All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
738 Main Street, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"Perfect for what we needed!"
We spent one night in this hotel and it was fine for what we needed - a clean and convenient place near Portland. The outside of the hotel isn't the greatest, but the rooms are quite nice. Would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Marta
"No rest here"
It took them half an hour to get us checked in. Then the smoke alarm in the room next door went off in the middle of the night. Not a big deal... until it kept going off and the front desk wouldn't do anything about it. We were woken up 5 times between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. The front desk assured us they were taking care of it. There were people in the next room. They told me everything was fine in there. We finally told the front desk we were going to call the fire department if they didn't get the alarm taken care of. At that point someone ran up the stairs, went into the room, got the alarm turned off. The next morning a man tried coming in our room, we still had it locked. I talked to him through the door, asking what he needed. He claimed to be with house keeping. Just an overall weird experience, one I don't care to repeat.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Renovated upgrade."
The three of us were upgraded to a suite that had just been renovated. Everything was new. Complete kitchen, living room area with desk and TV and the bedroom had wonderful new mattresses and bedding with a good sized TV and the bathroom was adequate. The one downfall was that we never knew that the outside pool was closed. That could have been why we were afforded the upgrade at a discount. Overall we loved the suite and it was convenient to Portland.
2 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
Christine L
"Bad stay"
It was just bad, it stinks, the breakfast is not worth anything, but there is a small, great breakfast place close by
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"Good enough"
This one wasn't as nice as the one I stayed in in Augusta (ME). Clean room, though, and working shower (important since I had been on a boat the last four days and unable to shower). Staff even let me back in to the room after I checked out since I had accidentally left my water bottle in there.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Great stay overall"
No pool. Comfortable enough beds. No complaints.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Friendly staff, nice room and breakfast
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Decent option for quick overnight stay"
The room was clean and fairly well-appointed. The beds were comfortable. The HVAC unit was extremely loud, unfortunately. Location of the hotel was convenient for us (couple of miles from relative's home) but I wouldn't choose to stay there for any length of time, as it's on a busy road, so no (safe) walking possible.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"weekend getaway"
it was great=)
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"I'd definitely recommend this place!"
I'll be as thorough as possible. The rooms were great. Very clean and comfy. The beds were comfy and the sheets were clean and looked nice. When we first arrived, the tub didn't drain properly but the service was amazing and they simply moved us into a room. The location was nice and there's a nice restaurant right next door. However, the continental breakfast lacked any type of luster. It was like every other hotel with muffins and just a small variety of other breakfast items. Obviously this didn't bother us because this wasn't the reason why we stayed at this place. Instead we just drove out to go eat breakfast and adventured into portland lol.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Tenjing
"Clean but leans liberal"
It was fine but they did not have Fox News channel on the tv. Obviously since that is a major station on everyone's cable. This hotel must have intentionally excluded it. Because of that I won't be staying here again
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Comfortable"
The back door into the hotel that we used was not locked which would give anybody access to the interior of the hotel. Not a safe practice.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"great digs for the price"
two night stay while visiting family. great digs for the price. clean, comfortable, helpful & friendly staff. free breakfast was mediocre -- but it was free. would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Michael J
"Good Hotel, disappointed in Fitness Room Confusion"
Very disappointed I was asked to leave the fitness room at 8pm when the sign right outside the door said open until 11pm. Otherwise, hotel was fine, clean and good enough breakfast. Allows pets which is very nice.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Perfect business stay"
I travel a fair bit for my young business and never expect too much from hotels on my budget. So this place comes as quite a surprise. Compact, but perfectly renovated, like-new room, pleasant finishes, impeccable bathroom, decent breakfast, friendly, solicitous reception. Will make it my base in Portland.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Hotel Review"
The staff was very friendly, however there were no vending machines for something to drink or for snacks, they were broken. The rooms were moderately clean minus the blood that was all over one of our pillows. Once we got past that the beds were moderately comfortable. It's an ok place to stay for the price. Just be sure to check your bedding before resting your head.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Kristi
"more than a fair deal"
ok, it is not the Hilton. And you are paying a third of the Hilton's price. It is on route, at a very busy intersection but located so, using the light it is an easy in and out. Not in the mall complex it is very close, with access to the interstate or Portland. Being where it is it is essentially a large motel in a parking lot. Views are not great. There is some traffic noise, the walls are a little thin so you are aware of activities in the hall. But the room door has three levels of security, you are safe. The bed was really comfortable and room and bath, though not fancy, were very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help in any way they can. Perhaps not a four star I wish the rating system let me give them a three and a half. You get what you need. I would go back.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Allen
"comfortable, clean and friendly"
comfortable, clean and friendly. first room's toilet didn't work so they immediately moved us and upgraded room. great, friendly staff.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Average"
This is an older hotel. The walls are pretty thin. It was clean enough just needs some updating. The staff was friendly. Would have expected to pay a little less for this hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014

