All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
1190 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Perfectly acceptable one night stay"
The hotel is not beautiful or in a nice area but the beds were very clean and comfortable and that is all we wanted. The buffet breakfast was not good at all but it was there for the taking. Fine experience
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Susie
"Very comfortable. Good experience."
Very clean hotel. Very nice and accommodating staff. Great continental breakfast. Near shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Fran
Very clean, comfy beds, extra towels and pillows! Would stay there again!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Valerie
"Nice Place To Stay"
The hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The hotel was very clean although some features were a bit dated. The elevator smelled as if the cables were smoking so I opted to use the stairs for my stay - others seemed to use the elevator without concern. I loved that the rooms had both a fridge and a microwave - very convenient. The continental breakfast had eggs, sausage and make your own waffles as some of the selections! I was very pleasantly surprised by this. It wasn't fancy but it was just right. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"met our needs"
Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Agree with some other reviews that it is in need of some interior updating. Very short stay they met our needs for a one night stay.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Short drive from middle of Portsmouth."
The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very nice. The only issue was a TV that didn't work right.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
The hotel was recently built, you would think the tub would drain. Nope! We took a bath while showering. We complained to the front desk, and they offered a business card and perhaps a discount on a future stay. Not what I was looking for! this is a one star at best!
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Nothing fancy, but fine for a couple nights"
Room was very clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Amelia
Bed was very comfortable! Close drive to shopping and restaurants
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Very Good
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Wrigley
"Recommended"
Place was very clean; staff were nice; close enough to everything; breakfast was good.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Michele
"Nice hotel near water country."
Went to water country for the day. Daughter was tired and cranky. The hotel was very close and comfortable. Check in was very easy and people were very helpful as to a place where we could get something to eat. Their directions were right on and very helpful. They also provided map that took us right where we wanted to go. Was a very nice experience!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Stayed for one night on the way to the water park."
Our room had a king sized bed, a couch, a refrigerator and microwave. The room was spotless and quiet. We enjoyed the pool and the spa. The complementary breakfast had many food options including a make your own waffle station. All of the staff were welcoming and friendly.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
melissa
"Mid Week Getaway"
My wife and I visited the Portsmouth area for our 3rd anniversary and it was great. They need to have a shuttle to downtown though like the Hampton Inn in town. Nice place though, cool pool and hot tub.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"High Quality Experience"
The hotel was clean, updated and had great amenities. Wonderful breakfast, great pool area with changing rooms, shower and bathroom. The area was under construction, which I had read in earlier reviews, but the parking issues previously mentioned have been resolved and noise was not an issue. I highly recommend it. Only thing I will note is that the staff, although professional, never smiled.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Erin
"Kids loved the pool. Terrific accomodations"
The hotel was fantastic and the kids cannot wait to go back. We weren't even down the road when they asked to go back again. They were asking to stay for the pool instead of going to the beach. Food in lobby if people have not had a chance to eat. Breakfast was top notch.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Jennifer D
"Smokey and horrible"
I did have some good things to say about the hotel. I had booked it very last minute, it was the only hotel I could find available at a reasonable rate near to where I had to be. The beds were very comfy - and the contintental breakfast was adequate. What I didn't like are things that I can't overlook; however. The hotel was having some renovations done outside, which made parking very difficult. I was booked on a "non-smoking" floor - however the room REEKED of smoke. As a non-smoker w/asthma I was very concerned about the smoking vs non-smoking room thing - and obviously rightfully so - it seemed they must just move around the floors that are smoking or non-smoking! I was very disappointed, and would not recommend this hotel to anyone because of this! In addition, there was some hair in the shower, and the rugs felt a little moist under my feet - I made sure me and my kids kept shoes on at all times.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"last minute trip worked out well"
This hotel was an overall great experience for us. The only negative we have to say is the continental breakfast. It was basic but really good if you like plain or blueberry waffles. The eggs need to be changed to scrambled rather than round patties. Our room was very clean, the tub was larger than most hotel showers with a ledge to put your foot on. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning worked great. staff were very helpful with food suggestions. We had no issues at all. It is within 10 minutes of wallis sands state park and centrally located for Hampton, York, Kittery or Wells. very close to downtown Portsmouth.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Dawn
"1 star hotel"
Just a bad place
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Kiril
"New England nationals"
Renovations put parking at a premium, we arrived late to find no parking spaces available. Took some doing to get the car parked.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
John L
"comfy beds"
room had comfy beds, but tv is very slow to come on and change channels and I spoke to the desk about it. They all do it since they got all new TV's. A lot of contruction next to hotel so congested trying to get in and out of it right now, and parking was limited due to a lot of contruction guys staying at the hotel. overall it is a ok stay but will be better when everything is done.The front desk people very nice
3 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
matt p
Smoking room was pretty tough to handle. I asked for help with taxi and I was asked to reference the blue binder. My blue binder did not have any information for taxi's.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Impeccable Customer Service"
Although this wasn't a 4 Star hotel, the customer service sure was. I had a great stay and the employees were very attentive and polite. They answered any question I had with a smile. What really stands out for me is even after I checked out and made it back home and noticed I was missing a pair of shoes, I called the hotel and the front desk representative Delores was more than eager to assist me. She had someone search my room, they found my shoes and advised they will have them shipped to me. I called on Friday and spoke with Julie and she took my information and now my shoes will be shipped to me. The breakfast was amazing, my room was clean, and the staff really goes over and beyond to make sure you will have an enjoyable stay. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the NH area. Great job to all who work at the Comfort Inn Portsmouth!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Convenient, clean, easy to get to."
