All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1190 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Kids loved the pool. Terrific accomodations"
The hotel was fantastic and the kids cannot wait to go back. We weren't even down the road when they asked to go back again. They were asking to stay for the pool instead of going to the beach. Food in lobby if people have not had a chance to eat. Breakfast was top notch.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Jennifer D
"Smokey and horrible"
I did have some good things to say about the hotel. I had booked it very last minute, it was the only hotel I could find available at a reasonable rate near to where I had to be. The beds were very comfy - and the contintental breakfast was adequate. What I didn't like are things that I can't overlook; however. The hotel was having some renovations done outside, which made parking very difficult. I was booked on a "non-smoking" floor - however the room REEKED of smoke. As a non-smoker w/asthma I was very concerned about the smoking vs non-smoking room thing - and obviously rightfully so - it seemed they must just move around the floors that are smoking or non-smoking! I was very disappointed, and would not recommend this hotel to anyone because of this! In addition, there was some hair in the shower, and the rugs felt a little moist under my feet - I made sure me and my kids kept shoes on at all times.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"last minute trip worked out well"
This hotel was an overall great experience for us. The only negative we have to say is the continental breakfast. It was basic but really good if you like plain or blueberry waffles. The eggs need to be changed to scrambled rather than round patties. Our room was very clean, the tub was larger than most hotel showers with a ledge to put your foot on. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning worked great. staff were very helpful with food suggestions. We had no issues at all. It is within 10 minutes of wallis sands state park and centrally located for Hampton, York, Kittery or Wells. very close to downtown Portsmouth.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Dawn
"1 star hotel"
Just a bad place
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Kiril
"New England nationals"
Renovations put parking at a premium, we arrived late to find no parking spaces available. Took some doing to get the car parked.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
John L
"comfy beds"
room had comfy beds, but tv is very slow to come on and change channels and I spoke to the desk about it. They all do it since they got all new TV's. A lot of contruction next to hotel so congested trying to get in and out of it right now, and parking was limited due to a lot of contruction guys staying at the hotel. overall it is a ok stay but will be better when everything is done.The front desk people very nice
3 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
matt p
Smoking room was pretty tough to handle. I asked for help with taxi and I was asked to reference the blue binder. My blue binder did not have any information for taxi's.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Impeccable Customer Service"
Although this wasn't a 4 Star hotel, the customer service sure was. I had a great stay and the employees were very attentive and polite. They answered any question I had with a smile. What really stands out for me is even after I checked out and made it back home and noticed I was missing a pair of shoes, I called the hotel and the front desk representative Delores was more than eager to assist me. She had someone search my room, they found my shoes and advised they will have them shipped to me. I called on Friday and spoke with Julie and she took my information and now my shoes will be shipped to me. The breakfast was amazing, my room was clean, and the staff really goes over and beyond to make sure you will have an enjoyable stay. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the NH area. Great job to all who work at the Comfort Inn Portsmouth!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Convenient, clean, easy to get to."
Very enjoyable. Great amenities.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Very Nice! Would stay again."
We stayed for a week. The room was very comfortable. The people (front desk, continental breakfast, house keeping) were excellent. Not being familiar with area, the front desk people very specific when giving directions. Toward the end of our stay the air conditioner went out, the staff was very quick to respond, and VERY helpful in moving us to another room on the same floor. Having an indoor pool was fantastic after a long day.
8 night trip Jun 1, 2013
Denise
"Poor overall experience"
Overall a terrible experience. We were placed in a smoking room, even though this was not what we booked. The staff members were exceptionally unfriendly and unhelpful. The room was in poor condition, including burn marks in the furniture and an uncomfortable mattress. Parking was also difficult. Through interactions and observations during check-out and breakfast, other guests seemed very happy with their stay. So it is possible that this may have been an isolated experience.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Staff was great both at check in and check out. Breakfast was good for continental style. We would stay here again.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"We were here for UNH graduation."
Clean, comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was just what we needed before leaving for home early in the morning and was set up before the stated 6am serving time. Extra hot tub adult only hour from 10pm-11pm was nice, too.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"convenient location and comfortable"
Convenient, Comfortable, and close to our destination.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Convenient and close to everything."
