All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
1355 N 4th Street, San Jose, CA, 95112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"There are better options near the San Jose airport"
This is an old property that appears to have been somewhat refurbished. But the rooms are smaller than what is now standard. For example the bathroom counter around the sink was minuscule. There is no elevator in the property and we had to lug our luggage up the stairs, and the staff did not offer to help. The neighborhood around the hotel is also rather run down. I am surprised that Wyndham has its name on this property
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Greg
"San Jose convention visit!"
Just a ordinary hotel. Great coffee in the lounge! Closeness to the light rail does make it convenient to get to San Jose convention center!
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Aashish
"Close to the light rail system."
We went to the Sharks Game, road the light rail there and back. The location, and the room were delightful.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Ok.....Motel"
More negatives over positives. This is not a hotel, more like a motel. It definitely needs remodeling. Our room was clean but I did notice a bit of mold in the bathroom due to the fact that there is no exhaust fan. The overall building condition is a 5 out of 10. The staff was just ok, they could use a workshop on customer service. They claim to have a "club" but it's just a bar lounge which we were hoping to go late at night around 11 for some drinks but we were told they close at 10. The location of the hotel is not the greatest, we saw a few homeless people around the block. I should have stayed at the sheraton about a mile away. Don't be fooled by the pics of the hotel, the pool and spa tub are nice but that's about it.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
J.B
"Outside Door Access!!!!! Not Good."
I was disappointed. The hotel had outside access. This is what I stay away from, being a single female. Also, my room was on the second floor.....so when I asked where the elevator was I was told there was not elevator. I had to walk my bags up two flights of stairs OUTSIDE. This is a safety hazard for anyone in my mind.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"bad"
Never
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
FELIX
"Poor location - deteriorating neighborhood"
Staff was nice - bed was terrible - door locks ancient - direct flight path noise.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Comfortable enough; close to airport"
Comfortable enough room. Rooms are dark especially when you walk in. Slightly noisy with street car line and planes. Valet to airport inconsistent. Driver told me just to come 10 minutes before I wanted to leave. When I arrived, I missed the shuttle by 4 minutes and the next would be in 26 minutes, too late for me. The front desk said they leave every 30 minutes and that I needed to make a reservation in advance through the front desk. News to me. The man who came down a few seconds after me had heard the same message as I had and was in the same predicament. The van driver who told us was the head of the van drivers. It all turned out OK for us and we make it to the airport, but the policy needs to be clarified.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Not bad overall"
One night stay. Not luxurious but it was clean throughout. Shuttle runs to the airport all night is a nice feature and it gets you there on time. It could be a bit noisy from other guests, but I guess that could be true of all hotels. I had just stayed at the San Jose Sheraton, by comparison the Wyndham was not even close, but still not bad overall. I wouldn't stay more than one night. The lobby is clean and furnished nicely. There is a pool in the "garden" area. It is surrounded by the rooms. Two floors only. There is also a hot tub there. The front desk staff was a little short conversation wise. Made me feel like the place might be a dump. All rooms have exterior entries which makes the place seem less secure and makes it feel like a lower class hotel. The refrigerator in my room made a constant humming noise. I turned it off but it kept running. That was annoying. The carpeting was low pile and seemed to be directly on concrete. Again, one night only. Bring your snacks and drinks, as far as I know there is no place to buy them on the property. Enjoy!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
rob
"Exactly what we needed."
Daughter and I were at a conference in San Jose and we needed an economical option. Although the hotel was a little too far to walk to where the con was talking place, we appreciated the value.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Noisy"
The hotel is actually a remodeled motel with all the rooms open to outside balcony. This means minimal sound proofing so you can really hear the aircraft taking off during the night. The rooms are fine, but overpriced considering the facility.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Cyril
"Recently renovated and looks very nice"
Recently renovated in a chic modern European style, the hotel is very clean and comfortable inside. The outside could use some attention, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the lobby is a very stylish welcoming area. Staff are very friendly and willing to help.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Russ
"Great place to stay!"
