All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
1700 South Ocean Lane, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Great amenities
    Great pool
    Clean
    Good internet service
    Food is all right
"great getaway"
Great vacation Poolside bar was less than expected : bad attitude and should be addressed Dining was great but poolside people need to change
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Great for all ages"
Pool great. Great food. Great staff. Great rooms great facilities.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
su
"Nice and friendly but....."
We booked this for a family of 4 with the expectations of having an ocean view room but our view was of the neighboring buildings pool which you could barely see through the trees. Our room was rather dated and seemed to be put together with left-over furnishings but perhaps the room was due to our booking it on expedia and 4 months in advance. The pools and ocean access our wonderful but if you want to visit shops on a trip, it is a little out of the way. If you want quiet and relaxation it is perfect. The food was decent and a little pricey but the mixed drinks were the worst. They are pre-mixed and expensive. Small cups as well. The best part of this place is how friendly and helpful the entire staff was. We never came across anybody in a sour mood. Upon our departure the concierge asked if we would need transportation to the airport. I said a taxi but was told that the "hotel would take us". That ride was a private company that charged me $28 to take us less than 6 miles. The cab ride upon arrival 4 days earlier was only $16. To me that isnt the "hotel taking us". Overall we made due and enjoyed ourselves. The hiccups we experienced we dealt with but the hotel should be more forthcoming with information. One other thing, beach chairs and umbrellas arent free but the old blue and white chairs are and they work just as good.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Read this
My family and I had a wonderful time. It was a quiet nice vacation. The beach area is well groomed and beautiful.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great Place"
Perfect place for me. Will return very soon. perfect place for quiet vacation.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
chuck
"Excellent small hotel on beach"
The suite was just terrific. It was right in the beach. Walk out the sliders to beach. Staff and facilities can not be beat. Food was delicious at pool bar and the inside dining. I would suggest to anyone whether it be for one night or many more.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Gordon
"Great Vacation,Great Hotel"
Great place for families and anybody who wants to relax and be pampered
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Vacation"
We have a wonderful time
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Lago Mar, Paradise in fort Lauderdale"
We stayed 5 nights with 2 children (18 months old and 4 year old) in 1 bedroom pool view suite on the 2nd floor. The room was ready when we checked in 2 hours before the check in time. Crib for the baby was provided immediately. The view from the room was amazing, we also had a view of the ocean to the left. This room worked for us perfectly because when not out the kids had fun watching the people swimming in the pool. The private beach was beautiful and well maintained. The hotel is kids friendly and there's a lot of entertainment for big and small children (playground with slides and swings, volleyball courts, tennis courts, miniature golf, shuffle boards, ping pong table) all under the shades of the beautiful palm trees on the hotel grounds with beautiful view towards the beach. There are a lot of dinning choices on site but a little pricey, but you are given a kitchenette in the suite so you have an option to do your own cooking, what we did for breakfast and lunches. The maid was washing the dishes in the morning. The service was good, with a little reminders and calls to the front desk you can have everything you need. We found good places for dining outside the hotel: Anthony's Charcoal pizza, Panaretto and 15th street Fisheries. The glass sliding door completely isolates the noises from the pool. We didn't hear noises in the bedroom from rolling service carts or suite cases on the open tailed hallway. The only entrance to the bathroom was through the bedroom.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
TandJplusTow
"Enjoyable Anniversary"
The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a relax time and I will be back again
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Loved it!"
Great hotel, nice rooms, great food, one of the best parts is being able to walk to the beach.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Best honeymoon ever! Perfect place!! Going back!"
We wanted something nice but didnt busy our wallet. We wanted location too! This resort is tucked away on a private beach. Perfect for adults and the kids too! The rooms have kitchenettes so I recommend you get a few groceries, maybe snacks or alcohol. It is a resort, so food and alcohol can get pricey! We plan on going back for our anniversary! Take the water taxi, you'llove it. Love lago mar! I can see why Johnny Carson vacationed there, stunning! You won't be disappointed...
