All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
4495 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Quite clean
    Food is all right
    Bad internet service
"Exceeded Expectations"
PJ at the front desk was so cordial and helpful. I really enjoyed her warm friendly interactions with me. The Business Center is top notch. Loved the pool and workout room: clean, well-designed and appointed. I cannot comment on the food service because I ate out for every meal.
3 night trip Oct 22, 2015
Debra
"Frequent guest"
Enjoyed my stay
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Courtney
"Wyndham garden stay"
Pool was great for children. Court Yard looked nice but weather was not conducive for outdoor sitting or walking. Beds were very comfortable. Hotel Conviently located For food and groceries.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
constance
"elephant steps"
Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice to have a bar as well. Only issue is I was on the first floor and you could hear the people above on 2nd floor the pounding of their steps was hard to deal with late at night and first thing in the morning. Would stay next time on 3rd floor!
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Will stay again"
Little hard to find. Sign was rather small and easy to miss on the main road.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
Gina
"Not the best"
The hotel location was great and the room was comfortable. The hotel service was poor. Extra towels had to asked for, and then were just tossed in the sink, because they would not clean our room until we checked out. We asked several times. The Safety door on the side of the building where we stayed was broke. We told the manager about it and nothing was done the 4 days we were there. Each night when we returned we could always find the manager at the bar. Thank heavens for the day manager. I will not be returning to the hotel when I go back for business.
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
"very sad"
the hotel was unfriendly . the beds were rock hard. the carpets in the hallways were very dirty looking. the pool and hot tub in need of a little tlc
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
david
We were those people you don't want to be next to at a hotel. We were loud and partied all night. The staff asked us to keep it down and were really nice about it. Our only complaint was that they ran out of extra beds.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Julee
"great hotel for the price"
great hotel for the price
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
pamela
"Good Value - - - Could have been a little cleaner."
Nice hotel, but it could have been a little cleaner. Bathroom was clean but there were candy and gum wrappers behind the chair. The bed was very comfortable. The elevator was quite dirty. Fair hotel with a good price.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Looks nice, but problems inside."
My girlfriend and I found this location on Hotels.com and booked a 2 night trip (Friday to Sunday). The first impression was nice, staff were friendly. We we entered the room, it looked nice. But then we looked in the bathroom and it was not clean at all. Bath mat in the tub was pretty nasty. There was a large black stain on the sheets we had to sleep with. I do not know how the staff sees this and puts it back into the bed! First night was going alright until about 7AM Saturday morning. There was a large creeking sound coming from the floor above us (we were on the second floor). The visitors in that room were walking around a lot, and every time they hit that spot in the floor there would be a loud "CREEK!". We suffered through about an hour until they finally stopped moving around. The same could be said about Sunday morning (a whole hour of "CREEK!"ing). We could have complained about the people above us, but it was a clearly a structural flaw in the building. Overall, if you end up in any room other than 208, you may have a decent experience. We will not be going back, but if you end up there, good luck getting a full night sleep!
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Evan
"Nice hotel, good location"
We liked this hotel a lot. It was accurately depicted on Expedia and clean overall. Rooms were well appointed, however it appears housekeeping forgot to empty the trash from the previous occupant in one room and the other smelled very faintly of cigarette smoke. Upon check in at 3pm there seems to have been some shift change confusion/delay, and the staff at the desk seemed irritable and unpleasant. The manager ended up having to check our party in because the first staffer could not find our reservations through Expedia. The manager had trouble as well and seems to have just made us new reservations (a potential issue on sold out days). The total delay was just over 20 minutes - though frustrating, not a deal breaker. We found it a bit odd that the elevator was so far from the lobby, and elected to use the stairs most of the time. I also felt that the attire of the front desk staff was less than professional. Perhaps uniforms would be a better option. We did not use the pool/exercise facilities/restaurant/bar. Overall we enjoyed our brief stay and found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, quiet, and a good value.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Brady
It was nice
2 night trip Oct 7, 2015
Fred
Tired hotel with poor housekeeping services. Make sure you get a good price.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Stayed before flight"
It was a great but my kids love pools and pool was horrible. The chemicals were so strong.....my kids only could stay in for 25 minutes. Staff was amazing
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
rae
"Good location but needs updating"
On business. Comfortable bed...nice location but needs updating. Coffee should be complimentary all day in lobby.
3 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Roberta
The night shift employees were pretty nice but the room was not clean. We stayed there with our two kids and we checked in pretty late at night. One of the first things I did in the room was step on chewed up gum that was stuck in the carpet! Then one of the kids found crumbs on the sheets. We would have left or changed rooms but we have an infant and it was really late at night. We never removed our socks because we were grossed out by what else might be on the floor..... When we told the manager all she said was "okay thanks for letting me know."
