All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here110 Miller Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Great Weekend Experience"
Great!!
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Stewart
"Would not stay there again"
Overall it is an OK hotel because it is in a very good location. But the elevator is very old and the doors will hit before it stops closing and opens back up. The elevator buttons on the third floor doesn't light up and you have to keep pressing it about 7 times before the elevator will activate to come to the floor. The room I stayed in (room 321) had a mildew smell and the bed is old and hard. The toilet would flush after pressing the handle 3 times. The breakfast was good and the hotel staff was very friendly.
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Friendly staff, old hotel"
The staff was courteous and customer service oriented. It is simply an old property in need of a makeover.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"Clean and updated hotel in central Winston Salem"
Had a wedding in downtown and didn't want to pay the higher fees for closeby hotel rooms so we chose this one. Very good price and only a 7 minute drive from downtown. It's basically on the outskirts of a shopping center with a Panera Bread and Harris Teeter so you can grab anything you may have left at home.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Emily
"Comfortable, clean hotel with helpful staff."
Comfortable, clean hotel. Helpful staff.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Wake Forrest Baptist Hospital"
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West four nights. We were looking for a hotel near Wake Forrest Baptist Hospital. The hotel is the closest to the hospital, and within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast had a nice variety and exceeded our expectations. A family member called and requested some items to be put in our room prior to our arrival. The staff ensured the request was taken care of. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
"BAD DECISION"
Just a terrible experience with respect to amenities. The TV's barely work at all - nothing but static on all but a few channels. No concessions made though I stayed ofr three nights at 150 per night by the time taxes were included. DO NOT book this hotel. They are way behind others of the same price. How can a hotel sell you a room with no TV for 150 dollars with a straight face ?
3 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"The Finest of Hotels"
Our stay at this hotel was the best experience we could ask for... The staff , all went above and beyond our expectations. Very courteous, knowledgeable of the area and helpful in all aspects.....the hotel itself was clean ... The breakfast buffet was always awesome... We would definitely stay here again.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
Paul and Robine
"Best value and location in Oak Bluffs"
We stayed at the Surf Side Inn over a beautiful August weekend. The Inn is right across the street from the ferry and the marina. You could not ask for a better location in Oak Bluffs. We walked everywhere as everything was right there. The staff was exceptional. Everyone was extremely nice, and ready to help with any questions or services that we needed. The rooms are clean, with a nice little open closet area to store your bags and hang your clothes. Definitely made the room more comfortable. We spent some down time having drinks in the courtyard, which was nicely maintained and made you feel a little secluded. Overall, this was a great hotel for the money. The rates were the cheapest in the area, so I was concerned that it was a dirty hotel. However, I was extremely happy that my worries were completely wrong. Great value, Great location, and Awesome staff/owners.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for the 5-star review Mike!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Close to Wake Forest"
Convenient, comfortable, adequate breakfast. Queen size beds were a luxury, I am finding many hotels now have doubles. Good stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for your kind 5-star review Sherie R. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Sherie R
"Gross hotel!"
You couldn't pay me to stay here. I changed rooms 3 times and all of them smelled like mildew. When I complained to the staff, they asked if I wanted Lysol. The bedspread was dirty and there was also hair in the shower. Do not waste your money.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for your feedback Jd. It is our job as managers to ensure quality of service to all of our guests. I would like to take this time to apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. I do hope that this will not hinder you from trying our hotel again in the future.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Jd
The room had a musty odor in it. I would not stay there again!!!
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
k
I loved the area and my saty was excellent.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
kunitra hinton
"Hotel close to medical facility was a plus."
In the middle of the summer, the pool could not be used! We'd so looked forward to a swim after doctor visit. It would take up to 3 swipes with the key card to open the door to our room. soft drinks were not available on the bottom floor, only on the upper floors. Not very comfortable with the window curtains as they were partially sheer Check-in staff didn't offer to make available a luggage gurney until I asked for one and weren't very attentive (seemed distracted with other work) and didn't inform us that the pool was closed until we asked how to access it
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Everything perfect...except the pillows!"
