All hotels in Watertown, New York, United States of America
1030 Arsenal St, Watertown, NY, 13601, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Getaway to Watertown"
I recommend the Econolodge in Watertown very highly. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and pleasant. We have been staying there for the last 4 years when we go over to Watertown. The continental breakfast is great and the pool is always well maintained. I have only one problem and that is we could have gotten a better rate if we had booked our room directly rather than through Expedia, so this will probably not get posted because of this comment but it is the truth.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
When we arrived we took our bags upstairs and didnt realise that there was no elevator so we had to carry our things up 2 flights of stairs which was difficult as my husband has a bad back but we were told they didnt have anything on the ground floor. We started unpacking and my husband went into the bathroom and found a cockcroach so he called to the front desk and she didnt sound surprised and just said she would put us into another room. The room was tired looking but fairly clean even though our coffee jug was not emptied. Overall a very disappointing visit
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2013
Jan
"Review"
Helpfull friendly staff. Econo Lodge is good value for the price.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Tony
the management was very nice and the pool area clean, breakfast was suffecient...marina
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2013
marina
"I will never stay there again"
It was awful.The office is at the road the hotel is behind it far away. The bed was like a hammock,the room was from the 70's not at all updated,and at 3:00a.m. the fire alarm went off and rang for 10 minutes. When we checked out I asked to use the "customer's" computer.The woman who I disturbed because she was watching the Maury Povitch Show,said "it's really slow"......it didn't work and she really didn't care.Unless you are desperate find somewhere else to stay!
1 night trip May 21, 2013
JR-P
"stay May 2013"
asked for 2 queen beds - got one double bed :( - breakfast was just ok - very little effort put forth- printer not working for receipt upon check out
Other trip May 16, 2013
"Been staying here for about 20 years"
I was very disappointed this last visit. We left our room at 9:00 am and returned at 12:30 pm to a room that hadn't been cleaned. For the past 2 years, we've had to book through Hotel.com due to the fact that the Econo Lodge will NOT answer their phone. Last November when we stayed, they wouldn't even answer their phone for their guests. I doubt we'll be staying here any longer as everything is going down hill. It's a shame as it's always been a low cost vacation to travel to Watertown. Looks like we'll be upgrading for our next vacation.
3 night trip May 6, 2013
"strange hotel"
hotel was clean , beds were comfortable, Breakfast was good. Now the bad. The hotel isn't locked at night and the lobby is a driveway away - eerie... I don't like that the doors are wide open. We wandered the halls looking for the lobby (2nd floor actually has a sign that says lobby on first floor) until we realized there as no lobby in the building. The lobby building - back at the road had no open light on which was why we drove by. The rooms are scarily outdated... I found them creepy at first but was surprised the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. i would not stay there again as I don' t like the hotel not being secure... and I need a decent pillow to sleep
1 night trip Apr 18, 2013
"Quality of a cheap motel"
The room was not very clean specially under the night table and beds, I can see lots of dust. The beds are not comfortable at all. The Breakfast is very modest. For this price I am paying too much for the quality I get. Its quality looks like a cheap motel.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"Cheap"
Hotel was cold, bare-bones and relatively clean. The beds were hard, bathroom old with dirty grout. The pool is in a covered outdoor location-not really indoor. The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything in room 2 doors down. Breakfast was basic- cereal, bread, bagels, fermenting fruit and awful doughnuts. More like a cheap hwy motel.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2013
Alysia
the hotel was clean and comfortable and cheaper than others in the area. breakfast was included and located near the rooms. pool was ok too
2 night trip Dec 3, 2012
eg
"-wonderful"
It was great. The rates were really reasonable! It was close to everything that was important! The room and bathroom were very clean and we enjoyed our stay here.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2012
"handy to everything and not too pricey"
this is the place we stay whenever we are in Watertown, the decorating is old, it's not a very pretty place but well worth the money, the breakfast is simple, not much choice, the staff are terriffic, there is a small pool they will open for you anytime, the wifi is free and easy to hook up, unless you need something 4*** this place will suprise you,
Other trip Nov 11, 2012
The lady at the front desk was really helpful to us. A really nice mom and pop place.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
susan
"Well priced!"
Great for the price!! Wi fi did not work however. Good breakfast!
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Minimum standard Econo-Lodge"
It was very much over-priced for the condition of the hotel. The non-smoking room had the smell of smoke coming through the door and windows. Actual rooms were in a different building from the main office. Security doors were propped open with a large stone at all times. Anyone could have come in and walked the corridors at any time. Not a good place for the safety-conscious traveler.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012
Jude
Very noisy, nearby restaurants were "inappropriate for youngsters". We won't be staying again.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2012
Cherie
"Just what we expected."
