All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
5819 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23455, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.8
    2.8
    2.5
"Real nice hotel close to the beach"
really enjoy my stay walking distance to the restaurants15 minutes to the beach i will stay again
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Glo
"Place is a dump."
This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at. The rooms stink to start with and they are damp and have mold growing on the wallk. It does not have high speed internet. It never would connect and when I called the front desk about it all they would say is "It's working fine down here."
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Donny
"Spacious room but facility lacks upgrades.. TV dvd"
Uncomplicated and quiet. I was sunburnt and didn't really care.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Extremely Expensive for a Cheap Hotel"
The hotel had everything it needed like soap, towels, and bed sheets but the overall condition of the building was less than favorable for how much it cost (would post the rate but it says I can't). The paint was chipping and the bath tub looked like someone peed in it and it permanently stained it. The "neighbors" accross from me apparently lived in the hotel which is fine but they acted really trashy and dirty. The quality of service was eh. The front desk woman was a bit rude and the manager wasn't any better. My main concern is the price they charge for the hotel. I know it is in Virginia Beach but honestly the price was ridiculous but i guess a hotel can charge that much when most of the other hotels are fully booked. I would NOT reccommend anyone to stay here longer than OVERNIGHT.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"You get what you pay for and less"
The clientele were a bit scary and I was not sure if I should even check in. However, the front desk reception was very friendly so I bit the bullet so to speak and remained. I was tired after a very long drive. The room was clean so I closed the curtain and did not go out the rest of the evening. The tv remote did not work but I figured out how to use the television. I was not going to call for maintenance. Then, I could not turn off the tv so it remained on all night. I was concerned for my car so I checked thru the curtain twice. I slept with the bathroom lights on as well. Could not get on my computer and was afraid that it was exposed to outside unsecured sites. This place was the last time I will ever stay in an econolodge.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
harriet
"Very disappointing"
As soon as we walked in the room looked nasty. The carpet was nasty, the bathroom door look as though it might fall off. When we walked in the room had a real bad smell. The A/C didn't work right. Our room key didn't work right away. Very disappointed with the stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Enjoyment and excellent porfessional service"
I had a very great stay and the staff was real professional and saw that all our needs were met. Thanks a billion......
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
woods
"Econo Lodge"
This hotel was discusting. Only good thing was the steakhouse next to it. The bathroom wasn't clean and the ceiling was unfinished. You just feel gross being there.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2013
"Older unit in need of upgrades."
We were disappointed by the quality of the unit and service. One shining spot was that there WAS an elevator as we were on the third floor. Very noisy from the street and guests! Bed was NEVER changed nor request for additional styrofoam cups granted, even though we took the written request and tip that had been left in the room down to the office. We were assured it would be done, but that never happened.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Served it's purpose"
I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again but it served its purpose of a place to sleep after long days at the beach or concerts. It was clean and conveniently located. Lots of places to eat within walking distance too.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
stephany
"I won't be back"
After driving 12 hrs to hotel, I was asked if I wanted the first or second floor. I said 1st. The room I walked in they should've be ashamed to put me in. Old décor, the dresser drawer fronts were falling off, old TV, refrigerator smelled bad and was dirty. I went back to front desk, and they moved me to a 2nd floor room. This room was much nicer and newly remodeled. Bed was comfortable, décor nicer except for the old Tube 19" TV that had a terrible picture and if you touched the TV or moved a dresser drawer the tv picture would disappear. The ptac ac unit made a irritating noise, barely kept the room cool. The safe didn't work, which the maintenance man got working after 45 min. the day I got there. The Hotel was 15 minute away from the beach which was so inconvenient . Nothing to see or do not unless you go to the beach front. Then Saturday morning the 6th of July I went to check out around 6:10 am and get breakfast before I left back home and the front lobby was closed, and no AM breakfast. I was so mad, I went to waffle house next door and paid for a meal. So disappointed !!
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Kurt
"Nasty!"
Horrible rooms and service. Rooms were dirty and the staff was not helpful
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
The staff was great! Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice with a dorm sized mini fridge (bigger than I expected) he sound proofing sucks but otherwise I was a good place.
