All hotels in Edgartown, Massachusetts, United States of America
23 Kelly Street, Martha's Vineyard, Edgartown, MA, 02539, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Poor vibe
"Disappointing at best"
Next time, I'll try a B&B rather than this hotel. (Although it calls itself a "House," it's a big hotel.) I was one of only a few guests during midweek in the off-season. Room was unbearably hot, even though I turned the fan for the heater off; there is no thermostat for each room, unlike other hotels. I had to open wide both windows just to be comfortable enough to sleep. I asked if the heat might be turned down a couple of degrees and was told no. Wifi was out, said they "needed another server," which I found suspicious since this should have been a matter of a router or ISP, not a server issue. Cell reception was basically non-existent unless I stepped out of the hotel. It's nice to have coffee and muffins in the morning, but really, don't let the coffee sit all day and then tell me it's "hot and fresh" when I return in the afternoon, as it obviously was neither. Thankfully, I was on the island and stayed here just two nights. Positives: The young female night clerk who checked me in was very helpful and knowledgable about the area. And the attached restaurant/bar ("The Newes") has very good, reasonably priced food and drinks.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Great stay. Room was a little hot.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
Tedd
"Relaxing"
Get away for Halloween had great weather fun
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Leo
"The best place in Edgartown"
Edgartown is the best place in MV. For my family, Edgartown was much better than Vineyard Heaven and Oak Bluffs. It has beautiful beach, wonderful restaurants and light house. Kelley house locates center of the Edgartown. Everything in the town was very close. It has old building with wood floor and wall, but well renovated. A little bit noisy, but very comfortable and beautiful. The best charming of the Kelley house was its staffs. They were very kind and nice. My mom lost her cell phone in the room, and they kindly found it and sent to us via overnight FEDEX. They packed it with nice protection and notes. I've never had such a quick and kind response from any hotels, when I lost something in the hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Seok
"Three-star hotel wanting to be five-star"
The rooms are large and generous. Generally clean with comfortable beds. Bathrooms are old and in dire need of updating. Location is excellent. However, this is where the positives end. Our room was on the ground floor. Not only do you pick up all the traffic from the street and the floors above but the staff walks around and slams the exit doors all hours of the day and NIGHT. Stay away from the end of the hotel where the delivery trucks come. They come at 5:00 am to deliver linens and the staff is extremely loud and obnoxious bringing them in, banging on walls and doors without any respect for the guests. This is not a bred and breakfast, inn type place. We were mistakenly led to believe this. Its a large hotel with lots of rooms and minimal service. Really rude staff.
2 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
Agnes
"Edgartown"
Had a great stay! Great place. Great location.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Jonathan
"Everything is great... except its dated."
I stayed one night before my airbnb house was available. The Kelley house's location can not be beat! Its on the harbor, and everything you want in Edgartown is there. The absolute best in terms of location. While it was a comfortable and clean hotel that offered cookies in the afternoon, had pleasant staff, etc., it is very dated. The room was straight out of my grandma's house circa 1980's. If they put some money into renovations and really spruced the place up I'd probably stay there the entire time I was on the island working... and I come in often.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
wendy
"Milk and cookies."
The Kelley house was fabulous! Really enjoyed the milk and cookies at night. Edgartown was a little bit slow for our taste. Quaint little town with shopping, but not a lot of nightlife.
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Deborah
"Kelley House"
Very Nice! Close to everything. Snacks put out at various times during the day. Contrary to website, not a B&B. Fair amount of noise from nearby rooms.
2 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2015
"This is THE place"
Kelley House far exceeded my expectations. Its cleanliness, comfortable beds, spacious rooms and helpful staff were a delight. Edgartown bustles during the day, shuts around 9 pm, and we got to see it all happen -- quietly. Windows open, which is a huge plus. Morning muffins, afternoon popovers and chocolate chip cookies and milk in the evening were just added benefits. Kudos to Kelley House.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
Great location. Rooms need a slight upgrade. Staff appear clueless at times when asked simple questions
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2015
"End of Summer Getaway"
Great location in heart of Edgartown. Enjoyed the outdoor bar & pool. We all loved the warm homemade cookies set out early each evening.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Loved it ! My family goes every year !!
5 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
We had a great stay @ Kelly House. Perfect location & the staff was so friendly & helpful.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
elizabeth
Rained all day but loved our island experience. The gingerbread houses are a must see.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
MAC
"Decent, great location"
The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Bed was comfy. The morning coffee in the lobby was very good. My main complaint about the room is the bathroom. There was mildew all around the wall paper molding. I was in town on business, so I really didn't have time to take advantage of many of the activities they offer.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
"Prime location!!!"
