan is kept in each room and the rooms are muggy without proper ventilation. 3) The carpet in the hotel is very dirty. 4) Wifi doesn't work, I required for Ethernet cable and internet connection keeps dropping every few seconds. Pros: 1) Breakfast is decent and empty trays were immediately filled.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Worst Hotel"
Hotel has no A/C and Internet didn't work. Staff didn't care!
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
"Stay away..............."
This is a disgusting place. 1. There was no AC in our room 2. The internet was not working my room. The front desk person asked me to try various trouble-shooting techniques such as restart my computer etc but no luck. Finally, I went to their computer desk to take care of my important business. 3. The sink in my wash-basin was clogged and water was sipping very slowly. 4. There was a stinking smell throughout the facility (as it comes from very old apartment buildings) When I politely asked the front desk person (an old man) about the air-conditioning, he argued that we don't claim that we offer AC room. I showed him my booking (that did not not have any explicit mention) so he argued that you can't assume availability of a swimming pool unless it's mentioned. I am not asking for a swimming pool, I am just asking for AC and working internet. AC, internet, working wash-basin etc are basic services and you should not have to check their fine prints for their availability after paying nearly $100 for the room. Overall this is a run-down facility. I paid nearly $100 for this room but got the quality of a $30 room. I strongly recommend you to stay away from this place.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Low budget hotel"
The hotel is simple. If your looking for a no frills place to just sleep at this hotel is the one for you. The hotel is clean and the staff is professional. But the hotel is outdated & old. Many things need to be replaced. It is a short distance from downtown & parliament.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comment and also thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Needs maintenance"
Air conditioning was broke and supposedly hot breakfast was nothing but carbohydrates
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry if your stay did not meet your expectation. Hope you will try us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
unionbob
"easy acces to center town"
good service good breakfest a little Noisy outside
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
The Super 8 Victoria Management and staff want to say Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. Thank you for staying with us.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2013
"Decent hotel for price"
The staff is very nice. The lobby is very old and needs a renovation badly. The room is good enough.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for taking the time to write small description of you stay. We are happy that you have enjoyed you stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future if you come to visit Victoria.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"CLOSE TO ALL MUST SEE SIGHTS"
HOTEL AMENITIES HOTEL LOCATION WILL NED TO CHANGE THE TOWELS MORE FREQUENTLY GOOD BREAKFEST LARGE PARKING ENOUGH PLACES
7 night romance trip Apr 5, 2013
C. SHAW
"A terrific place to stay at a bargain price"
The place could not have been better in all respects. Will book there again.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for staying at our Super 8 Hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012
"Decent stay"
Good price. Location is decent. Friendly Staff. Also the room is very clean. The condition is not that great: Wall is kinda thin and there are holes on the bedcover. But no any strange smell. I was there with my wife and two little kids. We had a good night sleep w/o any complaint.
Other trip Nov 2, 2012
"Ok value !"
The hotel was clean but the building was old which had creaking noise on the floor.The receptionist was friendly and was able to guide us appropriately on our visit to tourist attractions.Our table lamp did not work and the washroom did not have a wash basin fitted inside (typical old design) which was little inconvenient.But falls short of class when compared to Quality Inn in terms of value.Nothing to complain, worth trying.
Family trip Sep 15, 2012
Christopher
"super stay"
nice breakfast. great help from motel staff. great location. very nice room.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"A first class experience"
Our front dest attendant, Hugh, was so helpful. We were directed to an excellent local restaurant and then advised what else to do locally as we awaited our ferry from Victoria, BC, to Port Angeles, WA.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Affordable price and easy to get to downtown"
Clean and affordable hotel 10 minutes from downtown. Good size and comfortable rooms. Hotel appearance needs some updating. Front desk employee friendly and helpful. Public bus stop to downtown in front of hotel.
Family trip Aug 16, 2012

"good place ombre."
Stayed 2 nights, biked over, good clean place, reasonable breaky. decent resturant in place. about a 15 min walk to downtown. no complaints.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you in a future stay. Warm regards & have a super day.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2015
Mitchell
No air-conditioing
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for writing the review they are important to us. We hope you have a super day.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Squeeking floor"
The worst is that the room we were in was on the second floor and the room above us every step the person was making the floor was squeeking alot it was really not healpfull formour 5 month baby the breakfast was ok exepted when the hotel was busy no more juice. The service was good nothing to say about that. The location is very good close from everything and 20 min walk from downtown victoria for the price we paid it was correct.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry to hear the noise bothered the baby and that you didn't have enough juice at breakfast. We do apologize. We do thank you for writing this review. Warm regards Super 8.