The hotel was better than expected. 9 hole putting green was a plus. The only issues we had was the small refrigerator wasn't working and the key card to the pool didn't work. They switched us immediately to another room and getting in the pool area wasn't a big problem. The rooms are outstanding as well. The restaurant was quite nice also.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel in San Jose"
Very nice hotel. We are please with the comforts and conveniences. We would come back here next time and recommend to our friends and colleagues.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Minh
"Great place."
Great place to stay close to a lot !!
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Thank you and we hope you come back to visit us soon.
4 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Danny
"Nice and clean"
Nice and clean
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Thank you. We strive to make cleanliness one of our top priorities day in and day out. Please come and visit us again in the near future.
2 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
amir
"Never again"
I would never stay at this hotel again.other than the staff and the breakfast, the entire experience was negative! Toilet was blocked when we arrived, they did send someone to fix it quickly.. the bed was hard as a rock, and while the looked exactly like the photos on Hotels.com, the size of the room was a postage stamp. We were not told that there was no elevator, this was a stop over for an extended trip, and we were put on the second floor meaning that 4 heavy large bags were hauled up the stairs without bell help.
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. My sincerest apologies for the deficiencies you faced while visiting our property. We value the comments and opinions our guests leave for us as an avenue for us to improve. We hope that you will consider visiting us in the future to see those improvements in place.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Kristina
"transportation supervisor"
This has been one of the best stays I have ever spent! President treatment there!
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Wonderful to hear! Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
Theodore
"Motel motel motel"
Once inside, the room was old but fine. This is a motel and looks very rough from the parking lot. My first floor room curtains didn't close all the way.
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Thank you very much for your review. We are currently working on a few cosmetic improvements. We hope you will visit us in the future to see those improvements in place.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Trying a new hotel to stay in"
I come to San Jose for Business. I have stayed at other hotels on the south side of town and got tired of the same old stuff. So I tried Wyndham for a change and it was near the hotel. After a few days there, the hotel room cleaning personnel decided to not clean my room until 4:00pm, which I was already off work. The other days it was already cleaned when I got off. The only problem I had. Just wish Wyndham offered a small breakfast and had more options for coffee. If you do stop by, visit the attached bar. The staff there are super friendly and great to hang out with. Food is great too, just a little pricey but not too bad.
Response by Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bar and food. Also, thank you for pointing out a couple of things we need to work on. Here at the Wyndham Garden, we welcome any and all suggestions, as it helps us to get better. We have forwarded those suggestions to each respective department, and hope you will visit us again in the near future.
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Keith
"Horrible...deceiving photos online....."
This hotel was a big disappointment. The pictures provided did not reflect the condition of the hotel in its current state. It is very run down and dirty. The walls in the rooms are paper thin and I could hear every person that walked by my door/window. Their exercise room is a joke. There is a weight machine, a stair climber and a treadmill. The treadmill was cracked on the platform and unusable and the stair climber was on its last leg. They really shouldn't advertise that they even have an exercise facility. I will definitely never stay at this property again.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Stayed for a business convention. Check in was fast. Parking was right in front of my room!! Love love love!! There were more than enough outlets to charge all my electronics. They provided a great blow dryer!! Shower pressure was great, usually at other hotels I find to be weak. It's a very basic, simple place to stay in. Not as big as a basic hotel room at a hilton but it does well. You won't be upset if you find a great deal here.
grace
I have a very good experience. place is close to highways
"Okay, I guess"
Seemed like a rehabed motel - sort of chinsey with blinds and a shade and curtains. Was told I had a room with one bed then sent me to a room with two and said I was stuck with that one since they were fully booked. Gave me a breakfast voucher, and the breakfast was good so I guess I was coolio with that. Chair was about three feet too short for the desk.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Inferior staff and upkeep"
Staff: pleasant enough, however, one morning the trash next to the coffee station in the lobby was overflowing and the staff had an argument over whose turn it was to empty the trash. Room: the bed and linens were very comfortable and clean, however, the used shampoo/body wash, etc. were not replaced in the morning and the toilet paper was ridiculously cheap. The faucet was falling apart, and the rubber mat in the tub was half glued down, half peeling off.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Good for the price"
Flight back home was canceled so need a place for the night. Convenient location and within walking distance to Starbucks and some othe fast food places. For a last minute booking was a good hotel for the price and not bad for a place to regroup.
