All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
4495 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This hotel's location in respect to other restaurants and stores is great. Within a few miles, you can find just about any store you'd ever need. There are multiple fast food and sit down restaurants in the hotel's vicinity. The only thing is that it's somewhat difficult to find the entrance. The whole front of the hotel is blocked by a construction site. There's just a small sign at the street with the hotel's name, but you can't see any hotel. Turn there anyway!! Just drive back behind the construction. Also, our toilet was repeatedly running and then would stop flushing all together. My husband was having to reach in the tank and fix the toilet himself. They didn't seem too concerned about this. It was pretty annoying.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"What a year can do..."
Overall, great stay. I was here a year ago during the renovations, this place looks wonderful now. Will stay again.
4 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Jamie S.
"Strong gas smell"
Strong gas smell in the lobby upon arrival. The lady at the desk said it was nothing. She claimed the gas company had been out many times to check it and was tired of coming.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
felt very comfortable during our stay. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly. The pool was nice and big. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Angela
"Loud Night"
The room was nice and clean. The bed very comfortable. The location was a bit tucked away behind some construction. There was a loud group of parties that kept making noise all the way through 3 am and the staff did noting to stop it. Not a good nights rest. Great breakfast!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Really does have a nice garden!"
The hotel has a very pleasant courtyard and garden area, where one can read or surf internet in fresh air. Or enjoy the pretty good breakfast with nice outdoor seating. One would never know there's an airport around.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
JJ
"Grand Rapids Stay"
Hotel was affordable, clean, and comfortable. Most of the hotel appeared to be newly/tastefully remodeled. Pool and exercise area were good. Breakfast had lots of variety and was fresh/tasty. The renovation was not 100% complete though. Smaller things such as light fixtures, exterior ventilation covers, door thresholds etc still needed to be fixed-mostly cosmetic though. Overall it was a great stay. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"A good place to stay in Grand Rapids"
This property--tucked in behind other businesses--is a bit hard to find but it's a good place to stay with a comfortable room and well-managed continental breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Stayed 2 nights on a weekend away with my husband for our anniversary and the hotel was very comfortable.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Absolutely lovely room with the nicest furniture and bedding. Decor and mattress/pillows very comfy,too! Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Front desk encounter"
My husband went to grab a luggage cart, with our 3 boys in tow. The boys, all under the age of 4, jumped on the luggage cart, before he had a chance to get them off. The woman behind the front desk found it necessary to scold my husband that for liability reasons, kids could not be on the cart. "It's not a toy!" She said. I totally agree and understand why kids riding on luggage carts is not a good idea, however, he did not need to be so rudely and condescendingly informed "that its not a toy!" Pretty sure that a grown man can deduce that, all on his own. Her interactions and the way she handled herself were very inappropriate from a customer service standpoint, and we let her know. The rooms were small. Not the "1/3 larger than typical hotel rooms" that they boast about. We always stay at Hampton Inn's, as they do offer large rooms and seem to be much more family friendly, however, it was booked. This was our back up plan. We likely won't be back.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"perfect for the price"
I am not sure why anyone would have much negative to say about this hotel. You have to know what to expect though, for a c-note. Check-in was very fast and pleasant, the room was clean and looked fairly recently renovated; furniture was new; cable image quality was not the best, but OK for a hotel; the fridge was clean and was plugged in when we arrived. The clock was easy to set up and the nightstand lights had easily accessible plugs for chargers. Towels and linens were pristine and looked almost brand new and of very good quality; the bed was truly comfortable by any standards and no noise whatsoever came from the court or from our neighboring guests. The bathroom looked like it kept some of the old fixtures, but it was functional and nothing was missing from hooks to the soaps which unlike other hotel brands did not leave skin flaky after one hand wash. There is construction in front of the hotel. the GPS location was accurate. Lots of chain restaurants close-by. Pool and spa looked clean. All windows are in a dire need for a wash, inside and out, both in the room and at the pool. Breakfast was decent, nothing special, Starbucks coffee, English muffins, eggs and greasy meat patties, apples, yogurt, tea, apple and orange juice, waffles with strawberry topping. All in all I am very happy with the stay and our 5 year old son proposed that we move in to permanently live in this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Would stay here again but would leave as soon as I found out there were little league baseball teams in hotel. Only down side was the noise they made running up and down the halls. If not sports team then sign me up. Beds are firm which I like. Location is great with lots of restaurants close
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Service was okay, couldn't get an extra pillow because rooms were all booked they stated. Could hear noise from people in hallways, coming in from outside, ice maker from down the hall, and people in room above us walking around. Slept with tv on to drown out noise, which I dislike doing. Breakfast I was much to be desired. No eggs or meat. Cereal was special K and mini wheats which kids dont eat. Which left making waffles which everyone was lined up for or bagels or sweets. When finally getting food there was no where to sit so back up to our room we went. Cleanliness... room was clean and appeared up to date, however bathroom was not as clean, poor lighting, toilet shook, and door was uneven and had to be slammed shut and yanked hard to open. And corners appeared hadn't been cleaned in a while by the dead bugs.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Dana
I was very surprised and enjoyed my stay. I had never been to this hotel and when we come back to Grand Rapids, we will stay at the Wyndham Grand. The price was great , the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We did not need any service but they were cheerful when checking in.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Pleasant"
The hotel has a nice patio area. They breakfast is good. The rooms are very clean and comfy bed. I had an expensive pair of shoes stolen there :(
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice comfortable stay!"