Other trip May 31, 2015
Cammie
"Perfect for a family getaway"
We stayed here for a mini family vacation. We have two small children and it was the perfect place for our family. The location is great - only 17 minutes from the airport and there's a grocery store on the way there to buy a few essentials, as our room had a kitchenette. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The property is well kept and clean. Our room was very clean and spacious, worked well for our family dynamic. The hotel is small enough that it doesn't take very long to walk to the pool/beach/ocean/restaurants. Gave it a sense of intimacy. The lazy river pool was great for our children. Convenient bar and restaurant right by the pool. Beautiful private beach, great playground for the kids, plenty of shaded options to get out of the sun. Beach was clean and had cabanas for rent or chairs to sit in. This was a great trip - would highly recommend Lago Mar. We will definitely return.
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
laura
"Great Resort on the water"
Always a very relaxing stay, staff was very helpful
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Very Nice and Family friendly Beach Resort"
Friendly professional staff. Resort is well maintained and very Family friendly. One of the room had smoking smell from some stupid prior customer. This was quickly fixed by running a machine for about an hour. The resort was full due to long weekend and they couldn't provide another room.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
Secluded beach area! Everything is at arms reach! I would recommend this place for sure!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Johnny
"first time visit"
will return if the good Lord is willing! Beautiful place to relax
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Great hotel on the beach"
Exceptional service, facility and value. A great place to stay since its quiet and located in a residential area but close to restaurants, shopping, etc. so you get the besy of both worlds. I highly reccomend staying at Lago Mar.
Other trip May 21, 2015
John A.
"Excellent hotel!"
Nice pool areas and gorgeous private beach. Bar/restaurant by the pool is reasonably priced and great food. There are hammocks heading out to the beach, tennis courts, shuffle board courts, and a huge chess board. The rooms are a mix of older styles and re-modeled areas. nice and quiet. balconies are great. staff is friendly, courteous and very attentive. Hotel is a little on the pricey side but is well worth it. The guests were a nice mix of older people and families. Not a party hotel. Exactly what I was looking for.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Girls Weekend - Mothers Day 2015"
We treated ourselves for some much needed rest and relaxation for 4 working moms! We were not disappointed! The private beach is beautiful, the two heated pools, spa and restaurant provide for a careless visit! This is where you can go to really relax! You do not need to leave the resort for anything, its all there, soup to nuts! Largo Mar is one of my favorite places and I hope to be back again very soon!
Other trip May 12, 2015
LP
"The Best"
Nicest hotel I have ever been and right on the most beautiful sandy beach and clear blue ocean. Very classy and a tropical paradise everywhere you look with pools, gardens and so many stands of Palm trees. Room was more like a high end apartment and the service and food throughout the place was excellent. No parking or resort fees makes it reasonable. We can't wait to come back! Thanks Lago Mar
Other trip May 10, 2015
E
"Five Star!"
Five Star!! It reminds me of quaint Palm Beach Hotel. Every employee went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Bret
"Excellency"
If you are looking for a place where each guest is treated special, then look no further- this is the place. You are smiled at, questions answered with a smile and with the right answers, and rooms and all facilities in excellent condition. The food at the pool was delicious! We ate dinner in the restaurant that night and found the prices to be expensive. So don't plan to eat there each day if you are budgeting your money. But very nice for a special night.
Other trip May 6, 2015
cynthia
"great stay again"
great stay, 1bedroom suite. staff remembers us and that we are return guests, as this was our 3rd stay. got to enjoy 2 pool days in the sun before the rains/clouds came. Tons of kids there though, figured it was after easter break and would be quieter. Free wifi was great, gave us something to do when the rains hit. Mini fridge allowed us to stock up on water and fruit/snacks. Room was cleaned by 12pm 4/5 days and by 3 on the last day. things to improve, definitely widen the parking spaces so people will stop taking up 2 at a time. (including me) make sure you vacuum the pool more often since folks use it as a rinse from the beach especially on the steps. more chairs by the pool, sometimes easier to sit on a chair then lounge. slightly firmer mattress would help. and a sidebench to make it easier to sit and dress
Other trip May 2, 2015
Shari
"Great facilities and location."
Had a wonderful stay. The facilities were wonderful for families. Food was good and better than expected. Overall great experience and will come back if I'm the area. Could use some newer beds and bath tubs. Kitchen was well equipped and laundry a plus.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Perfect family break!"
