All hotels in DeSoto, Texas, United States of America

Service is adequate
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"loved it"
Loved the room..it was very comfortable thr only thing wrong was the girl up front..she didn't tell us anything about thr breakfast or what floor the ice machine was on..other then that I would stay there..
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Christie
"Convenient Stay"
The lobby was busy when I arrived but I assume that was partially due to the big college football game going on at the time. Once I got checked in it was a quiet night in the room. There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant next door (delicious food!) and plenty of other things around in the area within a couple miles. It is located right off the frontage road and has easy access to the freeway. The breakfast was very slim in pickings but when it's 'free' I guess you can't complain?
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Brittany
"call and confirm your booking"
Our booking was screwed up. Had to change rooms 3 times and still didn't get what I booked. Single smoking room, the only single they had left had a dead door reader so had to change and then they booked a non smoking room, which doesn't work for me so had to change again to a double. After that things were better.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Jarrod
"Nice hotel; close to restaurants/stores"
The room was nice. The beds were firm and comfortable. I had a slight problem with flushing the toilet but overall the room was okay and reasonably priced.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Janice
"The restful and quite.."
It was a great stay. Room was very clean staff very help. The breakfast could be better. More hot foods like meats eggs and maybe waffles.
"Satisfied"
I was only there for one night and it was ok for that one night. For the price that I paid I got great deal. The room was a little small, but I it since I was alone.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Stayed one night with friends and enjoyed the stay a lot! Room was clean and tidy, staff was friendly and it was quite pleasant. No bad feelings, would go again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
"close to my locations"
Really enjoy staying at this hotel. The people are very nice. The rooms are well maintained. We like to stay there when we are in town.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Jerry
The front desk clerk Rosa made our day.. her "bubbling personality" made us very welcome. Having a person with such a great personality and to be greeted with a "huge smile" every time that we needed assistance made a difference to our visit, We do have a suggestion: designate certain rooms for pets only. We kept itching and having something flying the room and biting us. Please spray the rooms and remove the small pests. Thank you
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
John and Shirley
"Not clean"
I just wanted a room to stay overnight in. They had no non smoking rooms available. Had to come and spray my room. Then there were nats and Flys buzzing around my ear while I laid down. I only stayed in the hotel a couple of hours before checking out and moving to another hotel. I'm still itching from the room.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
A.B.
Affordable and comfortable stay. Good hotel. I would come back when in town.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
BJ
"Don't Bother"
When I walked in, the person behind the counter was very rude. She told me that there was a certain time for me to check in. When I explained my situation to her, she rolled her eyes, and did not seem interested in helping me at all. When she finally decided to give me my room, I was charged an extra fee for my puppy, that was NOT included in my bill prior. The room itself was a little dated( an old box TV, but at least there WAS a TV), and the bathroom was okay. There were rust spots on the ceiling in the bathroom, and screws stuck out of the faucet. The floor smelled, both inside and outside the bathroom. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. The cleaning staff did not CLEAN the room. They only made the beds, and took the garbage. I had to ask for extra tiles. I know cleaning personnel usually do SOME type of cleaning in the bathroom, but they did not. Overall, I will NOT be booking this hotel ever again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
5 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Keldrin Ward
"Run"
RUN,RUN, RUN this place is horrible and has BED BUGS!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a dog!! Rude, and unprofessional representatives including the non-caring supervisor Rochel. Run, Run, Run stay at Motel 6 not worth a penny.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
valentine0214
"Very nice"
I had a pleasant stay the rooms are very nice great trip
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Big Sexy Evett
"Older hotel in convenient area"
The DeSoto area is decent. The hotel is older and will probably need a remodel soon. The staff is very friendly and courteous.
3 night business trip May 29, 2014
I wouldnt go back its not worth what i was charged.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Stayed here after staying at the Gaylord. Room was as clean as Gaylord and has just a few less amenities. Good business hotel.
2 night business trip May 3, 2014
chuck
Really enjoyed my stay
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Very Accomodating"
The staff went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable...I had to be in Lancaster for a couple of day surgeries, and the hotel was very quiet and comfortable for recouperating. Thanks very much.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Vonni
"ok"
Motel is OK not great but not bad. Breakfast is skimpy and mediocre
5 night trip Apr 10, 2014
scott
"close to where my meeting & church was located"
it was great
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Poor employee attitudes"
When I first got there, a black lady was there, never said anything and never smiled and took her time getting around the desk to check me in. PLUS she had to call other employees to check to see if my room was even clean!!! I asked her if they don't automatically clean those rooms after the tenants leave and she just stared at me...ridiculous!! Poor attitudes all around, you want my opinion?? Find an Omni Hotel...it's worth the money and so much better, I won't stay here again OH and my room was horribly small!
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"horrible"
Place was dirty, stairways were horrible called about the sheets but no one came went downstairs staff was rude so i went to walmart and bought a blanket for my baby to sleep on breakfast was horrible the same guy fixing breakfast was sweeping the floor.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
k
"Hotel is ok"
Hotel is in an excellent location and has clean rooms with a friendly staff. There is a small continental breakfast area. The hotel was a good value at $58 per night.
