All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
6325 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17050, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Delicious food
  • Value
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
"Pleasantly surprised"
Stayed overnight for early morning appointment with a car dealer next door. Was surprised to see major renovations to this older motel. Upgrades are very nice. Very clean motel and front desk staff are very friendly. Breakfast was adequate.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Physician
"Convenient & priced well"
Clean room & comfy beds and pillows. Generous items for free breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
Melinda
"Convienient"
Staff was helpful. Location was good.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2013
Ken
"i'LL SEE YOU NEXT GOLF TRIP..!"
ALWAYS WARRY, BUT PLESANTLY SUPRISED, FROM VERY NICE EMPLOYEES, AND CLEAN ROOMS, TO THE MIDDLE OF EVERY GOLF DESTINATION.. SEE YOU AGAIN
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
C.R. LEE
THE AREA WAS WONDERFUL CLOSE TO EVERYTHING.A GOOD PLACE TO EAT OR SHOP IS WEDMAN'S JUST BLOCKS FROM THE HOTEL.THIS HOTEL HAS JUST GO THROUGH A UPGRADE. WILL STAY NEXT YEAR TOO.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Random Bullets....pt 1"
I'm not normally one to post reviews, unless I have a truly horrible experience. I hope you take the time to read this whole review. I read the reviews before I booked the hotel and went with this one, opposed to one with a comparable review rating. I wish I had gone with the other one! Upon walking in the rear entrance to the lobby, I noticed a master lock just randomly sitting on the floor, as I bent down to pick it up, I noticed a loose .22 bullet just laying there next to it. I took both items to the front desk and asked if I had anything to worry about before I check in, to which the desk clerk assured me there was nothing to worry about as he nervously laughed it off. So we check in and grab our luggage from our vehicle. We decided to use the side stairwell entrance to go up to our room....stink is an understatement for the way this stairwell! We hoped that once we got out of the stairwell that the smell would go away, it didn't! It had a different, just as bad, stench in the hallway. The hallway looked filthy and the key entries on the door looked like they were turn of the century! As we made our way down the hallway, we noticed ANOTHER .22 BULLET just sitting on a luggage cart! We hadn't even made it to our room yet and were ready to leave the hotel and get our money back. Only 1500 characters per review! Sorry, I can't finish telling you the rest of our horrible experience.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
"Decent hotel for the price point."
We stayed at Comfort Inn for a night. Check in and checkout was quick, room is clean and has all that is required for a comfortable stay. The hotel provided a decent breakfast with several items to choose from. I highly recommend it if you are staying for a couple of nights and not looking for anything fancy.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
KKode
"Ideal location for visiting my friends."
Everyone was very pleasant, and I understand with the renovations going on that some of the motel is not what I am use to. But I am sure when finished the motel will be as welcome as any I have stayed in.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Pat
"Not so good"
Bad experience. We booked through expedia and didn't get what we asked for. Needed 2 double beds and got one. Had to get another single room to accommodate us. Expensive. No TV in room 2. Altogether not so good.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013

"Carlisle chrysler show"
Very good hotel and helpful staff
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
murray
NZ
"Nice Clean Hotel"
We booked for the Corvettes at Carlisle weekend. Hotel was conveniently located, clean and quiet. I will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Mario
"Very good"
Everything was very good! Enjoyed our stay!
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Frankie
MX

"小ざっぱりした部屋"
多少、年代を感じるところもあったが、小ざっぱりしており良かった。ただし、石鹸等は、個人の好みのものを持っていったほうが無難。車があれば、すぐ近くにスーパーがあるので購入も可能。
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2013
Business trip Jun 14, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg

