All hotels in Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
2401 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ, 85016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
    Comfortable
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Bad pool
the spa and pool were not open yet so I wish I wouldve known before booking but overall the hotel is nice, it seemed a bit empty especially the restaurant which looked really nice but no one was there. I guess people still need to catch on about it. Valet was expensive and did not seemed prepared, we would call down to request car 10min prior and when we arrived it seemed they had forgotten about getting it.
3 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
"Great Phoenix location!"
Great customer service!
2 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
Suzanne

TripAdvisor reviews for The Camby

"Swanky hotel with all the service"
02/11/16 mparis4386 phoenix
My husband and I just stayed at the Camby and had a great experience. The entrance, lobby, outside, restaurants, rooms, elevators etc etc are all so well thought out in regards to style and unique touches...modern, but classic, swanky, but classy. Unique touches throughout. The customer service from everyone we crossed paths with (with one minor exception below) was top notch. Very comfortable beds and great views. I am local to Phoenix, and there really isn't a comparable hotel in the Valley. And for the 'out of towners', this is a great location. You are right in the Biltmore (lots of great shops and restaurants) and right between Scottsdale and Downtown Phoenix. My only complaint (although I won't let it affect my star rating) was our breakfast. We had to wait over an hour for our food. The table next to us ordered their food at the same time and had eaten and left before we got our food. Once it arrived, mine was delicious (I mean realllllllly delicious), my husband's was inedible. They handled it properly in the moment, but wasn't taken care of how we were told on the check out end.
"I found Luxury in the Desert"
02/08/16 Dino F San Diego, California
As a frequent destination traveler, I was not expecting to find a jewel in the desert. The centrally located, Camby hotel completely caught me by surprise and exceeded all my expectations. Located in the heart of Phoenix, from the moment you arrive, you feel as if you are pulling into a presidential gathering or high profile Hollywood event. You are greeted by Alex and his well trained team of Valet professionals, all of which are eager to assist with the smallest of details. As you enter the hotel, you feel as if you have stepped into a cosmopolitan resort in a European setting. I was immediately transported to another place and quickly forgot that I was staying in the Arizona desert. The elevated sense of hospitality does not stop at the valet stand, as each and every staff member gives you a genuine smile and welcomed feeling. The décor is eclectic and unique in design, with some clever art work that plays on textbook metaphors. The rooms are equally as impressive attention to every detail. From clever slogans on the ceilings, to the reading lamps built into the bed frames. From there you will move to the dining facilities, where you will not be disappointed. Although I was only looking for a snack, I could tell that the kitchen staff was using fresh quality ingredients. I ordered what would normally have been a simple plate of nachos, which turned out to be anything but ordinary. They were absolutely delicious and each and every taco chip was tasty and crunchy down to the last chip. The gentleman working the floor, named Steve, could not have been a more gracious host and personally took the time to make sure everyone in my group was well taken care of. This stay was one of the best of the best and I can't wait to return and experience the pool, fitness center and extraordinary "Bees Knees" lounge.
"Scott Cleaveland "
02/08/16 Scott C
I was in town with 7 of my friends from California to watch the Phoenix Open ,play golf ,watch the Superbowl etc we had the best stay here at the Camby clean great service great rooms . We watched the game in the lounge . Stephen went above and beyond to ensure we had a great experience. Alex the Bell Captain went above and beyond as well.
"Swank Place..."
02/05/16 mountaingirl43 Cashiers, North Carolina
The Camby, formerly the Ritz Carlton's location, is a new Autograph Hotel offered by the Marriott. Upon entry, the place had great energy. Our check in went well but I was put in a handicapped designated room without being told. The doors are very heavy and have an automatic door button which is noisy if you are sharing your room. There was no door on the shower. I could have changed rooms but there were were no more King beds available. So I deem that as more my problem. The room was nicely appointed and had some funky spunk to the art. The walls are VERY THIN. I could hear the guest in the next room clearly talking on the phone and later, drying her hair. We had a cocktail in the bar before going to dinner across the street at the Biltmore Fashion Center. The bartender made a fabulous Mojito! We were able to walk to our restaurant which was great! Room service came 10 minutes late the next morning so that started my day late. All in all, I would stay here again, although, the price point is fairly high. The hotel has a few kinks to work out since they have just opened in December 2015.
"Good but not great"
02/03/16 V T Montreal, Canada
I travel for business and was coming to town for 4 days. The staff is very nice and attentive. The hotel looks great. The room are as advertised, very whimsical. But my room had not room service menu. I called down to get one. Now keep in mind thos hotels has very expensive cars parked upfront. At 400$ a night you have expectations. I was told room service comes in to go packages. Even if you are eating in room. I asked why they said they are trying something new. Well for the price i want a coffee pot, proper cutlery, jam for my toast and so on not everything in plastic. I am sorry but i expected more. But all in all good hotel just needs a little work.
