All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America
28100 Franklin Road, Southfield, MI, 48034, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9484

• Value
Not good rooms were nasty i saw 3 all were the same
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
lynette
"Pleasant Stay"
The hotel was great place to stay. The suite floor plan was sweet. The kids could watch tv in the sitting area, while I watched in the bedroom. The furniture was family oriented. There was enough space for all of us. The food choices and taste were excellent. It was very clean. There were three elevators. Coffee was out most of the day. The staff was also very accommodating and friendly. My only real complaint was regarding Handicap parking. It was nowhere near the front. In fact it was around the corner and down about 200 ft, which made it very difficult since I didn't have someone to drop me off at the front door. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Dawn
"housekeeping needs to step it up"
Housekeeping only came once (four night stay). The one time they came-bed made, wet towels left on bed. trash can was the only thing emptied. third day, they did not even come, despite having left the room at 11a. Breakfast was just enough in the morning to get you started. There was a really friendly guy the first day, the next couple of days, the lady-not so much. room key didn't not work only one day. bed very comfortable.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
"CONSTRUCTION AT HOTEL"
This is a nice hotel with spacious rooms in a convenient location. However, they should tell you when much of town is blocked off, closed or noisy due to construction (which they did not when I booked). I would make sure the construction is finished before booking. He may have to call the hotel to make sure i I would make sure the construction is finished before booking. He may have to call the hotel to ensure this.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"satisfied"
This hotel is currently being renovated and when it's done it will be awesome. The breakfast buffet was awesome with made to order omelets, fresh waffles and many other great choices. The dinning room is up-graded and nice. The pool was cold, but the room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Overall it was a great experience and I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Disappointment and Aggravation"
When first trying to check in we had two rooms, which they located 3 floors apart, and mixed them up. One was a king bed the other 2 doubles, but the keys he gave us were switched. Once we got that squared away and I checked into my room w/the doubles, the carpet in the living room was stained with 2 huge stains (at least 12 inches around) and multiply other stains. It was disgusting - to say the least. Then about 10 pm two men tried to get into my room because they, too, had been assigned to that room number. The whole weekend it was a fiasco with our door keys. Mine worked fine, but my son in our other room had to go down 3 different times because his key wouldn't open the door. My granddaughter from California also had a room and when they checked in at 11:30 pm they had to go back down for another key because theirs wouldn't open the door. Just totally unlike an Embassy Suites. I have stayed in others around the country, and even in this one, but nothing ever like this experience,.
Other trip May 11, 2015
E J
"ok but not for the money"
Did not get a wake up.call Could have missed a family funeral
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"A Birthday Getaway"
I wanted to do something different for my birthday, but I didn't have a lot of money and I had my 15 month old son with me. I was a little nervous because of the price I paid I thought it was going to be like a 1/2 star look and feel. Let me just say from the time I walked in the doors the hotel was nothing but beautiful. The staff made you feel right at home and there was always something to do and so many places around the hotel; they even have a shuttle bus if you don't have a car. Lastly they even had breakfast right down stairs that you can eat and enjoy in your PJ's. Anyways my experience was so wonderful I could go on and on but got save room for someone else's comment but trust me if you haven't been to The Embassy Hotel recently you got to GO!!!!
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
corenda
"Nice, excellent breakfast with a hot breakfast bar"
See above, remodeling which was nice but room was an accessible suite.
Other trip May 2, 2015
RJ
"Not Horrible"
Our room didn't have a tray in the microwave, the Manager's reception needs more options for food selection, and they ran out of some selections for breakfast after an hour.
2 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
Deidra
"Simply Amazing"
Awesome customer service. Great breakfast selection.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Joyelle
It was cool
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Victor
"Wonderful week at Embassy Suites of Southfield,Mi"
I stayed a week, it was great, the breakfast and evening happy hour were fantastic. It was a birthday present and I had a great time. The staff was always friendly and accomodating. Mrs. Melissa King arranged a special room for my guest.(of course,I paid)
7 night trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great breakfast buffet!!"
Only 2 downsides..Courtyard & water features were undergoing renovation.. Icemaker on our floor inoperable..and desiring to just walk to next floor, was then locked out of every entry door of every floor except lobby door.. Breakfast buffet was awesome..made to order omelets and other wonderful choices.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Fl guy and gal
"A Wonderful Stay"
Everything was excellent. We had originally booked at another hotel in the area, but after one night we simply had to leave. Even though we were booking at this Embassy Suites in the morning, we were still allowed to check in to our room early. The accommodations were excellent, the daily breakfast was delicious, and the employees were polite and helpful. Also, the property is close to the freeway, so it was easy for us to get to where we were going as we headed out each day. The next time we're in town, we'll definitely stay there.
