All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
106 W 12th Street, Kansas City, MO, 64105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pre-flight"
Short overnight before flying out of KC. As always a great place to stay. Polite and helpful staff, great bar for starting or finishing up your night and shuttle service was far better than getting a cab.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Brendan
Short walk to the Sprint Center and Power and Light.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Noisy room"
The biggest complaint was the nooice you can hear outside the room. The door when closed does not have a good seal. When people are outside your door it sounds like they are inside the room. There were people speaking loudly outside the room at 3am and it woke us up because it sounded like they were inside our room. The room was clean enough. The tile grout in the bathroom can be cleaned better. It has some mold. The bed is not very comfortable. It can use some cushioning.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Argelia
"Beautiful old hotel that has a HVAC problem"
We encountered an exceptionally noisy AC blower and a inoperable thermostat where we could not cool the room down under 75 degrees.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Gr=eat Downtown location and competitive price"
Staff was exceptional Restroom had peeling wall paper showing a little age and the bed was very squeaky, almost felt it was going to collapse
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Hotel Phillips: a great place to stay in KC"
The room and facilities were fantastic. And the lobby was a quite a trip back to and era of opulence! The room with two beds was extremely large and offered a degree of privacy between the areas with their respective beds. I was sharing the room with a colleague, and we both appreciated the size of the room and the amenities. Even the bathroom was quite large!
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Great Throw back hotel"
wow what a gem- the hotel was a throw back to the roaring 40's - great furniture- decorated beautifully. The restaurant really good I'd rate it a 10.The only downside was the service in the hotel- awful-slow- unresponsive-took forever to answer the front desk phone- even the service at restaurant was so so. Lovely place over-all.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Tanya
"Hotel refurbishment should worry more about staff"
Noise at 2 am every morning was terrible. Management refused to do anything about it and threatened me if I called one more time to complain about the people partying and throwing up next to us that they would never allow me back.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"weekend trip"
we would stay at Hotel Phillips again. only thing is we had a dog and did not receive the perks they mention on the website, no treats or bed or water bowl, etc. it is a great location if you are staying in downtown KC
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"BEST STAFF"
Great staff.. Had a few quirks with the room but the staff more than made up for them making everything right very quickly, would stay again for sure because of the staff. Great bar in hotel was a bonus!!
2 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
chuck
"Good Job One and All"
We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Phillips. Check in was efficiently handled by a very pleasant and courteous employee. The room was spacious and well-appointed. A well-maintained 1930s 'feel' to the public rooms and very pleasant and helpful members of staff made this a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
malcolminbt
"Dirty Hotel Rooms"
I am an avid traveler for work and this by far was the dirtiest room I have ever experienced with my travels. It's a huge inconvenience to have to switch rooms and with years of travel under my belt, this is one of the few times I have insisted in switching...due to the filthy nature of the room, I changed rooms 3 times. There was garbage behind the night stand in one room and a pill on the bathroom floor in plain sight in another room. The shower and toilets were filthy in both rooms. The third room was just ok. I would never have expected a hotel of this beauty to have such filthy rooms.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Emily
"Hotel Phillips in KCMO doesn't measure up!"
Stayed four nights. My suite #720 was very dark and outdated. Bed was comfortable, but the room did not live up to your website portrayal. I've traveled a lot and based on that this suite should not be priced at more than $110.00 nightly.
4 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Carl
"close to power and light district"
It would be nice to have parking close by. Road construction close by hard to get around in car.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Not a four star"
The hotel is an older hotel and isn't in great condition the rooms aren't laid out well
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Carlos
"Not great"
I give this hotel a solid meh rating. I wouldn't describe it as nice to anyone. Not real clean, workout room is a joke, no frills, super old and it shows. But hey if "character" is your thing, go for it. Me I'll stay at the Westin down the street for the same price.
3 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"LV2KC"
Enjoyable
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Staycation"
Fantastic "staycation" for our anniversary. The stage was wonderful!
