All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
675 Main Street I-95, Rt 1-I95 ex 45-I295 Ex 3, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

It is just an ok hotel in a residential neighborhood. I've been in much better and will not stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2015
"Good value for the money! Would stay here again."
Three adults, two kids and one infant stayed for one night, in two rooms. For the money, it was great! Rooms are roomy, clean and, although they could use some remodeling, very comfortable. One of our rooms had terrible TV reception and, after calling the front desk, it only took five minutes for maintenance to come in and get it fixed. The kids loved swimming in the pool--both evening and after breakfast. Complimentary breakfast was good, but crowded--I will not complain as we all filled up before our busy day ahead.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Jeffrey
Checked in after 1 am and the young man at the reception desk was courteous and competent. Good first impression of the hotel.
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
DAVID
"Great customer service !"
The front desk girl, Janique was extremely helpful! She stayed on the phone with me to give directions as I drove through Portland !She also recommended several activities in Portland not to miss ! She is a tremendous asset to that hotel ! She was so pleasant and helpful.The hotel location was very convenient to the roads leading to all of the attractions !Rooms were nice , comfortable and clean. I recommend this hotel for price, location and service !
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Pleasantly surprised with our stay. Got it because of our kids and the pool. Clean, friendly staff. No complaints.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Sam
Room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was also great. It's also a short drive to downtown Portland.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Maddasin
"Friendly Greeting."
The staff greeted us warmly when we checked in and voluntarily gave us a free bottle of water and chocolate chip cookies.That was a nice touch.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Great and clean"
Clean room. Pool area clean. Didn't make breakfast. Staff friendly. Great place. Would definitely stay again
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Gross"
Horrific room- dirty dusty musty rusty beds so uncomfortable with giant dents toward middle. Gross. Indoor pool small, but was highlight.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
KAREN
Very pleasant. Would like to have had a refrigerator in the room.
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Had an early morning flight and used the shuttle service. The only problem being few restaurants in the area. Not having a car made it difficult to have a choice in restaurants.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Unstable Internet for Apple devices."
Internet connection for I-pad was very bad for both this stay and another stay three weeks ago in a different hotel room location. Apparently Apple devices cannot function well here. The clerk tried to help including coming to the room to try to establish a stable connection. Clerk said she had similar problem with her I phone and had to use her data plan.
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"Eh"
While the hotel staff at the front desk were very informative, friendly and helpful, that's about all this hotel has going for itself. The location was a bit shady with a gas station closeby and people who would hang around out front. They need to add more lights in the parking lot, too, which is off to the side a bit. The hotel itself is old and needs updating, which is usually fine to me for a one night stay, but the hotel gave me the creeps. The hallways are very narrow. Our room was on the 1st floor, with low ceilings and a bed that was too stiff to sleep in. On top of that, they placed us next to construction, so we were woken up around 6am by the sound of hammering and hollering. We will not be staying here again. Two pros: They have an indoor pool and check out is at 12.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Claire
"Enjoyable stay"
Good stay.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
mike
"Ok but with some limitations"
Only some rooms have an armchair - ours did not this time (our 10th stay here, all other times we had a comfy chair, only one, but that was good). I asked the maid and she immediately got us a chair. Breakfast is good enough, but the small, hot room is quite chaotic with a long line to wait in. Needs to be larger, and rearranged so various items are in separate corners so people wanting just coffee or juice don't wait in the long line behind people wanting eggs and sausage.
3 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Maine Trip"
We needed an extra night due to our delayed flight. I had never stayed at a Howard Johnsons. Rooms were very large and clean. Service was excellent. Free breakfast very good. Poll was a bonus!
