All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
6325 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17050, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Goods and bads"
Well I'll start with the good... Overall the hotel was great! Clean, friendly, great pool. Neighborhood is great.... lots to do. However, this insident was not the hotels fault. We went down and stayed for Carlisle events performance and style. We came outside and the company they have that mows grass had literally blown wet fresh cut grass all over our car!! Then, after I told the gentleman not to, he procedes to use a leaf blower to blow the grass off. My advice park it the rear of the building away from grass
Response by Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW - Mechanicsburg
Dear Jessica, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Also, I have forwarded you comments over to our lawn care/landscaping company to have addressed with their field teams. We hope you will visit us again. Sincerely, James Gordon General Manager
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
jessica
"okay"
Nice hotel in a nice area. The breakfast was great, however the last day there was a hair in the eggs. There was also hairs in the shower. The doors are paper thin. This probably wouldn't have bothered us before, but we have an infant and someone walking in the halls having a normal conversation was like it was in our room- during bedtime/naptime this was a problem for us.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
"pa"
Swell
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Satisfactory experience. Rooms have been upgraded and bathrooms as well. Rooms where very nice and clean. Breakfast was also satisfactory.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Poor housekeeping staff"
Poor housekeeping dirty towels left in corner of room by hotel staff. Dirty cups from coffee in room. Poor poor.
3 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
"Great staff"
The hotel is a great location and staff location was great quite and comfortable
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Good place to stay. I was here on business and they provided everything I needed. The continental breakfast was decent as well. I definitely recommend this place.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"pa"
Old comfort Inn changed to a holiday inn. Improvements but still older. Good stay.
2 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
great hotel to stay in when on a business trip. A nice hot breakfast was served every morning, and the staff were very cordial and accommodating.
5 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Cheri
"Nice Hotel for business Travel"
Everything was as expected. You can always depend on Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Had a great time everyone was very friendly and polite I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
jessica
This hotel was everything you could ask for in this class. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, the room was clean, the beds comfortable, and everything worked. The location was also great with plenty of restaurants in close proximity. I highly recommend the brew pub 1 mile west of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Great breakfast!"
Hotel was nice and staff. Hallway smelled like cigarets a little but besides that everything was good. Breakfast was excellent! Thank you
3 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
ana
"Kind employees"
Every employee was very nice and this was a much nicer stay than the Park Inn at Mechanicsburg.
5 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
"nice place to stay for a family trip"
I like this hotel. The staff is nice and room is clean. Especially the included breakfast has lots of varieties, suitable for family.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, easy access to everything"
I enjoyed my one night stay, very nicely updated & clean
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"NIce hotel close to the Harrisburg Airport"
In my experience, this was the best breakfast bar ever in a 2-3 star hotel.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Very nice"
Very friendly and good location
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Close to restaurants and shopping."
In the heart of Carlisle Pike. Shopping in each direction and lots of good restaurants are very close.
April
"Short Stay"
We were in town for a funeral. We didn't have much time at the hotel but the staff was friendly and our room was clean.
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
Lori
"Very nice but a little smoky."
We stayed here for one night after a wedding we attended. At first we were worried about noise because there was a sports team also staying at the hotel. The noise was not problem but the cigarette smoke on our floor was very strong.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Abby
"Ok hotel."
The rooms where ok. My room did have a smell. The breakfast was very nice. The staff was nice also.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Ann
"Exactly as expected"
Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, room had everything we wanted. Kids were looking forward to using the pool, which was closed. Maybe all outdoor pools are closed after labor day?
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
"close to shopping and restaurants safe part of tow"
pool wasn't opened to be expected this time of year I guess
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Close to highway and shopping"
Convenient stopover while traveling, just off I81. Older, updated building, well fitted rooms and comfortable. Plenty of parking for our trailer and close to good shopping and restaurants. Plenty of choices for hot and cold breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Peter D
"Must Stay"
I thought our stay was wonderful. The staff was very nice and friendly. The room was neat & clean. Services rendered was great and Jeff the receptionist at the front desk as very knowledgeable. He said if we need a place to eat he would recommend several restaurants as he was very familiar with the area as he lived there.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Janice
"Not Holiday Inn Quality"
Was extremely disappointed in this Holiday Inn Express. Usually the Quality of the Holiday Inn's are very consistent so you are guaranteed a good night stay. Not at this location. The carpet and bedding was old and worn and nothing had a fresh clean smell at all. I was traveling so this was the third Holiday Inn Express I had stayed at in a week and it was just down right terrible. It used to be a Quality Inn and I don't think they did any updating except for a new bathroom counter.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Overnight Stay before taking family to Hershey Par"
When we pulled into the front of the building my wife noticed that one of the rooms had some type of clear plastic coving the windows, her response was,... this can't be good. As always, "she was right". After checking in I headed down the hallway and took notice to how dirty the carpets were and how dirty all of the doors were. When I opened the door to our room, it felt damp. ALL of the furniture was dated. I felt like I was staying at an old road side motel that was never updated. I went back to the front desk and the staff person immediately assigned me to another room. This one was much better and I could tell it had been recently updated, Furniture, beds, bathroom, etc. It would be hard for me to stay at this one again, unless they complete a full renovation.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Marshall
"Holiday inn express"
Lousy hotel. The bed sheets weren't even changed from the previous guest. When my daughter pulled down the covers there were red stains on the sheets! Gross. Also while we were at the pool about 6 hotel staff were taking a smoking break and left their cigarette butts littering the patio. We will NEVER stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
M d
"Poor attention to details"
The remodel looks nice till you look close. Total new bathrooms with poor grout work. Paint on the new wood vanity paint also on the door hardware. What is up on the piece of wood with carpet on the room door?