I was looking for an affordable hotel with a trusted hotel chain. I travel a lot with business and Wyndham is a trusted favorite. Great room, good price and a relaxing stay.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
JC
"Nice hotel close to East Grand Rapids"
The room was very nice--the front desk staff gave us a room on the third floor so we were farther away from the sports teams that were staying there because of tournaments in the area. We were visiting relatives in East Grand Rapids and the location was very convenient for us. We will probably stay there again in the future. We were bothered by shower noise from the next room--when we mentioned it to the front desk, they said it was probably corroded pipes and they would look into it. The breakfast room ran out of spoons a few minutes before closing time. When people complained to the staff person, he said he puts out the last batch fifteen minutes before closing and they should have come earlier. It seems like increasing the number of plastic spoons put out would have made for a better experience for everyone.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"great value"
Good breakfast, the room was comfortable and clean, and the price was great. good value.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
RIchard A
"Good, except the noisy people down the hall"
My family enjoyed everything about the hotel except the noisy people down the hall. It's not the hotel's fault, but was a nuisance nonetheless. I don't understand people these days. It's ok to have fun and all, but maybe using quieter voices after 11 PM would be a good idea. Besides this hour of loudness, everything was good.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Josh
"Broken air conditioning"
Got jerked around from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. trying to get a new room when the air conditioning was broken in one of the two rooms I had purchased for the night. I ended up at the total opposite end of the hotel from my teenaged kids room and was told I could not get compensation back from the hotel for the inconvenience because I had purchased through Expedia/third party. Other than that the hotel was fine....but extremely disappointed I was basically just out of luck because they could not fix the air and had to relocate after I had planned to be sound asleep (and all they had to offer for the inconvenience was an apology). Other six rooms in our group had no problems.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Great room and service was okay. Had to wait a little while for service from front dear attendant. Other than that it was a grey stay! I only wish it was located closer to downtown GR
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
"A Good Night's Sleep!"
A very quiet night. Comfy bed with lots of pillows. We checked in late and had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was good and complete. The room was very clean. Hallways look heavily used but relatively clean. Housekeeping was there promptly at 11:15 so if you want to stay a few extra minutes, be sure to use the do not disturb sign.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"nice rooms!"
We arrived to our hotel room and it was very modern looking. The girls loved the pool (could of been a little warmer). The girls loved the breakfast the next morning. Our stay was quiet and relaxing...We had lots of place to choose from shopping, dining, and dessert. You could use some flowers and more plants to make it look really green around the hotel inside and out. I would definitely come back! thanks!
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
rainstrm40
"Great deal-difficult to find the entry!"
The hotel's breakfast was one of the best I have had-thank you for all of the options. My kids especially liked the strawberries and real whipped cream for the waffles! The staff was very accommodating! My only suggestion would be to do renovate the pool area-it was very disappointing. We specifically look for hotels with pools-something my kids look forward to as part of our stay. Unfortunately, the pool was small and the hot tub was luke warm with broken jets. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Terrible hotel -- dont stay"
Bad hotel -- booked a king bed, got room with 2 queens. Best hotel staff could say was "We had this room as the only one available" If so, what then does a booking mean -- even so, a pre-paid booking! No window -- no sunlight, window opened to the pool area. Very noisy in the night. A group of people were having a pool side party. The pool area was supposed to be closed at 11 but the party ended after 12. I called up front desk after 11 -- they said they would go down to the pool and see it was closed. But they did not do anything. I called again at about 11:45, then the noises died down about 12:15, maybe the people just left! Hotel was disappointing -- do not book this one.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"service"
We appreciated the effeciency of the shuttle service to the airport. It was disappointing there was nothing available for my family to eat early in the morning before they flew out. It would have been nice to at least have coffee. juice, fruit, pastries, or cereal available for the little ones before leaving at 5 AM to go to airport.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Judy
"Nice pool deck."
The hotel is showing some age.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Great rate for a nice ambience.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Good Location"
Hotel was OK but there are better options for similar prices in the area. The blue lights used in the hallways were distracting and helped show the construction dust that was clinging to the outside of the room doors. Although the do-not-disturb sign was out I was still woken early in the morning by room service which then did not get to cleaning my room till late afternoon. Overheard maid loudly telling guests that checkout was 11 which is earlier that other hotels. Pool and hot tub area was nice and extended hours for adults was a welcome surprise. Overall would not recommend.
