All hotels in Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
3301 Ulmerton Rd, Clearwater, FL, 33762, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Not happy with shuttle service"
If walking,not close to restaurants. There were at least 5 of us needing an earlier shuttle, but they would not change so we all had to take taxis and the main reason we chose this hotel is because they advertise an airport shuttle, not saying what would be too early.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Craig
"Decent hotel"
Overall a good hotel: My room backed up to the outdoor pool so that was nice, no walking thru the hotel to get to the pool. The staff was gear. Nice room, mostly clean - but the carpet felt greasy. Showtime had some good movies. Comvenient location. Check in and out super easy and fast. Small fridge and microwave was helpful. Would have been nore helpful to have a kitchen sink and some plates and utensils. The garbage had no bag or lid so that got messy. The bed was way too soft. The hotel allows small pets so one morning the dog next door woke me up. Not great. There's a tiny gym with minimal equipment but marginally better than no gym. Breakfast was ok. Again, marginally better than nothing.
2 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
robert
"2nd Stay"
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and we were not disappointed. Rooms were clean, spacious, service was good. Overall a great experience. Will definitely be starting there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
GLENDA
"Convenient to where we drove from"
Arrived and greeted by friendly desk staff. Checked in no delays or issues - Expedia reservation.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"La Quinta Clearwater"
Very nice hotel, friendly staff, spacious, CLEAN, comfortable rooms. A lot of construction in the area made it difficult to get to the hotel. Overall, very pleased with my stay, I'd definitely stay with them again.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Decently priced hotel near PIE airport"
The hotel does offer a shuttle to PIE airport however it begins at 6am, despite the woman at reservations saying it began at 4am. It is a decent hotel, nothing fancy. I'm not sure I would bathe in the tub, it didn't appear to be extremely clean but it was certainly cheaper than all other hotels we looked at.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Jen
"thumbs down."
Stay else where. Had to leave 6 am breakfast was at 8 am. Not a good idea when most who stay are catching flights early.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Average hotel"
Hotel failed to give us wake up call that was requested with front desk personnel
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
MNM
"Construction an issue"
Stayed before and will stay again. Hotel is fine, but road construction on Ulmerton makes it noisy during the week. Saturday morning it also becomes the local drag meet with bikes and cars racing from about 7:30am. As I say hotel is fine.
3 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"great stay thanks"
great friendly staff,clean room,very pet friendly will recommend to friends see you again i hope in the future
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
thomas
"nice visit"
could stand a update ,but was nice and clean and comfortable
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
L
"pleasant stay"
It was quite pleasant
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Great experience"
Had an early flight the next morning. Great place to stay! So convenient. Helpful staff.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
bonnie
"Extremely Great!"
It was a one-night stay close to the airport. Sight unseen, but educated by internet, it was ideal. The staff was extremely courteous, the room extremely clean and all in all everything was great! I definitely would stay there again.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Judith
"Amazing Hotel for the Price"
Stayed two nights, it was great. The only complaint I really have is that there is terrible construction on street near it that did not allow me to turn into the entrance. Friendly staff, clean, and quite.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Stay"
Helpful & clean good value. Reason for staying they took pets !
5 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Dorys M
"very convenient location and fair pricing."
Free breakfast was nice but maybe include some buns, would be nice.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"10 mi or so from several beaches."
The only thing I did not like was the room we had was formerly a smoking room and you could still smell the smoke.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Patrick
"Cheap and dirty"
Room was old and dirty-beds were comfy but bathroom was really old and gross-floor had not been cleaned
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Christine
"good family place"
Took a family vacation to Florida with the kids and dog and Lawyers Quinta was a good choice. Being pet friendly with no deposit was great. It was minutes from good dining and beaches. The free breakfast was helpful every morning. We ate breakfast every morning over looking the heated pool and hot tub which were clean and well kept.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Erin
"stay here often 1st problem"
There were sugar ants in the bathroom
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
wendy
"Overnight stay"
Very Pleasant overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Celtic Concert Stay"
Just a short stay to go see a concert. This room/hotel is perfect for that. This is not a fancy place but it is clean and pleasant. AC in our room made some annoying noise through out the night. Mattresses need replacement but were adequate. Small free breakfast offered in the morning, plenty of parking and places to eat nearby. Pool and hot tub and exercise room available. Beware of current road construction all around that area. Noisy and really tied up traffic.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Enjoyable and convenient"
Comfortable stay. Great swimming pool and spa. Hotel needs an upgrade but it was fine for our needs; very close to the airport.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
lindsay
"Average"
We were comfortable and more than met our needs. The rooms show the age, but were clean. The breakfast was really limited. Most have coffee available 24 hours. This facility did not.
