All hotels in Castaic, California, United States of America

2.9
    2.7
    2.4
    2.7
Check in was fast and easy. Counter help provided all information needed without having to ask.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"not horrible but not great"
Little to no interaction with the staff usual hotels will bring you necessities requested we had to get them. Continental breakfast is always packed not worth the wait free WiFi is not good nothing worked. Bath tub was broken and cracked water constantly drained down below wouldn't be surprised if mold starts to grow underneath tub soon...no coffee filters on the room but coffee was available...
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Save money, sleep better, stay HERE"
Fantastic VALUE for the money. Clean room& bedding. Mattress firm and flat, not sagging or caved in. No cigarette smell. Breakfast simple, but included. Free coffee in AM. Truck stop location, but excellent over-night accommodations.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
Philip
"Convient to Santa Clarita."
Old, run down, ugly furniture, outside areas dirty.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Dixie
"VERY EXCEPTIONAL"
Was one of the very best stay ever
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
mario
"Great value"
I am not picky about my hotels. Generally I just need a clean bed while I pass through. This hotel was easy to get to, clean, and had a nice continental breakfast. Could definitely have had some updates, but everything was clean and comfortable with everything I needed for one night's stay. Great price for everything I needed.
Other trip May 7, 2015
Nikkie
"Perfect for my budget"
It is not an elegant hotel. But I wasn't paying for elegance so I didn't expect it. My budget is bottom of the barrell. I need safe, clean, internet, and breakfast. It was safe. I love the location. I love what is near by and there was plenty of parking so I never had to worry. It was clean. Yes, it could use some tender, loving care. But the water pressure was good. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked. There was a mini-fridge and microwave. Plenty of room. The pool was adequate too. Free internet connectivity that worked! That has value! And waffles for breakfast. That also has value. I visit Valencia every 6 weeks to see my girls. My last stay at a competitor south of Valencia frustrated me. So I searched this motel out and they have won my business. I will stay here every 6 weeks as long as they continue to fit my budget and I feel safe and clean.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Don
"Overall my stay was ok."
This hotel could use some shower upgrades but it's close to where I'm going and quite at night. The sheets are clean ( u can smell the bleach, that's fine by me) the bed is comfy but need better pillows. Overall my stay was ok.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Sham
"none"
It served our need for a one night stay. I would use it again
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Harald
Clean room...easy to find...easy access to I-5. Lots of fast food restaurants nearby, but nothing else in the way of dining.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Poorly maintained motel!!"
We stayed here on April 14, 2015. This was the most rundown, shoddy motel I have ever experienced! The room was a mess! It had dirty paint, dirty carpet, chipped vanity with fingernail polish stains, missing light switch cover, drapes hung incorrectly, no alarm clock, and generally needed a lot of TLC. The outside of the grounds and parking lot were filled with old palm frawns, showing no maintanance outside either. The front desk staff was not friendly. I would never recommend this motel to anyone!
1 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Roberta
"Okay stay..."
Hotel needs remodeling. Picture was missing in our room, the wall paper was peeling in the bathroom and there was trash under the bed.Would not have stayed there if we weren't saving money.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2015
"Won't be back"
This place is disgusting noisey and the staff is rude. There were roaches in the room the hangers are rusty the walls are dirty the bathroom tub is cracked along with the rusty stained sink. I will never come back
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"I guess I expected too much"
The hotel is located on a busy truck stop road. makes for a noisy stay. Room was outdated and felt not clean. There was a big stain in the carpet near the door. The mirror was fixed crooked on the wall. the TV was the old kind (not a flat screen). The small dresser was missing a drawer handle. There was a refrigerator and microwave. They were stacked on the floor. The room was missing its clothes iron. Tub was stained and yellowed in places. My daughter found a couple of bugs. The free breakfast consisted of a make your own waffle stand, cerial, and toast. They had coffee, juice and hot chocolate to drink. We ended up staying two nights. Both nights I was too tired to care about the state of the room. I guess I just expect more for my $200 Almost forgot, pool looked dirty and wouldn't suggest going in it.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
B
"Place to sleep on the south side of the grapevine"
See title, that is all this hotel is good for, and it doesn't do that very well.
Market Open
"Horrible!"
