All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
5819 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23455, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.9
    2.8
    2.5
The service no god
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
napoleon
"close to interstates and shopping"
not the cleanest place in the world and it looked as though a few of the guests lived there..Everyone was nice though and its not a bad place to sleep if you just need a place to rest.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2013
TMI
"Very Unsafe Motel"
Checked in overnight to catch a flight the next morning. The staff was friendly but upon pulling in to the motel, it was obvious the place was seedy. A lot of riff raff hanging around, probably renting the rooms monthly. I would not have let my wife and daughter stay with me there. There are better options (cheaper and closer ) to Norfolk Airport. The room was surprisingly roomy and clean but I'll never stay here again on the count of safety.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Pretty good place to stay for a night"
I really liked the overall stay at the hotel. One problem is that our room had this weird smell and the toilet got clogged in the middle of the night. Those are the only complaints. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. There are bunch of other choices around. My family stayed at a different hotel by the beach. Econolodge was much better than theirs. But we were about 12 minutes from the beach. So for the price you have to make sacrifices.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
brzgw
"Never Again!"
Our tub was poorly cleaned, the tv was old and dusty, there were people outside all hours of the night, and the comtinental breakfast sucked. We also were lied to about how long it took to get to the beach, was told 15-20 minutes and it actually was almost 30. To put the icing on the cake our half working toilet clogged and nearly flooded. We called the front desk asking for immediate assistance TWICE. Almost an hour had went by and still nobody came. By that time it was time to check out, thank God.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
"Excellent staff but unconfortable bed and elevator"
staff were helpful, the breakfast was not that great. everything sweet. nothing savory. we missed out on waffled seemed to be offered on weekends only. Elevator access was difficult to operate since the door was very hard to open. Staff made up for the hotel short comings. This place has alot of food near by, very close to strategic high ways, and about 10-20 minutes from Virginia beach. Internet was sketchy and didnt connect most of the time. Laundry was on site and was helpful to have. Good ice machines.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Sadaf
"Don't even think about going there"
The wifi wasn't even working when I got there. The beds weren't comfy. The breakfast wasn't that bad. The beach is 15 minutes away from the hotel (you have to drive there)
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Sleep Only"
Ok hotel if you only plan to sleep, bathe, change your clothing and have an agenda planed for the time of your stay
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Yunni
"An horrible experience"
To whom it may concern, I'm writing to you because I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Econo Lodge. The hotel was under construction it was brown paper around the windows, the television was old and I couldn't use the remote control, the tub had mold on the strainer so therefore I couldn't take a shower because I didn't want to get no diseases on my feet. I didn't speak on this situation at the time of my stay, Because I so desperately needed a place to stay. I have pictures on my phone to show you these conditions if you are interested in seeing them.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"NITE PARTY"
A few shady looking characters hanging around the hotel. Loud music w/alot of bass. The party next door didnt end til 2 to 3 am. No phone in our room. My cell wasnt working properly at the time. My mum was nervous about me even leaving our room when the sun went down just to walk to the office to alert them of the late nite (party kicked off around 1130p, midnite) disturbance or even knocking on their door to ask them to keep it down. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. The room was newly renovated which was nice. Coming to hotel no problem but leaving hotel big problem. Traffic is horrible! Then you are trying to cross three lanes to do a U-turn which happened once. The other times we had to go a few blocks to a traffic light to head the other direction.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Care
"Fishinglikecrazy"
Hotel was fine except the toilet barely worked and you had to let the shower run for almost 15 minutes before you could get hot water.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
fishman
The hotel was having some remodeling done to the rooms, and the room was clean but there was clothing and hotel towels proping doors open for entry into hotel. Remodeling supplies laying around and litter. The continental breakfast consisted of bananas, apples,frosted flakes, fruit loops, day old donuts and bread.There was no juice in the dispensor and guests had to ask for milk. The dining area was not very clean.. not a family friendly hotel
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
"DISGUSTING!"
This hotel was nasty! We will never stay there again and defintely do not recommend it. It's run down and dirty. The sheets and lines were dingy and old. There was a leftover envelope on the table from the previous guest, which means they didn't clean the room well. The front desk person was completely out of it. She was watching someones dog and the dog kept jumping all over me and she didn't do anything about it. She checked us into a room that was already occupied. The elevator did not work. There were miscellaneous tv's and microwaves in the hallways. There were unoccupied rooms with the doors wide open.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Nejra
"Very Disappointed - I wouldn't stay here again"
The bathroom sink and tub area was very dingy. The shower faucet was also hanging out the wall. There was a dirty stain on top of the tv that the housekeeper didn't clean. I did and it came off right away. It was a nonsmoking room, but the under blankets on both of the beds had a large cigarette hole in them and it smelled of cigarettes. The outside of the hotel is run down. I tried to call the hotel to ask them for batteries for the romote since they stopped working and no one picked up the phone for hours. (You couldn't change the channels from the tv either so we were outta luck). My impression was they didn't have a night shift around 6am. Also, there is a security door to get to the second floor. It says you need your key to enter it. Well, the door was always left open so it was very unsecure. Lastly, the breakfrast option was very scarce. Not a lot to eat at all. I would never recommed this place.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
Sonya
"The Worse Stay Ever"
The continental breakfast was terrible with few selections. The hotel rooms are out dated with dingy looking blankets, the tv was chipped. The staff said I got what I paid for. I personally thought I received an on-line discount.