7 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Ted
We have stayed at this hotel before and have always enjoyed it. Will stay there again.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"kinda hoodish"
The room itself was nice and clean . The problem was getting to that cleanliness. The elevator and lobby were pretty shabby. Also, there were folks hanging out in the parking lot all night. Not just like two, but like parking lot party. Overall, location was good, price was better. The desk even let me check in early. I would stay there again for sure, but it's not for everybody.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not created equal"
I stayed in another Days Inn the night before in Austin, TX and it was horrible!!! The room was not clean. The toilet stopped up when my wife used it so I called the front desk and the attendant said "Come get a plunger." Needless to say I was not pleased with that experience. Conversely, I arrived in Dallas the next day and the facility was exponentially better. Clean, with a professional staff. I would definitely stay again if I visit Desoto.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Nice motel, nothing special"
traveling......no time for leisure.....slept and left.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Not a good hotel!"
Looks better on line than in person! 1st and last!
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
Vj
"quick overnight stay"
The room was okay however the television was outdated.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
bea
Na
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
"Great place, good location"
Room was surprisingly bigger than I expected. Very clean, good service. Reasonable rates. Close to all highways.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"Christmas Vacation"
The hotel was fine. The handicap bath was very comfortable with the exception that water ran throughout the bathroom when showing and we had to use several towels to mop up the excess water. We needed more pillows due to sleeping necessity and was only given one; so we had to purchase more pillows. Price was fair for the stay. Would stay again.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
Fred Perkins
Overall it was okay for the price. However, the hallways smelled like bleach and smoke.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
nice place to stay when traveling.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
"Decent for the price"
The service was not superb nor was it horrible. When comparing to other hotels, I expect to see a friendly smile which was never given. This hotel is in need of repairs. The shower head was no longer caulked. I could only give a 3 for comfort because they only provided 3 small pillows in a queen bed for 2 adults.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
Great, clean, neat, updated room. Service could be better and the breakfast needs to be more haerty. Rooms are a little small, but a good comfortable hotel overall.
2 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
Felicia
"great"
The room was nice and clean. The only problem is that when I call to confirm my reservation the hotel clerk said i didn't have one but we got it straight, my name was spelled wrong,but when we got there she sweet
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
Deborah
"Don't unless desperate!"
The lobby had a horrible odor and the front desk staff were unfriendly and uninformative. Unless you are just desperate for palace to lay your head this is not the place to stay. I asked upon check in if I could get slate check out because we had a funeral to attend early the next morning and would be back to check out before noon. The attendant told me I would have to call the next morning and talk to whoever was coming on duty. We called the next morning and the staff member told us no we could not have late check out we just needed to leave. The parking lot was full of questionable people talking loud drinking and smoking. It seemed to be a place where labor workers lay over for the night before ther were all these guys who were dressed maintenance clothing that was dirty and coveed in mud. This was definitely not a good experience.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Well below expectations."
First room that I was given was dirty. The door in the room was not latched or locked. I walked into the room and found a bag from someone's lunch or dinner (a squatter or previous guest?) and there was some type of garbage/cotton balls on the bathroom counter. I returned downstairs to receive attitude when asking to change rooms. After a bit of difficulty, I was allowed to change rooms. I understand that 'things happen' but would have expected some type of apology and quick resolution to change rooms. I don't have very high expectations for hotels in this price range, but that was among the worst hotel experiences I've had in a midrange cost. Will not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"sorry"
When we arrived our room did not have air conditioning it was broke..instead of swapping rooms the middle eastern staff decided we could just wait til someone came to fix it i had to argue for 45 minutes to finally get another room upstairs and the door would not work..
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"dont waste your money."
I shouldve stayed at motel 6 instead
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
Very good service room clean
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
Tonja
"Satisfied"
I was satisfied
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Synora
"could have been a really good experience"
I showed up at 1145pm and I just wanted to crash after 12 hours on the road. I was grossed out by the first room as it smelled like urine- all over! I don't know why they would still offer that room to customers. and the room itself was kinda run down. I went down to the desk,explained the situation and the gentleman was very apologetic and switched me to a very nice, very clean king size room.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Lauren
"Okay for Price"
Days Inn was okay, i liked how they are making changes with the rooms as far as paint and art work. I didn't like the smell of the room, and our toilet wouldn't completely flush. Had to flush it several times for it to completely drain. Nice stores and restuartants were in the area and easy to find.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Tasha
It was great
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Marlan
Hotel was ok, it is an older hotel. Had 2 non smoking rooms when we walked into 1 you could smell smoke so we went to front desk & they were Freindly & took care of it right away. Getting into the hotel is a little tricky.
2 night family trip May 24, 2013
Denise
"more shuttle acess"
My stay was great I am a truck driver. The room was in good. Condition covenant to a restaurant an store. More shuttle access would be great. Overall nice clean quite place to rest on business.
Business trip Jun 17, 2013
Tra
"Rate too high for quality"
The room was stuffy and had a stale odor. Most disqusting was the fact that we could not even watch the basketball game. We could not get it on the TV. For the rate paid, I was totally disappointed. A $40 rate would have been enough. We could have paid $20 more and stayed at the Hampton Inn. They were full. We should get a free night coupon for another stay, but not at this one. Maybe there is another somewhere that is not smelly and the TV gets the channels that we want to watch. Disgusted.
1 night trip May 25, 2013