This hotel had everything we needed: a huge, private beach, two pools, and some different choices in restaurants all on site. Our room, a junior suite, was very spacious, and had a separate area for our daughter to sleep. There was also a kitchenette in the room and a TV in each bedroom space (and a nice balcony overlooking one of the pools). Perfect for our four night vacation; my daughter even learned to swim in their pool!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
A, M, and A
"Perfect location and a quiet resort, excellent!"
Me and my wife loved the resort, any couple visiting Fort Lauderdale must check it out .. the suite is huge!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Mohamed
"Beautiful hotel with its own beach!"
This was our second stay at Lago Mar in two years. We love this place it's clean the rooms are comfortable & most have balconies. Also it's child friendly & they have delicious food & several restaurants to choose from. We are looking forward to our next stay!!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Lee
"Excellent Family Getaway"
We were looking for a full service resort that was family friendly, provided all the amenities, and had a quick transfer from the airport. Lago Mar fit in every aspect. The resort is a 15 minute drive from FLL Airport and offers just about everything you need for a quick, relaxing getaway. With two pools, mini-golf, a playground and private beach, it was ideal for our family. The staff is courteous and very attentive. My wife very much enjoyed her spa appointment and said it was one of the nicer ones she has been to. We will be going back for certain!
5 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Beautiful and restful hotel right on the beach."
We have stayed here before and have decided that we will always stay a day before and after each of our cruises out of Everglades Port.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Nice Hotel, bad weekend to stay there!"
I stayed at this hotel for the Tortuga Music Festival 2015 for three nights. The hotel was nice but I paid top dollar for the room because of the weekend. I have to say that it was loud but that was due to the weekend again with a lot of young people sharing rooms. Was disappointed with room service. That is they never showed up with the food. I was told the following night that they were not prepared for the amount of service orders. I got back quick the second night and got room service pretty quick. Overall it was okay but for the money spent nearly $350 a night it was not worth it. Was not pool or ocean view either.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Stephen
"don't waste your money"
I was away with my wife for a quite weekend alone (no children). In all fairness before I booked the hotel I called and asked about the amenities, location, time of year, etc. I was told that this was a quite romantic boutique hotel with a very quite seculed beach. I booked and found that yes the location is great but that's about where great stops! On arrival, no one helped us to our room of even show us how to get there, I asked the concierge for car service, I was told that they don't offer any but cabs where available (od being there was a van sitting outside) we called for room service at night and was told they ran out of food, ordered breakfast and everyday the order was incorrect and the food was cold, our room wasnt made but yet they placed our old breakfast plates at our entry at night, etc.etc etc. Oh, and let me not forget that this quite romantic boutique hotel had more unattended kids than universal studios, there were even kids at the bar! Yes that's right that tiki/beach bar was packed full! It took a half hour on line (which consisted of two people with me being one of the two) to get beach towels which was perfectly matched with the half hour it took to get a cocktail.If your looking for a day care hotel with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE than this is it! But if your looking for a quite romantic getaway with to notch service... Look elsewhere. PS. The gentlemen who handles the beach amenities deserves a raise as he was the only polite person we met.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Christopher
"Exceeded expectations"
Great hotel for couples and families with children. This hotel borders on 5 bars for me based on the spacious room, bedding, bathroom amenities, the fast and friendly valet service, the blissful outdoor pools and beach, and the bar. I gave it 4 bars because the lobby smells musty and the elevators are slow. Will return for a longer stay.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Pat
"Recommend, but note cigarette smoke smell issue"
Logo Mar is a great location for a relaxing getaway. Very old style, county club, "members only" property. Highly recommend. Only disappointment was the room had a cigarette smoke-smell. Called the front desk to complain, and was told that all their rooms were smoke-free, but that guests could smoke on the balcony, and that may be the reason for the smell in the room. When I looked, there was a old dirty, plastic ashtray out on the balcony's table. Unacceptable to me, but not much that could be done as the hotel was full with nothing else available. My advise, before you unpack, take a smell test on your assigned room and have them move you if it is a problem.