We arrived on our boat for the weekend and although we could've slept on the boat we rented a room for the weekend. the location was perfect. We were able to enjoy both our boat and the luxury of a well equipt room. We would definitely stay here again. We may even let the kids come next time ;)
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"If you like historic, this place is great!"
This hotel is definitely old, but the staff was great and the fresh baked goods in the lobby were a big hit with the kids. Pool was nice and it was in a great location. Convenient to everywhere. I would definitely recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Pamela
"Quaint hotel in a great location"
This hotel was in the heart of Edgartown so definitely able to walk to many local locations. Though the building is old, mgt did all they could to dress it up and give it an updated look without stripped away the charm of it. However on the downside, inside the room, the carpets were dirty with stains from some previous event and also the air system in the bathroom was not working. We were a family of five, it is definitely not the appropriate size for 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 pre-teen and a younger child. There simply was not enough room to place a fold away bed so our teen sleep on a chair. Luckily we did not spend any time their except to sleep so the smallness of the room was not a major dis appointment.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
daniel
"Great location in town"
Friendly courteous staff. Greta location, Nice pool and Wave Bar was fun.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Jackie
"Loudest and most inconsiderate guests"
The Hotel room was extremely noisy. In the room upstairs, there was constant running for over 2 hours. Things were slammed upstairs and by the other guests slammed the doors of their rooms instead of closing them quietly. The floor in the room above was squeaky which could be heard in our room. The stairs was above the bathroom and part of the room and you could heard people going up the stairs all day and most of the night.In the room next door there were two guys screaming at each other until midnight.The next morning when we spoke to the supervisor about our problem she told us that the Hotel was full and we could change to another room. We should compensated for this horrible experience.
3 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
Manuel G.
"Great location, but really old and dingy rooms."
Hotel was in a perfect location. Best part was the pool. Rooms were pretty gross. Dirty sheets and towels and a bathroom that was old and falling apart.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
rachel
"Quaint B&B in central location"
Friendly, helpful staff. Best location for stay in Vineyard. Hard to rate as compared to luxury resorts but very family friendly B&B in convenient spot!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Convenient local"
Loved how spacious our room was & the location was fantastic. Morning muffins was s nice touch. Front desk staff was very helpful. Maybe a bit of an update of the carpets would help.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
touring NE
"Hotel in the center of Edgartown"
The property is lovely, but it was not inexpensive to stay here. Have stayed here before. However, this time, the television was not working on all of the major networks for two of our three nights. In addition, the air conditioner system on the property was not working for a day. When calling about these situations, little was done immediately and the woman manager was quite snippy. I don't know if I would stay here again when there are other lovely places on the island.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Expensive!! Desk mistakenly gave keys to our room to some other guest which made for a very awkward situation. Nice to have "complementary" treats 3 times per day. Good location. Very old. Pool was not operational.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
glenn r
Extremely friendly staff. Room was a bit chilly due to rainy weather, but other than that everything was wonderful!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Central location"
Second time in this hotel. Charming older structure. Great service. Friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Bathroom door not closing easily.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
vo
"Awesome location"
Love the staff ... very friendly and helpful. I always try to stay in this hotel when I visit MV.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice place in edgardtown"
Nice historic hotel in downtown edgardtown. We were 3 days there and had a great time. Nice place to relax after a day exploring the island. Room was clean and confortable. Staff was corteous. Nice small pool area. Location was great. Parking available. They provided delicious muffings in the morning and coockies in the evening!
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
AR
"Great Getaway"
Very nice hotel. Historic with much charm yet very comfortable in a great location!
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Kenneth
"Excellent place to stay."
Very nice location and great historical site, modern and comfortable.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Lovely hotel. Close to shopping and great restaurants.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel's staff was extremely helpful and the location was perfect for shopping and restaurants! The muffins for breakfast, popovers with berry butter for midday snack and cookies and milk for a nightly snack were all yummy! We will definitely stay here again and recommend the Kelley House to our family and friends!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Virginia Travel
"Perfect 20th Anniversary"
What an incredible place to stay! Scenery, history, great food, shopping, boating; all within walking distance. Our room was great with a beautiful view. Joanna and all of the staff were amazingly courteous and helpful. And be careful, the muffins and cookies are addictive. Would choose the Kelly House again in a heartbeat.