The staff and service was wonderful. Morning breakfast had a good selection and assortment of healthy fruits,yogurts, cereals, prepared eggs, sausage, waffles and also good coffee. I enjoyed that.The room itself was very nice al in all, very good.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Great Value"
Pleasantly surprised. Great value for the price - the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was pleasant. I would definitely stay at a Comfort Inn again.
Other trip May 20, 2013
The front desk personnel were top notch. They had several helpful suggestions and their direction were exact. They were well trained. The cleanliness of the hotel was great. Thanks to all involved!
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
"great stay"
Hotel was great. We stayed there because hotel was near Airfield. Front desk very helpful with finding restaurants close by. Thank you for great service.
2 night trip Dec 29, 2012
The fridge was disgusting the linens were icky the bathroom tho was the cleanist part which was a plus
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2012
"Smoker-friendly hotel"
Friendly staff, clean rooms, great price, older hotel that has a smoking room floor. The tearing down of an old restaurant next door has left the parking lot looking weedy and sad but otherwise, this is a great, basic hotel about 1.5 miles from downtown Portsmouth by car.
1 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2012
"Great, solid place to stay - clean!"
Very, very friendly staff who keep the hotel very clean. The beds were super comfy and the breakfast is standard for this price range, but it was enough. Great place to stop for shopping. I recommend it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
"Convenient location, but slow housecleaning"
We were in town two nights for a wedding. The location for our purpose was perfect and no too far from downtown Portsmouth. On the second day of our stay we went sightseeing before coming back to the room to prepare for the evening wedding. When we returned after lunch, our room had not been cleaned. The chambermaid said she had two early arrivals to prepare before she could get to our room. TOO LATE!! We had to use soiled towels to get ready and it was truly disappointing to spend so much money and not be satisfied. Even when I mentioned the problem at the front desk, we got a perfunctory, "Sorry" and nothing more. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
"A great place to stay"
I had a good stay, the hotel was very clean and well kept I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The hotel location is a great location easy to find and accessible to everything.
Business trip Oct 6, 2012
JLH
"Just needed a place to lay our heads for the night"
Short but sweet
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012
"Great room for fair price"
Staff very nice. Room clean and quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2012
"close to all my favorite shopping spots"
staff was excellent as usual
2 night trip Sep 9, 2012
jerrys home improvement
"Last Minute"
Reserved sight-unseen based on internet mapping only. Found the surrounding area overgrown and looking a little blighted, but found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, and the staff helpful and friendly, which was a relief. Beds very comfy, sheets soft, amenities well-stocked. (coffee, soaps, towels and cloths). The carpet was a little worn, decor dated and overall room appearance nothing special, but expected for a Comfort Inn. Bathroom door tight to the toilet...couldn't close it without repositioning yourself behind it first. Shower head to low for my 6 foot tall husband. No real complaints though. Morning breakfast was complete...cook-your-own waffles, toast, premade eggs, sausages, cereals, juices and yogurts...a nice savings from having to go out to eat.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2012
Lauren
"Great hotel for the family"
When looking for a hotel in the Portsmouth area, I wanted to find one that offered free breakfast and had a pool. The breakfast was great and there was plenty to choose from. My 2 children really enjoyed the pool. The price was very reasonable and the location was great.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
"Convenient for a Water Country visit"
The hotel was very comfortable and clean. The deluxe continental breakfast was impressive. Two minutes from Water Country and five from downtown Portsmouth. Good location. The lack of outdoor curb appeal for the hotel was worrisome but the inside was comfortable and had nice decor. The pillow top mattresses are super comfortable as well as the pillows.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2012
Christine
"Business trip"
Was out there on business so was only in the room for a little bit but it was nice and comfy
Other trip Jul 20, 2012
"Passing through"
Stayed one night on our way to meet family in Maine. Hotel is close to the highway and easy to find. Pool is open for adults until 11:00 PM. We had some noise (people makeing a rucus) outside our room around 3 AM that was quickly handeled by the hotel staff after calling the front desk. A decent hotel for a one night stay.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2012
S.A.M.
"Great hotel for a family"
Stayed one night. Beds very comfortable, good parking, easy to find. Breakfast adequate.