2 night trip with friends May 9, 2014
"Nice Place"
This was a very nice hotel. We were there long enough to sleep, swim & eat.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Okay Hotel but better ones close by"
I go to Grand Rapids often on business and have stayed at many nearby Hotels. I will not go back to this one. Problems: toilet leaked when flushed. Breakfast: the gravy was clear and so salty it was awful. Not sure what it was. Many Hotels close by are cleaner and newer for the same price range
1 night business trip May 8, 2014
"Very clean"
The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Nice part of town as well. Plenty of parking. Breakfast was great. Coffee was horrible
Other trip May 9, 2014
danielle
Staff was extremely unprofessional. Night desk attendant was rude and confrontational. She has a horrible demeanor about herself and I suggest she be reprimanded.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Good experience overall. Provided free breakfast and the staff made every effort to ensure that my needs were met.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Brenda
"Bring your ibuprofen"
Between the 100 screaming kids in the pool due to a soccer tournament , the slippery tile floor outside the pool and the awful beds, you will need a lot of ibuprofen. The cleaning staff was rude and the rooms are not very clean and in disrepair. This hotel is awful.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Stayed there for a getaway. The room was as pictured, and nicely updated. I am Very sensitive to lighting, and don't care for the cool blue lights. It was nice that there were several lighting options in the room :) Overall it was a very nice place to stay.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Getting Better"
This hotel is in the final stages of a remodel. They have tried to do a nice job, it's just that some of the finishing touches could have been better. Does that affect the comfort of the room or quality of the staff, absolutely not. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was very good. It's just an issue of overall finished look, which most people won't care about but some may.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
Ty Hogue
"A Mess"
Only 16 rooms to rent because the entire place is under construction. I was told that the lobby was under construction, but it was not a good place to be. Did not feel safe or comfortable.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
A bug was in the tub. Lots of construction. Staff had some attitude issues when the ice machine broke they acted like they didn't want to get us ice. A room down the hall had a busted pipe and the entire hallway flooded at 1am. They showed no appreciation to my boyfriend for telling them.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Under renovation!"
We arrived to find that the entrance and common areas were all torn up...no tiles on the floor, no ceiling, bare wires everywhere. A guest came by us and said that they didn't have a sink in their room! Our room was clean and the bed was comfy. Directv kept cutting in and out, and the weather was decent the entire time we were there. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the pool was. It was very clean and a comfy temperature.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Marty
"Great Hotel, would stay again."
The hotel is in the middle of a major renovation, once it is complete it will be awesome, especially if their prices stay the same. Will definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2013
Someone in
"don't stay here"
No WiFi. Under construction, foul odors
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Close to shopping"
I have stayed at this hotel at least five times in the past. It is being renovated and some inconvenience is to be expected, but the room we were given was covered in dust, unlocked when we got to it and hadn't been cleaned. I couldn't take a deep breath in it. I changed to a different room which was better, but had to make another trip to the front desk to have the phone turned on. The hot tub in the pool area wasn't hot and the jets weren't working. It was quiet in the room and the breakfast was good. I probably won't stay there again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Judy
"Nightmare"
Remodeling room was filthy old and dingy! Wouldn't recommend to anyone!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Terri
"Disappointing experience with an old friend."
I have loved this hotel in the past, but my most recent stay was a huge disappointment. For the second year in a row, the pool was closed for repairs. I decided to stay only one night and then look for another place for the rest of my stay. The first room I was put in was missing a desk and smelled of urine. The second room had a huge stain on the sofa, and the internet didn't work. I was too tired to move again, but the next day when I complained, the manager placated me and told me they would have fixed it if I had complained. I was tired of complaining. How many chances to put me in an adequate room am I supposed to give the hotel? I hope the upgrades go well, but I won't be back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Vickie
"Less Staff burden on one person"
Hotel was good. Renovation in progress but they made sure they are apologetic about the dust and more. Only staff was at the reception, she was polite and humble. She had to take care of all the errands. Hotel needs more staffs like her. Room was clean, service was courteous. Ambiance in the breakfast area was good. I am sure after the renovation, this hotel will a good place to stay with family/friends.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2013
Satisfied Customer
"Hotel Royale"
This hotel was very old and dirty. The staff was very nice and helpful though. Stayed there for 2 nights to attend a wedding... There is a lot of construction going on inside the hotel so hopefully they'll update it nicely. I would not consider staying there again...maybe after the construction is over...
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Hyaldo
"Horrible hotel"
The hotel was dirty smelt and extremely uncomfortable the decor was nothing like the pictures I would never recommend this to anyone
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Overnighter"
Most disappointing hotel on our trip. I'm sure one can do better. Staff were fine. "Under construction". We get the feeling it has been under construction for a while. We were there Sat night/Sun am so no construction noise. Room was shabby and a/c did not seem to work.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013