7 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Family Friend. Crowd Pleaser"
relaxed by the pool, played tennis, enjoyed all of the ammenities for kids and family (chess board, shuffle board, lagoon pool, soda shop, etc). it was so relaxing we forgot what day it was.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Kathleen
Super resort for families with children...great pool and beach access.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Weekend Trip from the cold north"
Great location on the beach, tropical setting, full amenities, friendly staff, awesome beds and bedding, deluxe suite a real treat, soda fountain and clothes shop a bonus. Cannot think of a negative! Will be back.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Almost paradise"
Private beach makes you feel like you are in the Caribbean. However, for the price of the rooms and knowing we are at a private beach, you should not get nickel and dimed for a beach chair and umbrella.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Carrie
"Easy, Breezy, Beautiful....Lago Mar!"
We have been staying @ the Lago Mar for over 30 years! Wouldn't stay anywhere else!
11 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Janis
"Nice beach pools very nice"
resort is very nice lots of families. Beach beautiful. Food terrible Drinks very expensive and they like to skim on liquor. The beach waitress did make it right. Bar guy had an attitude.
avid traveler
"Fabulous!"
Hotel was fabulous! Beach great, pools, fabulous! Soda shop food great! Loved location easy to get other sights from! Would go stay there in a heart beat!
Jodie
Very enjoyable. Family friendly. Breakfast was a bit pricey.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Spring Break at Lago Mar"
This resort is great for families. We were there during one of the traditional Spring Break weeks and were outside the 'crazy' zone which was perfect for our family and larger group. The beach is great and the pool is nice. The restaurant food was good and we enjoyed ping pong and beach volleyball. Hotel staff is fantastic top to bottom from the bellman to front desk to maid service to the pool staff!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"A relaxing but expensive vacationing spot"
We have never vacationed to a beach or a resort and, while we found this one relaxing and enjoyable, our biggest activity was lying on the beach and playing in the ocean, which was the highlight of our stay; no other activities on site appealed to us and our teens. Our first food experience at the Ocean Grill was less than impressive, though the Acquario (excellent, especially the bread and our service), room service and Soda Shop were much better though extremely expensive, not to mention having to tip for EVERYTHING. We started to claim some beach chairs that weren't locked up, only to be pounced on by employee to get our money to rent them. No, thank you; I'd rather lay on the sand for free and it was more comfortable! Also, it seemed staff abandoned the effort to keep beach towels available late in the day, so there were times when we didn't get out there until late in the afternoon that none were. The staff was nice and friendly but usually only if you were nice and friendly first; otherwise they were professional to the point of seeming cold and stand offish. We loved that there were two bathrooms, but the vents didn't work and the water was usually really hot, steaming up the place, and the beds weren't all that comfortable (I was sore every a.m.) and the comforters were thick along the edges and thin through the middle (I.E.: old). I guess we expected a little more "luxury," especially for the money, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Breathtaking"
Last minute trip and a wonderful place to stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Food was excellent Great view and not overcrowded at the beach Wonderful time. Most definitely would go back
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
amy
"Great family hotel"
Great location on beach. Good amenities. Felt comfortable and relaxed with young family - everyone loved swimming in the shallow pool. Service OK but not great.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Excellent hotel on a private beach"
There aren't enough great things to say about the Lago Mar Resort. Our family spent 3 nights at this wonderful resort and didn't want to leave. The staff, amenities, and room were top notch. We stayed in an executive suite that was very large (600+ square feet) with two beds. The pools were amazing, as were the hammocks, ping pong table, miniature golf, etc. I would high recommend this resort to families in search of a secluded resort on a private beach. The resort was close to a lot of nearby shopping and restaurants, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Fort Lauderdale. We will definitely return when we head back to south Florida.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great Resort"
Spent a couple of days there with my family and I must say that we have a great time. The resort staff was amazing and friendly. We didn't want for anything. The rooms were spacious and clean
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Beautiful Facilities right on the beach."
Great time, great food, great staff! The most relaxing vacation we have ever been on. The rooms are wonderful. Everyday it was great to go to the beach and watch the cruise ships going out. The resort is down the beach from all the Spring Break kids, very quiet and more family atmosphere. The staff was fanamable!! One of the waitress, Valeria did not even wait on us but came over to greet us and gave us all kinds of great suggestions on were to go and eat out, super customer service!! Will definitely go back!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Great stay."
Great for couples, families. Oasis for Ft Laud area!!
2 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015