All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
675 Main Street I-95, Rt 1-I95 ex 45-I295 Ex 3, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Almost perfect-bad internet"
Stayed 2 nights. Great location for either downtown Portland, Old Orchard Beach, or shopping at the mall. Looks like they are almost done renovating this older motel. Pool was a great plus! Two concerns are the restaurant attached is closed and the Wi-Fi was horrible. I had to re-enter the password every 10 minutes, possibly because there wasn't a hub on the fourth floor? Overall great place.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Despite the reputation of many Howard-Johnsons I found this hotel to be quite nice. Clean, excellent service and felt comfortable. Well-maintained and a great vaule for the price. Good breakfast and attentive staff. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
Pillows and showers were fantastic!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Linda Mae
I paid $130 and received a room that smelled of cat urine the entire night. I woke up at 9, by 9:05 they had locked the breakfast area. The staff were kind and efficient. Terrible room though. Will never stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
Snezan
"HOJO at its best."
The hotel is in a great location for the areas we were going to (Hadlock Field, Waterfront, etc.). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, modest rooms. TV was a little wonky; it would turn off and then on again several times before it would stay off. But that's one tv. I would stay again without a second thought. If you're looking for a good, basic hotel, this is the one. Convenient to highways, mall, ballpark.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Roberta
"not the best but it will do for one over night"
The toilet didn't work and the iron had black slime on it that ruined my husband's shirt. The front desk was going to give us a discount but because we paid thru hotels.com they couldn't give us one.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great place for kids!"
Awesome place! It's older but very clean and the service was top notch. Clean beautiful pool, kids had a blast.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Howard Johnson Hotel, South Portland, Maine"
Our stay was very disappointing. We have stayed there many times over the past 20 years, but will probably not go back there. The condition of the hotel is quite poor. The first room that we were in had a toilet problem. The water pressure kept coming on. We finally decided to change rooms at 8:00 p.m.The second room had no toilet paper holder rod and the toilet seat was not very well attached, and couldn't be adjusted.The first room was better furnished, and the second room had an odor, possibly due to renovations that are supposedly in progress. The TV reception in both rooms was barely watchable and the WiFi was sporadic, to say the least, using our data on our devices. The restaurant is gone, and there is now a shabby breakfast room. I expected a reduction in our room rate, to say the least, but nothing of the kind was offered. I have never complained at a hotel before in my life and am 58 years old. Onward and upward for us, a very sad ending to a great place.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Reference"
We've stayed in your hotel from time to time (maybe twice annually) for the last 10 years; and once before in 1990 for a week. We like the location and rates. People are friendly, but much of that depends on how friendly we ourselves are. The building needs a lot of work to be completed quickly. We live in High Point, NC.
3 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Not reccommended"
Location was bad, hotel was in ruff shape, the counter staff was nice and the fridge guy (you can rent a fridge during your stay) was prompt and nice. For the price, it was a terrible hotel.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"inexpensive getaway"
First night was great. I actually slept. Second night there were a lot of unsupervised children slamming doors and yelling. Bed was lumpy but pillows were awesome. Staff is very nice.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Melynda
"It worked."
Ok
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"ok as they are under remodeling."
office stay were great and very helpful. the rooms were cleaned but the aminities were usually left out, like coffee and new cups. the coffee pot was a mismash...filter not fit the pot, but i made it work. first night had a very loud a/c. they readily made a room change the next day. the pool was a plus, but everyone else thought so too, so the crowd and loud kids did not appeal to me. a hot tub would have been nice.
5 night trip Apr 16, 2015
"South Portland Howard Johnson"
Hotel was undergoing renovations.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
Timothy J
"Great Value"
Great price, location and clean motel. Great value!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"I think this is one of the last HOJOs left!"
The room was nice, the staff was wonderful, the breakfast was phenomenal. The beds were like sleeping on the floor. Very hard and not very comfortable. They are currently under renovations... I don't believe our room was one that was renovated yet, but it was nice enough. A hotel room [::shrug::]. All the staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. We expected a continental breakfast but got that and more... waffles, eggs, sausages. Pleasant surprise.And the price, compared to the Boston area, was great. If I could be guaranteed a more comfortable bed, I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Check the room before you check in!"