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
I booked a room with a king size bed on hotel.com. When I arrived the hotel I was downgraded to a queen size bed with no compensation, and the explanation that there were no King size beds available and they were petty much the same cost anyway. When i arrived at the room it had been cleaned, but not very well. I was able to ignore a majority of the dirt until i turned my bed down and spotted multiple hairs and other leftover stains on the sheets. The front desk told me there were no other rooms available, but did come to change out the sheets. I would recommend not using this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Convenient"
Location was ideal and the facility was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Respite!"
Clean, spacious room, great beds, and a good night's sleep after we prepared to sell our house. What a relief the Comfort Inn was!
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Ron
"Pleasantly Surprised with how good this hotel was"
Stay was good & staff of hotel were very professional & courteous. Only shortcoming was hotel did not have a wine bottle cork opener. Called Front Desk & was informed they did not have any
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very comfortable"
Enjoyed the hard-cooked eggs and fresh oranges on the breakfast buffet.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
d
I was there to get a new Volvo and the location was great to many surrounding locations. The hotel staff and breakfast were overly accommodating.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
I liked the hotel and surrounding area. Plenty of places to eat and shop
1 night trip May 18, 2014
greyghost
"Best spot with kids"
I give the same 5 star as I experienced the same treatment if I chose a 5 star hotel
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
Zala
"Nice hotel in a good location . . ."
This hotel is located along the Carlisle Pike and convenient to interstate access. The immediate area around the hotel is retail-oriented, meaning restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores are everywhere. The outdoor swimming pool is a nice touch. But the hotel, itself, isn't really geared toward the vacation traveler, (i.e. this is not a "resort" property). My room was clean, and the included breakfast was very good . . .
1 night business trip May 8, 2014
Todd
"Pleasantly surprised"
Stayed overnight for early morning appointment with a car dealer next door. Was surprised to see major renovations to this older motel. Upgrades are very nice. Very clean motel and front desk staff are very friendly. Breakfast was adequate.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Physician
"Convenient & priced well"
Clean room & comfy beds and pillows. Generous items for free breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
Melinda
"Convienient"
Staff was helpful. Location was good.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2013
Ken
"i'LL SEE YOU NEXT GOLF TRIP..!"
ALWAYS WARRY, BUT PLESANTLY SUPRISED, FROM VERY NICE EMPLOYEES, AND CLEAN ROOMS, TO THE MIDDLE OF EVERY GOLF DESTINATION.. SEE YOU AGAIN
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
C.R. LEE
THE AREA WAS WONDERFUL CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.A GOOD PLACE TO EAT OR SHOP IS WEDMAN'S JUST BLOCKS FROM THE HOTEL.THIS HOTEL HAS JUST GO THROUGH A UPGRADE. WILL STAY NEXT YEAR TOO.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Random Bullets....pt 1"
I'm not normally one to post reviews, unless I have a truly horrible experience. I hope you take the time to read this whole review. I read the reviews before I booked the hotel and went with this one, opposed to one with a comparable review rating. I wish I had gone with the other one! Upon walking in the rear entrance to the lobby, I noticed a master lock just randomly sitting on the floor, as I bent down to pick it up, I noticed a loose .22 bullet just laying there next to it. I took both items to the front desk and asked if I had anything to worry about before I check in, to which the desk clerk assured me there was nothing to worry about as he nervously laughed it off. So we check in and grab our luggage from our vehicle. We decided to use the side stairwell entrance to go up to our room....stink is an understatement for the way this stairwell! We hoped that once we got out of the stairwell that the smell would go away, it didn't! It had a different, just as bad, stench in the hallway. The hallway looked filthy and the key entries on the door looked like they were turn of the century! As we made our way down the hallway, we noticed ANOTHER .22 BULLET just sitting on a luggage cart! We hadn't even made it to our room yet and were ready to leave the hotel and get our money back. Only 1500 characters per review! Sorry, I can't finish telling you the rest of our horrible experience.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
"Decent hotel for the price point."
We stayed at Comfort Inn for a night. Check in and checkout was quick, room is clean and has all that is required for a comfortable stay. The hotel provided a decent breakfast with several items to choose from. I highly recommend it if you are staying for a couple of nights and not looking for anything fancy.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
KKode
"Ideal location for visiting my friends."
Everyone was very pleasant, and I understand with the renovations going on that some of the motel is not what I am use to. But I am sure when finished the motel will be as welcome as any I have stayed in.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Pat
"Not so good"
Bad experience. We booked through expedia and didn't get what we asked for. Needed 2 double beds and got one. Had to get another single room to accommodate us. Expensive. No TV in room 2. Altogether not so good.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
the stay was terrible. they were under construction which you do not find out until i arrived at the hotel. no carpet and rough concrete floors. absolutely disgusting! the room stunk and i had no hot water. when complained i was told that they were under construction and some amenities were not available. come on no hot water.
2 night business trip Nov 26, 2012
"OK for one-night stay for business trip"
Outdated hotel/room, bed OK, but pillows very old. Loud A/C heating unit.Room close to highway side of hotel-could hear traffic loudly throughout the night. Bathroom shower nice, very clean bathroom. Good customer service by staff. Only stayed one night for business trip, but would not have enjoyed my stay if I was there for an extended time.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2012