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Joni
"Nice hotel!"
Clean comfortable rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Fitness Center (small room) needs an upgrade.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"weekend in Kansas City"
I went to Kansa City for my daughter's volleyball tournament. I wanted a hotel close to convention center. I enjoy old, historic hotels that have been renovated with updates. The Hotel Phillips was centrally located to the convention center. The renovation/update was tastefully done. The room was very small but very clean. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The only issue I had was parking. With no parking facility I had to rely on Valet which was a little pricey. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and I would stay there again.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
Doug
"Successful family gathering"
Staff was very cordial & attentive. The lobby & adjacent areas provided ample nooks for people to meet in small groups for conversations. Hotel restaurant was well staffed, friendly & prompt, food was both very good and good value.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Nostalgic Feel and Look"
I enjoy staying at older hotels (not part of a chain) that have been remodeled with modern amenities. The Hotel Phillips was completed and opened in 1931 and has maintained a lot of the charachter from it's early days. Staff was very professional and accomodating. There were many things I liked about the hotel, such as the decor, size of rooms and location. Nice restaurant and bar in the lobby. Convenient valet and fairly reasonable. The only complaint I have is that the room was a little dusty in a few spots, specifically round the lamps and behind end tables and the in room coffee pot. The bathroom sink area was very small it made it difficult to do hair and makeup. The bathroom door was in the way alot while I was trying to do my hair. But, it is an older hotel and one of the reasons could be because of the initial design. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay!
Beth
"What a shame"
Couldn't ask for a more pleasant reception the ladies at check in was great however the servers in the restaurant were extremely rude Nikki had a real attitude when she discovered we were only going to have drinks an breakfast server was equally rude. Scott was amazing!!! The room was filthy an nasty every where I looked it was covered with dust the phone was nasty so I refused to eat there if they would put us in a nasty room I cant imagine what it looks behind close doors dont go if u want or expect a clean room!!!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"I had higher expectations..."
The location of this hotel is great! That's it's biggest selling point. The lobby and bar/restaurant are also very nice. Unfortunately the rooms aren't quite what one would expect for over $200/night in Kansas City. First, they are tiny. I mean the door hits the wall when you open it to enter & the bed takes up the rest of the space. Beds are not really soft or firm, just springy. When we arrived the AC had been shut off, and it was very stuffy in the room. It took nearly 2 hours for the system to cool the tiny space! You would think they would adjust it to a comfortable temp when they knew guests were coming to the room. The walls are thin - you definitely hear your neighbors through the bathroom, and there is no ventilation fan. That can be written off to an old hotel, I guess. What can't is their attitude toward booking though hotels.com. While I requested a king bed on the booking site, I was informed when I called the hotel that they won't honor requests through 3rd party sites. Because I didn't book directly through them I was not able to have a king bed, it had to be a queen for hotels.com customers. It specifically listed it as a king/queen bed room on the site & asked for my preference. Very disappointing! Overall the hotel was fine for a night when everyone else in the area was sold out. If I had the option to choose another hotel I would probably stick with the Marriott next door!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Shanna
"Nice and diligent staff"
althogh it took a little bit long to check in, the front desk staff did a great job updating me frequently and offering a complimentary drink to make me feel welcome and relaxed
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Quick getaway"
great stay at a historic hotel in the heart of downtown KC. Nice perk of free shuttle service within a four mile radius for shopping and dinning.
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Do not stay here!"