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
"Nice and clean"
nice clean rooms. looks for the sign off the road since it is behind the main stores off the road.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Dorothy
Housekeeping has bags of trash outside our room for 4 hours (between 6-10pm), the cook was late for breakfast and the server didn't show up, so we cancelled our breakfast in bed. Chlorine level in the hot tub burned my eyes. Room above us stomped around all night
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
nicola
The desk manager was very personable and even remembered my name when we met in the lobby in the morning.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Clean & comfy, but noisey"
The room was clean, and the staff were friendly. Our only complaint was the loud behavior of a youth sports team staying in rooms near us. The management did intervene at our request when kids were playing hockey in the hallway outside of our room. The noise level escalated again late in the evening with no intervention from their parents in spite of the staff's attempts to quiet the situation.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Emily
"Wont stay here again - thats FOR SURE !!!"
Started at Check in - the person checking us in was more interested in the other person behind the counter and other guests walking in and right up to the counter PAST others waiting instead of waiting in line. The hallways had food / trash on the floors - NEVER got cleaned up - when we checked in ( 4 pm ) there was a room service tray out side the door by the elevator - it was still there at check out the following day ( 11 am ). should have know by the hallway - the room was dirty - there were spills on the desk, hairs in the shower and spray all over the mirror ( looked like whom ever cleaned the room sprayed the counter and mirror and didn't finish ) The cleaning staff seam to be young guys - we saw them when we checked in pushing the carts around and chatting with each other - should have been more attentive to doing their job. We carry Clorox wipes so we went over everything in the room our selves. I guess you do get what you pay for. NEVER AGAIN AT THIS HOTEL THATS FOR SURE !!! Also Walls are thin so we heard doors banging all night long - rude guests on that part but still - respect others - if you read this keep that in mind please - DONT let the door slam behind you for gods sake !!!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
lee
"It was ok."
I had ran an Expedia search for "pool' and "free breakfast" and this hotel popped up. The pool was very strongly over-chlorinated. My kids eyes and throats were burning and sore for the rest of the day. There was no continental breakfast, just a small restaurant. Which i should have double checked myself but I was still bummed. Its difficult to take my young kids out to a restaurant for breakfast. The staff was fine. A little loud and aggressive for 6:30 am, but they were fine. The shower had a lot of black mildew stains between tiles. The door was so paper thin, I heard every person's conversation that walked by. There were no towels in the pool area and they never came after we asked for some. The plumbing in the rooms were so loud, I woke everyone the rooms next to us flushed a toilet or turned on water. I got very little sleep. But the bedding was comfortable and I loved having a fridge in the room.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Nice.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Great
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"Our stay during Art Prize"
First, we couldn't get into our room....didn't know we had to turn the handle 'up' instead of down, to open the door. The ceiling in our room started leaking water, badly. We were told it was from the air conditioner above us and were provided an extra garbage can to collect the dripping water. The worst part, however was the chlorine level was SO high in the pool/hot tub, that just walking in the room made my eyes tear. It ended up giving my son an asthma attack. I did complain to the front desk, the lady was nice about it, she gave us a free breakfast for our troubles. I would go back, but it was disappointing, we purposely picked a hotel with a pool/hot tub and our time was cut short due to the chlorine being so extremely high.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Not a 3 star."
The room wasn't well kept. The comforter had a dirt stain on it. The bathroom needed a good cleaning. Electrical devices were different colors with no rhyme or reason. The toilet ran all night. The had a restaurant but not continental breakfast. You can get a similar room at at cheaper hotel that has a free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Tired and musty"
This could be a nice hotel with a very thorough cleaning. There was a musty smell throughout the first and part of the second floor. Hallway carpets were filthy. The room seemed better until I found a one inch spider on my pillow- not conducive to a good night's sleep!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Mugs
"business in Grand Rapids"
comfortable room... great price!
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
It was great
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
We were just staying overnight. It was central to our needs and was clean, easy to find and the price was great.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Emily
"Mixed but mostly positive"
Clean rooms, dirty hallways and some dinged up fixtures but I would still stay there again. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the price was right.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
"Nice stay close to the airport"
We needed a place near the airport, and this hotel fit the bill. The room was quiet and very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Lesley
The site of a pile of mattresses in the parking lot was not pleasant!! Overall everything was fine, room was pretty clean and we had what we needed. The hotel looks a bit worn.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Grand Rapids weekend stay"
It was fine for the money, good area close to amenities,I would recommend this hotel
3 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Dale
"fair"
No free breakfast , mattresses outside that they were gonna get rid of was a eyesore. Made me wonder if there was a bedbug problem. No extra towels when asked..pool was nice..
