All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here106 W 12th Street, Kansas City, MO, 64105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cool old hotel"
Great architecture and ambience. If you like modern hotels that are state of the art, this ain't it. If you what to feel like you stepped back in time, stay here for sure. Weekend breakfast buffet was great. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Perfect"
I thought that the staff was great and they would go out of their way to help you it was close to everything that I needed and they attended to all of my needs as I asked for them.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
Older charming hotel. Comfortable bed and friendly staff. Have stayed there in the past and have enjoyed every stay.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
joe
"Our 30th Anniversary..."
Very nice hotel. Built in 1931 and has that beautiful architecture they had back then. It has been updated where it needs to be yet still retain it's charm. The attached restaurant is very nice and made a good choice to celebrate our anniversary. I am sure we will return soon...
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice change of pace from the standard chain hotel"
Very quick business trip into KC for one night. Took a chance on this non-chain hotel but it was a good choice. The booking through Hotels.com was a good value for this older hotel that has done a good job of bringing the rooms up to date. The room layout was not your traditional layout, which I liked. The room was older but updated and had charm. The bed was very comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again when I am in KC.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice hotel. Location! Location! Location"
The downtown location was wonderful, just minutes from entertainment and fine dining. At first glance, I considered the valet pricing of $22 a night outrageous, but in hindsight the $22 was well worth it, since it has in and out privileges. I enjoyed my stay. I travel often for business and wanted to try a new hotel, the room was rather small for my taste, the bathroom was even tinier, I could barely turn around in a full circle but the view was awesome the room decor was excellent. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Kay
"Great price for luxury"
This hotel was an easy walk to Power and Light and was very clean.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Taylor
Very nice hotel right around corner from Power & Light District. High end full service grocer one block away. Poor mattress.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
eduardo
"sweaty stay"
The room was nice but I couldn't turn down the heat. I was sweating non stop after my shower and couldnt pack fast enough to exit my room.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Most of the staff were friendly....."
When we checked into the Hotel Phillips the front desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming. :) She even upgraded our room at no extra charge after my husband told her that we were there to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The hotel is an older hotel, but I found it to be beautiful and nicer than some of the newer hotels I have stayed in. Our room was comfortable and had lots of space, but the wooden mini blinds were dusty, and the windows were dirty making it hard to enjoy the somewhat nice view that we had. We were willing to overlook the dirty wooden mini blinds and windows, as most of the staff made our stay very nice. They gave us directions, and were quick to offer assistance many times during our stay. Then we checked out..... unlike the clerk that checked us in, the female front desk clerk that checked us out was unfriendly and almost condescending. She put a damper on our stay, and ruined the atmosphere we had been enjoying up until that point. Our advise to the hotel would be to make sure that the front desk staff remember that they are in customer service (not self service), and set the atmosphere for the hotel patrons arriving and departing. The clerk that assisted us in checking in was wonderful. The one that checked us out made us not want to return.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Robin
"Great find in downtown Kansas City"
KC was a midway location during in a relatively long drive, thus our selection of the Phillips. Downtown Kansas City was hardly out of our way from the interstate. We found Hotel Phillips to be very comfortable while, at the same time, revealing its age...I say this in a good way. It was a bit like stepping back in time...and truly a pleasure.
Keith
"Weekend Getaway"
Liked our last visit so well we decided to stay here again. Thermostats in rooms are for decoration only. Was set on 71 when we entered room. Turned down to 65 to sleep but remained 71 hours later. Convenient valet parking but costly $22 night. Walking distance to convention center and many other downtown attractions. Will stay here again in future.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Old charm"
Only problem was we requested a king bed and they gave us a queen that really wasn't a queen bed.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Great front desk and bell staff. Our room was comfortable, if a little worn. The most disappointing aspect of the visit was the quite thick layer of dust on the beside table and on the shelf of the t.v. stand. The corners and baseboard areas were also not vacuumed.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
bad lost my ipad in hotel but they tell me they did not see it
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Quick couples getaway at Hotel Phillips"
We booked this room at the last minute to have a quick couples getaway. The room and hotel were appointed beautifully. The service was outstanding. We will definitely be back.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway"
Historic hotel close to all the action! Within walking distance of the P&L...where you have a multitude of dining options, great bars and entertainment. Perfect for a weekend getaway to the city for some fun :-)
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Cute boutique hotel"
Everything perfect for our stay. Loved the history of the hotel. Service at check in was very helpful. Valet and shuttle service was a nice touch. Dinner at 12 Baltimore was delicious. Breakfast was prompt and tasty. We'll be back!