I rated "comfort of room" a 4 because of the pillows. They are too mushy, and offer no support. This must have come up before, because the pillow cases are embroidered with the words "soft" or "firm". But, trust me, even the firm is soft! I wish I had brought my own pillow (ok, it's a temperpedic, so it's VERY firm). Otherwise our stay was perfect!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Hotel desperately needs renovation - bathroom ceiling peeling, carpet stained everywhere, air conditioning in the gym wasn't working and it was so hot it seemed that the heat was actually running. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful and I will never stay at a HHI again.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"No Complaints"
I am a picky traveler however, I was very pleased with this hotel. It was very clean and the seems to have been recently refurbished. The breakfast was lovely. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Dark depressing rooms"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was first rate.The rooms were dark and depressing. They charge $16.95 a day for HBO. The internet was very slow and the connection failed several times. The continental breakfast was very bad. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Convenient hotel"
Hotel staff are pleasant and location in near hospital and shopping and downtown. I stay there because it is close to family.
Other trip May 31, 2014
JB
Wonderful stay! Everything was great! I'm definitely going to stay here again when I come back to Winston-Salem.
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
Renee
"Good pizza in walking distance"
It was Memorial Day weekend, and the outdoor pool was not open b/c of maintenance issues. Disappointing b/c we drove 12 hours and needed to unwind. Walked a little for pizza then back to room to collapse. Beds were comfy and room very quiet. Breakfast was not very good, but it was free.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Elevator groans terribly, but staff and rooms are lovely.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Business Trip"
Rooms were updated and clean. Breakfast every morning was standard. Staff was friendly and helpful. Business center was great for me. A whole Foods up the street was great and convenient. Overall would definitely stay again.
10 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"Great experience"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean and the complimentary breakfast was great. We even used the hotel shuttle to get dropped off at dinner one night. We will definitely stay there again for our next trip to High Point Market.
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Allison
"After the storm"
One of the best nights of sleep ever-even though the hotel was completely full. Very comfortable room and the staff was very friendly. This hotel was packed full due to recent power outages caused by a winter storm. That may account for the condition of the hallways (sticky, debris on the floor.) Our individual room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good, but the design of the setup for getting food was a little cramped. With a full hotel, there were a lot of people at breakfast. The attendant was keeping everything full and stocked, but everyone had to fit between a tight space to get their food. It would be better if the design was open to get food...but not the hotel staff's fault! Location was right downtown, very close to Baptist and Brenner's hospital. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Chaas
"Holiday Inn Express"
Very convenient location, walking distance to restaurants, pharmacy, grocery store and other essentials. Hotel is a little worn and don't expect your room to be perfect. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if there are problems they will try to fix them. I have stayed in this hotel about 6 nights on 3 different occasions. Last stay my room smelled like smoke although it was a non-smoking room (they offered to try and move us). Last stay the bathtub drain did not work. I will probably stay here again on my next visit to Winston Salem so I will recommend this hotel, just beware it is not perfect.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Sue
"Concern about safety"
When we entered the room we had been given, we discovered it was occupied, so we had to travel back down a very slow elevator to inform staff. No one apologized for the error, and we were concerned about how many keys to occupied rooms they were giving out -- what if a complete stranger had access to our room??? In addition, we were sold a Standard Room (2 beds) on Hotels.com, but upon arrival were given a King room (one bed). They were sold out, this was the only room available. I will never stay at this particular hotel again.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
I didn't spend much time at the hotel as I was in town for a funeral but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room wa a little tired but clean. Thanks for a great night's sleep.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"very good"
very good hotel, elevator didn't work when we stay, other than that 1comfortable hotel
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
T.K.
"Very convenient to Wake-Forest Baptist Hospital"
Staff - great. Ink stains on carpet. No curtains to close to block out parking lot lights.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Holiday Inn Express near Baptist Hospital."
Motel was decent. Cold not get WIFI to connect. Called desk, clerk said he would come up to fix it. He never came. Also toilet would run off and on all night.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Nice to be so close to the hospital!"
