All hotels in Grand Haven, Michigan, United States of America
1500 S Beacon Blvd, Grand Haven, MI, 49417, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Bad/ good things"
The beds were very small, no microwave or fridge in the rooms. Pool is heated and nice. Hot tub is so hot you can't step in because it burns you. Not enough staff. Had waffles , juice, bread, yogurt and really nasty omelets that were just in fridge and needed to microwave.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Wendy
"conveniently located to everything"
Stayed to watch super bowl game. Room was cleaned comfortable had coffee maker, refrig, microwave for our snacks, WiFi which I used while my husband watched game. Continetal breakfast next morning. Would stay again. Game was disappointing.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2014
kathy
"Pet friendly and nice staff"
The staff went out of their way to put us in a nice quiet room where we could stay with our two small dogs without stressing them (or us) out. The room was nice and clean, but showing some age/wear. We will definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Easy to find, right on a main road. The only thing that happened was the jacuzzi was down for repairs. But not an issue, the room has a good deep tub!
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Lake Michigan"
Building needs repairs. Bath fan did not work, a lot of repairs need done. Great staff. If I booked thru them $59.99 with dinner. So I over paid. Learned a lesson
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Beverly Ward
"Uncomfortable beds"
Nice room, clean, close to pool which was nice for kids, beds were old & lumpy, needed replacement.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Jean A
Hotel was clean. Room was comfortable. Pool area was excellent. Was not aware there was not an elevator and had to take 83 yr old up stairs to second floor. That would be the only negative I would have.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
There are many things that are yesterday and need to be addressed. For the condition of the room it was overpriced. I have stayed in much worse.but I would find another place for a similar price.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Mckenzie
No complaints here!
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
Shannon
"Lumpy Bed"
We had twin queen size beds. One was so uncomfortable my wife (Ellen) could not sleep on it and could only get 5 hours sleep. We noticed water damage in the bath room and there was no lock on the outside access door. Anyone could walk in there without going past the desk. The continental bfast was basically cereal, toast and lumpy oatmeal. We went to McDonalds. No fridge, and I could not connect my laptop to the wi-fi. On the plus, the staff was very personable and courteous.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Ellen & Dan
"Nice convenient location"
Very nice hotel. Clean room- indoor pool was very clean and warm! We will stay again next time we are in town.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
D.G.
"Whoa...needs to be updated BIG TIME!"
The hotel is obviously in a great location....the closest hotel to downtown grand haven besides B&B's. Unfortunately the rooms need MAJOR help. The towels, linens, carpet and bathroom fixtures are horrible. Yes, they may be clean (I HOPE???) but its sad to see this hotel in this state. They need to dump some money into the place and update the basics. We wont be staying there again. Not worth it. Didnt even try the breakfast....went across the street to grab a coffee at Tim Hortons. If the breakfast was lacking like the rooms were then we didnt want to even try it. Yuck. Look for a B&B if you can.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Quick overnight."
I only needed a place for a quick overnight stay before a local race. The place matched my expectations except for the poor quality of the mattress, the stains (blood) on the sheets, and a bug crawling on my pillow in the morning that looked a lot like a bed bug. If I hadn't been in a rush I would have complained and bright the bug to the front desk. With new mattresses and clean sheets the room would have gotten much higher ratings.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Breakfast leaved a lot to desire"
Ok property. Nothing special. Clean and the bed was comfortable. Typical older hotel room with no place to plug in electronics. WiFi was decent. The free breakfast was very sparse.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Chuck
"Great value for the price. Good company location."
The swimming pool eas big and clean with great hot tub.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Not bad for the price"
It wasn't bad. The needs were uncomfortable but the pilots were okay. Loud kids and teens running through the hall, but staff stored them. Nice pool and whirlpool. Nice and deep to relax.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Tal
"Comfortable, convenient to down town & beach"
Good value and very convenient to down town, restaurants and beach. Our rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. We were pleased with our stay.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
The location was just what I needed as I was there to attend my class reunion at the country club. It was also convenient for visiting places downtown and the musical fountain. Restaurants were nearby also which we like while traveling.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Perfect place to stay for a cousin's beach wedding"
The hotel was quiet for our Saturday night stay. It was convenient to restaurants. We recommend asking for a room in the back to lessen road noise.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Lapeerwesties
It wasn't as clean as I like things to be. Bathrooms were far away from the pool. The back door did not require a key to get in, which is very unsafe.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"A few issues..."
