All hotels in Torrance, California, United States of America
3673 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA, 90503, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"friendly front desk staff."
Only dealt with front office and he was very nice. Room was ok. Was only there to sleep. Person upstairs was loud when walking. I would stay there again though. Very convenient for where I needed to go.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Overall good value"
Courteous staff. Only problem was that the toilet paper core in both toiler holders was missing. Small thing, but something that should be attended to quickly.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
We stayed for one week and it was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very nice and accommodating, they answered immediately to our requests. The room is very big, we had a deluxe room with a balcony. There are: a fridge, microwave, coffee/tea maker in the room. The fridge should however by replaced because the door is not closing properly. The breakfast is nice although basic, only pastries no eggs or meat. The parking lot is very conveniently placed near the hotel.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Nick
"How I was welcomed!!!"
I walked into the room, thought it was nice and clean. Looked over by the clock, and was greeted by a roach. It was him or me. Needless to say it was him. Had trouble sleeping thinking about it. Day of checkout, had another one telling me goodbye-_- over by the t.v.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"just for the night"
I had a great night relaxing
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Continental breakfast is very low quality and the place doesn't have a "nice" feel about it, but it was cheap and it wasn't a bad experience.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great Location, Fair Hotel"
Had to wait on check in clerk to stop kissing his girlfriend and get back in the office to complete the check in procedure. When I went to room key would not unlock door. Tried calling the front desk but no one was there to answer (I wonder about people calling in to make reservations)the phone. Had to go back to the office (was on the third floor furthest from the office. After several tries finally got the second key to open the door after several tries.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
Edward
"Waffles and a good night's sleep"
We stayed at the Torrance Howard Johnson to be close to family for Thanksgiving. We only needed the room to sleep and shower, and it fit those needs well. The interactions with staff were limited and pleasant. No hidden fees and no reservation/payment problems! Most importantly: real waffles at the continental breakfast.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Herb
"Fun little getaway; Decent Stay"
The one thing I did appreciate at the Howard Johnson was, the friendly customer service that was displayed by the congiere. Now in terms of the stay, it was decent. It wasn't the best hotel I've ever been to nor was it the worst, so that's why I gave it a 3. It's definitely one of the cheaper hotels in the area and centrally located; so if there's any reason for why you might want to stay there, then that would be it.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"nice location"
the stay was for a friend's birthday dinner near by in Huntington beach. This location is near several malls, and beaches (Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo etc)just a short drive away. There are also many food places to choose from.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
jackson
"wow."
It was more than I expected for the price nice area, everything I needed was right around the corner including food, beach, would without a doubt stay again. Looking forward to the stay again.
3 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
otis
"Older hotel, value priced, centrally located"
This is an older hotel in need of updating. However we had a comfortable stay. The staff was friendly and helpful! I thought it was a great location.. Short drive down Torrance drive to the beach.. Starbucks and shopping on the corner..
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
stacy
"Nice hotel, great staff."
When I arrived the room I had booked was not available, the staff gave me an extra room for free and refunded me half of my stay! Great staff and management. the room was comfortable, and a short drive to the Redondo Beach Pier. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Cori
"Shopping"
Located next to the mall and great food!!!
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
DIONNE
"Great Value and Comfort"
Every employee we met during our stay smiled and was very nice. This means a lot when you are away from home. The room was great for the price. I have spent twice the price of this room at other places, for the exact same accomodations. Great value!
2 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
"good hotel, close to everything"
good, has everything you need , no luxury, just enough
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
"Not bad. Great location"
Clean for the age. Could use updating. Great location to shopping and malls. Close to beach. Continental breakfast was good with waffles, bagels and Danish.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Great stay with fair price"
We got a clean room, with friendly staff.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Numan
"Economical, decent hotel in a convenient area."
The expanded continental breakfast was better than many and handy for a quick start in the morning.
Ann
"Great getaway!"
The room was great! More than we expected.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Ok hotel for short stays"
Hotel is fair. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Outside areas are in need of cleaning and updating. Elevator is slow but has a door that closes too quickly and that is a problem when you are loading luggage on to it. Staff is friendly and the do their best to maintain an old hotel.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Restless stay"
Convenient location with restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. Poor cleanliness with bed not straightened, floor not vacuumed during stay, ants in the room, side of table with drip stain from previous occupant.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"It was good stay"
It was good stay. hotel is close to restaurants, Del Amo mall and not far from Redondo Beach. We stay in room with the king size bead. It was clean and recently remodeled, bed was really comfortable and starting our morning with breakfast and coffee was enjoyable.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Mayya
"Poor experience"
The heater didnt work. The wifi didn't work. The fire alarm went off twice.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"It's ok for the price but wifi is very bad"
I picked this hotel because the price (incl. parking/breakfast). It's a bit far out of the way (to LA) but in a safe area. however it's not very quiet around. My biggest complaint is wifi is horrible. i can only receive weak signal outside the door, nothing inside the room.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Vivian
We have stayed here many times when we visit our son who lives nearby. and have been very satisfied each time. The location is great, breakfast is adequate and rooms are comfortable. However this time we noticed that the water pressure for a shower was very poor. Disappointing to see that a cost cutting measure (maybe) is taking away one of the comforts.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Jo
"Bad internet connection"
Bad and slow speed internet connection
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
This hotel was much nicer than I had anticipated. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Overall good hotel!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Good location, rate, and safe.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"One night at Ho Jo's in Torrance"
Met our expectations. Been at other HoJo's
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Claude
"80's hotel"
The hotel was ok and it seemed 80's. I loved the fridge but the wifi did not work at all.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Brian S.