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2013
"worst"
This was one of the worst hotels ive been in.....there was trash around outside of the hotel people living in the hotel rooms in the morning the people cleaning other rooms were loud an very noisy I DO NOT suggest geting a room at this hotel room door was hard to open and shut the bathroom door wouldnt shut at all the remodel was terible an access panel fell off the wall
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
brad
The service no god
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
napoleon
"close to interstates and shopping"
not the cleanest place in the world and it looked as though a few of the guests lived there..Everyone was nice though and its not a bad place to sleep if you just need a place to rest.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2013
TMI
"Very Unsafe Motel"
Checked in overnight to catch a flight the next morning. The staff was friendly but upon pulling in to the motel, it was obvious the place was seedy. A lot of riff raff hanging around, probably renting the rooms monthly. I would not have let my wife and daughter stay with me there. There are better options (cheaper and closer ) to Norfolk Airport. The room was surprisingly roomy and clean but I'll never stay here again on the count of safety.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Pretty good place to stay for a night"
I really liked the overall stay at the hotel. One problem is that our room had this weird smell and the toilet got clogged in the middle of the night. Those are the only complaints. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. There are bunch of other choices around. My family stayed at a different hotel by the beach. Econolodge was much better than theirs. But we were about 12 minutes from the beach. So for the price you have to make sacrifices.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
brzgw
"Never Again!"
Our tub was poorly cleaned, the tv was old and dusty, there were people outside all hours of the night, and the comtinental breakfast sucked. We also were lied to about how long it took to get to the beach, was told 15-20 minutes and it actually was almost 30. To put the icing on the cake our half working toilet clogged and nearly flooded. We called the front desk asking for immediate assistance TWICE. Almost an hour had went by and still nobody came. By that time it was time to check out, thank God.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
"Excellent staff but unconfortable bed and elevator"
staff were helpful, the breakfast was not that great. everything sweet. nothing savory. we missed out on waffled seemed to be offered on weekends only. Elevator access was difficult to operate since the door was very hard to open. Staff made up for the hotel short comings. This place has alot of food near by, very close to strategic high ways, and about 10-20 minutes from Virginia beach. Internet was sketchy and didnt connect most of the time. Laundry was on site and was helpful to have. Good ice machines.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Sadaf
"Don't even think about going there"
The wifi wasn't even working when I got there. The beds weren't comfy. The breakfast wasn't that bad. The beach is 15 minutes away from the hotel (you have to drive there)
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Sleep Only"
Ok hotel if you only plan to sleep, bathe, change your clothing and have an agenda planed for the time of your stay
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Yunni
"An horrible experience"
To whom it may concern, I'm writing to you because I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Econo Lodge. The hotel was under construction it was brown paper around the windows, the television was old and I couldn't use the remote control, the tub had mold on the strainer so therefore I couldn't take a shower because I didn't want to get no diseases on my feet. I didn't speak on this situation at the time of my stay, Because I so desperately needed a place to stay. I have pictures on my phone to show you these conditions if you are interested in seeing them.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"NITE PARTY"
A few shady looking characters hanging around the hotel. Loud music w/alot of bass. The party next door didnt end til 2 to 3 am. No phone in our room. My cell wasnt working properly at the time. My mum was nervous about me even leaving our room when the sun went down just to walk to the office to alert them of the late nite (party kicked off around 1130p, midnite) disturbance or even knocking on their door to ask them to keep it down. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. The room was newly renovated which was nice. Coming to hotel no problem but leaving hotel big problem. Traffic is horrible! Then you are trying to cross three lanes to do a U-turn which happened once. The other times we had to go a few blocks to a traffic light to head the other direction.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Care
"Fishinglikecrazy"
Hotel was fine except the toilet barely worked and you had to let the shower run for almost 15 minutes before you could get hot water.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
fishman
The hotel was having some remodeling done to the rooms, and the room was clean but there was clothing and hotel towels proping doors open for entry into hotel. Remodeling supplies laying around and litter. The continental breakfast consisted of bananas, apples,frosted flakes, fruit loops, day old donuts and bread.There was no juice in the dispensor and guests had to ask for milk. The dining area was not very clean.. not a family friendly hotel
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
"DISGUSTING!"
