All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
18 W 25th St, New York, NY, 10010, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Great band for the buck"
Much better than feared, somewhat better than hoped.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
LRL
small rooms, but clean.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Don't Expect Too Much and You Will Be Fine Here"
Definitely an older property. The layout on the room floors is just plain weird...you have to go thru heavy staircase doors to get to the nooks and crannies of the room wings. And those little clusters of 3 rooms make your neighbors ultra-noisy. You really hear everything, most of all the doors slamming as if they are in the same room with you. That being said, the room was larger than expected, very clean, and the view was great. Nice people at check-in. They get ultra-nasty at check-out. We were running a few minutes late and boy that call from the desk was all attitude, as if we were looking to get away with something. Had I not been in such a good mood from the weekend, I would have given them attitude right back. Neighborhood good for food: anything you want you can find around here. Lousy for free parking; don't bother. They validate at a Central Parking place on W 24th St and they will rip you off. So just find one before you get there and save the hassle. Chinese take out next door surprisingly good. Fried Chicken across the street at Hill Country was just ok. Walk a couple of blocks in any direction and find your passions.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2014
Lydia
The Comfort Inn Chelsea is well situated to visit NYC. We had requested adjoining rooms and that was not what we got when we checked in. However, after asking if they had any adjoining rooms they gave us a suite with 2 bedrooms. The rooms were very small with little room left after the beds but it worked beautifully for us to have a room to put our 2 year old to sleep while the adults sat in the 2nd bedroom. And we spent almost no time in the room anyway. It was a short walk to the subway which we appreciated since we were there on some brutally cold, windy days. And it seemed a relatively easy and quick access from Jersey.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"I would not recommend this hotel"
I tried to book the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea via Expedia, which I thought I had -- but the confirmation never came. So I looked online again for another good deal near Madison Square Garden and the Comfort Inn popped up for $277 (which is hardly cheap, but that's NY). First of all, it is not that close to Madison Square Garden. Second, they would not let my husband check in without me even though his name is in my profile and the credit card I used was his. I had to walk from work to check him in, then walk back - missing an hour of work time. Third, the hotel itself is really old, not well maintained and not remotely pleasant. Luckily the room, while tiny, had a good bed and pillows. That is really the only good thing I can say about it.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
Melanie
"Very Good location"
Room was very small as was bathroom. Water pressure was poor. It took too long to get hot water in sink which was difficult to control. My wife refused to shower due to cleanliness of room. Not worth the money.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Good hotel in Midtown."
Hotel room was small but not by NY standards. The facility needs remodeled, but has some nice antique architecture in the lobby ceiling. Good free breakfast everyday which will save you at least $25/day/couple. Bed was very comfortable, overall very good.
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Great place to stay. There were five of us which included my three grandchild. Very clean and comfortable. Would stay there again. Close to Penn Station. Breakfast each morning was excellent.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Good Location"
Good location, close to everything. The breakfast was good, just watchout for the nasty sausage and powered eggs.
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
Hotel was very satisfactory and conveniently located.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Top floor, view of brick building next door"
It was just one night, the room was simple, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Didnt have time to eat the complimentary breakfast, but it smelled great.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Molly
"Excellent overall experience"
Excellent location in NYC! Easy access to subways/buses/cabs. Very courteous and accommodating staff. Room was well-maintained. The included breakfast makes this an even better deal because it goes far beyond a boring, "free," continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, several juices, coffee and tea all day long in addition to the standard cereals, yogurt, fruit, and waffle-maker). I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others. Good job, Comfort Inn-Chelsea! As a frequent traveler to New York, i surprise myself with my enthusiasm. But, honestly, one of the best deals, reasonable rates, accommodations, and staff that i have encountered. Thank you for a pleasant, one-week stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
smm
"Great value"
Third time I've stayed at this hotel. Make no mistake, it's a Comfort Inn. In New York City that means basic and older. But the rooms are clean, comfortable, reasonably sized (for NYC) and, at least in my experience, quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful, and there's free breakfast. The location is great for my needs, and the neighborhood is good. If you're traveling to NYC on a budget and don't need to be in midtown, this is one worth checking out.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"Clean spacious room for NYC, great location!"
We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and spaciousness of the hotel room (Unlike many other NYC hotel rooms, the bed didn't take up the ENTIRE room.) We also had a fantastic view of the Empire State Building. Front desk and concierge were courteous and helpful, and the housekeeping service was great. That being said, this hotel is very basic. Very little ammenities ... but hey, hotel ammenities aren't why we were coming to the city. Close to subway lines, fantastic location in Chelsea. Reasonably priced! We'll stay here again the next time we come to New York.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Greta
"Fair priced hotel in midtown New York"
We found the hotel easily,just following a map as it is so close to Broadway, we enjoyed the breakfasts, but were a little surprised by the plastic plates and cutlery. Our room was clean and tidy and the staff helpful and friendly. Nice hot showers. Great to be able to open the window!!!
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
John and Bronia
Noisy - there were a lot of yound children making a lot of noise - from about 8:30 to 10:30 at night. The stairways smelled of smoke. Clearly, there were guests smoking in the stairwells and the hotel did not seem to care.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Fine for a quick overnight stay."