Other trip Jun 26, 2012
Very friendly staff, clean & comfortable room, affordable with the extra amennities of a continental breakfast, extra pillows and towels, coffee, refrigerator & micro-wave. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2012
"Comfortable stay at the Comfort Inn Portsmouth"
The Comfort Inn Portsmouth may not have the best surrounding outlook but it makes up for that within. The staff are exceptional - went out their way to make us feel welcome and helped out with restaurants etc. I did not have breakfast but my husband was pleased with it - hot and cold dishes. Room was very appealing and bed was very comfortable. Room & bathroom were clean and fresh. Wifi worked well. The hotel was quiet and peaceful - we did not hear our neighbors at all. There is a McDonalds a couple of mins walk + two other restaurants five mins walk. I would recommend this hotel to all and would def stay again. Thank you Comfort Inn, Portsmouth - your hotel is a gem that should not be missed!
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2012
"Good location for seeing the sights in this area."
The single queen-sized room was clean with a spacious layout and the continental breakfast was adequate; however, the view of the surrounding neighborhood from the hotel was not very attractive. Overall, not a bad value for a good location for seeing the sites in this area.
4 night trip Jun 7, 2012
"Night before UNH college graduation at Comfort Inn"
we stayed overnight for the UNH graduation and thought it was perfect!
Other trip May 20, 2012
cindy

"Great for business or quick stay."
This was probably the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in and I use them nationwide on a consistent basis. Despite having several soccer teams in town and being next to the elevator, I didn't hear a thing at night. The front desk was also extremely polite and helpful. The only downside is the weird TVs: take forever to change channels.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Quite hotel"
Very friendly staff. Clean room. Look like recently renovated. Nice breakfast.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
A bit of updating - particularly the carpets
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
"Good for short stays"
Been there for a week. The first three days were ok but as the days went by, the conditions had deteriorate. A/C went out, had issues with the shower, etc...
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Dre
"Very friendly hotel staff"
We had originally booked 2 nights but found it very central to where we wanted to go so booked 2 more nights. The staff couldn't do enough to help - they were so pleasant and friendly. The first day they printed out loads of instructions to different places we wanted to travel to.The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We had free breakfast (which was various foods) and the pool was large for a hotel pool. We would definitely return if we wanted a base in the area to catch up on all the things we didn't have time to do. Thank you staff of Comfort Inn, Portsmouth
Other trip May 23, 2014
Cassie
"Awesome Bed!!"
The beds in the room were hands down the most comfortable I've ever slept in while travelling.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Cheap and clean
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Perfect for outlet shopping"
It was the most convenient accomodation, a bit cheaper than the other places. The services were there and the staff was very kind. We had a deluxe continental breakfast. we asked for a quiet room and had one on the top floor so it was very quiet. The weaknesses were the humidity smell in the bathroom and the dust on the floor. However, the room service was very good.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
M
"Very good"
The hotel was clean, the bed is a little too soft and the smile of the staff is five star. The only thing was the parking area in reconstruction because of the new Rite Aid building. We did not use the pool but we saw it and it's clean.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Andre
"Excellent value for money"
Excellent value for money, breakfast much better than most motels . The room was spacious with 2 queen sized very comfortable beds. It was good to have a sensible sized fridge plus a coffee maker and a microwave .The check in staff were excellent and recommended an excellent restaurant for,dinner . We were also able to check in 3 hours early which we found very convenient as we had been travelling for a few hours and needed to relax.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
Christine
Shopping was the main purpose of our trip. It was close to the shops of Kittery and other local shopping areas of Portsmouth. The staff were very friendly and helpful with maps and directions. The breakfast was very good and the room was very comfortable and clean.
3 night trip Aug 15, 2012
"Clean hotel and friendly staff"
Although the hotel is a bit old, the rooms are very clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. We did use the included continental breakfast only once (we stayed 3 nights) and it was not so bad. We would go back there anytime. The hotel was a bit far from the beach we wanted to go to but the drive was easy and not so bad. We had restaurants within 5 - 10 minutes drive, there was a Walmart close to the hotel and a Market Basket right beside (very good sandwiches for lunches).
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2012

"hôtel bien situer"
personnel très sympathiques et accueillants petits déjeuner simple mais copieux chambre spacieux ,bien équipés avec salle de bain avec baignoire très agréable piscine et spa très agréable et a cotes salle de sport tout a disposition très bien
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
muriel
FR
"Gode forhold og fin service"
God service og gode faciliteter.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014