Very enjoyable. Great amenities.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Very Nice! Would stay again."
We stayed for a week. The room was very comfortable. The people (front desk, continental breakfast, house keeping) were excellent. Not being familiar with area, the front desk people very specific when giving directions. Toward the end of our stay the air conditioner went out, the staff was very quick to respond, and VERY helpful in moving us to another room on the same floor. Having an indoor pool was fantastic after a long day.
8 night trip Jun 1, 2013
Denise
"Poor overall experience"
Overall a terrible experience. We were placed in a smoking room, even though this was not what we booked. The staff members were exceptionally unfriendly and unhelpful. The room was in poor condition, including burn marks in the furniture and an uncomfortable mattress. Parking was also difficult. Through interactions and observations during check-out and breakfast, other guests seemed very happy with their stay. So it is possible that this may have been an isolated experience.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Staff was great both at check in and check out. Breakfast was good for continental style. We would stay here again.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"We were here for UNH graduation."
Clean, comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was just what we needed before leaving for home early in the morning and was set up before the stated 6am serving time. Extra hot tub adult only hour from 10pm-11pm was nice, too.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"convenient location and comfortable"
Convenient, Comfortable, and close to our destination.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Convenient and close to everything."
The staff and service was wonderful. Morning breakfast had a good selection and assortment of healthy fruits,yogurts, cereals, prepared eggs, sausage, waffles and also good coffee. I enjoyed that.The room itself was very nice al in all, very good.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Great Value"
Pleasantly surprised. Great value for the price - the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was pleasant. I would definitely stay at a Comfort Inn again.
Other trip May 20, 2013
The front desk personnel were top notch. They had several helpful suggestions and their direction were exact. They were well trained. The cleanliness of the hotel was great. Thanks to all involved!
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
"great stay"
Hotel was great. We stayed there because hotel was near Airfield. Front desk very helpful with finding restaurants close by. Thank you for great service.
2 night trip Dec 29, 2012
The fridge was disgusting the linens were icky the bathroom tho was the cleanist part which was a plus
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2012
"Smoker-friendly hotel"
Friendly staff, clean rooms, great price, older hotel that has a smoking room floor. The tearing down of an old restaurant next door has left the parking lot looking weedy and sad but otherwise, this is a great, basic hotel about 1.5 miles from downtown Portsmouth by car.
1 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2012
"Great, solid place to stay - clean!"
Very, very friendly staff who keep the hotel very clean. The beds were super comfy and the breakfast is standard for this price range, but it was enough. Great place to stop for shopping. I recommend it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
"Convenient location, but slow housecleaning"
We were in town two nights for a wedding. The location for our purpose was perfect and no too far from downtown Portsmouth. On the second day of our stay we went sightseeing before coming back to the room to prepare for the evening wedding. When we returned after lunch, our room had not been cleaned. The chambermaid said she had two early arrivals to prepare before she could get to our room. TOO LATE!! We had to use soiled towels to get ready and it was truly disappointing to spend so much money and not be satisfied. Even when I mentioned the problem at the front desk, we got a perfunctory, "Sorry" and nothing more. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
"A great place to stay"
I had a good stay, the hotel was very clean and well kept I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The hotel location is a great location easy to find and accessible to everything.
Business trip Oct 6, 2012
JLH
"Just needed a place to lay our heads for the night"
Short but sweet
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012
"Great room for fair price"
Staff very nice. Room clean and quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2012
"close to all my favorite shopping spots"
staff was excellent as usual
2 night trip Sep 9, 2012
jerrys home improvement

"great hotel"
very helpful and friendly check in staff,lovely clean big room,nice pool on site and close to supermarket and restaurants and 10 mins from town. Breakfast hot and cold and good selection,would definitely stay again
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
derek
"Great for business or quick stay."
This was probably the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in and I use them nationwide on a consistent basis. Despite having several soccer teams in town and being next to the elevator, I didn't hear a thing at night. The front desk was also extremely polite and helpful. The only downside is the weird TVs: take forever to change channels.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Quite hotel"
Very friendly staff. Clean room. Look like recently renovated. Nice breakfast.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
A bit of updating - particularly the carpets
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
"Good for short stays"
Been there for a week. The first three days were ok but as the days went by, the conditions had deteriorate. A/C went out, had issues with the shower, etc...
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Dre
"Very friendly hotel staff"
We had originally booked 2 nights but found it very central to where we wanted to go so booked 2 more nights. The staff couldn't do enough to help - they were so pleasant and friendly. The first day they printed out loads of instructions to different places we wanted to travel to.The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We had free breakfast (which was various foods) and the pool was large for a hotel pool. We would definitely return if we wanted a base in the area to catch up on all the things we didn't have time to do. Thank you staff of Comfort Inn, Portsmouth
Other trip May 23, 2014
Cassie
"Awesome Bed!!"
The beds in the room were hands down the most comfortable I've ever slept in while travelling.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Cheap and clean
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Perfect for outlet shopping"
It was the most convenient accomodation, a bit cheaper than the other places. The services were there and the staff was very kind. We had a deluxe continental breakfast. we asked for a quiet room and had one on the top floor so it was very quiet. The weaknesses were the humidity smell in the bathroom and the dust on the floor. However, the room service was very good.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013