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
"Hotel"
Housekeeping dept is poor. Spiders in room. Handicap room is very far from elevator! We will not stay or recommend this hotel. The location is great. The pool has too much chlorine floating on service.
4 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Theresia
Loved my stay. Very comfortable. The design of the building however was not very user friendly. The elevator was at the back of the building. Was glad I had no disabilities.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
tonya
We were in town for our nephew's wedding, which meant I needed to do some ironing of our garments. However, our room was supposed to come with an iron and ironing board. It did have the iron, but no ironing board to be found. Called the front desk our first night there and was told the maintenance man would bring it up after returning to the hotel from picking hotel guests up at the airport. Waited until 11 p.m. and did not receive the ironing board. My husband tried again the next morning and was told the same thing; we would get one after the maintenance man returned from the airport. We couldn't wait any longer this was the wedding day so we attempted to speak to housekeeping staff; they did not speak nor understand English so even when my attempt at charades of what we were needing failed I had to ask a passing guest in the hallway if I could bother them to borrow the ironing board from their room. Thank goodness he was willing to help and lent us theirs. This is the first time in all my life I have EVER needed to use the hotels ironing board and it was a giant task to try to get one that was advertised would be available in each guest room. The hotel itself, room, cleanliness, decor, etc was very nice and I would stay again, but a little disappointed in our minor request not being able to be handled and us having to bother another guest.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Okay mostly."
Staff was very friendly, walls very thin had pacer upstairs , the tub Matt was pulling up....it was gross mold, couple hair in the sink. Dirt on back of toilet. Bedding was clean, towels clean... It was okay but tub was a turn off. Staff Vert Nice!
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Alfred
The hotel was convenient to activities I wanted to do. There were good selections of restaurants as well as shopping. I thought the hotel was an overall good value.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Marcelle
"Choose a better option"
The Wyndham Garden near the Grand Rapids Airport isn't dangerous per se, it isn't scary, it isn't grossly uncomfortable either. Based on my experience, it is relatively unpleasant and a bad value. I found the front desk staff to be rude. When I entered to check in, the two of them were talking with each other, did not acknowledge my presence, and were complaining about a potential guest on the phone. When one did stop the gossip to check me in, she never did look me in the eye, was terse, and couldn't wait for me to go off to my room. The facility seemed like it was old and partially refurbished. Either they should have done a good complete job, or not bother. My room was strange. The signage to find the hotel was poor. While arriving at night, the hotel was very difficult to find -- the main sign is not next to the hotel, and the hotel is not clearly marked. Very odd. In my room, the door stuck and made a large crashing sound whenever it opened. I felt bad for anyone in a room near me as I"m sure it must have startled them. The room was small. Livable, but a mix of decent furniture and odd stuff thrown in haphazardly. There are lots of great hotels in Grand Rapids. Surely there is a better option.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
The room was not clean, hair in tub and bathroom floor. A large stain looked like blood. Some kind of cookie, mud or other crumbly brown stuff on carpet. Finally the mattress felt like I was going to roll off the bed. Would not recommend this hotel at all.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
"Sent to bed early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Attended the concert for Janet Jackson at Van Andel Arena, was 12 miles to downtown Grand Rapids, the hotel has only 1 elevator which is ridiculous, we walked to much.Is asked for certain room accomdation, none were meet, then to end the night we got a noise complaint after coming back from concert. I admit we may have been loud, but next time I will stay closer to downtown.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2015
carolyn
"Great family get-a-way"
We took a night to get away as a family to relax and enjoy ourselves! The hotel staff was amazing! Very clean! The pool & hot tub were both amazing and very clean! Great family atmosphere! We'd go again!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Martin, W
"VB in GR"
Nice clean rooms and hotel. I thought they had free breakfast though. Staff very nice. Was also surprised there was no blow dryer in the room.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Carolyn
"worth the money"
very nice clean room. a little bit of trouble finding it as the hotel is set off the main street and we missed the sign. only thing that upset us a little was that we weren't given directions to the elevator but the person at the front desk and had to wander around the first floor looking for it. you will definitely want to park at the back entrance which is closer to the elevator, if on a higher florr
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Very comfortable, great price"
Great property and a great price. Beds very comfortable. The staff was wonderful.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Kurt
"happy customer"
great service and great price
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Jerry
"Quiet and Cozy"
I stayed for one night, to break up a long trip up to Mackinac Island. My room was comfortable, quiet, and exactly what I needed to rest up for the rest of my drive! It was in a great area, a mile or so away from restaurant and shopping options. Overall, it was a great place to stay.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2015