Have had very good experiences at this hotel in the past (nice pool), but this trip was a bit of a disappointment. First, when we checked into our rooms we noticed there was no refrigerator in the room. Perhaps I didn't read the amenities as closely as I should have, having stayed at this hotel in the past and always had a fridge (needed for special diet), and when I asked the manager about a room with a fridge, I was told there weren't any available, and no special effort was made to fix the situation in any way. The second issue concerns cleanliness. The rooms appeared fairly clean, but we did have an issue with something left in the room. When first told about the issue, the management didn't even apologize; however, later on in our stay they did express regret and were more helpful. If rooms were vacuumed daily I don't think we would have had the problem we did. Other than that, our stay was okay. We didn't eat the breakfast, which seemed okay but nothing special.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Great trip"
Hotel rooms were very clean. Staff very helpful. Much better then I thought it would be. Close to beach.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Staff unfriendly, brkfst horrible, beds uncomfort"
When we checked in initially, the woman was very nice and helpful but there was no elevator only steps!!! We had a lot of luggage w/ us and had to carry it all at the same time up these stairs!! Exhausting!!! Then we got to our room and the door was hard to open w/ card key, but was very clean and well maintained. The beds were very uncomfortable so we didn't get much sleep, the breakfast was horrible for what they advertised as a "deluxe bf" the food was not fresh and bread was moldy!!! When we would pass staff in hallway they were not friendly, including the manager. When we asked the staff at the desk for ideas on attractions and places to eat, they were very unfriendly and acted like we were bothering and inconveniencing them.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Dee
"Close to beach"
Hotel is starting to show it's age. Couldn't believe there was no mini refrig. Front desk was very nice and helpful. They even put our ice packs in their freezer. Washer and dryer was very convenient for beach towels
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
Barbara C
"maid service not very good"
location was very good, the surrounding neighborhood was very good, but the rooms themselves were not comfortable. 4 of the 6 beds were too soft. the other 2 beds were too hard. mattresses need replacing. older tv. I went downstairs for breakfast and came back up to my room and it was half-cleaned. no vacuuming and worst of all my door was open and not locked. the maid came in while I was eating breakfast half-cleaned and left the door unlocked. not very happy with the overall stay. steps, no elevator.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
The hotel is better than what was described in reviews considering it s last minutes plan. Strong odor on first floor hallway but we stayed on 2nd floor. So it didnt bother us directly. Maid was little persistent on first morning. Pool were nice.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
julie
"Nice Hotel, Close to a lot of town amenities."
Used the hotel as a convenient base point for all activities that we attended in town including the beach.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Greg & Judy
"Good Deal"
Clean hotel, good for the price. Breakfast was rather slim pickings but it did have plenty of cereal, bagels, and doughnuts which is good enough for me. Right next to a Cold Stone Ice cream shop, within a mile of Walmart and Meijer (for an extra $5 you can get a little fridge in your room). The hotel had a GREAT pool, and that's all that matters to my young children, so overall, it was a really good experience. About 1.5 miles to the beach.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"We would stay here again."
The hotel staff were all friendly. The cleaning staff were very friendly and even cheerfully cleaned up a dead spider for us. The continental breakfast was well stocked at 9:30am even when they were done serving at 10am. Great experience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Rose
"just ok"
it was kind of disappointing. the pool was the best part but the room was small, there wasn't a fridge or a dvd player. those little things help when you travel with little kids. there was an issue with the key cards as well--they kept demagnetizing.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
season
"nice hotel near downtown and State Park"
Okay, clean Days Inn. Breakfast could have more to offer, good thing Tim Horton's is right next door.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
JZ
"Good hotel, well placed"
very comfortable. We made a mistake with our booking which the front desk sorted out very kindly and efficiently.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
lynne
"Great Staff, Poor Quality Room"
Hotel staff was great - courteous, friendly, helpful, etc. The pool area was nice as well - seemingly clean with flexible hours. Location in Grand Haven was great - close to Lake Michigan, restaurants, downtown, etc. Room, however, had several issues. For starters, the toilet clogged constantly. Secondly, there was mold and cobwebs in the window sill. Finally, we did find a bug (beetle) in the bathroom. Overall, not a great value considering what we paid for the room.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
"Not Bad. Not Good."
