All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
106 W 12th Street, Kansas City, MO, 64105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Great amenities
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"T Swift getaway"
Such friendly accommodating staff! Great beds too!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Paige
"Clean and comfortable"
This hotel felt like a historic building that had been updated and cleaned. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Neighborhood felt a little unsafe at night. Great place to stay.
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Jeanne
Very convenient to stay right near the Sprint Center and other things downtown. The valet parking was a definite plus too!
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Kristin
"nice."
Spent very little time in the hotel and used few amenities, but it was clean and nice. We had a room for 3 which meant 2 double beds--they called them queens, but they are a bit small for 2 adults.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Evan
"Great 1930's hotel"
The hotel was great only problem was finding parking
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Stephen
"Nice weekend stay"
Nice hotel close power and light. Like the character of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Alfredo
"Another great stay"
This is our third year staying at the hotel and its convenient to everything we wanted to do downtown!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Marty
"KC Delivers Style"
Everyone was so pleasant. And the design of the room was stunning. Well done!
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
"Great Boutique Hotel"
I was in Kansas City for a conference. The hotel was within walking distance of a grocery store with an amazing salad bar and the conference center. The staff was nice, hotel was clean and the restaurant/bar was small, with delicious food. I would stay there again.
4 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
"Great find!"
I booked this hotel as an alternative to a conference hotel to save money. The walk to the convention center was about 1 short block longer. The art deco era hotel was a pleasant surprise. The elevators, while small, were very quick to arrive. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They had coffee available in the lobby in the mornings and wine and cheese receptions in the late afternoon. Their restaurant 12 Baltimore was terrific and has happy hour from 3 to 7! I only gave 3 stars for Room Comfort because the rooms have vertical blinds in them and no black outs so I was getting more light in my room than I like.
4 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
LORI
"George & Jen"
It was awesome! Everything right down to drive was great. Price was right.
1 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
"Great start to great let-down"
We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in, we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The stay was fine... Until 2:00 a.m. when they decided to use a power drill to break open a door directly across from our room. At 2:40 they finally realized they weren't going to get the door open for the guests staying in that room. At 7:20, they started drilling to get it open again. That was still going on when we left our room at 8:00. This was our celebration for our anniversary, but we ended up leaving early, and exhausted. When I mentioned the noise at check out, we were offered a free breakfast. The last thing we wanted to do was spend more time there.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Maggie
"Decent hotel for the price."
The room was clean however there were some small issues such as wall paper peeling from the wall, the full size beds were quite small for two adults to sleep comfortably in, and there were no comforters on the beds or an extra blanket in the closet so we became a bit cold overnight requiring myself to wake up at about 2am to change the thermostat.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Erin
Very comfortable, but I hope they consider rewiring. Too many cords and plugs were awkward. Very comfortable stay. Would definitely stay there again.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Phillips. I have passed your comments regarding the plugs along to our Engineering team so that they are aware of the difficulties you encountered. Don't be a stranger and come back and see us the next time you are in Kansas City.
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Sara
"A good choice if the price is decent..."
After a false start (really squeaky bed), and a quick room change, the hotel was clean, comfortable, and well priced for the location. I particularly enjoyed the daily wine and cheese reception for all guests. Note of caution though... The hotel was lacking a pantry (or gift shop), so i had to wander out for a late night snack several times.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Phillips. We are saddened to hear that the start to your stay was bumpy. We will pass along your concerns to our Engineering department to have them look at the bed from your room. Our wine and cheese reception is one of my favorite things we offer to our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Kansas City.
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Stephen
"Rooms are Filthy"
The room was dirty and filthy
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
"Beautiful old hotel with modern day prices"
This is a very nice old hotel. The lobby is stunning. The price was a bit steep for KC, I would probably stay here again
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Hotel Phillips. We agree that our lobby is breath taking and we are so happy to share it's beauty with our guests. We look forward to seeing your the next time you are in Kansas City.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
"Love it!"
We absolutely love Hotel Phillips!
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you so much for your kind words. Make sure to come back and see us the next time you are in Kansas City!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Tequila
Hotel staff friendly. Shower slick and difficult to get in and out of. Mold in shower.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at Hotel Phillips. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff as much as we did. I have spoken with the appropriate department about the concerns that you mentioned to assure that the issues get resolved. We are grateful for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience further. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Kansas City
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Hotel was beautiful and clean. Perfect location for downtown stay. However, the staff were very very rude. 3 people from my party had awful run ins with the staff. Not helpful at all.