"Dated"
Dated hotel in need of renovation. Mattress hard like rock. But great location at a good rate.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"satisfied"
exept the Constraction next door
6 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Horst Hauzel
"?"
Construction work on progress next to the hotel,noise started at 7,simple breakfast,location is ok close to the beach,hotel needs update
4 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Engine
"good hotel"
I like this hotel
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nice clean room and good location"
The room was comfortable and clean. There was a fridge and microwave. The coffee maker was a little one cup style and I couldn't use my own coffee and filters which was disappointing. Breakfast didn't start until 7 am which made it to late for my schedule. The area was safe with many restaurant choices. I'd stay again.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Close to business venue"
Was worth the price paid. Reception coffee was old/cold and inadequate supply of condiments. Some of the receptionist was not receptive or responsive to guest's needs or request.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Ascencio
"great maid service"
Best maid service I have ever had! Room was clean beyond what I have ever expected. I am from Las Vegas and know what is outstanding maid service. Wi-Fi never worked and I complained to management several times. Their answer was nobody else is complaining. Too bad management is not as excellent at their job as the maids are with theirs. Very annoying to have to go down to office each day for a key that worked.
3 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Sandra
"NICE"
I like this hotel, we have stayed here a few time, simple breakfast but good. nice staff. clean room
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Enough to rest"
This hotel is enough if your plans are being traveling around the city and select a hotel just to sleep. The breakfast is very poor.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Property next door is under major construction so lots of noise to put up with. Looks like it will be this way for a long time.
2 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"The best location"
It was great the location was perfect close to ever place we needed to go to. Even though it is on a busy street you would never know it because it was so quiet. The breakfast they serve was great.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"Decent Accommodations And Value"
Decent accommodations and value in an overpriced industry. The motel is pretty basic, with no pool, weight room, etc. Continental breakfast was the usual, but nice to have. The location is good, with restaurants and shopping nearby. The motel has outdoor corridors, and as is typical with this design, there was some noise from some rowdy people stomping up and down and slamming doors. One person kept running up and down the walkway all night - don't ask me why. They eventually stopped about 4am. In my view, all hotels/motels should have an assistant manager or guard that watches for this sort of thing and throws the offending people out. Rooms are too expensive - and sleep too precious - to put up with this nonsense. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, and parking was ample. Overall I'd say it was a decent experience and value.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Morrie
"Close to the beach and reasonable rate"
I enjoyed my stay here.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
"i would stay here again"
Room was very clean. Front desk service was excellent. I was unable to maintain an internet connection. Breakfast was very limited.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
LT
"Perfect location"
The value was more than the price would suggest, it was a true bargain! The area was good and it was a straight shot down to the Redondo pier.i would definitely stay here again! The only complaint I had was jackhammering in the early morning at the construction site directly next door
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Jordin
"Great price, great comfort."
We stayed in the room with 2 king beds on the 2nd floor. We loved the size of the room, even had a small balcony. The carpet feels dirty otherwise it is a clean room. The temperature of the water changes constantly. I hope they fix that.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Better than expected"
It was a very pleasurable 2 day stay. Room was clean and well maintained. Towels etc. were enough for four of us. The location is great and is very close to almost everything, restaurants, stores, car rental etc. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Free breakfast was maintained at the same level for entire 3 hours and was very good. 24 hours coffee and other amenities was a big plus. During this trip, we stayed in 5 hotels of this class and there is no hesitation in saying that this was the best of them all. I really appreciate the staff for maintaining it so well as such a reasonable price in LA. Thanks.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Cheap and clean. Would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Britney
"Great place to relax and take care of business!"
I checked in late in the evening and the young lady at the counter was very accommodating and check in was a breeze. Loved the room. Nice and comfy and roomy. Highly recommend for a cost effective quick business trip. Right smack dab in the middle of everything perfect (fast food, sit down restaurants, pharmacy, grocery store and even a WalMart in walking distance!) Great stay!
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2014