3 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Henry
"Surprised"
Wonderful entry, filthy room furniture and carpet, leaky tub faucet
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Tondaleia
Front desk r very nice... Kindly friendly But reconstruction nosing is bothering..
10 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
So
"very nice hotel"
My stay was wonderful.. this was the best hotel that I've stayed in so far!!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Stacy
"Embassy in Southfield"
Was in Detroit for the National Cheer Championships at the Cobo Center.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Stephen
"Loved it"
everything was amazing except for the construction going on!
4 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Alexandra
Great will be back
2 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Nice location disappointed this visit"
I have stayed here before and got better service. Setting a side the fact that they were under construction. We asked for extra linen our first night and never got it. We asked for a late check out and it was not an issue, however when we got up to get dressed there was no hot water to take a shower. I was not impressed. Maybe the next time I am in the area service will be better. Not happy with this visit.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
sick in MI
"Comfortable Getaway"
It was a great weekend getaway,the only problem was some contruction going on and no hot breakfast like said it the pamplet... and the security was a little rude but for the most part i would visit again...
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
pierre
"Eager to Serve But Not Well Trained"
Hotel was under construction - no problem. Front desk help seemed confused and not well trained. Happy hour was serving older room temperature wine and slightly cool beer - the staff did not seem to understand what wasn't right. They were trying...but appeared to be not well trained which to me was a theme of this hotel. I don't think the help staff was well trained - but were trying. Good omelet chef at breakfast in the morning.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Meat locker cold room"
I was totally shocked a taken aback at this Embassy suites as I've stayed at quite a few of them over the years. First of all they were in the middle of a renovation which isn't the worst thing because I've stayed at hotels during a reno and they still make sure the guests are comfortable. Here are my complaints; The room was cold! after I turned up the thermostat all the way, the living room was bearable but the bedroom felt like a meat locker, the "restaurant" didn't have many choices and up on check out it took about and hour to get out of there as most of the patrons had complaints and as I checked out I wasn't asked how my stay was nor was I thanked for staying there. I'll never stay at this particular Embassy Suites again. It has me a little apprehensive about trying any other ones I've never been to before but I think it was just the people running this particular one.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Wait til the construction is over..."
The construction was a HUGE issue the weekend I was there also because of the cold and their hot water heater broke. No water or cold water both days..... The breakfast was wonderful. The room was really delightful and I can tell it will be amazing when it is done. The noise and the dust was not an issue for me, but to some it might. I do think the front desk was doing the best they could. I got very small credit for the inconvenience of no water.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Crystal
"horrible visit"
This was the most difficult hotel I've been to! They tried to cancel my room then tried to give me a used room then final got a room that was very cold and over charged me not ever going back! PS still haven't got my money back they over charged me
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
regina
"trouble"
it was a ok saty was the best during construction so it was a little uncomfortable and my radio gps was stolen from my car in the park and lot.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
Kenyatta
Hotel was great, the only complaint I have is the bed was a little uncomfortable.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Excellent for business; very good good"
If it was not for the major construction the hotel is undergoing (main lobby) I would give it a straight 5! But even despite the construction the hotel feels cozy and the people are very nice. You don't need to go out to eat, their restaurant is excellent, including room service. Breakfast buffet is much larger than in other hotels, with fresh fruit, breakfast eggs prepared on the spot, and a large selection of everything else. Great hotel!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Biminiblue
"Being refreshed, it needs it"
This hotel is conveniently located, and currently (Jan 2015) being updated. the public areas are close to being ready, but the rooms need to be refreshed.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Suzanne
"Ehhh, needs the renovation done now"
Hotel undergoing renovations - there are badly needed, looked like a hotel from the 80's. Beds were old, not that great. Rooms were very dated.
1 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
It was fine. Cocktail hour was a nice surprise. Room is basic however.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Leaves something to be desired"
Left feeling a little disappointed. There was major remodeling going on in the main lobby area, though noise was not an issue. There was, however a general shabbiness to the carpets and furniture in some rooms. There were some stains in the "living" area of the suite, and chips/dings in the furniture in some places. I also saw a few bits of trash and food in the hallway floor. Some of the elevator buttons were falling off. Overall it seems like it could be a very nice hotel, if they spent more effort on general upkeep and cleaning, and less effort on the large-scale remodel. I didn't interact with the staff much, but overall they were pleasant and professional in their interactions with me.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Jonathan
"Family weekend stay"
The staff was pleasant. I knew the hotel was under construction so that wasn't a surprise. The place will look pretty sharp when it's done. I went in the winter time, by my gosh it was hot in the hotel. Even my room. It was so warm, I wanted to turn my AC on. I didn't want to call down to the desk. Imagine that call "excuse me can you turn the heat down to the entire hotel ;)"The managers reception was nice and the bartender was very friendly. Breakfast was good too. I will be going back.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
SC
The hotel amenities were fine, but I did not find the room to be too clean... needed dusting, there was hair from previous occupants in the room, drain was clogged in the bathtub and that also needed to be cleaned.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Again"
Another awesome stay. Great(free)drinks and appitizers in the evening and even more awesome breakfast with eggs to order in the am. This is a very nice hotel and will be even better when construction is done.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"A great place to stay..."