2 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
"Very walkable to Power & Light District"
Very pretty historic hotel. Staff were all pleasant and helpful. Lots of restaurants nearby but not much shopping. I felt the hotel was overpriced (at the refundable rate) to not include valet parking or breakfast however and neither of those were cheap! We would probably look for more economical accommodations next time, closer to restaurants AND shopping.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Ardie
it was a short but sweet trip. Nice hotel.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Hotel Phillips. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Kansas City Area.
1 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
"Excellent staff, but could use room improvement!"
The staff was one of the friendliest I've encountered. Our shuttle driver was excellent. Thanks, Roberto! My only complaints are with the lack of outlets around the bed and the pillows. Otherwise, great stay and would love to stay again.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Teressa
Terrible bed. Cleaners obviously unfamiliar with a duster! Art Deco theme nice. Staff friendly.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!!"
The stay was great but I left a phone charger in the room and would have liked for it to be sent home. They have my address, but I never heard from them. Peter
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
"The hotel is close to many things."
Overall, the staff is really great. However, for all else, I found the hotel average on all other levels.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Nice stay."
Nice hotel, historic. Room was nice. Sheets were kinda weird and rubbery. Great location to the Sprint Center and Power and Lights district. Overall - it was nice and clean and had all the amenities.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent Hotel Phillips stay. We take all customer comments very seriously in order to improve our product and services. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in the Kansas City area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Great hotel. Close to Sprint Center & a variety of places to eat.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Always enjoy staying here! Beautiful hotel great location. We'll be back.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent Hotel Phillips stay. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in the Kansas City area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
The hotel staff were very accommodating. My husband uses a wheelchair, and we decided to book a normal hotel room for one night (rather than a handicapped accessible room). When we realized our hotel room wasn't going to work (he couldn't get in the bathroom) the front desk immediately got us a different room, and even ran the key to the elevator, so we didn't have to exit.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Walking distance to Sprint Center"
The first room we were in had a great view but the bathroom door was broken, the crown molding and ceiling had been poorly repaired and had what appeared to be mold. Two phones in the room, the one by the bed didn't work and the picture hanging in the room had a broken frame. They moved us to a doffer entry room. They comped us one free breakfast; two people stayong. The view....roof with chimney stacks and the side of buildings. Hair on the toilet and in the tub. When asked at ckeckout how the stay was I said fair. Explained a little about the problems. No offer of any kind to correct. We paid a small fortune for the room and paid to park to be able to walk to the Sprint Center. The restaurant had an excellent breakfast but waitress didn't know how to comp the breakfast. The staff was friendly. Enjoyed the wine and cheese reception; got there a 5 minutes before it shut down at 6pm.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Will never stay here again"
This was the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed at sheets were stained, room was dusty, disgusting
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Super shuttle driver!!"
Went to concert @ Sprint center, the hotel shuttle driver took us, saved us a long wait getting in,and picked us up. Really knew his way around.It was a great help!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Robin
"Nice historical place hotel. Parking expendive."
Near convention center. Very well mainteined the rooms, lobby, elevators though they are past century
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
angeles
It was great. Thanks.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
william
"KC Downtown remains dead, but BBQ is awesome!!!"
Having lived in KC before. Decided to return a decade later to enjoy KC BBQ and also experience changes. Unfortunately downtown remains as quiet as it did before. The new KCPL district, lets just say Happy Hour was deserted. Not to many places open. Retail very limited. The best item was the new supermarket - Consentino. Many other retail places from before are now closed and empty. Not enough life to sustain commerce, KCPL has likely taken away customer base and forced other venues to close, instead of adding more retail. Many malls have closed. The Great Plains outlet is closing. Really now only exists Oak Park Mall, East Valley and Zona Rosa. Sad but still worth the experience to return to KC.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Room was small, layer of dust on tables and smelled of old smoke (like an old building that smoking used to be permitted in). Sheets weren't fitted so they didn't stay in bed. Great location, but not the best.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time out of your day review your recent Hotel Phillips stay. It is very important to us that we know what our guests experience so we can better ourselves. We take all customer comments very seriously in order to improve our product and services. I have passed your survey comment along to the appropriate department so that we can get these issues resolved. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in the Kansas City area.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Beautiful Setting and Extraordinary Staff"
I can't say enough nice things about this beaurifully intact 1930's hotel, in the wonderful Power and Light District of Kansas City. If you are a lover of Deco Architecture and Historic spaces, this is the place for you! More importantly, the staff was genuine and extremely kind and helpful. When I first arrived, at the end of a long day on the road, I was greeted by a valet, Lauren, who spent at least 30 minutes trouble shooting why my trunk wouldn't close. (We were finally successful!) Sensing my fatigue and frustration, she told the woman at the desk to make sure I enjoyed a drink in the bar on her! The bar was wonderful, and Raymond the bartender made me an award-winning and very delicious cocktail --The Jacobean Daisy--that made the tension of the day disappear. He was a font of information about the hotel as well as Kansas City's noteworthy cocktail makers and barbecue joints. On the day I left, I chatted with Elizabeth, from housekeeping, as she cleaned my room. A native Kansas Citian, she was wonderful to talk to, and shared tons of information about things I should see, and how Kansas City has been restoring the downtown area. It definitely made me want to return to see more I don't think I've ever learned so many staff names in an overnight hotel stay!