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Not good"
Awful customer service from the building manager. Did not inform us that the hot water was not working until we had to find out for ourselves, and did very little to remedy the problem. Terrible experience
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"A cheaper alternative to Portland's higher prices"
Not in a central location but clean standard room, good service and a good price. A few miles south of the city and easy into portland, also south and quick highway access. Rooms comfortable enough, decent linens (rough towels), hallways (walls, wallpaper) could use some attention - i think its under renovation? Continental buffet included and pool is a bonus.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Decent place at a great price!"
The hotel was clean and the staff was great! We stayed 2 different nights, with one room being much better, had an updated a/c unit, seemed brighter and larger. Major complaint is the slamming doors. they close on their own and SLAM so loudly. The free breakfast was fine, many items, including fresh whole fruit and make your own waffles. The pool is small but the teens loved it.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Great stay - lumpy uncomfortable beds"
The service was great. The beds were very uncomfortable. I am glad we had two double beds - the first my wife and I kept ending in the center in the deep valley. I finally had to go to the other bed to get some sleep but you could feel every spring.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Carl
"Wouldn't recommend"
We had two rooms. In our room the AC did not work and the beds were hard. In our second room they apparently didn't clean the bathroom as someone else's dirty socks were left on the floor. At check in our room was held with our credit card but I told them I wanted to pay with cash. I was told I could do that in the morning at check out. When checking out in the morning they had already charged my credit catd and said it would be difficult to reverse the charges, that didn't make me happy. The night staff was rude to our children when they asked a question. Won't stay thete again nor would I recommend.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Carrie
"Better than expected"
Friendly staff. Pool open until 11pm which is a plus when traveling with 4 kids. Convenient location- right off highway, next to gas station, Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, 3-5 minute drive from a shopping plaza and mall.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Vanessa
"Fine for the night"
It's an older property and our room showed it, but it wasn't too bad. The lobby was nice, as were were the front desk staff at both check in and check out and the place seemed to be busy with travelers. It was super easy to get to from the highway, so if you are just passing through for the night like we were, it was fine. Nothing special, but an ok place to get a night's sleep.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"FINE PEOPLE DISGUSTING RUG"
I don't know about the neighborhood. The hotel desk people were nice. The RUG NEAR THE POOL AND THE BREAKFAST ROOM WAS ABSOLUTELY FILTHY. HOW ANY HOTEL OWNER COULD ALLOW IT TO BE SO GROSS IS BEYOND ME. ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL. The rest was fine.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Everything was great but the but person in the breakfast room was rude. Didn't want to get us new items. We will stay again
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good Price, Good Room For The Price"
The front desk let me and my 3 friends check in 2 hours early which was awesome, we got complimentary waters and cookies doesn't sound like much but I was happy with that haha. The hotel seemed well kept, wasn't dirty. I loved the free breakfast, most hotels have it but I was glad we had it regardless. My one big issue with the hotel was not having a fridge in my room, I did not have a fridge or vault. I hope that issue is fixed as I had to rely on a cooler for the 3 days I was there. The location is good the highway is very close and I did a ton of traveling in Maine so that worked out as well!
2 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
"Expectations fullfilled"
Room was comfortable and convenient
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
AdolfoO
Clean, comfortable, awesome room! Great pool!
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Breakfast area was dirty. Not enough food for breakfast. Serving pans were empty an hour before breakfast was to be over
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
robert O.
"Good location, Needs updating"
Location gives easy access to 295. Amenities were ok, dated. Pool and fitness center dated. Guest chec-in was ok, but employees not properly dressed. One was wearing an orange winter hat?? Room service missed us, so no new towels, trash not removed, beds not made. Prefer other hotels in this class in the area.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Airport van drivers not reliable"
Hotel was OK, the young man checking us in was very pleasant and helpful. However the driver who was to pick us up at 4:30 am, did not show up until 4:50, no excuse for that, would never recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Aileen
"Room fine, food poor"
Room was clean and well maintained. Staff was pleasant and efficient. Breakfast was less than good.