The "suite" was merely two rooms connected into one, so it wasn't exactly a suite, but it was adequate for our needs.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Chuck
"Ideal Location"
The Hotel was OK so far as location and choices of restauramts within walking distance from the hotel.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Donelle
"Great location, right near Madison Square park"
I had a short stay on business, and it was a great location to be in, clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Small rooms but excellent value for NYC"
Yes, the rooms were small and nothing special, but they were clean, comfortable, had everything we needed including a fridge. The breakfast that was included was good and sadded to an exceptional value based on location and proximity to Penn Station - an easy walk.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Lynn
"Convenient location near a park"
Very old small spaced building and long wait for the elevator especially if cleaning teams are at work late afternoon with an old spiral staircase alternative. There are narrow halls, extra fire doors, and small elevators. Old loose doors do not provide silent sleeping when other occupants are coming in/out all hours of the night/morning causing my door to move and bang against the frame with fire door openings (air vacuums). Clean rooms and facility. This has a convenient location near a subway for speedy transportation, a CVS for basic needs and a great Food Market with fresh fruits and vegetable foods as well as other things. Staff is pleasant and very willing to help, great quality of service..
5 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
First time NY Visitor
"Great little hotel in Chelsea."
$10 cab ride to almost anywhere.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"location, location, location"
Location was perfect, the hotel is in need of renovation. The staff was friendly, but the room was not made up when we returned every day after 4 pm and I had to call the front desk to have it done. Breakfast was included and my wife had NO yogurt. I was told they ran out. The muffins were dry and tasteless.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Old New Yorker
Good location for the metro and walking was good for some of the Manhattan sites. Breakfast was great. The only minor inconvenience was that enough towels were never left for our six people. Staff was most helpful and knowledgeable.
4 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2013
"very convenient"
nothing fancy - but very convenient, clean and with a great breakfast - although the breakfast room is small and was always full!
3 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
"Not recommended, certainly not for the price paid."
Pretty dumpy hotel. Small cramped hallways with fire doors every 20 feet, dead air. Room air conditioners noisy. Rooms small. When I asked for some shaving cream (note in room stated that forgotten toiletries available at front desk), I was given some packets with a very dried up past that was unusable. Breakfast was good.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Its ok"
Alot of work being done outside.....door didn't shut very good..
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
kimberly
"Average Hotel."
Ok location and average room. I have had worse and I certainly have had better.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Poot.r
"Not great"
No A/C in the lobby. It was a super hot day in July and the didn't have any A/C on in the lobby or halls. I arrived early and checked my bag. Just waiting a few minutes until the bell person was available, I was dripping with sweat. My room was super hot when I arrived. It cooled down after I put on the A/C, though. The room and bathroom were very, very small. For $250, I expected more.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2013
"One night stay for PRIDE WEEKEND. Great place"
We choose the hotel because it was a good price and near the area we wanted to view the PRIDE PARADE. I would stay there again for a future trip and eventhough this trip was just one night I would stay multiple nights here - no problem. It is a well located room for a nice NYC visit. It is not a resort experience, just a very practical, good, clean, comfortable home-base to explore the city. Not the most modern like a "W" Sheraton style hotel but just fine. The building is older (I found that most city rooms are a little "tight") so you have to be realistic in you can expect from an NYC room. The staff was fantastic and we really enjoyed the breakfast that was included. Book it - don't worry. You will be fine if your focus is to explore the city and you need a nice clean comfortable place to stay that offers a good location.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Dennis
"Totally fine"
We stayed at the Comfort Inn in order to be close to the Irish Repetory Theater and had a terrific time. The hotel met all our expectations-- comfortable, clean, nice staff. The breakfast was very nice with lots of options. Room was small but that's NYC!! We would stay again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
"Good for the price"
This hotel was just a short walk from Penn Station and was a good stay for the price. The room was small but comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good. The only negative was that the room did have a slight cigarette smell even though it was a nonsmoking room.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
The breakfast was not how it was described. It was from 7:00 to 10:00 am. If you got there after 9:00 they didn't refill anything . They brought out eggs in a bag to refill the pan. ?? They only had one elevator and it was slow!!
3 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Funky old hotel"
Cold staff, especially owners, concierge/bellman/luggage storage- whole set up really weird. Bed comfortable, really old linens, towels (paper thin) nasty bedspread. Only saving grace is location (by Madison Park,) and great housekeepers- very hardworking and honest!!! If I owned a hotel I would hire them!!!
7 night trip Jun 2, 2013
Rooms are small, typical for New York hotels in this price range, but clean and decently appointed. Bathroom door frame was loose and rotted away at the bottom on one side but that was the only sign of lack of care. Breakfast (included) was a good value--lots of choices, but avoid the fake eggs. Best thing is the location, a block from Madison Park and within a few blocks of four different subway lines for easy access to any part of the city you want to get to. I have stayed here before and will do so again.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Gail
"Perfect Room"
I had a great stay here. I requested the top floor away from the elevator and that is what I got and it was very quiet. Best rest I've ever gotten in the city. The bathroom had two light bulbs out which were quickly replaced when I told the front desk and the safe would not work but I never had them come take a look. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I was a bit disappointed when I used the guest services book to try to find a restaurant in the area that delivered. I called three places that were in the book and none were delivering. I think this needs to be updated more frequently. I also did not find the concierge to be helpful at all. When asking for directions she told me to look them up on my phone. All in all it was a good stay and I will go back and would love to have the same room.