Just what we expected. We planned for not much room time as we had things to do ( shopping with the girls ) and wanted a budget motel. It was clean, staff friendly and lots for breakfast. Pool area looked good but did not use it. Close to shopping and restaurants etc.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2012
Shopping chauffeur
"close to shopping"
hotel was clean, pool was not heated, breakfast was middle of the road
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2012
"Our Last Visit"
Unless you're drunk enough to pass out at this hotel, I wouldn't recommend staying here because the noise from others in the adjoining rooms and from the hall easily makes it through the paper-thin walls. Bring earplugs. The free continental breakfast was good and there was someone making sure that the coffee, juice, bread and bagels were always available. The room was clean but it just felt worn out. I think they are desperately in need of a facelift if they want clients to keep coming back.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2012
Ross
"good, clean basic hotel"
it was pleasant, the room was a good size. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful
1 night trip Aug 8, 2012

"Ok"
Was ok
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Christian
"Bien situé près de 81"
Pour un soir lors d un voyage ok, la situation géographique est bien
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
bob
"très bien"
pour le prix vraiment très bien propre la chambre à tous se qu'il faut cafetiere, micro onde, frigo et pour le prix avec déjeuner inclus très bien
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
DUKE
"곰팡이 냄새에 잠을 못 잣음"
절대 비추
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
KR
"déplorable"
La chambre était dans un état lamentable. Les murs étaient défraichis et aussi la rouille, le papier peint décollés.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Très bon endroit"
Acceuil sympathique. Propre, tranquille.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2013
"場所は良いが、朝食が美味しくない"
車での旅行には便利な立地。場所柄のせいか軍人さんが多く泊まっていた。フロントが宿泊施設と別棟なので、少し不便。冷蔵庫と電子レンジがあったのは良かった。朝食は無料だったが、果物もやや古く、美味しくなかった。
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2012
1 night trip Sep 6, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge

"Gave it a second try"
07/26/15 Jeff R Buffalo
I was here about a year ago on business. I had heard that there were some improvements. They were wrong. Outdated rooms where the wallpaper has been painted and now is pealing. Uncomfortable mattress and noisy wall unit. There is not a bunch of affordable places for business travel in Watertown but, this is not the place.
"Decent hotel for that kind of price"
07/17/15 Kenny_Chesney Montreal, Canada
Room was ok for that kind of price (60 USD), even though the TV seemed to be really old. Stayed there for one night, breakfast had all that I needed, but the breakfast room was pretty small. Nice staff and close to restaurants.
"Last resort reservation"
07/13/15 stubby45 massena, new york
Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was small and very outdated. Wall paper was falling off the wall in the bedroom and bathroom. The room seemed clean but really old. All the cabinets were beat up from old age, The TV was old low definition and blurry, although the office had a nice new one. A lot of patchwork in the bath area on walls. It was difficult to find the place as it well hidden. Entry way and hallways were filthy. Worth only $40 per night . Recommend only as a last resort.
"Cheap, friendly & convenient to restaurants"
06/26/15 tonyandsamantha
Rooms are OK -they are clean. Outdated is more like it. Service is extremely friendly. She is great at recommending local mom & pop establishments. WiFi is extremely glitchy. Great value for the money. The great service from house keeping to the front desk far out ways the updating that it needs.
"Affordable, Nice Staff, Decent Place, Weak Technology"
06/16/15 Paul T Watkins Glen, New York
Overall it was a fine place to sleep at, was sufficiently clean and neat, and every encounter with staff was positive. My only two complaints are that the TV is terrible, and that was made more annoying because the internet connectivity is sketchy and weak at best. At first I thought, "No problem on the crappy, old TV, I'll just watch Netflix or Hulu on my laptop!" but then realized that their internet is very weak, and could not consistently stream video at all while I was staying there. Still, that aside, as a person who generally views a hotel/motel as merely a place to sleep and shower, it was perfectly fine and definitely affordable.
"Priced well with friendly staff"
05/27/15 tonyandsamantha
Office is cute. Staff is extremely friendly. Hotel is dated, but a great value for the price. Service from the maids is fast & prompt. We stayed 3 days & booked again. If you are not a smoker, I do not recommend.
"Cheap hotel for quick stay in Watertown NY"
05/25/15 RLNB Battersea, Canada
Wanted to stay in Watertown NY for the night but didn't want to spend a lot, so I stayed at the Econo lodge and it suits its name. It has old decor some renovation are happening there, do note it is clean and the morning breakfast was good and so was the coffee. It is close to great restaurants and shopping. The hotel does have a pool but I did not have time to use it, but I had a look and it too seemed nice and clean.
"Felt like "The Ritz ! " ( at under $60.00 a night . . . )"
01/11/15 Coline B
I am a bit disabled. Had to change to a Handicapped room, from a regular room the first morning. With only minutes to go before I would be double charged, housekeeping switched me. Then, a huge blizzard hit. Peter, an employee brought everything from my car, so I would not slip on the icy parking lot. Lastly, I corned the car too quickly & would up stuck in several feet of snow. Peter attempted to dig me out. No luck. So, he went to get a truck & drove me to my room. The property is huge, at the edge of fields and set way back from the road. Quiet. Rooms ? Clean. Fridge & micro. Fast internet. Lease expensive, but outstanding !
"WOW, What a surprise!"
11/28/14 vangie1 Maryland
We arrived at 2 am with reservations. The clerk was jovial and friendly despite the hour. The room was spacious, clean and seemed newly renovated. Breakfast was typical for Econolodge, bagels, toast, cereal, english muffins, fruits. The waitress was sweet. It restored my faith in Econo Lodge.
"Horrible...."
11/09/14 lovecraftdocherty
Seedy dark area. Could hear people talking several rooms off talking. Could very clearly hear people having sex. Place looks like they rent by the hour. Grabbed our stuff and checked out minutes after checking in. The guy at the desk said another customer tried the same room earlier and changed rooms because of the sex. They must get people leaving quickly often as the guy at the desk didn't really seem surprised by our early departure and request for money back. Room also had a big pile of boxes and hangers from previous guest. Stained sheets and towels were worn to shreds. Not worth the money. Other rooms can be had in the area for not much more money and are much nicer.