Clerk at check in was extremely unfriendly! I could hear every conversation the people in the next room were talking about at 6am. No iron in room, and they don't offer complimentary toothpaste. I understand this isn't a 5 star place, but some things should be standard. Would never stay here again.
Shani
"Ok for the price"
Location is convient & the room is clean but breakfast is not good
"Trucker stop"
Now really a family spot more of a trucker motel. Meets the purpose of a quick spot for sleep. It is an older place and you get what you pay for. Would stay again if I was without my kids
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Rodeway Inn"
Hotel was a comfortable stay. Only complaint I have, the room had a funny smell. After leaving the window open for a while, the smell went away. I was satisfied with my stay and great deal!
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Samantha
"Six flags trip"
It was convenient with great restaurants n stores nearby. Not the greatest room or property. Just somewhere to lay your head for a minute
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Limaned
"not nearly as bad as some reviews say"
The place really wasn't that bad. The room was non smoking but it smelled like the person who stayed there before me smoked a pack before they left, and it was room 103 right next to the front entrance so it was very noisy (semi trucks and people hanging out outside). If it weren't for all the noise I probably would have had a full night sleep. The breakfast was OK. Pretty much just make your own waffles, cereal, coffee, juice, and hot chocolate. If I had a room more towards the back I believe my stay would have been more pleasent. The sheets were all clean and the bed was very firm. Can't beat this cheap room lol
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
anthony
Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very courteous. Rooms were clean. Continental breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"A quiet place off the freeway"
Nice and quiet
1 night trip Feb 24, 2015
Maria
"Waffles are Awesome"
We really enjoyed breakfast here, the waffles are amazing!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Marlena
"Very acceptable room"
I was surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of the room, overlooking the pool, and a relatively quiet room with only a slight freeway sound. Breakfast was fine, nothing outstanding, but acceptable. I would recommend this hotel for someone on a budget.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"nice hotel for the price"
We booked this hotel not being familiar with the area. The hotel itself is a bit dated, but overall we had a very pleasant experience. It was clean and comfortable; I would stay again if I happened to be in the area.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
the non smoking room smells like smoke, especially in the bathroom
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Adequate, barely."
There aren't a lot of motel choices in Castaic. The reviews I found before I booked at the Rodeway suggested it was the best of what is available. And it was not expensive. The property looks run down and shabby. The clerk at the desk was wearing a very dirty shirt. The steps to the upstairs rooms looked sketchy. And the street out front is jammed with transient 18-wheelers. But the room was clean, quiet, and I slept well.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"affordable"
Affordable.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Dirty Room"
The room i got wasnt messy and dirty, house keeping didnt get to it. When i notified the front desk they just didnt care.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Mariajulia
"It comes with a price."
You get what you pay for. It's noisy. There's a lot of deferred maintenance. Covers missing on AC outlets etc. Personally, I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Not clean. Cracked tub. Bed not comfy. Actually looked for bed bugs before we slept.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Sinking in..."
Almost fell through balcony 2nd floor. ..bathtub is weak and sinking in..scary situation. ..All furniture is dated bad...not worth the price...bed is bad...
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Johnny Traveler
"Good for the price."
This is the second time I've stayed here. First time was ok but the second time was better. I would stay here again when needed. The room was clean and equipped with a fridge, microwave and iron. Bed linens and towels smelled freshly cleaned (heavily bleached). All in all it was good for the two nights and price. Can't complain!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Sham
"fine for short stay"
Guy at desk not overly pleasant, but we got what we paid for, and had no problems. Breakfast very basic.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
richard
"good location to i/5"
heat could not be regulated in room, shower was made for someone 4 ft tall breakfest was all carbs, room was cheap and almost worth it
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"ok for the price"
good area , close to six flags magic mountain, very clore to gas station
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Not very good"
Room was dark and old, not very clean
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Graham
"Well worn motel"
60's era motel. loud and noisy at all times of the day and nite. We used it because they were the only pet friendly hotel in the area. Do not recommend
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"the picture can be deceiving....."