Room 145. I stayed here during 4th of July weekend. It was just OK. After reading reviews, I was under the impression that some of the rooms had been remodeled, and some hadn't yet. Upon arrival I asked if I could be placed in one of the updated rooms. I was told they were painting and putting new carpet in the hallways, but none of the rooms had been updated. When I stayed here Memorial Day weekend 2012 they were redoing hallways. wha'?? It can't take that long to do some hallways! The room was acceptable. There were no funky odors. The bathroom had extremely dirty corners, but who lives or sleeps in the bathroom corner? The shower curtain was white, stain-free and looked new. The shower head was an awesome Water Pik with variable settings, and plenty of water pressure! The shower head had also been modified to accomodate taller people, which was awesome. The seal in the window was broken, so it was cloudy, but there's no view anyhow. Old tube TV's. The pool area was nice and clean. The pool was HOT...which is better than too cold to dip a toe I suppose. The hot tub was perfect temp. I found it a bit odd that you didn't need a key to get into the building from any of the outside entry points. The pool area was secure. They also have laundry facilities, which was nice to wash our beach towels. There's a Best Western across the street, which I might look into for next time.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Kim M
"Near an amazing beach"
Great stay!! Very cool vacation destination with an amazing beach. Hotel just a 5 minute drive. Beds very comfortable. Pretty good breakfast. Would stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Nice place. Great pool"
No complaints. We had a good experience. The place was clean and had a good location
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"Not a bad place to stay"
This hotel wasn't bad. I had read reviews prior to booking, so I was prepared for anything. It's an older hotel, so you get what you get. Staff was friendly and helpful; pool/hot tub was nice; and rooms were adequate. Continental breakfast was pretty minimum, but it's a great location for grand haven.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Close to Grand Haven"
I have been to this hotel several times, and the service has always been excellent.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"Typical Days Inn, just a bit overpriced"
I assume the price is a bit higher because Grand Haven is a tourist town, but the rate didn't match up with the value. The room was musty, the breakfast was almost inedible, and there were maintenance people working in the hallways at 7 a.m. The location is central and there is a lot of parking. The pool also looked nice, but we didn't use it. Overall, this place was just a little too pricey for what customers get.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
The bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
There were several areas that need upgrading and/or issues because of deferred maintenance. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013
"Nice place to stay."
This is the third year that I've stayed here for the Great Lakes Kite festival. Very nice property and easy to get to the State Park for the festival. The property is undergoing some renovations and painting. But that didn't interfere with the stay. I expect it will be even nicer once the sprucing up is complete.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"A So-So Experience"
I have stayed at this motel several times in the past, but this was my most disappointing stay there. Positives - front desk staff was very friendly, pool and hot tub were nice. Negatives - Pillows hurt my neck so bad that my first stop after the first night there was at a pharmacy for some heat wraps. Housekeeping was very loud and pounded on the door at 9am. I told them to come back, which they did after we left for the day. The next morning they did not come to our door, probably because we were checking out that day, but were loudly knocking on other doors up and down the hallway. I just wished they had been a bit more considerate. Perhaps adjust their schedules so they're not in such a hurry to get their job done. I think I'll stay across the road next time I'm in Grand Haven.
2 night family trip May 9, 2013
"great"
I only stayed there for one night but it was very quiet and relaxing. People were nice and polite
Romance trip May 4, 2013
"Days Inn in GH"
This was a good home away from home. The staff was terrific.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Jenny
"Great hotel overall"
Wonderful experience
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
No refrigerator or microwave in room as indicated.
4 night business trip Mar 26, 2013
smith
lOved the friendly staff especially Seth. Our grand kids loved the pool.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2012
mandolynn
It was very satisfying.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2012
"friendly helpful staff"
Great beaches, good restaurants, wonderful small town
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2012