I should have asked to change the room, but by 9:45 p.m. I didn't want to bother. The bathroom was not all that clean and the toilet didn't flush properly.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Jeanne
"Good Price, clean room!"
Price is right! Needed 3 rooms for 2 nights and the price was right. Hotel was clean and the front desk employees are super helpful! The hotel was booked solid for the weekend and there was a police car sitting outside the front door most of the weekend. Not sure if there was trouble or just a policeman visiting? I will stay there again on my next trip
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
Ken
"Perfectly fine for what it is"
This is an economy hotel, so knowing that, it exceeded my expectations. Clean, staff friendly and helpful, nice pool, especially for kids. Also, it's in a convenient location, literally 1 minute from the connection to 95 and 294.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Accommodating staff, comfortable rooms"
Super-friendly staff, very accommodating, and the room was clean and comfortable. Both building and neighborhood are under construction right now, so there was a little bit of that going on but nothing to detract from my experience. Very pleased with my stay, and will certainly visit again.
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good for an overnight"
We were there for a basketball tournament. It is a great place to stay for an overnight. Pool is good, beds were ok, rooms were clean, walls are thin.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Easy Access to Highway"
This hotel did it's job. It had easy access off the highway, the staff was polite, and they were clean. For an added bonus they offered a delicious breakfast with make your own waffles and a nice indoor pool. It was the perfect entertainment for my 5-year old. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Megan
"Nice hotel right near highway"
This Howard Johnson is very close to the highway which is convenient. There are multiple stores in the immediate area, most gas station style. It is also not far from a mall and some good restaurants. The hotel room was very clean and the staff (especially Zack) were helpful and very nice. The bed was a little uncomfortable and the pillows were pretty horrible but the rest of the room is what I expected. I would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
JB
"glad I chose here to stay."
I booked for one week. the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. everything I needed was provided for,excellent hotel. due to an unexpected emergency I had to leave after 2 days. but the next time I am back in S.Portland,this is where I'll stay.
7 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
julie
"Rt. 1"
This is a physically tired property. That said, it is trying, with renovations to the pool taking place while I was in it. The staff has a homeless look, with the breakfast attendant attending more to his phone than to the patrons, no identifying name tags on anyone. That said, the room was neat and clean and the heater didn't roar on and off all night as most do. If you're interested in anything in S. Portland, the non-touristy side of Portland, then this location can't be beat. It's opposite a Best Western and Quality Inn, but, all things considered, worth it. Hopefully it will rise like a Phoenix.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
AJ
"Just a night away"
I had loud neighbors and people above us hanging the whole night
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Comfortable"
Good place to crash when your in town.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"A little chilly"
We took our two boys ages 4 and 8 to the hotel for a weekend get away. Overall it was a good stay. The hotel lobby wasn't heated well and the pool area was cold. The pool itself was quite warm the first couple of days we were there, but the last day the pool itself was cold too. Not fun when it's freezing outside! The room was very nice and thankfully one could blast the heat in there.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Joy
"Thank you Zach"
This hotel was booked for my daughter who was flying out of Portland. The desk clerk Zach was so helpful as I made this reservation over the phone. Zach should be praised highly for his customer service. Thank you Zach. I would definitely make a another reservation here if I needed it.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Naomi
"2 night stay"
great hotel, pool was awesome... kids and I had a great stay!
2 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Good price"
Very helpful and nice staff. Continental breakfast free, indoor pool open til 11pm
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Karla
"reasonably priced hotel near Maine mall and route1"
needed to stay near biddeford for a child's gymnastics competition and this was the closest hotel left since i delayed purchasing a room. within 20-25 min of the biddeford high school which was a reasonable distance IMO. every hotel employee that we came across was kind and helpful. rooms were very clean. hotel pool was closed the first night due to repairs but we were offered a free shuttle to the sister hotel for pool use. next day pool was open and you could tell that renovations were happening but the pool area and the hall leading to the pool were still kept clean and safe. paint colors ad wallpaper mayhem been a little dated, but i care more about cleanliness and hospitality. those were A+ IMO. I would definitely stay here again! great $, great service, and centrally located to Maine mall, rt.1, and plenty of convenience/grocery/restaurants within minutes :)
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
stormie
"weekend getaway"
Very friendly staff. Clean rooms.