3 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"Chilly on the Vineyard"
The Kelley House is an average hotel. Average cleanliness, service, and amenities. The location is great. You can walk to most restaurants, shopping, and attractions in Edgartown. During our stay, June 2015), the weather was chilly and somewhat cold in the evenings. The only heat we noticed in the hotel was from the fireplace in the lobby. Unfortunately, that did not heat our room. There was a thermostat in our room (heat only), but it was not operational. It got chilly in the evening and we're from PA. We questioned the staff and discovered that the heat was not turned on. The hotel ran out of regular in-room coffee during our stay and only had decaf. In summary, we got a good price on our room that helped offset some of the inconveniences. Room heat and in-room coffee are essentials in even low price hotels. They should be a given at Kelley House.
5 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Great location. Could use more upgrades."
Overall I was pleased with the Kelley House, but there were a couple of less than ideal factors. Room was good, but people hung out just outside my window every night and played handball, and so the noise was not great. Also, I could hear every step that the person above me took. Better carpets would help there. There was construction going on, so hanging out quietly in the lobby to relax was not an option. Most of the staff were nice. Housekeeping staff were exceptionally nice. Front desk staff were a mixed bunch.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
NKNJ
"This House is Truly a Home"
The personnel at the Kelley House truly made me feel that I was with Family and Friends. They were not put out if they had to spend time finding information for me. Actually, they were the ones that suggested several places to eat, etc. and made my stay so much more enjoyable.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Joanne
"Kelley house on Martha Vineyard"
The Kelley house is an older hotel type. No elevator or fitness center. It does have an outside pool and bar and bicycles for rent. It is located in an idyllic location in the center of Edgartown close to restaurants and shops. The personnel at the Kelley house were extremely pleasant and helpful with all requests. We had a problem with the air conditioner and plumbing the first night and both issues were dealt with immediately. The grounds were well taken care of and the free coffee and muffins in the morning were delightful. We loved everything and enjoyed our stay. There is also a pub attached to the property. We would definitely stay here again!
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
celeste
"Perfection Edgartown"
Wow. I mean, wow. Like really, wow. It was just like... wow. You know? WOW. Like that. But just... wow.
Other trip May 31, 2015
J-Bone
"Nice Hotel that was centrally located..."
Staff are very nice and friendly. It's central location and the KH bicycles were a nice touch too...
Other trip May 28, 2015
sandra
"Great stay in Edgartown"
Front desk incredibly helpful and engaging-gave great suggestions for sight-seeing in the area. Milk, cookies and fire in the main lobby was the perfect end to our day! Bathroom in room was a bit outdated but overall the room was beautiful, comfortable and serene.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great location. Nice hotel."
Stayed for three nights. Very spacious and clean room, however it's a bit outdated. Comfortable beds and pillows. Our room was on ground floor and we slept with our window open so we could hear the street noise but it wasn't a big issue. Yummy muffins each morning and cookies and milk at night was a nice treat. Perfect location right in town. Front desk staff was so friendly and helpful! I'd stay there again without doubt!
3 night family trip May 13, 2015
Suzanne
"no a/c and the heat would not shutoff"
disappointed--- billed as oldest hotel in america-------------based on the room I could have been in any hotel----not what it is described as
Other trip May 18, 2015
jack
"Guest house with charme"
Omer stayed at the Kelly Guesthouse for a night but wished we could have stayed longer. Very good price for the comfort, big rooms, excellent service and tea and coffee in the morning as well as freshly baked cookies at night made our stay perfect.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Wonderful historic hotel at the center of town."
Great location. Comfortable rooms. Great service. Elegant historic building. Walk to everything you need. We had a great time. This was our first trip to the island and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Martha' Vineyard getaway"
this charming historical hotel was a great place to stay on Martha's Vineyard. Are one criticism was that the rooms could use some fresh paint and the faucet dripped. Wonderful desk staff.
4 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Great location, needs some work!"
The location and attached pub were perfect. We arrived early, around 1:30 and were told they would try to have a room early but could not guarantee until 4. I left my phone number so they could contact me when it was ready. At 3:15 I had not heard back, and since we were in the area, I stopped in. Again, I was told the room would be ready by 4 at the latest, but would call me. At 4:30 I called them and my room was "just about finished". Poor communication and lack of timely check-in. I woke up in the middle of the night and the room was so, so hot. We had no control over the temperature even when lowering the thermostat to 58-60. Heat was still coming out of the heater. Windows open, and still no relief. The room was quite dated but clean.
Other trip May 3, 2015
JW
"Convenient location"
The hotel is lovely and conveniently located in Edgartown. Our suite had many amenities, though we wished it had warmer water in the shower.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Less than Impressed"
We were right by the door to the outside and it was constantly being slammed all throughout the right. The walls were paper thin so I could people talking in the other room. The ceilings were cracked. The guy at the front desk had no clue which restaurants were open for the season.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015