This hotel is awful. It is a scam. Do not stay here. We booked a room through expedia because it was listed as a 4 star hotel. When we got to our room, it was 81 degrees in the room, and the ac was broken in our room. They informed us they were sold out and could not give us another room, so we were stuck in a stuffy room. They also said, the ac units frequently break in the rooms! On top of that, the room was filthy--dust everywhere, smelled musty, food smashed into the carpet, and hairs in the bathtub. When I attempted to speak with a supervisor, I was brushed off. I was so disappointed in this hotel.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Ok"
great, but our AC wasnt working and the room became hot and humid.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Good location for access to the Sprint Center (Big 12 Basketball Tournament). The room went 2 days without beds being made or clean towels provided. Reported to the desk the first evening but no one showed up while we were out to dinner. A second call at least got us a few clean towels. I was billed for overnight parking - problem is I didn't drive! I'll try a different hotel next time.
4 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Alfred
"Nice Older Hotel"
Clean rooms, but very small. This hotel has character.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Disgusting water faucet"
Kind of old place. Not bad but bit great. Probably tenth best place in Kc
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Over Priced and Small"
We rented the Executive King Room. I travel the country for my job and have stayed at numerous hotels, usually when you get a room of this caliber it is spacious and comfortable. The rooms here are pretty small and over priced. After eating we returned to our room and my fiancé was laughing and being merry, so someone from the hotel knocks on our door and told us to keep it down, we were not even being that loud! However the hotel did offer a free valet that had good suggestions for dinner and was super friendly, his name was Scott and was the only good thing about our stay here.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take all customer comments very seriously in order to improve our product and services. We are sad to hear that we fell short of your expectations, but glad to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff and our hotel shuttle. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Rooms are too small for me"
The rooms are really small
1 night trip Mar 10, 2015
Arturo
"Excellent customer service and location"
What really stood out to us was the friendliness of the hotel staff from the valet attendants to the cleaning staff. They were all extremely friendly. The A/C in first room we were given didn't work. Their staff was very quick to get us taken care of and in another room. The next day we were asked if the new room met our expectations. We liked that. Another plus is the awesome location. If you want to be at the Power & Light District, this is the hotel you want. What we would say was not the best was the cleanliness of our room. We noticed cobwebs. The bathroom sink faucet was not clean. It wasn't bad enought to be a deal breaker though. We would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Todd
"Hotel Phillips avoid it!!"
The room was absolutely filthy! There was a very thick layer of dust in the entire room, bathroom, carpet edges, everywhere. There was an empty water bottle behind the nightstand with an even thicker layer of dust on it. The sheets weren't changed on day 2 cleaning which I'm ok with if they post a note or ask your permission, but they didn't. They didn't replenish the toiletries and a tiny bottle of anything with 2 people over 2 days is not enough! Very disappointed!!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Beth
"Great location but poor room condition"
Great location. However, shower didn't work correctly, light bulbs out and room hadn't been dusted lately. For the price, I expected more.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Regan
"bad bed!!!!!!! not great rest"
Hotel was in a great location but one of the worst beds. For the price, i will stay someone else next time. The bed was like a mix between a air matress and a motel bed. n
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Friendly staff"
Had a quick layover in KC and made a last minute reservation. Staff was very helpful and accommodating, and gave us a free upgrade since it was our first time at the hotel. They also offered to give us a ride to a nearby restaurant in the hotel's shuttle. The room was clean, but the walls were rather thin and we could hear the person across the hall from us very easily.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Nice clean hotel with friendly employees. TV kept cutting out and toilet seat was loose.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"So glad I chose Phillips for convention center!"
The beautifully restored Art Deco period details throughout the hotel are fantastically charming. The staff was excellent, the strong wifi was the envy of all my colleagues at other hotels around the convention center. Rooms were all new and clean. Chose it because the conference hotel was booked up but now highly recommended! Just as close and 10x the charm.
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Cynthia
"Had a great stay!"
My wife and I came to Kansas City to see a concert and stayed at Hotel Phillips. The hotel was top notch all the way. The woman behind the desk at check in was super friendly as was the person who helped get our bags from the car and take them up to our room. The view from the 18th floor was very cool, especially at night. The hotel is also in a great location, well within walking distance from Sprint Center, restaurants and nightlife. We will definitely be back.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
Derek
"great choice for a conference stay"
Served my needs very well as I attended a conference at convention center. Great staff and service, except once trying to get a table at restaurant.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Creepy"
Great location -everything else needs help. Room was creepy and certainly felt like someone was watching me all the time. Needs updating
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Philippe
"Very nice lobby and restaurant."
