All hotels in Castaic, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here31558 Castaic Rd, Castaic, CA, 91384, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
    2.9
"I would pass on this hotel...."
Room was incredibly hot when we checked in...it took a whole day for it to finally cool down. Management should put the A/C on in the rooms prior to when the guests check in. When it is 100 degrees outside, a nice cool room is a must. Hotel pool had lots of hair in it....a better filtration system is needed. One member of the hotel staff was very indifferent and did not seem interested in being helpful. Calls to the front desk were not picked up....rang three separate times, no one picked up. I would not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Janet
"Not as nice as expected"
The A/C didn't work in The first room we checked into. We Had to change rooms on the second day. It is an older hotel that needs A LOT of upgrades. Paint was peeling, the racks were falling off the walls. Rodeway needs to invest some clean up and maintenance at this place. It was convenient and felt safe, but I would have paid a little more and stayed somewhere better if I had known.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Jenny
"Great place to stay on trip to Six Flags"
After reading reviews, I was nervous about staying at such a cheap hotel. But my fears were unnecessary. The room was clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Nothing fancy or frilly about this place, but if all you're looking for is a bed to crash on after a long day at Six Flags, this place gets the job done. Didn't get to try the continental breakfast because by the time we got there (8:30am) everything was gone. Fortunately there's a delicious and inexpensive donut shop across the street. Only negative was the resident skunk who seemed to enjoy hanging out near the trash cans outside our room. I have skunks near my house, so I'm used to them being around. Plus I am an animal lover, so I personally didn't mind anyway. Had the thing sprayed me, though, you'd be reading a different review.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Kara
"Basic place to spend the night"
Ten miles from Magic Mountain. Motel was '60's and a bit tired. Air conditioning filter needed cleaning - air flow minimal for a hot night. Towel svc for two-we paid for two adults and a 17 year-old. Beds were hard and springy. Our box springs were old and stained. Daily cleaning tasks were done well, but it appeared more expensive maintenance had been let go. For example, the tile in the bathroom floor was cracked, the plastic tub was cracked and poorly repaired, the shower valve ring was falling off and the towell racks were bent from people using them as support climbing in and out of the tub.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Kent
"Very mediocre, but gets the job done"
average, average, average across the board. Worth it if you get a good price
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
For what we needed it was good..
3 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
"Updated needed"
Spend some money and fix lobby, eatting area. Rooms out dated and needing repairs.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Jonathan
"DIRTY"
Nauseatingly dirty.... WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE 80 bucks to sleep on a visibly stained mattress, floor, furniture
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
lucy liu
"Emergency only , not for families with children.!"
Hotel, too expensive for the service, just use it as the last resort. Should be rated 1 star! and 1/2 price of what they charge. Broken fixtures and outdated for the area it is located, definitely not recommend for families with kids.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Concerne parent
"horrible"
I reserved a non smoking room due to my sister's asthma and having my 18 month old niece with us and was given a smoking room. The room smelled awful but p we couldn't open a window because the area was so scary. There were squished cockroaches up and down the side walks. We slept with the light on because cockroaches hate the light. There were holes in the head board which was kind of scary, the tv kept losing it's cable signal. If I hadn't been so tired and it wasn't so late (sleeping baby) I would have gone and demanded my money back and went somewhere else. We were debating on sleeping in the car it was so bad.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
jessaw
"Needed a place to stay"
The room was clean and didn't smell like smoke. It did the job perfectly. I hate how the parking is arranged though.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Tiffany
"Best night sleep ever"
Everything was easy and perfect - the bed was so comfortable that we got the best night sleep we ever had in a hotel and the curtains blocked out the light so effectively that we were able to sleep late and recover from many days of hard travel.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Michele
"Room should not have been rented"
Checked in about midnight..exhausted. Given a room where the bathroom light and fan and the vanity light would turn on and off by themselves all night. I was so tired I didn't want to move so put a pillow over my head and tried to get some rest. Next morning told the front desk abouT the problem... And didn't even get an apology or any acknowledge of a problem other than what room and the clerk wrote a note... No thank you for staying or sorry about the room problem. It was an inexpensive room so amenities were as expected bu.t did not expect a "broken" room nor poor manners.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
I think the place should be condemned.