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Excellent room condition and comfort. Great location.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Leebog
"housekeeping ineptitude"
Checked into hotel, and was given room key-my room was disheveled dirty room recently vacated. I returned to front desk and received a different room. Next room ok, but room safe was open and locked-rendering it useless unless reset by staff. Hotel bar-very loud DJ music. I called to front desk 3times (unanswered) to find out if hotel had continental breakfast. Called hotel.com to find out if continental breakfast, said YES they do. Invited local guest for morning breakfast on 2nd day, and once in lobby, front desk informs me and guest who travelled there to join, that they DO NOT have continental breakfast, so embarrassing and wasted trip for my friend. 2nd day- returned to room at 530pm to find housekeeping didnt make up/refresh room for 7hours vacancy-reported problem to front desk- told them i am ok that nite, let it go. Business center computer 1 computer slower than 3rd world country computer. Noisy gang cars and bar boom-booming ranchero music on north side of complex until 2am. 3rd day- Room still not cleaned. Reported to front desk, housekeeping came-"cleaned" room. Complimentary 2bottles of water was not given twice, tea not replaced, bed was made, linen not replaced. Carpet not vacuumed and visibly dirty, counters and sink not wiped clean. Kleenex empty. So basically, in 3days/3nights stay--all i got was towels refreshed once, and bed made once, which i could've done myself. Not worth the price, poor service.
3 night trip Jan 23, 2015
scott
"When Airport Shuttle is a must"
We chose this hotel based on the need to use a shuttle to SJC airport. The room was clean but they are small with no electrical outlets near beds for charging devices. Bathroom areas are very small & will suffice for one night stays but possible become problematic for longer stays. The bar and grill attached to property is old and drab and is expensive. However, the staff was great at their jobs.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Kerry
"Weird hotel"
Weird hotel. I booked a room with king bed and a courtside view. When I arrived, they no longer had these rooms available and had us staying at the exterior of the building. This was a downgrade. I complained so they moved us to a deluxe suite. It was a bizarrely designed room with a dining room table and huge sofa couches with a bed to the side. No sound proofing to the room. We could hear all around us. Strange place.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
I enjoyed it
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Evelyn
"entertainment ceo"
My stay was very comfortable and I will return when needed!
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Theodore
"Sketchy hotel in a worse area"
I had an early flight in and tried to check-in around 11 AM. I was quickly denied and told that check-in started at 3 PM and the earliest I could come back for a room would be at 1 PM. I was on my way somewhere else and just wanted to drop my stuff of and take a quick shower. When I returned that night, around 5 PM, I asked about the strict no early check-in policy. They tried to give me some lame story about the hotel being completely booked, which it wasn't. I've traveled all over the world and even at the Marriott in Time Square I was allowed to check-in at 10 in the morning. Besides that, the room was nice but not in the best of condition. I found a roach walking around the dresser. I had heard other similar reviews and didn't think this brand would allow such a thing. I would probably never stay here again even though I travel to the area quite often.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Francisco
totally horruble stafff ..i booked on line thru expedia and went to chk in and the staff wouldent take my prepaid card and i already paid in full ..i was unable to stay since my credit card was pepaid even though it was already paid for ..i dident get refunded and was turned away to stay there ...i now out the $80 and they got double paid i guess for a room ....horrible front desk receptionist amber ...i would never go even for a free room ..there ..
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Book at your risk"
I thought I was lucky to sport a room here for under $100. But i overpaid like a fool!!! Nothing works in this hotel. Badly equipped and poorly serviced. It just looks good on the outside... kind of.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Marina
"Reasonable, well run, convenient location."