Business trip Nov 19, 2012
Erica
"convenient area"
close to several restaurants and stores, friendly staff
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2012
"Family Wedding"
The room lacked a clock and you didnt have breakfast options. Good thing your surrounded by resturants. They had alot of people who lived there. The staff was courtesy and went out their way to help us. Other than that will definintly stay again
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
M. Davis
"Fine for a short stay"
I was in town for a few nights and needed a place to stay. This place was one of the few reasonably priced places still available on short notice that was relatively close to the beach. I arrived earlier than check-in and they were going to see if the room was available, but could not get a hold of another staff member and I ended up waiting there for about 15 minutes before deciding to explore a bit and come back later. The staff was very slow and the place wasn't very clean. I am usually not too picky about hotels, but was definitely not impressed with the service.
2 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2012
Maria
The room was very dirty and had a very bad smell. I can see the.employees try to maintain the cleanliness but....
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We arrived early but they had our room ready already. The hotel was in the middle of everything so we had our pick of restaurants where we could eat. They agreed to let us print out our boarding passes so we wouldn't have to wait until we got to the airport. The shuttle driver agreed to take us to the airport twice and even got up early so we could get there on time. The staff were very personable and I couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Thanks for a great trip.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2012
"not the best -won't stay again"
first of all - the staff was excellent! The hotel itself is in need of HELP! The people that live there weekly just hang out - sitting in front of their door just 'begging' folks for cigarettes, food, etc. the place just wasn't what I am used too, not even with the cheap price. The beds are awful - old and worn out. the bathroom was TINY. Water pressure was bad. From now on we will spend the extra money for something decent. Again, the staff was very nice and friendly - but as a whole the hotel was awful. we even started to just leave after the first night - instead we just stayed out later and only spent about 5 hours in the room the second night and we headed home! Even at this rate, we overpaid.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2012
sherry
"it was okay"
it was a bit outdated, but worked for what i needed, and inexpensive, so... im not dissatisfied, just would improve the tv's and furniture, a bit out dated.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
Ray
"Okay"
Staff is friendly , but the hotel is definately a two star hotel.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
"Not good!"
I was not pleased. There was s residential side with office chairs and miniaturegrills outside. The rooms are dated, the TV is old- not a flat screen. The towels were thin and hard, and we slept in our clothes.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2012
Disappointed Customer
"Close to Airport"
The room was clean and the personell were very friendly, but the hotel is showing its age and could use a paint job. The complimentary breakfast is very appreciated but was minimal.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2012
"Clean and unexpensive"
I totally agree with the service was , form check in to check out.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2012
"I would use your chain again anytime."
After my experience with the Howard Johnson , I was more than satisfied with my stay in your hotel.I would recomend you to all of my family and friends.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2012
Juanita
Not bad for the price paid.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2012
Outside of the wonderful customer service, the hotel was not inhabiting for me and my family. I paid for a inexpensive room and I vowed I would not ever do it again.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2012
mia
"worst Hotel i Ever visited"
eed some Updates fast. everyhing dirty weird smells
1 night trip Jul 24, 2012
SB
"miles and miles from the beach, border of norfolk"
The continental breakfast was the worse food I ever tasted, but it was right off the interstate, very easy to find. Beds were fairly comfortable, and room was clean.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2012
ashley
"TERRIBLE COMFORT"
This was the worst Virginia Beach trip of my life. My friends and I were under the impression that this was one of the best hotels in the area and it sucked.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"Wasn't as bad as I thought"
For the price I paid, it wasn't as bad as the other reviews made it out to be. It was clean and comfortable, but I was there to be at the beach most of the day and I pretty much only used the room to sleep. Not bad.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2012
"Not a good place to stay"
This place was very disappointing. I would not recommend this place to any one and will definitely not stay there again.
Other trip Jul 12, 2012
"Manager was bad"
just the manager was trying to be over rude, rest of the staff was a little better.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2012
dd
"Over pricing and predatory charges"
Will never go back for the ff: lockbox not working,no hot water in shower,faucets coming off the wall in tub, bottom faucet not working;outlet by vanity not working,smoking room is called a non-smoking room with sign on the door,toilet seat loose - i almost fell off,carpet very sticky. The worst part was all the rooms have empty refirigerators and micorowaves which we did not ask for but was charged $10.00 each as incidentals.- they asked for our credit card on check-in and was automatically charged without our consent. There was nothing to buy as the refirgerators were empty. EconoLodge room rates for the reasons I enumerated are highly overpriced. When told that I will file a complaint the manager unwillingly credited us for a cot that was never used.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2012
C.A.

"On the beaten path"
On the beaten path
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Richard, We thank you for your feedback. To be one of the best and to give the best quality customer experience is what we aim for. We would like to make all our customers happy and satisfied. With that being said, we will do our very best to improve not only in our customer service and facilities but also in our system as well. We hope to render quality service to customers like you. Your comments and feedback will help us be motivated to continue on improving ourselves and our establishment so we can make our vision and goals a reality. We are happy to serve you. Thank you very much and we're looking forward of giving you and all our guests a happy and quality service you deserve.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Pleased"
It was a wonderful stay
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Dear Guest, We are truly happy that we have met your approval on the services you received from our hotel. Trust that we will make certain you will continue to enjoy consistent quality and value hotel experience every time you visit us. Thank you for your business.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Kenyi
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Scott, I am very pleased that your stay at our hotel was a good experience as per rating you posted for our hotel. I am pleased to have your business, we hope to see you again.
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2015
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your time in posting your rating about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy upon receiving your positive feedback score on the services we provided you. Trust your satisfaction will remain our goal and we hope to serve you again soon. Thank you for your business.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2015
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Karl, We appreciate your time in posting your rating for our hotel following your stay with us. Our guests’ satisfaction will remain our utmost goal and will always motivate our team to stay on top of our priority the best way we can. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Karl
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hello Maryory, Thanks for your staying at our hotel. My sincere apologies that we failed to meet your satisfaction. Your feedback will be out motivation to strive more to meet your standards on your next visit. Thank you for your business.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015