Family stay over Thanksgiving weekend in a hotel that is under construction...Not the first time we have stayed here and have always had a great experience. Very clean sheets, excellent value! Free breakfasts are a plus, but the breakfast area was under construction and the breakfast area was woefully understaffed for a holiday weekend! Sofa bed in room was broken, but management was very apologetic and refunded a portion of our stay!!! Will stay there again!
5 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Hotel was under renovations, however it was clean and orderly. Staff was very helpful room was very nice and the food was excellent.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
TWANA
"Construction zone."
The lobby and breakfast area are under construction, making it difficult to rate. The room itself was fine.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Patrice
"Weekend Away"
My husband and I stayed two nights here for a concert at the Palace. The staff was welcoming and helpful, the view of the sky and the town from the 5th floor was delightful, and although our room was right across from the elevator, it was surprisingly quiet. Complementary evening reception and cooked-to-order breakfast provided variety, were served in a relaxing atmosphere (or you could have it delivered to your room, or take back to your room), and were an added bonus to the affordable cost of our suite. The only disappointment we endured (and this is minor), was that the hotel is mid-renovations; scaffolding, drywall, half-finished projects littered the extremely grand 8-floor-high center area (that is visible by the hallway balconies and through the elevator glass). Also as a result of renovations, the temperature in the room was a bit uncontrolled (cold at times and hard to get warm or vice verse). I am confident once renovations are complete, these issues will be resolved and I'm looking forward to being in the area again to see the changes that have taken place.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Erika
"Disappointed in the quality"
The main areas are under renovation (dec 2014). The rooms are badly in need of renovation. Don't plan on a decent breakfast while the renovation is in progress (all of the hot items were cold and there were lines for everything due to the lack of space).
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Lousy staff. If under construction, then avoid."
Construction? Looked like someone repossessed everything from the interior of the hotel. There was nothing! Check-in was working off a folding table. Wish I had read the reviews prior to booking. Been under construction for 3 months and nothing was improved upon. BAD! We arrived just before 11 pl and the bar was already closed. Rudest restaurant employees ever(and I am a chef!) Took 15 minutes to get an elevator to go to breakfast. Stood 5 minutes waiting for a table to be cleared off so we could sit down. Finally just sat at bar at 10:25. Breakfast ended at 10:30 Wife went to get her breakfast and I stayed behind with our luggage as I just didn't feel safe inside this place. By the time she returned, they were taking down the buffet, right in front of me! Never got anything to drink cause the buffet ended at 10:30! Never again. Read the reviews first!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Don
Very nice hotel with super friendly staff. My mini fridge was frozen and they replaced immediately. Doing a little construction in the lobby but it didn't cause any inconvenience at all.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"The getaway"
Hotel under construction was a distraction under than that stay was ok.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Judy
"The best hotel in Michigan"
Thanks for having me in that hotel , this is the best hotel that I have been to . They took their customers as the best and they treat them as kings. I love the hotel because they are always there when you call and they talk to you nicely, they are so lovely and they are so respectful.i will always recommend my friends ,families.i love this hotel and I will return again
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
ade
"Room is excellent"
under renovation on the lobby and 1st floor. Room was faced highway and bit noisy but junior suit space. BF is good.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Katsumi
"Still Great"
Great stay !! The hotel is under construction, but yet they still feature the free cocktail/appitizer hour from 5:30-7:30 pm and Great breakfast buffet in the restraunt instead of the normal area. Construction was not a problem at all. We loved this hotel already cant wait until it's done !
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Will never go there again"
I'm very disappointed that I was not advised that the hotel was under construction. Then we get to the room and the bathroom was loud, the dinette sink leaked and there was paint on the furniture, the chairs at the table were so stained I did not sit in them. The staff was great, the food was good. Tried to go to the pool Sunday morning and it was closed, no fault of the hotel, but some of the patrons were very rowdy. Staying at this hotel was the low point of my birthday trip.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Renovation"
If I knew that this hotel was going through a major renovation I never would have booked this hotel for my stay, There were also a group of cheer leaders running through the hotel during the early morning hours. The breakfast buffet was cold even under the warming trays.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014