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
We had a room that the TV didn't work. The swimming pool was dirty, needless to say we didn't get in it. The beds were very uncomfortable. We would not stay here again.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
raysome
"close to attractions"
The stay was good and was a good place to sleep. I liked the waffle maker, but I was expecting more variety of breakfast options like danishes or bagels. The hot chocolate is great.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
Bryan
The hardware / fixtures in the room show wear and tear. Room was moderately clean but significant semi- truck traffic in immediate vicinity of Hotel.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Loud truckers out back."
They blew their air horns right out my door. I was afraid to go out thinking I might get shot or something.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"close to magic mountain"
o ld needs lots of work. very loud guests it looked like it was very old if a lot of repairs
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"It's nice, close to food outlets and gas stations"
was a very nice stay, cleanliness of the rooms was good, close to the city, and shopping parks etc.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"OK if you just need a place to sleep"
Barely adequate. Arrived 8PM. Night shift person was curt to the point of being rude. Just doing his job with minimal interaction. Rooms badly in need of update. My 14yo daughter was 'creeped out' by the overall condition.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Dean
"Magic mountain and Castalic Lake"
was great, waffle bar for breakfast was great, clean rooms, and nice showers, had a great time!
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
"A bed in the middle of nowhere"
There is not much reason to stay in Castaic, most that do are just looking for 4 walls and a bed. That's what you get here. Its an old hotel with sparton rooms, nestled on a grundgy thoroughfare. Get in, get out, and move on.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
"Bad in every way"
I could not be worse than this experience
1 night trip Feb 10, 2014
"disappointing"
no hot water to take a shower called office manager was no help !
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Vinnie
"Budget Stay"
You get what you pay for. Staff was nice and prompt with service requests. Room was a comfortable size but needs significant maintenance repairs and updates.
2 night trip Jan 6, 2014
"It Was Ok Just To Sleep"
We checked in late and we really got this hotel becauseit was on the I-5 on the way to our deatination (Fresno). Rooms: carpet was dirty.Matress was old and springy. Tv was a big old style box. Breakfast:waffles were ok.Cereal choices were corn flakes or coco crispies. No danishes, muffins, bagels, etc. One does NOT get their bang for their buck here.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2014
Mario
"Needs updating"
Cleanliness of room was ok but not great. Condition of room was not good; some moldings were missing, cover on AC Unit was falling off, holes in wall where picture or something used to hang. The movement sensor lighting was maddening...every time I rolled over in bed, the lights came back on. The breakfast was very limited and the waffle station looked like a bacteria lab project. This property needs to be updated.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
"Beware of Housekeeping!!"
They have a dishonest housekeeper!! Don't leave anything in your room. One of the maids is sleeping on a rather expensive down pillow at night. Hope she sleeps well!
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2013
"NIGHTMARE IN CASTAIC"
This was the worst traveling experience in my life. The pictures on the internet are very misleading and deceptive. The facility is disgusting and should be bulldozed. The rooms are ancient, as is the furniture. The bathtub had a layer of caked on crud and what appeared to be a scrub which dried like concrete. The bathroom fan was hanging off the wall. The furniture by what they call a pool was the quality of what you would find abandoned in an alley. The netting was loose and offered no support. The only thing that would keep you from falling to the ground was the metal cross bars. The so called breakfast bar was also a joke and not worth the time. Weak coffee, juice, an old waffle iron, and cheap day old bread. The frustrating this is that I paid $79.09 for this room. I have stayed in much nicer places for the same price or less. I will never use Hotels.com again. They should send out mystery guest to rate the the lodgings they post on their website.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"Honest with me."
What I was billed on the internet was more than what the bill was upon check out. I made a few phone calls and the lower price was honored. Thanks!