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway"
Fun romantic, close to area of interest. Only negative was the web site said bath robes provided. Never found them.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Eh."
Not bad, not great. Bathtub nozzle was broken. I saw stains where stuff had not been clean. It was cold where the bed was. No complimentary breakfast or parking. Wouldn't stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"Not as nice as you may think..."
Good location if you desire the P&L district, but I was looking for more amenities and comfort. The room was dusty with a springy bed. The restaurant is only ok. The commonplace areas are very pretty. I would not recommend this place for the price. Didn't hate it, but also didn't love it.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great area, friendly staff."
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We are beyond disappointed in the hotel room service. It was extremely overpriced, with very little food that wasn't the best quality. Overall, we would recommend this hotel, just not the room service menu.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Historic Hotel really brought KC to life!"
Beautiful historic hotel at a freeway stopover price. Really hard to beat, it's downtown where all the action. Street parking on the weekends is free. Only downside is the historic elevators. Getting out in the morning can be a slight wait, but it's worth it.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Loud noise in room made it intolerable to sleep!"
There was a loud noise in the vent or return air vent three feet from the bed that woke me up several times throughout the two nights. The beds were small. All the front desk said was they were sorry and apologized.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Raul Rubio
"Good hotel"
Great hotel although in middle of winter room was very hot and ran AC all night and never got below 78.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Brandon
"Beautiful hotel"
Very nice, clean and great location.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Our 5 night stay over New Years"
Overall our stay was wonderful. Front desk staff were amazing, the shuttle and valets were very responsive. Our room was comfortable..initially we were assigned to a too small room with the light out in the bathroom. We requested and received an upgrade which was appreciated. The larger room had a very loud heating unit that took some getting used too. At least we were warm it was very cold outside. There was one day that the room wasn't serviced..an oversight I'm sure.
6 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
paula and john
I stayed at Hotel Phillips with several friends for a girl's night out. The staff was very polite, the hotel is beautiful, and it was very close to a variety of businesses.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Did not get us a refrigerator when we asked. Had to throw out some food due to this.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Not quite perfect, but certainly good enough"
Lovely art deco lobby and the price was certainly right. Room good but not great. As in so many hotels, the thermostat controls are for decorative purposes only; no matter what I did the blower stayed on and the temperature hovered around 71-73. The rod for turning the blinds had broken off. Otherwise everything was just lovely; the room and bathroom were spotless and the wifi was reliable.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Wanted to stay in the city"
It was okay. I don't think I'd stay there again. Our tub turned on, but it took all the muscle my husband had to pull the tab up to get the shower running. We would have asked for another room, because of the shower, but it was 5:30 am. The dresser and nightstands in our room also were very dusty.
Amy & Chris
"horrible"
It smelled like metal. Had to check out early, the noise from the heater was unbearable.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
It was a nice getaway for my boyfriend and I. The room service food was a little disappointing for the price but it was nice to just nestle in for the night. The receptionist was difficult to hear and spoke very quickly making the checkin a little uncomfortable
jamie
"Relaxing downtown location"
We stayed since it was near a family member. Very convenient and comfortable, yet upscale. Lovely decor and enjoyable experience at restaurant.