I spent a week at the hotel while visiting my son. We had a very full schedule and I used my room only for sleeping. It was very comfortable and clean. The hotel offered all of the usual amenities. I had a room with a view of the gardens and pool. I felt very safe when alone. Housekeeping was excellent and my requests were promptly attended to. This is not the taj mahal but good value for the cost.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Lauran
"Very disappointing stay"
The lobby and staff were decent, but the room was deplorable. I believe this is an old motel with pretty furniture added. First off, there were no curtains, just blinds. The lot lights shone inside my room at night so brightly that I could read with the lights off. Also gaps in the fit of the blinds let people walking by see inside my room. First night (of two), I was too cold. I moved the thermostat to 78 but it never came on - 63 when I woke up. Thermostat was mounted on a metal facade- I could see broken wires. Called desk - guy pulls a big pretty wooden box off the 80's heater, turns it on manually and leaves the box in the room. The fridge woke me up every couple hours when it rattled loudly. Many little things too; no battery in the scale, no easy access to plugs, no functioning light switch. One of the worse rooms I've every stayed in. Also one of the more expensive rooms as well. A lot of work to make it look like something it's not
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
TJ
"very disappointed !"
We stayed there for 3 nights. This place is a motel not a hotel and definitely not a Wyndham. This is the worst Wyndham we have ever been to. This place needs lot of work. The hotel is old you can tell by the walls, walkways, door of the rooms. The internet did not work at all. Warning to folks that have lot of luggages there is no elevator to 2nd floor. We will never go back to this place ever again.
3 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"hotel was ok, close to where I needed to be"
All on all it was ok, room smaller than they picture, bedding was very clean..friendly staff, plenty of parking
3 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
SUSAN
"Pleasantly surprised!"
Pleasantly surprised. Much nicer inside the room than I expected. Newly upgraded, very modern.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Ivy
"right price under $100"
It was good if I could pay same rate(hotels.com discounted)
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
"Good hotel for price"
Clean room and beautiful lobby. Good price.It wold be good to heat the pool so you could use it. Jacuzzi was not working right. Room service not availableon Sunday. Pool area is gorgeous. Summer probably great to swim there.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"clean"
Phones did not work we try to call the office for wakeup call but no luck.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
margaret
. Easy to locate, close to freeways. Clean room. Would stay again!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Overall great stay, great staff!"
Pay for extra for the courtyard its worth it. Before I stayed here I read good and bad reviews. I will say we will definitely stay here again. The front desk staff was friendly, the gentleman that helped us in the restaurant Sunday night was very accommodating and Alex the maintenance guys gave outstanding service. Our fridge did not work the 1st day. We called when we got back the second day. Alex came right up to fix it and when he couldn't because of the outlet he brought us another fridge. He also gave us info on restaurants and then went and printed out a map of them. Very helpful. The area around the hotel not so great but if you dont walk around the confines of the perimeter gates you'll be fine. Enjoyed the Jacuzzi but it broke the second night. Overall a great stay.....don't freak out on others comments.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
Shelley
"Wouldn't recommend"
This is a motel not a hotel. It doesn't rise to the Wyndham name. The rooms inside were nice but small. the outside looks like a dressed up Motel 6. We were woken up at 2 am by a man banging at our door screaming profanities. He continued his yelling in his room for over an hour. I called the front desk twice and if they came out nothing changed. I wouldn't stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Interior of rooms have been renovated and are very clean. Only snafu is that the privacy window curtains do not reach across the expanse of the window; they are not properly sized due to the a/c unit nor were they properly installed so it is different to manipulate them. The exterior of the building needs a major upgrade to catch up with the interior.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Tina
"Perfect stay!"
Just a one night getaway. It was perfect! Just what we needed! I was able to check in at 2pm because I got to town early. It was a great place! The hot tub was fabulous and the putting green was an added benefit.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Gina
"This is not a hotel, it's a motel."
People at your front desk were efficient but had absolutely no people skills.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015