the picture of the non smoking room we reserved was a smoke damaged smelly room with a very uncomfortable king size bed. the smell was sickening. i woke up with all my pressure points hurting we did ask for a different room and the hotel clerk made a trade straight across to a room that smelled much better. thank you, clerk. the rodeway inn is a truckers paradise.... lots of trucks everywhere.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"Ok but not great"
Room was fair. The couch was threadbare and the bed was a little lumpy but not too bad.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"bad reception service and hotel location"
This hotel is for truckers. If you are with family, then look for some other hotel for a better experience.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Serious maintenance issues"
I didn't have any issues with the check-in or the location of the hotel. But overall room experience has been extremely horrible. I don't mind if the room doesn't have a microwave or a refrigerator. However, if the access key doesn't work when you want to get into the room; that's never going to be a good experience. We checked in to the hotel after 12 AM in the night. We had to try more than 20 times with the access key, before we could finally get into the room. Following morning, after breakfast when we wanted to get into the room; once again we had the same issue with the access key. We tried for almost 10 mins, but it never worked. I went back to the front-desk and reported the issue. I was told that the issue was probably with the access card and they would again reconfigure that for me. I tried again with the reconfigured card, but it never worked. Again, I had to rush back to the front-desk and ask for assistance. A maintenance staff came and tried to open the same with their access card, but even that failed. She mentioned that the actual problem was with the access card reader that had a dead battery. Ultimately, we could enter the room after she opened it manually with a key. Unfortunately, the entire episode cost us more than 30 mins and we were late for our onward journey. Hopefully, the hotel management would take care of all these maintenance issues in future.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
CA Traveller
"Just a place to sleep"
Easy in and out, close to freeway and Magic Mountain. Hotel is old, room was ok, outdated bedding, couch was ripped, there was no sheer curtains in between the regular curtains so if you wanted to open the main curtains you are exposed to the outside and the curtains were worn out, you could see the light coming through them in several spots. The free breakfast? Waffles, toast, cereal, coffee and either apple or orange juice. That's it! No fresh fruit nor any protein.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Gabriela
"Bs"
No one answered the night window so I could check in called, ring the bell for 45 minutes
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Jenn
front desk was rude when checking in, employee looked liked did not like his job.
oswaldo
"Excelent"
it was a nice hotel. Nothinh to extravegent but it had pretty good space and the king size bed was really comfortable.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2014
"Good for the price"
The room was in the back off of the parking lot, since my flight arrived an hour late I checked in very late/early am. The desk clerk for the night window was sleeping in the back it took him about 15 minutes or so to realize I was ringing the bell. Once in my room it was ok. For the price I cannot complain. It was clean to thier standards but I decided to go over it with my own cleaning products from the local store. The bed was comfortable on the most part they could use new pillows as the ones in the room were flat. I would stay there again as it was close to where I was going and food places are in walking distance, gas stations right across the street.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Shamella
"Most Horrible Experience in 50 years of travel…"
My Husband and I were driving back from Palm Springs and used the Hotel.com app to book a room for a quick Saturday night stay since we were tired and did not want to travel further on I-5. I stay at a lot of hotels and am a gold member at Hotels.com. I must say that this is the most crude and disgusting place I have ever stayed in. First of all after checking in they told us that we were in the smoking room because that was all they had left and they could not refund the room to us because it was a “pre-paid” transaction. The Hotels.com site said nothing about it being a smoking room. The place STUNK to high heaven. It looked like it had not been remodeled since 1974 and everything was so tattered. There were cigarette burn marks all over the counters and the couch was filthy with huge stain marks on it. We peeled the bed covers back to look for bugs it was just that disgusting. We took everything off but the sheets and slept on top of the bed without moving all night. There were three ultra-thin pillows for a King bed and I threw towels over them. When we woke in the morning and the sun came through the drapes they were covered in dust with hundreds of moth holes in them. When we left the room in the morning there were shady characters milling about who looked like they had not slept in days. I would never recommend anyone staying here. Stay in your car or at a rest stop instead!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Tamara
"Never Again"
Finding the hotel was easy and its easy access to the freeway and many places to eat and local banks and gas stations. The parking lot entrance is at such an angle that it scrapes under your vehicle if you don't come at it just right and I was in a van not a lowered car. That happened at each entrance and exit. The lights in the room are sensor sensitive so they don't stay on. you have to constantly be moving around the room or they shut off. The beds had old mattresses that are hard as a rock and the beds slanted so it was very hard to actually sleep. Breakfast was limited. A loaf of bread for toast, a waffle maker, juice, milk, 2 cereals.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014