Stayed 1 night. Staff was great Especially the valets! Very nice lobby. Room was clean and large but not as nice as the lobby. Definitely a good place for adults but not kids.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Wonderful downtown location with great staff."
Very nice hotel.. Staff friendly and helpful..from front desk to maids to engineering(promptly replaced battery in remote for tv), to valets and shuttle driver. free shuttle to local events was very much appreciated especially in the snow storm. Only complaint would be thin walls.. Neighbors up late and hall noise echoes..
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Friendly Phillips needs some additional care."
My four day three night stay at the Phillips was enhanced by the friendly, competent and caring staff but marred by a poor bed and lack of housekeeping service.The staff at the front desk in the beautiful reception area and valet service were great; the "12 Baltimore" dining room was among the est I've ever experienced in service, quality and value; the location can't be beat for downtown KC. However my small room lacked a comfortable bed or chair and housekeeping just plain skipped me one day. When I called the front desk to request the service, they jumped, bringing me coffee packs, shampoo, offering to move me, etc.--but, too late. All-in-all I would stay there again, but the beds and housekeeping service need some attention.
3 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Leon
"Beautiful Hotel"
The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Very clean and bed was very comfortable. The only problem we had was the thermostat in the room didn't work. Wouldn't go past 69 and when we said something to the front desk she said there was nothing they could do because rooms were full and maintenance was gone. A manager came out and offered us more blankets and a fan. Not sure how a fan would help since it was cold but he was very nice about it. Valet was very nice and caught us a cab very fast.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Brandie
"Poor service"
Have stayed at the hotel quite a few times and been pretty happy except for the last 2. On check in the girl at the desk was pretty inconsiderate and implied that my girlfriend was maybe a mistress. Even the manager said "sorry she asks too many questions" making the implication even worse. As for the room, as my last review said, water pressure is awful. Good luck shaving at the sink. And the irons...for goodness sake invest twenty bucks a room and get some irons that work. dont iron an expensive garment as the iron is unreliable and leaks all over. I told the front desk this stuff and she seemed pretty unconcerned. Will not stay again, which is sad because i have some fond memories there and try to stay at the hotel everytime i am in kc.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
joe
"VALET PARKING"
I came to Kansas City for two reasons. One to drop off a friend at the hospital for surgery and the other to Visit Lawrence for a college visit for my daughter. checking in was wonderful and the dinner was fabulous. When we were leaving to take my friend to the hospital the hotel had no idea where my keys were they did not even have me on the Valet list. I had proof of a valet ticket and a valet charge on my bill. I was unable to take my friend to the hospital for her kidney surgery. She had to go alone in a taxi. I had to take the hotel shuttle to Lawrence to meet my family for my daughters college tour. I had to miss the last of the tour to travel by taxi back to Kansas city to get my truck. Apparently the valet driver locked my keys in the car. I Missed my daughter picking out her dorm room and the second half of her tour of where she will be living the next four years. That is something I will never get back. All I kept hearing was how sorry they were. I have never stayed at that hotel and my reason for going was to see if this would be the hotel my husband and I would stay at for our upcoming 20th Anniversary. Nothing was done to ensure I would be back or ensure that I was happy. We own a business ourselves and the customer service I would give a 2 out of 5.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Veronica
"Not a good value"
Hotel was average. I didn't feel for the price that the service was up to par. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I expected for a hotel at that price point. Room was comfortable although shower max temp was warm, couldn't take a nice hot shower. Not a lot of options on parking besides valet at $22 a day. Hotel lobby coffee dispenser was empty when trying to get a cup to go after check out.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015