This hotel was nasty! We will never stay there again and defintely do not recommend it. It's run down and dirty. The sheets and lines were dingy and old. There was a leftover envelope on the table from the previous guest, which means they didn't clean the room well. The front desk person was completely out of it. She was watching someones dog and the dog kept jumping all over me and she didn't do anything about it. She checked us into a room that was already occupied. The elevator did not work. There were miscellaneous tv's and microwaves in the hallways. There were unoccupied rooms with the doors wide open.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Nejra
"Very Disappointed - I wouldn't stay here again"
The bathroom sink and tub area was very dingy. The shower faucet was also hanging out the wall. There was a dirty stain on top of the tv that the housekeeper didn't clean. I did and it came off right away. It was a nonsmoking room, but the under blankets on both of the beds had a large cigarette hole in them and it smelled of cigarettes. The outside of the hotel is run down. I tried to call the hotel to ask them for batteries for the romote since they stopped working and no one picked up the phone for hours. (You couldn't change the channels from the tv either so we were outta luck). My impression was they didn't have a night shift around 6am. Also, there is a security door to get to the second floor. It says you need your key to enter it. Well, the door was always left open so it was very unsecure. Lastly, the breakfrast option was very scarce. Not a lot to eat at all. I would never recommed this place.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
Sonya
"The Worse Stay Ever"
The continental breakfast was terrible with few selections. The hotel rooms are out dated with dingy looking blankets, the tv was chipped. The staff said I got what I paid for. I personally thought I received an on-line discount.
Business trip Nov 19, 2012
Erica
"convenient area"
close to several restaurants and stores, friendly staff
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2012
"Family Wedding"
The room lacked a clock and you didnt have breakfast options. Good thing your surrounded by resturants. They had alot of people who lived there. The staff was courtesy and went out their way to help us. Other than that will definintly stay again
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
M. Davis
"Fine for a short stay"
I was in town for a few nights and needed a place to stay. This place was one of the few reasonably priced places still available on short notice that was relatively close to the beach. I arrived earlier than check-in and they were going to see if the room was available, but could not get a hold of another staff member and I ended up waiting there for about 15 minutes before deciding to explore a bit and come back later. The staff was very slow and the place wasn't very clean. I am usually not too picky about hotels, but was definitely not impressed with the service.
2 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2012
Maria

"On the beaten path"
On the beaten path
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Richard, We thank you for your feedback. To be one of the best and to give the best quality customer experience is what we aim for. We would like to make all our customers happy and satisfied. With that being said, we will do our very best to improve not only in our customer service and facilities but also in our system as well. We hope to render quality service to customers like you. Your comments and feedback will help us be motivated to continue on improving ourselves and our establishment so we can make our vision and goals a reality. We are happy to serve you. Thank you very much and we're looking forward of giving you and all our guests a happy and quality service you deserve.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Pleased"
It was a wonderful stay
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Dear Guest, We are truly happy that we have met your approval on the services you received from our hotel. Trust that we will make certain you will continue to enjoy consistent quality and value hotel experience every time you visit us. Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
1 night trip Aug 24, 2015
maxwell
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
1 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Kenyi, We thank you for the opportunity to serve you here at our hotel. I am glad that we have met your satisfaction. trust that we will do our best to make your next another pleasant experience We look forward to another pleasure of welcoming you again at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Kenyi
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Scott, I am very pleased that your stay at our hotel was a good experience as per rating you posted for our hotel. I am pleased to have your business, we hope to see you again.
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2015
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your time in posting your rating about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy upon receiving your positive feedback score on the services we provided you. Trust your satisfaction will remain our goal and we hope to serve you again soon. Thank you for your business.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2015
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Karl, We appreciate your time in posting your rating for our hotel following your stay with us. Our guests’ satisfaction will remain our utmost goal and will always motivate our team to stay on top of our priority the best way we can. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Karl
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Maryory, Thanks for your staying at our hotel. My sincere apologies that we failed to meet your satisfaction. Your feedback will be out motivation to strive more to meet your standards on your next visit. Thank you for your business.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015