7 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Yoan
"Pleasant stay"
We spent 5 days at Super 8 Motel in Victoria. The staff were very pleasant, and the room was very nice and roomy and clean.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again in a future stay with us.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
janet
"Not bad for the price"
Pretty good location, a bit strange getting into the driveway and the building was a bit tired. The staff was good and very friendly. I wish they had at least a bar fridge, and it might be time to update the TV to a flat screen that would accept a VGA cable from my laptop.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We thank you for your candidness, your comments are important to us.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
J
"Noisy"
When I arrived at the hotel in the evening there were a group of 6 youths drinking in the parking lot. Lighting was poor. I was worried about the security of my vehicle. I advised the front desk. The room had single pane windows and was right on Douglas Street. There was an air conditioner unit installed in the window. The road nose traveled right through the unit. The road noise was bad. It was like I was sleeping on the curbside of the Douglas.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"chocolate please"
Expect a clean bed at the very least. However it did not turn out that way. If they want to leave food for the guest under the pillow or bed sheet, chocolate bar is preferred rather than cookie crumbs and hair. We ended up changing the sheets ourselves.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
We are sorry to hear that your experience was not to your standards. We do appreciate your comments.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Very Disappointed"
My experience was dreadful. There were two front desk staff who were absolutely rude and very unfriendly. The carpets in my room and in the main hallways were stained and looked very dirty and unappealing. My bed, was sagging on one side it was so old and the mattress was as hard as a rock. The only positive person I encountered there was one of the cleaning staff. She kindly helped to find me a working coffee pot for my room, and was so nice to me. I thanked her with a gift. The two working the front desk, I hope to never see again. I will never stay at Super 8 again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Tilley
"Older Hotel on Douglas Street, Victoria, BC"
The hotel needs to be renovated to upgrade carpets and furniture. The rug was stained but it was clean. The bathroom was very clean as were the beddings. Staff was courteous. We appreciated that we could have our Lab with us. The hotel is quite near the Mayfair Shopping Plaza. There was no secure parking. The continental breakfast was well done but wish that they could extend the hour to 10:00 am!! If you want elegance, this is not the hotel for you, but if you want a quiet night and accommodation for your dog, this is the hotel for you.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate the input.
8 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"Reasonable price, breakfast, good bus connections."
Clean, comfortable and reasonable price. Good bus connections. Friendly staff. Help yourself breakfast. I've stayed here about 5 times and always good.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you in the future.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Worst experience ever"
I had of for the rooms using my MasterCard before our trip but because I did not have the same card for a damage deposit I was unable to stay there even though I pd for the rooms. Also it looks very unprofessional when your front desk clerk is having a smoke in the driveway in front of the lobby door.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Shelley
"oscars."
my son and i used this hotel because we have stayed there before.spoons diner has a good selection of food.but there is also a continental breakfast.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for comments, we hope to see you in a future stay.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
anthony loynton.
"Get less than you pay for"
Room was dirty, old, pictures ripped off the wall, silver fish in the window corners, old uncomfortable beds, and you can hear everything else that's happining in the the hotel from your room. Not worth the money. Pay a bit more and find somewhere better.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Will
"More for Less"
Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The beds are quite comfortable and breakfast is free. It is not the most beautiful hotel, but has a kind of antique charm. The hotel is older, but functional and very affordable, if you are looking for getting a more for your money.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for you kind words. We hope to see you again in a future stay.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Glenda
"A reasonably priced hotel"
The rooms were a little small but they were clean and the staff were very friendly.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Value Continues"
We booked this hotel because of its close proximity to Mayfair Mall, good value and it has breakfast included. The roadwork made access more challenging than usual.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry, for the road construction and thank you for your comments.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Catherine
"Alright for the price we paid."
Passable if cleaner. The carpet stains could have possibly come out with a good shampooing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jackie
"Decent if you dont have expectation"
For the price, i wouldn't complain about the hotel condition or comfort. Don't go in with high expectation, but it's a seven place. Wifi barely worked in my room (second floor) though. Breakfast area was tiny, nothing too special. Just a lot of carbs.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Decent clean hotel"
We had no problems checking in the room was cold but clean. It is right on Douglas Street a busy main road, so If you're a light sleeper the traffic might annoy you. There was a heater in the room but it was very noisy. The blankets were really thin so it was a little chilly but it was comfortable. The next day we checked out and I had forgotten something in the room, came back about a hour later and the front desk person ran up and retrieved it and found something else of mine that I had left.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you in a future stay with us.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Victoria bc. Next to trans canada hwy"
Wast not impressed with the facilities. Would not stay again
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"On the edge of town"
Needed a place to stay before catching ferry to Anacortes. Surprisingly quiet for being on the highway.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again on a future stay.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Knitter
"Good location and room for the price"
The room was big, beds were comfortable and the breakfast that was included was great! The location was a couple minutes bus ride away, and not a very long walk. There is also a liquor store attached to the hotel, so, I think I just made the decision for you.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Brigitte
"Disappointing"
Hotel was farther away from harbor/downtown area than we expected. Lobby, hallways main areas seemed dirty with smell and dirty carpets. The room was ok but had an odor, bedding & towels thin & well used, greyish. Air conditioner did not work properly. Remote for tv did not work for channel change or volume. Would never stay here again or recommend.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Thank you for your comment. Sorry, to hear your stay was not up to your standards.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Not your regular standard of a Super 8 hotel"
I was very disappointed with the room. Scuff marks on the wall, sink and bathroom drains not working (we were on the 2nd floor!). Thin windows facing a very busy street (sirens ect). I would never recommend this particular Super 8. The $116.00 room after taxes was almost $150 and having a little dog cost another $25.00. Ended up costing us close to $200.00 for this lousy room. Never again.
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear your stay was not to your expectations. Thank you for your comments.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Sheila
"lots of noise"
rooms where hot and stuffy and very noisy , air conditioning did not work .
Response by Super 8 Victoria BC
Sorry to hear your stay was not to your expectation. Thank you for your comments.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014