"Pleased"
01/29/16 Gregory M Thousand Oaks, California
Stayed one night at the new Camby hotel. It was very nice. As others have mentioned I do feel the opening was somewhat pre mature but not overly so. The decor is fresh and modern, our room on the 11th floor was beautiful although we didn't have a view of any kind and the window was blocked by a table and chairs. The bathroom was fit for a king, the staff was friendly, and the location is great. You are basically forced to valet which is $33 overnight, which is extortion in my opinion however is to be expected when staying at a hotel of this caliber. Overall I am very impressed and pleased with my experience here. I look forward to staying once the hotel gains traction and gets into its zone so to speak. Great potential here, but still a great experience.
"Different"
01/29/16 Ellie F
Contemporary, very different. The rooms are intriguing and everyone in our group could not stop talking about it...Moo😀! The staff is new and it was sort of obvious that not all of the pieces are in synchronized. The bar is great. However room service could be better, the staff was still cleaning rooms at 5pm or even 6pm. This should be transparent. They forgot my room one day, and the next for coffee condiments. Overall good experience, clean, comfy, conveniently located.
"Basketball Retreat"
01/29/16 Melanie Jo M
We arrived Friday night with two children in tow, the hotel was nice for the first night then...no hot water on our floor Saturday. We had one child who played basketball all day Saturday and he could not shower, unless he wanted to freeze. Sunday morning still no hot water in our room.
"NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!"
01/28/16 skibum61 Phoenix, Arizona
My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the “old Ritz” “new Camby” in late January, 2016. The Camby describes itself as “irreverent” and attempts to showcase Arizona’s 5 C’s: Copper, Cattle, Cotton, Climate & Citrus. Creative ideas, but after being open several weeks, execution on these creative concepts is far from complete. My wife and I live in the area and were “hoteling” during a home remodel. We had watched the transformation of the Camby for several months and were looking forward to visiting the “new” hotel. This hotel occupies a great location for the business traveler; it is centrally located, not far from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport (about 15 minutes south of the hotel). The hotel is located in the upscale Biltmore neighborhood; easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping and a multi-plex theater. If you are staying here for a conference, a car is not needed; but if you do drive, valet ($33 + tip) is required unless you want to walk to a paid parking garage at an adjacent business complex. I also found the free wi-fi to be the fastest of any hotel I have stayed. The on-site restaurant and lounge also seem to be functioning well, with many staff there former employees of the Ritz and accordingly, well trained. Front office staff is earnest and very friendly, but seem perplexed and untrained. I was also surprised to never observe any management presence in the reservation/check-in area; especially at a newly opened hotel. When I attempted to talk to a manager at check-out, the GM’s assistant (not an assistant manager) informed me the GM (Mr. Miller) was out of town, but she was happy to let him know my concerns. Perhaps assistant managers are not yet in place, not sure. In contrast, the restaurant had a strong management component and the staff there were clearly being supervised. Our room continued the chalky blue color scheme of the ground floor. I like the color blue, but this particular shade is not my favorite; but certainly not a deal killer. The first indication that our room “had issues” began with a malfunctioning phone handset. Fortunately, the speaker function on the base unit allowed us to summon maintenance who quickly arrived to fix the phone. A lamp also wasn’t working; but new LED bulb, and all was well. For a single traveler, the towel supply was adequate, but for two, not so much. My wife also noticed our new mattress lacked a mattress pad; especially odd for a hotel. The next day our room was not serviced when we returned at 7 p.m. However, as with the maintenance issues, once notified, friendly staff quickly arrived to remedy the problem. The next day we were awakened by our room’s fire alarm; fortunately, it stopped after a few seconds. However, later that morning while my wife was showering, it went off again and didn’t stop. After quickly dressing, she notified maintenance who again cheerfully arrived to fix the problem. Other observations: Rooms are noisy; we easily heard our neighbor talking on the phone. Noises in the hallways are also easily heard. Pool, pool deck and spa still closed; probably not a big deal to the business traveler, but worth mentioning. Gym equipment and space is new; lots of cardio machines. Weight machines are all professional grade free-weight type machines; not your typical multi-station hotel machines. I didn’t order room service, but was told it is available 24-7. One personal frustration was the difficulty in getting change for tips; I tried unseccessfully during my entire stay to break a $20 bill. Front desk would direct me the café, the café would direct me to the front desk; you get the idea. I was later told by the “manager of first impressions” that they are working on the problem. My guess, they are working on many more pressing issues. Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood!
"Nice but still a little rough around the edges"
01/25/16 David D Washington, District of Columbia, United States
The Camby just opened around Christmas 2015/16 having been converted from a Ritz Carlton. It is part of the New Marriott Autograph Collection of boutique hotels. The renovation was a good one with stylish, contemporary interiors but it's still evident in certain places that the bones were a Ritz (heavy woodwork now painted in bright colors rather than the traditional Ritz wood tones). The staff were very helpful but some of the little touches that you come to expect in a nice hotel were missing: Not enough towels in room Empty mini-bar and no cafe in hotel to buy anything Not one pen or paper in room anywhere No headphones in the gym (which was otherwise very well appointed) Wonky television set If they get these little details squared away, the Camby is a great alternative when staying in Phoenix. Convenient location and stylish surroundings.