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Kelli
"Historical and beautiful"
This hotel was beautiful as soon as you walked in. Ask anyone at the front desk about the history of the place - it's a pretty impressive lobby. Brooklyn (employee at the front desk) was funny, friendly, and super helpful when we checked in. She wanted to make sure our stay was comfortable and successful. Our room was a little dusty in places but roomy and comfortable. We did have a problem with controlling the hot water during showers. They have valet service to park or a self parking garage around the corner that is slightly cheaper. There was a great place for dinner and drinks right down stairs and the flying saucer emporium was less than an 8 min walk away! Overall, this was a great place with super fun employees.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
IronKel
"3stars max-all things considered"
Our room was very dirty, dusty and had a used q/tip by the bed and a used water bottle cap under the tv stand that was visible. Our room stayed too warm even though we turned the air down. The valet on a Sunday night had a 20 minute wait to retrieve our car. Literally. Other than that good location and beautiful hotel and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Christopher
"Staff made up for any short comings."
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful!! Both of us were tired and the few things we asked for were provided with care and ease. The only comfort challenge were the beds, these need to be replaced with newer mattresses.
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Phillips. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoy our staff as much as we do. I have forward your remarks regarding the bed along to the appropriate department so that they can get this concern addressed. We take all customer comments very seriously in order to improve our product and services. We are grateful for your feedback.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Amazing weekend getaway!"
Had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The decor was superb and the room was plenty and was perfect for me and my husband.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Samantha
Disappointed that the room was not as clean as I had experienced in the past. Night stands were dusty, desk sticky. Hotel staff awesome. Love the valet Parker's so friendly!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
The hotel was beautiful. The service was great. The linens were very uncomfortable but clean. Would stay again
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
autumn
"Nice Hotel in a central location."
My family had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was quiet and nice. The rooms keep a classy vintage feel while having the standard modern amenities. The room was open making it feel like you had more space. The staff were all very friendly. When we parked in the garage near here ($14 for the night) we were worried our car would get broken into do to seeing glass from broken windows in 3 different stalls before we parked, but the hotel itself felt very safe.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Nate
"Plaster falling from ceiling"
Me and my wife stayed at hotel Phillips for our first anniversary in August 2015 the reviews showed 4.2 stars so we assumed it would be a nice hotel. First thing we noticed when we entered our room was that it was in major need of a full remodel! There was plaster falling from the ceiling, dust everywhere, squeaking ac, me and my wife both sneezed a lot! The hotel staff spoke very broken English. When I told the front desk this, they offered us a free breakfast which we couldn't accept! The location was great and that's about it!
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
warren
"Hotel is fine, nothing remarkable."
We were in two different rooms during our stay and both were extremely dusty. There was some dust on tables, lamps, charging dock and the tv remote...but there was an absurd amount of dust behind the nightstand, like thick, caked on layers of dust, which I noticed when I was looking for an outlet. Blinds were also covered in dust. Water pressure sucked. That said, everything else was fine. Seems like it would have been better maintained because of its price/status, but it is definitely no worse than any other hotels I've stayed in in the last few years.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Meh
"Great, friendly and professional!"
The hotel staff was phenomenal! They were very friendly, courteous, helpful and professional. I will definitely stay here again!
Response by Hotel Phillips
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent Hotel Phillips stay. Great to hear that you enjoy our staff as much as we do. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in the Kansas City area.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Sad shape"
I have stayed at the phillips many times this time the bed was older than me very broke down. Room was in need of renovation many years ago. Mold in bathroom Many long black hairs on sink an floor. Just not what it has. Been
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
monty
"Great location, beautiful decor."
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Phillips. I would stay here again...as long as I brought earplugs. The hotel is very loud, not much sound proofing at all, you could pretty much hear everything that happened on the floor you are on...if you stay here, be aware of this so you can be kind to your neighbors. :) Aside from the friendly people opening the front doors to let you in, the staff was fairly standoffish and not particularly friendly...they weren't rude or anything, just not helpful or happy. Apart from these 2 downsides, our room was great and really roomy. The hotel is beautiful, and the restaurant staff was really nice. It is located within walking distances to tons of things, and was the perfect location for the conference we attended. Like I said, I'd stay here again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015