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Wanted a basic place to stay for NY Eve, after a show intown. Perfect location because our plans were for the mall and surrounding shops on New Year's Day. Clean, comfy, affordable and very gracious staff.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Good choice for budget hotel"
Great value for what you get. It's a budget hotel so its not fancy. But for $60, we got a king size bed with huge flat screen TV. The indoor pool was nice but cool. The pool room was freezing. The complementary breakfast was good but again, not fancy.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Pool and shuttle were very nice!"
We stayed one night and used the shuttle to go to and from the Amtrak station. Took a little swim in the pool which was nice!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Pool was awesome"
My god kids loved the pool and the hours it was open.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Ericka
"Great stay, nice as usual!"
One of our go to hotels for stays in southern Maine. Friendly staff and everything seems to run pretty smoothly. Clean rooms and comfy beds. Dated decor but can't complain for a reliable stay. Close to everything Portland.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Jesse
"Near the highway, great accessibility to Portland."
To start off the hotel front desk was clean and the person was friendly. When we got to our room however we noticed a few things right off. The room was very cold and it took us a good 4 hours to warm it to 70-72 deg. There was dust on quite a few surfaces like our room hadn't been cleaned in a few days. There was dust on the top of the headboard, on top of the tv stand and on the window sill. The blanket for the bed wasn't even long enough to cover anything so we only had sheets to sleep with. We were impressed however with the cleanliness of the bathroom and sink area outside the bathroom. It was spotless. Even the grout between the tile behind the toilet was clean. We just weren't impressed with the rest of the room.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Mike and Sara
"Give Zach a Raise!"
First of all, front desk...young man named Zach (or maybe Zack) is your best employee ever! Polite, courteous and helpful! He deserves a raise! Room was clean, bed comfortable, wake up call on time and the driver for the shuttle also helpful.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
Tammy
"Not bad"
I would have given a higher rating however my room was never cleaned after the first night I stayed there and the Wi-Fi did not work in the room that I was in
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Janet
"Functional but not comfortable"
Very hard uncomfortable bed with thin blankets. TV has a very faded screen. Wall paper was peeling in some places. One of the garbage cans still had garbage in it when we checked in. The sheets were clean and the bathroom was clean with hot water so I can't complain too much. Free breakfast is a plus. With this place you get what you pay for.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Mattress blows giant balls"
Very uncomfortable would never stay here again. Mattress was as hard a rock.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Dora's Aliyah"
It was an enjoyable stay. Comfortable and a decent breakfast. Avery good value.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Dorothy
"Fun"
Fun great no problems there is no hot tub I recerment putting one in
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
kathy
"Very helpful staff"
When the door was stuck on our room upon check in the staff immediately changed our room instead of making us wait while they addressed the issue. She really went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of! Also, the location is great.
Luc
"Good night"
Sleep only in middle of long drive
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Terrence
"Trip to S.Portland"
Room was great, breakfast area was clean but eggs were dry - other choices were available and very nice. Location is right off the interstate with easy access to meeting site. Rate was fantastic and realistic. Plenty of food options within walking and driving distance. Great stay.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
EDNA
"Great!"
5 stars all around. Great time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delan
"Meh."
wouldn't stay again. first room had a bed that broke immediately upon being sat upon; the wood was rotten. we were upgraded to a nicer room but even that room wasn't great; the bed was squeaky and the furniture very outdated. the halls were old looking and smelled of mildew and had stains. the molding on the ceilings was cracked and falling apart in some places. the staff was not friendly but were at least very efficient and focused on their jobs. overall, I would not stay here again for what I paid.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014