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
Erythrea
"It's Similar to a 5 star KOA Cabin"
Our family of eight was able to get away for a needed vacation. We needed two rooms. They were kind enough to put us right next to each other. We chose to be several miles from Magic Mountain because no one could come close to the price that the Travelodge gave us for these two rooms. There was a difference in price as far as what Expedia had and what the price was upon check out. I have called Expedia and hope to receive a refund of about $150. The breakfast in the morning is light, but satisfying. We intended on staying at the motel as little as possible, so we didn't care about spending a lot on a nice room. The rooms are dated. Don't expect the vents in the bathroom to be dust free. They probably get dusted once a year, if that. I have slept in better beds, but after a long day of play I slept like a rock. The water for the shower stayed hot. Overall, I consider myself lucky to have stayed here. I consider it a 5 star KOA cabin.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Juanito
"Ok but eh"
It was ok but I had change stolen from a side table that I left it on when I came back to the room it was clean but my change was gone
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Barely worth it"
Both the interior and exterior are old and need improvement. Exterior steps and walkways are in disrepair and some are blocked off. Bathroom tile is cracked and broken. Faucet was "loose". Floor was damp near the refrigerator. Furniture is old, and TV was too small. Tried to call another room, and their phone wasn't even connected to the outlet. Stayed there because of the rate -- Guess you get what you pay for! Never again....
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Clean, inexpensive and close to Magic Mountain"
I didn't expect much because it was inexpensive. It was exactly what I hoped for and even a little bit better. The pool was open in October which was a plus. Breakfast included a waffle bar, which I didn't expect. I had a mini fridge and an ironing board, which I didn't expect either. It wasn't super nice but it was clean. A great place to sleep close to Magic Mountain. I'd stay here again (until I make more money and up my hotel stays)
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Satisfied"
5 miles from Magic Mountian, Room was clean but beds hard. Ok for one or two nights. Staff and waffles terrific.ould recommend after a long day at the park.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Elle
"Not so Clean"
Room was just barely clean enough to stay. Chairs were all stained and smelled bad. Trash and coins on floor. Obviously the management does not inspect the cleanliness of the room!
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Convenient for business conducted in the area"
Clean, quiet, and convenient to variety of fast food shops.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Ron
"worst hotel ever"
The hotel was horrible. I asked for a non smoking room and everyroom I had smelled like straight smoke I had to change rooms 4 times for a two day visit the ac was broke in my first room. The hotel was full of truckers the rooms where old. My overall experience was terrible there.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
leilani
"Convenient to my temp. work location"
Quiet and secure. Lots of places to eat (fast food) in immediate vicinity. Rested well.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Ron
"Mouldy flat pillows"
Our first night we'd checked in too late to do anything about the mouldy flat pillows, so had to put towels over them. Unfortunately it was too late for me to get a refund for the second night. I complained to the front desk about the pillows, and the pillows were replaced thankfully.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"convenient to magic mountain, affordable"
The hotel was adequate for the price, but the big down size is the area around the hotel. It's basically a giant truck stop with the road the hotel is on filled with tractor trailers parked and coming and going. I would not stay there again for this reason.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
The amenities and building structure were antiquated in desperate need of remodeling. However, the hotel was clean and had wifi access.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Cheap one."
Dirty rooms, breakfast OK, staff great. If you want to save money, come here, if you want a pleasant stay, go somewhere more expensive.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"After Six Flags Stay"
We purchased these rooms via Expedia and were affordable due to only looking for somewhere to rest for the night after our all day Six Flags fun. We checked in quickly and room was very comfortable. There were little things that needed fixing but nothing that will not let me sleep. The rooms and area was very quiet. One of my kids didnt not bring extra clothes and I was happy with the facility having a laundry room. Hotel provided me with the quarters and laundry soap at $1.00. The complementary breakfast was good too, I arrived late and had planned to eat somewhere else but i did sneak in to grab my 1 & 2yr Milk and Cereal. Overall I was happy with the room
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Good to go...."
My 4 kids and I stayed in 2 rooms next to each other we enjoyed the breakfast and heated pool so much could barely tear them away to go to magic mountain, will definately Stay there again and also recommend
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Doris
"Best staff ever!"
I called to inform the staff I would be late to check in it was no problem hotel staff was great told me were the local target was located.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
foam
"Nice location"
Room was clean and smelled nice. At the end of my stay I did find a bug but just 1, but everything was nice...
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
motel in badly need of renovation(old & dirtly). front desk staff friendly and knowlegable.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
i.fin
Beds to hard to sleep on.
4 night business trip Jun 26, 2013