All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here738 Main Street, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.9
"great digs for the price"
two night stay while visiting family. great digs for the price. clean, comfortable, helpful & friendly staff. free breakfast was mediocre -- but it was free. would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Michael J
"Good Hotel, disappointed in Fitness Room Confusion"
Very disappointed I was asked to leave the fitness room at 8pm when the sign right outside the door said open until 11pm. Otherwise, hotel was fine, clean and good enough breakfast. Allows pets which is very nice.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Perfect business stay"
I travel a fair bit for my young business and never expect too much from hotels on my budget. So this place comes as quite a surprise. Compact, but perfectly renovated, like-new room, pleasant finishes, impeccable bathroom, decent breakfast, friendly, solicitous reception. Will make it my base in Portland.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Hotel Review"
The staff was very friendly, however there were no vending machines for something to drink or for snacks, they were broken. The rooms were moderately clean minus the blood that was all over one of our pillows. Once we got past that the beds were moderately comfortable. It's an ok place to stay for the price. Just be sure to check your bedding before resting your head.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Kristi
"more than a fair deal"
ok, it is not the Hilton. And you are paying a third of the Hilton's price. It is on route, at a very busy intersection but located so, using the light it is an easy in and out. Not in the mall complex it is very close, with access to the interstate or Portland. Being where it is it is essentially a large motel in a parking lot. Views are not great. There is some traffic noise, the walls are a little thin so you are aware of activities in the hall. But the room door has three levels of security, you are safe. The bed was really comfortable and room and bath, though not fancy, were very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help in any way they can. Perhaps not a four star I wish the rating system let me give them a three and a half. You get what you need. I would go back.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Allen
"comfortable, clean and friendly"
comfortable, clean and friendly. first room's toilet didn't work so they immediately moved us and upgraded room. great, friendly staff.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Average"
This is an older hotel. The walls are pretty thin. It was clean enough just needs some updating. The staff was friendly. Would have expected to pay a little less for this hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014

"Great front desk gal."
The front desk service was exceptional. The room and breakfast was worth the $.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Comfortable beds"
Comfortable beds decent price good central location. The breakfast was just ok we got tired of it after day 2 not many options as far as the healthy side.
Shane
"Fall holiday"
The hotel was very nice and clean ,nice white sheets and four fluffy pillows.Janique at recption was very helpful and super friendly.She recommendd a place for dinner and called a taxi for us on a rainy night to get to a concert.We were so pleased with it we came back the next night after a day trip to New Hampshire.It was also easy to find as we were travelling on route 1.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014

"Nettes Hotel/Motel"
Sehr freundliche Empfangsdame. Sauberes Zimmer, einfaches Frühstück.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Andy
DE
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