Kerrie
"Downtown Stay"
Had a great stay at Hotel Phillips. Room was great for the price, and the location is perfect for shows and restaurants. I would highly recommend for romantic weekend.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
The hotel was nice and in a great location, we walked to Power and Light. The old building gives this hotel great ambiance, but it also makes for a noisy room. We could hear everything in the hall.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Taryn
"Romantic Getaway"
Very cute hotel for a one night romantic getaway. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Only three blocks away from the night life in downtown Kansas City.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great location, but need room improvements"
Booked two rooms over New Years primarily based on the hotels location to the Power and Light district and the reviews found on this site. The hotel staff at the front desk, valet, and restaurant were all fantastic as was the complimentary wine tasting in the evening. All of which I would expect for the room price. The upkeep of the common areas of the hotel are maintained very well. However, both rooms were very dusty. You could run you fingers across anything and get a lot of dust. Picking up objects from the desk or night stand revealed a distinctive void where the object was sitting. Shower curtains were molding, as was the grout in the shower of one room. The cosmetic mirror had the prior tenants cosmetics still on the mirror. Both bed mattresses needed to be replaced, as each had a very low point in the middle which made it hard for two people to sleep comfortably. For the price paid for the rooms I would've expected a clean room, in good repair, and with a higher quality mattress. Reported the cleaning issues to the front desk and asked to have the rooms cleaned after the first nights stay, but that didn't happen. So the cleaning staff obviously is sub par compared to the rest of the staff based on room condition and responsiveness.
Keith
"The Best Ever"
I enjoyed my stay and will be coming again.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Kimberly
"Hotel Phillips"
Overall great hotel in downtown - easy to find with valet parking!
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Mark T
"I would stay again."
Very nice hotel done to look like the 20's.
4 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
zachary
"Beautiful hotel"
Overall, this is a beautiful hotel. We love the architectural detail and the service is exceptional. Our room was very nice and it was comfortable. My only problem with it is that I felt it could have been cleaner. It was very dusty and didn't appear to have been thoroughly vacuumed. The bathroom, though was very clean (would have been a deal breaker for me). The towels were thin and rough, not what you would expect of a hotel in this price range. We would definitely stay again, but certainly not at full price.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Betty
Tight bathrooms, hallways and door entrances to rooms, but for an older hotel, could expect this, still classy. Called front desk for 8am wake up call that never happened. Make sure you set the alarm provided just in case.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice room, no hot water, heating never worked"
The hotel is nice, and the staff very friendly. The room was also kind of cute. We checked in late and went straight to bed after turning the heating on and thaught the room would warm up. It didn't. We woke up around 5 freezing and didn't get the heating to work. At 6.30 we finally decided to take a shower... with no hot water whatsoever. .. we were disappointed because for almost 140 $ you would expect something better than that. We checked out at 9 and when we told the lady at the front desk what happened, she only attempt to say sorry.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Lorena
"Dusty!"
Lots of dust and a maggot found on the desktop....Terrible views as well
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Stayed over for game at Arrowhead"
We came up from Springfield area for on overnight to see the San Diego Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium. The front desk attendant, Maria, was super kind and helpful when I got my hotel reservation mixed up. (I still don't understand if hotels.com is sending me a $100 GC in the mailbox, or if i should get and e*card number in my email box from my $100 holiday GC purchase.???) Maria helped us get it sorted out for the duration of our short one night stay. The hotel is nice. Rooms were clean, and all of the employees from the valet, front desk, and restaurant/bar were kind. Even with the mix up of our reservations, we would stay here on our next visit to KC. Location is in walking distance to all kinds of cool stuff, too.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Hotel Phillips, Kansas City"
A beautiful hotel from main desk to the room. The location was great!
"Great overnight getaway"
Super cute room, very clean and affordable.
drew
"Hotel Phillips, Kansas City"
I gave this hotel package to my grandchildren for Christmas I booked two rooms at a great price for they type of hotel and location it was. The children were so excited at how beautiful the hotel was and said the rooms were gorgeous. They used the shuttle which was handy for them and the location was fantastic. Thank you Hotel.com for providing a room that I was pleased to give as a gift.
Bonnie
"Overall it is a nice hotel."
The noise from heater was very loud. The heater could be too old.
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2014