"Pretty Average Hotel"
01/10/16 ajsnskool Phillipsburg
Arrived here on a Saturday night (1/2/16) for a business function that began at 4 am Sunday morning. I asked the desk clerk how I could get to the business location and she said, "it's next to Carrabas." I told her I wasn't from around the area and had no idea where Carabbas was. She got annoyed and told me to go out of the hotel and make a left (you can't, btw) and keep driving til I saw Carabbas. The place I needed to go was actually in the opposite direction and I only found that out because I couldn't make a left and the first U-turn was in the shopping center I needed to be. The room itself was nice, very clean, comfortable and had a mini-fridge and microwave, but honestly, I've stayed in Holiday Inn Expresses that were nicer. Again, not to say this wasn't nice, it was. I left too early to have any breakfast but I imagine it was the normal Express continental breakfast. I would stay here again if I come back to the area for business.
"Another good Holiday Inn Express experience"
12/21/15 tudomany Ann Arbor, Michigan
We have come to rely on this chain for a pleasant stay. Although the motel is on a busy highway, we had a very quiet room. We had a very comfortable king-sized bed. The room came with a microwave, fridge, TV, iron, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. as well as free WiFi, an excellent hot breakfast, the use of two computers in the business center, and parking. (My only quibble was the absence of towel racks in the bathroom.) The room and bath were clean. The staff was friendly. Various business establishments and restaurants are handy along the Carlisle Pike. We would stay there again.
"Great for our Overnight"
11/21/15 MommaJage Webster, NY
Short overnight stay. Hotel was easy to find and well kept. Staff were friendly. Seems like it started as another chain and was rebranded. The change was well done as this hotel has everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Front entrance is somewhat hidden and requires going down half a flight of stairs. Another easier entrance around back. Our room was on the front and was noisy and bright outside. I would request one on the back of the hotel. We were also just across from the elevator which was noisy. Overall a good stay and we would return.
"Great place"
11/17/15 patcarolsmith Upper Marlboro
The front desk was very helpful; the beds are wonderful; the shower is quiet; the breakfast is great; close to shopping and eateries. We were there for a sporting event and I know this was the best Holiday Inn I have stayed in for the last few years.
"overnight travel stay"
11/09/15 wolfbearbobcat Long Island,NY
nice hotel very clean rooms, arrived about 7 pm- free coffee 24/7 , nice breakfast, good location to a lot of places to eat , decor was very nice in room and hotel is well maintained in and out would stay again
"Great place"
11/07/15 Randy_the_Tester USA
I was here for 2 days to teach a class at the hotel. Everything was great in every way. Grocery store right across the street and places nearby to eat. The staff was friendly and the morning breakfast was great.
10/29/15 Jonette S Daphne, Alabama
We were on the road and our daughter made the reservation while we were traveling in a Uhaul. We were tired when we arrived in the eve after a rainstorm all day long. They were very welcoming in the lobby. Two young men in their 20's greeted us with smiling faces and were very pleasant. They already upgraded us upon arrival since my husband is a priority platinum member. The room was great probably the best suite arrangement I have seen. Two bedroom areas divided by a living room and there was a microwave and sink and small refrigerator and a dining table and chairs. It was home away from home complete with closets in both bedrooms. In th morning it was beautiful to look out and see the autumn foliage and mountain region in the distance. Their breakfast was better than most Holiday Inns. The eggs were decent and pork sausage and bacon was good along with their famous cinnamon rolls. I would skip the pancake maker. We tried to give it a go but they came out rubbery. I needed help the next morning in the business center and Travis was working that morning and he helped me out. We would have loved to stay longer and try out the eliptical machine or taken a dip in the indoor pool. Great place to return to if you are sightseeing in the area or traveling through.
"3 Night stay"
10/25/15 Becky J Knoxville
This is the second time this year I have stayed at this HIE location. Both times we were on the 3rd floor. At our latest stay we were across from the elevator and I was initially worried about hallway noise but we didn't hear very much. The rooms were clean during both visits and the desk staff was helpful. The only minor complaint would be that our room was not attended the first day of our latest stay. A room attendant opened the door and she asked if we needed anything - since my son was in the shower I said no because I didn't want to embarrass anyone. Unfortunately, she never returned to make up the room. The other two days our room on was attended. Breakfast food was adequate and the hostess was friendly and kept tables clean and food stocked.
"Decent hotel, staff is very friendly."
10/22/15 ColetteAndJim Roaming Endlessly
The hotel itself has a good location to eateries and shopping. The entrance is weird, people with disabilities have to go all the way around to the back of the hotel to get in due to the weird entrance with a mid-landing between an up-and-down staircase, kind of like a quad-level home. Ample parking around the hotel. Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast, the breakfast room is very well maintained. Hallways feel tired, but it may be just their choice of décor. My bed (room 208) was hard as a rock, probably the firmest hotel mattress I've ever slept on. This is a bonus for me since I like firm mattresses, but some people may hate it. Fitness center is blah, no multi-function machine. The 3 cardio machines in there are in very good condition, but it would be good to have a weight machine as well. Staff was wonderful, from check-in to breakfast attendant to early morning checkout. Noise level was non-existent, no road noise, no TV noise from other rooms, no hallway noise - very nice!
"BED BUG"
10/13/15 Heather C Seville, Ohio
I have stayed here twice before and the only things I found wrong were the cleanliness of the rooms. They have a LOT of dust and various trash behind the TV stand, and the musty smell in the one hallway. I was once put on the 4th floor without knowledge that there were smoking rooms on that floor. This time when I arrived in my room I lifted the corner of the bedsheet as I always do and found a few "dirty" marks on the mattress. It wasn't until I placed the sheets/comforter back in place that I saw something crawling on the top of the bed. I quickly grabbed a klenexx and picked it up and it bled. I placed it in a cup and inspected it and sure enough it was a bed bug, a full grown one and had appeared to have fed off the person in that room the night before. I told the front desk and ended up checking out knowing I would never be able to sleep that night. When I called the next day to make sure the manager was notified she stated that they found no others in that room and had called to have it inspected and treated. I actually find it hard to believe that no others were found.