"Very Glad I Chose This Hotel!"
04/22/15 Mike G
Was visiting the Portland area to connect with a friend and to take in the area and do some exploring over a long weekend. Had checked out a wide variety of hotels and thought that most were out of my price range or not really what I was looking for. Found this Quality Inn, liked that the room included a flat screen HDTV, refrigerator & microwave (the last two at no extra cost, unlike some other hotels), as well as a good breakfast; so reserved online with a good discount off the "List Price". Was greeted by Amy at the desk when I first arrived, and saw her again the following day - A genuine Ray of Sunshine with a great attitude & smile on her face. The room was clean, the beds were VERY comfortable, and had plenty of pillows. There was a good variety for breakfast, including scrambled eggs, biscuits & sausage. Really enjoyed my stay in the area, thought what I paid was a very good price, and the hotel met all of my wants & needs. Would definitely stay there again when in the area. As a side note, they are renovating the rear motel units and obviously doing upgrades on the site, which will enhance the value of this hotel.
"Outside entrance rooms are seasonal"
04/08/15 dptoursusa LILLE, MAINE
I stay at properties with outside entrance rooms when a traveling companion is a smoker. It is easier for that person to enjoy a smoke near the room. I stayed here two summers ago when it was listed as a Super 8. A reserved outside entrance room was not open then so had to settle for a stay in the hotel section. Recent reviews on Trip Advisor had high praise for the renovations the now renamed Quality Inn & Suites had made. I thought I'd give it another try. The hotel website offered both outside and inside entrance rooms. I wanted an outside entrance room and so stated on the reservation. I found out at registration that outside rooms were seasonal and I was committed to an inside room. It was past the 4 p.m. cut-off time to cancel. I arrived to register at 4:12. After some discussion, the clerk made a phone call and I was then allowed out of the committed room stay. My companion and I went down the road to our preferred Maine Mall EconoLodge for the night. I did not get a chance to experience the renovations and don't believe I will reserve here again. I wish properties would state clearly what rooms are available for lodging during the researched dates of a stay. A past experience should have forewarned me to phone ahead to make sure the room I wanted was available during my stay. The property's website makes no mention that only the main building is open year-round and that the motel section is seasonal.
"Good for stopover"
02/16/15 Kim A Cape Breton Island, Canada
Stayed here while passing through. A good option for a stopover. Decent breakfast, wifi, parking. Next door to The Maine Table which was a great option for a sit-down supper and it was within walking distance.
"Mixed experience/overall good"
02/10/15 Esker4 Midwestern State, USA
Good things: the location was ideal for my purpose (visiting family nearby), the price was reasonable, the front desk staff were nice Not so good: Other reviews have mentioned clean and even "spotless".. Certainly the linens and bathroom were clean, but my room smelled like dog (pets are allowed), the carpet had grit on it, and I don't think a room can be considered spotless if you have to wonder if the stains on the wall are food or blood. Nevertheless, the positive aspects of the room and hotel outweighed the negative and I would at least consider staying here again when in the Portland area. I stayed next door at the Best Western Merry Manor Inn on my last visit and the Quality Inn is a better deal for essentially the same level of room, comfort, service.
"REALLY GREAT STAY"
02/06/15 Branden D Gorham, New Hampshire
We had a wonderful stay. Kim at the front desk was really great. She was helpful,friendly and informative. She recommended a place for dinner that was close and we were actually able to walk there. Take her word for it THE MAINE TABLE was awesome. The hotel was spotless, and breakfast was more than adequate. All staff members were courteous and friendly. Thanks again for a great stay
"excellent service& wonderful stay"
01/24/15 Texas W
First time in this hotel and loved it!!! WE had 2 queen bed non smoking room. Quiet, clean rooms, nice and comfy bed would be most anyone need after long hours of driving.Breakfast was very good including selections of danishes, muffin,bagels, sausages and others. Really nice price and Excellent staff. Front desk clerk AMY went above and beyond to make our stay. Close to Maine Mall and downtown. Highly recommend
"Comfortable Stay"
01/04/15 RoadtripCowboy Burlington, CT
We stayed at Quality Inn South Portland for one night while sightseeing in the area on Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel has a small parking lot and is on Main Street near a residential area. Check in went quick and we were in our 1st floor interior corridor room in no time. The 2 queen bed room for 2 adults and 2 kids was clean and simple with a view of the parking lot and adjoining building. Breakfast in the front lobby area is from 6-9 AM. Since the front entrance is nearby, it was a bit cold as guests opened the door frequently. There is a decent selection of muffins, Danish and Belgian waffle maker. Our stay at Quality Inn South Portland was brief yet pleasant. We will consider staying here if in the area again.
"Better than comfort inn"
12/28/14 Gary610 Halifax, Canada
We always stayed at the comfort inn but no more! This place is quieter, less expensive and the rooms are better. The breakfast was very good. The staff are very good. A short drive from the mall and food.
12/02/14 C M
We stayed for one night passing through the area. Amy at the front desk was very friendly and attentive. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a mini fridge, microwave and TV. Not much selection of TV channels but not a big deal for us. Breakfast buffet was good - the usual stuff. Ample parking, close to highway and close to the big mall and many restaurants. Would recommend.
"Practically Brand New"
11/12/14 Raymond M Thompson Falls
Either brand new or very well kept. Good room with comfortable mattresses, very good breakfast area with a good selection, and the staff was friendly. It had very good access. The staff was helpful. Good experience.