"Good clean basic hotel."
We stayed just one night on our way to our destination. The hotel was very good, a basic, clean room with a very adequate continental breakfast to send us on our way. Was close to shopping if you are looking for that and close to the highway for stopping for the night without going too far out of your way. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Bernadette
"Pleasant stay, but not without incidents"
Check in was quick, pleasant but when we got to our room (at 10 pm at night), the room was open and the beds were not made. Looked like it was half cleaned. We were given another room. The next morning there was no hot water. Staff were very attentive at rectifying the problem (breaker had tripped, turning off the hot water), and accommodated us by offering to move us to another room, but it delayed our start to the day.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Janet
"Average plus"
Good hotel, decent price. Pillows are however too big and sheets not really soft. Clean.
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great front desk gal."
The front desk service was exceptional. The room and breakfast was worth the $.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Needs updating"
The hotel needs a total overhaul the bathroom was freezing and the shower was terrible no water pressure at all the breakfast was cold no variety will not stay here again the staff was super friendly that was the I my highlight for me
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Laurie
"Very good accomodation and excellent value"
Staff are very helpful. Location is good and there is a great restaurant, The Maine Table, next door. Room was clean. The hotel was a bit drafty in spots given the winter we have had but the room heater worked well. Very good value. We will stay there again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Nelson
"Clean hotel close to the Maine Mall"
Staff at the Quality Inn are excellent! Very friendly and offered great choices for meals. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Derrick
"Comfortable beds"
Comfortable beds decent price good central location. The breakfast was just ok we got tired of it after day 2 not many options as far as the healthy side.
Shane
"Fall holiday"
The hotel was very nice and clean ,nice white sheets and four fluffy pillows.Janique at recption was very helpful and super friendly.She recommendd a place for dinner and called a taxi for us on a rainy night to get to a concert.We were so pleased with it we came back the next night after a day trip to New Hampshire.It was also easy to find as we were travelling on route 1.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014

"Très bien en général"
Très bien en général séjour agréable
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Christian
"Cerca al aeropuerto y al Mall"
Cerca al aeropuerto, limpio y comodo :)
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Gina
CO
"Nettes Hotel/Motel"
Sehr freundliche Empfangsdame. Sauberes Zimmer, einfaches Frühstück.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

"Great location and amenities"
08/02/15 cam442 Charleston
The location is just a mile from I295 and I95 and located on scenic hwy1. Our room had a full sized refrigerator, two stove burners, a dishwasher and pullout couch.The bedroom had two full sized beds, t.v and was separate from the living room. The bathroom was a little small, but overall a nice room, especially for 5 people. Amy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with directions, general questions about the area and gave out complementary bottled water. There was a hot breakfast but the restaurant next door has a nice menu and good rating on tipadvisor. I enjoyed this unassuming hotel with the extra in room amenities and would stay here when I visit again.
"Convenient, lower cost option"
07/29/15 Ksmart15 Hudson, New York
We chose to stay here as the Portland hotels were so expensive. We were not disappointed. The location offered convenient access to Portland, approx 10 min to downtown. The hotel staff was friendly, standard free breakfast, and free wifi. The room was a bit small; we had a single queen and both walked into the desk on the way back from the bathroom in the middle of the night. But, we were only there for 2 nights, so it was ok. The fitness center is a bit of a joke, a room with an old bike and old piece of weight equipment. Overall, we were pleased with the stay.
"Carpets need to be cleaned!"
07/28/15 Debbie R
We stayed here for two nights and chose it because Portland hotels were so much more expensive. It seemed clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. However, even though my mom always said not to go barefoot in a hotel, I do! Big mistake!! Seriously, my feet were black after walking around for an hour. Yuck!! They need to shampoo the rugs and update a bit.
"Minimally Acceptable"
07/26/15 jml3 Bethesda, Maryland
If all you want is a bed and a clean room for one night, this place is OK. But everything about it is only minimally acceptable. Styrofoam everything - cups, breakfast plates. Packaged cookies on check-in. Wall air conditioner. Nothing wrong - but little to distinguish it.
"Decent room for one night"
07/25/15 Snarfyschmoo Knoxville, Tennessee
My family and I stayed here on a tour of New England. It was just ok. Not great but not the worst we saw for sure! Only stayed one night and I'm glad because the setup of this suite was awkward. Very small and tight bathroom located in the middle of the room. To one side was a bedroom with two queen beds - very comfy sleep - on the other side was a living room with a couch that made a futon. Wasn't expecting that and the mother-in-law was not happy to sleep on it. Also, each side had its own entrance to outside. Some might like this and find it convenient but we didn't like it since rooms are not indoor. Didn't feel as safe. Breakfast was fine. Like I said before, just ok.
"Noisey but clean and modern."
07/25/15 Marystundon County Limerick, Ireland
The only reason i gave it a 3 star is the noise. The HOtel itself was very cleana and modern. But we got no sleep. There was a lot of people shouting and running up and down and doing god only knows what. I reported it the next morning but did not get a call back that I was assured i would. In saying that it could ahve been just that night. The room was very clean and comfortable but the Air conditioning was very loud.
"Great Place Good Price"
07/22/15 tjpalm Maine
We were looking for a reasonable hotel for a last minute trip to the airport followed by a visit to Old Orchard. Room had 2 king beds. Hot breakfast included waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. Hotel was clean staff friendly added to list of places to stay again.
"Many stays"
07/19/15 Tori C
My fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The rooms are clean and the staff are great. The breakfast is hot and fresh. The only complaint I have is, after calling the hotel over 10 times, I was not able to get in touch with a manager, to block off rooms for our wedding in September. I think is HORRIBLE customer service. I considered booking our 15 rooms somewhere else.
"Adequate and clean"
07/19/15 Annemarie G
The room was clean, which is high on my priority list. Few quirks of hotel: no elevator, but our room on 2nd floor was wheelchair accessible in the bathroom. Our ac worked but didn't adequately cool the room because of size of the room. We were asked not to use jacuzzi tub because it had issues, there was a separate shower (with poor water pressure ).
"Best of it kind"
07/14/15 E. E
This hotel is one of the best of it kind. Newly renovated, very clean. The front desk lady (Amy) provide one of the best customer service, very acknowledge of the surroundings. She will give good directions to places in town. They have hot complimentary breakfast. I recommend it.