4 night trip May 13, 2013
Mari
"Great location, ok hotel"
The hotel was dingy, very thin walls, really warm in the room, and had a bit of a weird smell in the hallways. The big plus was that the room was decent sized and customer service was great. The hotel is also in a convenient location.
1 night trip May 15, 2013
"Decent hotel"
The room was clean, but small.
1 night trip May 8, 2013
Crowhill
"Pleasantly surprised"
The hotel room was more than I really wanted to pay for one night, but after seeing the room I was surprised about how spacious (for Manhattan) it was. The room was clean, came with two beds and a couch. The couch was unexpected and perfect so my friends and I didn't have to share a bed. The hotel was in a great location. Right in the middle of everywhere I wanted to go. The only issue we had was no reception for phones, and the free wi-fi didn't have a strong signal, but it was free so I can't really complain.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Stephen
"Not that bad!!"
My only gripe was the slow/small elevators that are separated and onfacing walls. The breakfast facility is first rate and the food is fine. Well staffed. The room was as quiet as any I've had in the Big Apple. Room had a king size bed where a queen or standard would fit.
5 night trip Apr 18, 2013
ed
"very good furniture"
The tub in the bath room was stucked. Otherwise it is a good place.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2013
"Great stay. Great staff. Highly recommend!"
Great friendly staff. Hotel is kept up very nicely and is very clean. Room was a normal NYC-type room, meaning a smaller space and with narrower halls than your average hotel, but you expect this in these old city buildings! King bed was comfy, bathroom was cute and clean. Continental breakfast was served also which is a plus, but we didn't get up in time. =) Great place to stay in the city! Near many subway stations and right off the busy Broadway/Madison Sq. Park drag...in a safe area with many people around doing their day-to-day. Park has Shake Shack, best cheeseburger in town and worth the wait in the line.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"Adequate (but very basic) accommodations"
This hotel was convenient for me (close to businesses on Madison Avenue and restaurants/shops on 5th Avenue) and it was quite adequate for the price in New York City. The steps to the hotel were under construction at the time of my visit, so it was difficult to enter and leave the property, especially with suitcases (I believe one could enter through the Asian restaurant next door, but I did not try this). The elevators are old and a bit scary. The room itself, while adequate, was noisy due to the constant running of the heater/AC and strange noises coming from the small refrigerator. This hotel provides a complimentary breakfast which is basic, but very welcomed.
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Location great; cleanliness not; walls paper thin"
The room was very small, which was fine, but because of the building's U-shape, there was no natural light in the room at any point. The building was old but generally well maintained and had some neat architectural features. However, I found some long black hairs on the blanket between the sheets and the comforter which made me wonder whether it had been washed between guests. Also, the walls are paper thin. I had a difficult time sleeping due to hearing every toilet flush, t.v. and door open/shut on the floor. I will not stay there again. The great location wasn't enough to offset the questionable cleanliness and noise level.
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2013
"Exactly what you'd expect"
A decent value for Manhattan. But as you'd expect, postage stamp sized rooms (my door couldn't open fully because it hit the king sized bed - which took up more than half if the room), and nothing remotely luxurious. All basic. But clean, comfortable bed and convenient location. The free breakfast wasn't bad. Again, all in all a good value.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2013
Keith
Room was small but nice. Reasonably priced. Elevator was useless. Took forever so we used the stairs almost always.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2013
"Very good location and great for the money"
Its hard to beat a hotel in this area for the price. It is only a few blocks from Penn Station, Times Square, Broadway, etc. The rooms are a bit small but I knew this going in. My only real issue is that if you do not get to breakfast really early there isnt any later. It seems that they only put out breakfast once or twice and if you miss it you dont eat.
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2013
The staff wasn't the most helpful but they were sufficient. My greatest complaint was that there was an International tour group of High School students staying at the hotel the same time I was there. While I did not hear them, trying to run in and grab breakfast each morning before getting out the door was impossible considering they filled to overflowing the entire room and into the lobby. I had to go elsewhere each morning. Hotel's fault, no. But wish I knew when booking, would have chosen a different hotel
3 night trip Mar 20, 2013
"Great hotel for business trip"
It was good place to stay for a couple of days. It was fairly small. The room could have used some cleaning, but overall it was good.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
"Weird smell only problem"
The room was compact but clean and had everything we needed. The only thing wrong was a strong smell as soon as you went through the door into our wing which continued into the room. It was like a strongly perfumed cleaning product covering up b.o. The in-room safe was easy to use, we had a nice sliver of sky out the window, and the shower water pressure and temperature worked well. Wifi was also decent, each floor had its own connection so the signal was strong enough.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2013