2 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Richard A
"Great place for good price"
Everything was wonderful. Easy check in, clean comfortable room. Plenty of parking and easy access to highway. Had to travel for a funeral and it was nice to not have any hassles at the hotel. This was our 3rd time staying there and will be back again for the next family function.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Rosemarie
Perfect for the money.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Stacci
"a cost effective stay"
The location is ideal, close to interstate road 95, it is very quiet at night as well. Room and service are ok, breakfast is simple through. But it's a good choice for the room rate
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Yuanrong
Besides being walked in on this was a good place to stay
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
this was very good value for the price and nicely run. It also included breakfast in price.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Forth of July weekend stay!"
Stayed for Forth of July weekend for one night. It was great. I liked the fact that the front desk was very nice. The room was amazing. Very clean and smelled good. If I can say one bad thing, it would be the wifi only worked for a small amount of time. Everything else was wondering!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Amber K.
"Satisfied"
The hotel needs update , the toilet is not 100%screwed right , when you sit on it , you feel that is not 100% secured , but very friendly and helpful front desk , it is old hotel but they keep it very clean
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Almost perfect-bad internet"
Stayed 2 nights. Great location for either downtown Portland, Old Orchard Beach, or shopping at the mall. Looks like they are almost done renovating this older motel. Pool was a great plus! Two concerns are the restaurant attached is closed and the Wi-Fi was horrible. I had to re-enter the password every 10 minutes, possibly because there wasn't a hub on the fourth floor? Overall great place.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Despite the reputation of many Howard-Johnsons I found this hotel to be quite nice. Clean, excellent service and felt comfortable. Well-maintained and a great vaule for the price. Good breakfast and attentive staff. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
Pillows and showers were fantastic!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Linda Mae
I paid $130 and received a room that smelled of cat urine the entire night. I woke up at 9, by 9:05 they had locked the breakfast area. The staff were kind and efficient. Terrible room though. Will never stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
Snezan
"HOJO at its best."
The hotel is in a great location for the areas we were going to (Hadlock Field, Waterfront, etc.). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, modest rooms. TV was a little wonky; it would turn off and then on again several times before it would stay off. But that's one tv. I would stay again without a second thought. If you're looking for a good, basic hotel, this is the one. Convenient to highways, mall, ballpark.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Roberta
"not the best but it will do for one over night"
The toilet didn't work and the iron had black slime on it that ruined my husband's shirt. The front desk was going to give us a discount but because we paid thru hotels.com they couldn't give us one.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great place for kids!"
Awesome place! It's older but very clean and the service was top notch. Clean beautiful pool, kids had a blast.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Howard Johnson Hotel, South Portland, Maine"
Our stay was very disappointing. We have stayed there many times over the past 20 years, but will probably not go back there. The condition of the hotel is quite poor. The first room that we were in had a toilet problem. The water pressure kept coming on. We finally decided to change rooms at 8:00 p.m.The second room had no toilet paper holder rod and the toilet seat was not very well attached, and couldn't be adjusted.The first room was better furnished, and the second room had an odor, possibly due to renovations that are supposedly in progress. The TV reception in both rooms was barely watchable and the WiFi was sporadic, to say the least, using our data on our devices. The restaurant is gone, and there is now a shabby breakfast room. I expected a reduction in our room rate, to say the least, but nothing of the kind was offered. I have never complained at a hotel before in my life and am 58 years old. Onward and upward for us, a very sad ending to a great place.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
I didn't like that there was no. Microwave or refrigerator
Other trip May 26, 2015
tabetha
"Reference"
We've stayed in your hotel from time to time (maybe twice annually) for the last 10 years; and once before in 1990 for a week. We like the location and rates. People are friendly, but much of that depends on how friendly we ourselves are. The building needs a lot of work to be completed quickly. We live in High Point, NC.
3 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Not reccommended"
Location was bad, hotel was in ruff shape, the counter staff was nice and the fridge guy (you can rent a fridge during your stay) was prompt and nice. For the price, it was a terrible hotel.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015