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Affordable stay"
This hotel was selected based on the free airport shuttle, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. The room was comfortable and adequate for 2 travelers and cost around $60. Nothing special about the breakfast but it did offer hard boiled eggs, waffles, cereals, bagels, juices and coffee to get you off to a good start. It is near a busy road but I didn't notice any traffic noise. The one downside was the road construction that made it difficult finding the correct route into the hotel. The clerk said that has been going on for the last 3 years though. My traveling companion took the airport shuttle in the morning and she said that went smoothly and quickly.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Clean motel, close to the airport. Nice pool."
Very clean and inexpensive! Free shuttle to the airport! Nice!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Pet Friendly, Cheap, Nice."
I picked this hotel because it was in a convenient location and was pet friendly without an additional fee. My expectations were pretty low but they were greatly exceeded throughout my stay. I didn't notice anything unclean in the hotel, but I didn't go inspecting for things either. The fitness facility is kind of nice because it's always locked and you have to get the key to the front desk, once you do you have the (limited) machines and the sauna to yourself. There's a treadmill, recumbent bike, upright bike, stair machine, and multi-purpose cable/weight machine. They're not in great condition but they work. The computer and printer work well and I was able to print the documents I needed with no trouble. I did a lot of walking around the hotel and the streets near it, never felt uncomfortable, decent area. The room was nice with an updated flat screen TV. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom has plenty of space. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Easy to get to. Personnel were very accommodating and helpful. My room was everything I needed and more. I would definitely stay there again!
4 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Rose
Never had stayed at La Quinta and was pleasantly surprised. Just needed a place to stay before continuing to final destination so I was looking for an inexpensive option due to late arrival and not needing more than a bed to rest. I would use La Quinta again based on my experience.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
aaron
We were there a very short time - had an early morning flight to catch and arrived late the evening before.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"sucked for the price"
At the time we went, this hotel's price was on par with every other chain hotel in the area. We chose it based on reviews and a high rating. That was a mistake. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool was also nice and clean. Unfortunately that is the end of the list of positives. The hotel staff was terrible, aside from one nice room service girl. The guy at the front desk never even acknowledged guests unless they addressed him first. We were not made to feel welcomed or our business appreciated at any point. The breakfast was continental even though every other chain hotel at this price has a real breakfast. There was no staff cleaning or resupplying the breakfast room during dining hours. The pool was always out of towels. We only managed to get towels one day of our stay. The ice machine was broken for our entire stay. There was no reference book for area food or activities as is standard in most hotel rooms and the indifferent staff wasn't welcoming enough that I felt like asking them questions. Overall the hotel was a clean, bare bones place to stay. For the price there are far too many better options in the area and I would not stay there again.
4 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2014
Tyler
I ask for a non smoking room and the smell was very discussing duty carpet
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Nice hotel for a business trip."
Stay in this hotel for 3 days and it was a nice experience. Close to many restaurants and located on a nice area. Swimming pool has temperature control, enjoyed a lot after a day of work. Front desk was courteous and help me to replace a broken desk chair on the room. Overall fairly clean and well maintained even tough is an old facility.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Ernie
"Great Staff"
The staff was great, the rooms and facilities were clean. The only problem was the construction going on and the difficulty in getting into the hotel from one direction. That was not the hotel's fault. I recommend the place. The rooms have fridges, microwaves and little coffee makers.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
"Close to Family"
It was good for the price the only inconvenience was that the bed was not to comfortable
7 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"What you expect for the price"
This hotel is close to PIE and I-275 making it a very convenient stop over for a late night flight. Decor and furniture are out dated and worn, and the hotel is clean but in need of a make over. The rooms and baths are very small. What you expect for the price, however not up to the La Quinta standards we experience at other locations. We would probably not stay at this La Quinta again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2014
"I would stay here again"
They hotel and staff did everything required of them. But the main difference was the agreeable spirit experienced by all of the staff from the manager to the housekeeping people.Smiles were on every face willing to accommodate in any way necessary. Special thanks to James. I appreciate what you did.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Don
"Close to airport."
Had to wait outside the hotel door to be let in to check in. A customer let us in.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Lilian
"Not up to expectations"
We've had good stays at La Quintas before, but this didn't live up to our expectations. Supposedly the entire facility had undergone a recent remodel. The 'public' areas of the hotel were just ok, but it looked like our bathroom had been entirely overlooked in the remodel. It was very dated and not particularly clean; repairs evident in floor and wall of dated fiberglas (?) tub. The room greeted us with an odd sour smell upon opening the door. I would choose a different location if I stayed in town again.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Not bad at all"
The good. The room was clean and the staff was friendly during check in and out. No odd smells and the bed was comfortable in room 335. The (not) so good. The building is older as some have mentioned and its a bit outdated. The "breakfast" is poor at best. No protein at all except for the odd hard boiled eggs? On my nights stay late into the evening children were running the halls yelling and slamming doors but it stopped somewhat quickly. All in all not bad but biggest disappointment was breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
v195
Very nice
6 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Nice Hotel - Lots of Road Construction"
The hotel itself is very nice with a helpful staff. Very clean. Nice pool area and breakfast bar. Our room was very nice - a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, there is major road construction going on right outside the hotel now. They are doing the work at night so it is a bit noisy. There are several lane closures and this made it hard to get in/out of the hotel. The other guests were also very loud - doors slammed every morning we were there at 5:00 a.m. but there isn't anything you can do about the rudeness and inconsiderateness of others. Overall, the hotel is nice and a good location. The road work is slated to continue until Spring 2015, though, so keep that in mind when booking.
4 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Joey&Michele
"Nice clean hotel."
The hotel staff was very efficient and personable to work with.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Jenny
"Convenient for 1 night stay."
This hotel was chosen as it is close to the St Petersburg/Clearwater airport. The hole staff was very helpful and courteous.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"It was ok for the price"
Difficult to find due to construction. The place was recently updated and the carpet and bed, my two main concerns, were very nice and very confortable. Noticed a lot of hair in the bathroom though. Not sure if I would stay here again
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Close to airport"
Nice place. Clean and good location, near the airport.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Family vacation"
My family vacation was amazing the hotel was very nice also the staff was very helpful and very caring, we had an awesome time staying here, my kids enjoyed the pool and the room very much, everything was perfect our view was to the pool and we enjoy every second of it!!
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Wilmarie
"centrally located for easy travel"
hotel was quiet and friendly
3 night trip May 18, 2014
Martha
"Very impressed, solid central location to Tampa"
Great staff, they upgraded me to a king at no charge and were able to give me a ground floor as requested since I have two large dogs. It's hard to ever go anywhere else other than La Quinta because they do not charge for dogs. A kennel would cost me $60 a day around my home and I hate to leave them. Their dog policy is top notch. Pool and sauna were clean and very nice after a hot day exploring the town. The room was large with a microwave and fridge and had showtime on the TV. the location seemed safe. The only problem was that coming off the Howard Franklin bridge, you can not turn right into but have to go up to the next light and turn around. It was a pain but something worth dealing with. The location was great as we traveled to Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete, Sarasota. Everything is within an hour. It is a very central location if your looking for stuff other than just one beach. Most are only suppose to take 20 minutes to get to but Traffic in this city is crazy so expect longer. The staff was able to fax stuff for me without hesitating and I used their computer to print documents in the lobby for free. Great service and helpful as I was closing on a house out of state. The only downfall of this place is the breakfast, it is lacking (no hot food other than a waffle) but whatever, I will keep going back.
Other trip May 25, 2014