Dad was in the hospital and it was nice to be so close to the hospital. Rooms were very clean, bed slept great, breakfast was good. Ceilings, room carpet and walls could use some upkeep as the age is starting to show in the rooms but overall would recommend and would stay again.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Lone Traveler
"Residency Interview Stay"
We had a double room at Winston /Salem. The staff was friendly as well as helpful with travel advice and restaurant tips. BUT the most impressive part of our stay was the cleaning staff!!! The rooms were immaculate, the bed were totally moved, mattresses upright, vacuumed under the bed stand. The air vents were removed,coils dusted and cover wiped down. I was very impressed.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
llc
"Nice facility - little improvements needed"
The facility was very nice and the room very comfortable. However I went to my first room and there were people asleep in it. Clearly problematic. This was a week after a daylight savings time change and the clocks in my room had not been set back. Finally, there was something melted on the iron that came off on the shirt I had to wear. For the price the hotel served its purpose but attention to small details would make a world of difference.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Needs Updating!"
This hotel was decent, but not worth the rate that I paid. It is in desperate need of upgrades. There was an old musty smell in lobby and elevator. My shower didn't work and maintenance responded the next day, but it was only partially fixed. I would find another hotel for a return trip. I would consider staying there again only at a much lower rate. I paid for much more than I received.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Erin Staples
There was a issue with the water but was taken care of in a well professional matter. Hope to be in the area again and will stay at the holiday inn express again
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Toilet seat loose. Flushing didnot have a lot of pressure. Afraid it was going to clog. Room 312
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Room smelled badly like urine"
Nice friendly staff. Some mold in shower. Room smell badly like urine and the staff didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2013
Jack
"Very convenient hotel close to hospital , downtown"
The hotel become one of my favorite in Winston Salem
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Majid
"Great access to Wake Forest - Hotel needs TLC"
Convenient to Wake Forest. Hotel needs major TLC with carpet/paint etc would be a major improvement.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"covenient to hospital"
we liked the beds
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
"Visiting Friends"
Spent four nights at your hotel in August. It was a pleasant stay and the hotel was very clean. It is centrally located and convenient to everything. Would recommend it highly.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Wayne
"Very close to Wake Med"
Quiet, v.g breakfast, well lit pkg. area, close to lots of varied shopping
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Audrey`
"Location is its main appeal"
Typical run of the mill hotel. The rate is too high for the amenities and the room itself. Room is on the tiny side, and the noise from the hallway goes on all night.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Smelly, loud, and uncomfortable"
The hotel staff was very friendly. However, the room smelled musty, the beds were extremely uncomfortable, and we heard a lot of hall noise. We could also hear the guests above us. The bedding/linens also seemed dingy, but that may have been my perception because of the way the room smelled. It was just not a comfortable night's sleep. We stopped there on the way to the beach, and I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. I will not be returning to a Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Trading on the name"
Normally, HIE is a pretty trustworthy name...not the finest hotel, but clean, comfortable...This one had many issues. First room smelled like mildew. The staff, however, did promptly get us into a new room and it was better. The desk chair was falling apart. The elevator had no fan and was like a sauna (and it stunk). The one positive - the bed was comfortable. Would not return without hearing about improvements.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased that the staff promptly attempted to correct the situation, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while our guest. We will utilize your feedback to correct the deficiencies you pointed out. Again, I would like to extend my heartfelt apology. Sincerely, Cliff Greene General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown West, Winston Salem NC
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"This was BY FAR the WORST Holiday Inn Express EVER"
I travel and stay in hotels throughout the country weekly. In the past 3 months I have stayed in over 15 different Holiday Inn Express and this one in Winston Salem NC was SO HORRIBLE!!! From the moment we checked in until we checked out this weekend stay at this hotel was uncomfortable... the room was muggy, and was not clean at all!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do strive to exceed the expectations of everyone who stays with us. It is very disappointing to hear of the impression you had of the property. This is not the typical experience received by our guests and I extend my most sincere apology to you. We do pride ourselves in giving excellent service and will discuss your experience with our entire team. Sincerely, Cliff Greene General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown West, Winston Salem NC
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Disapponted
floors and bed were very damp
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
tl
THis hotel is a bit off the beaten path and took a while to find. However, it is an excellent hotel. The staff was courteoius. Our room was very nice.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
"If only they'd lose the cigarette smoking area"
A perfectly clean, outstanding hotel. Exceptional housekeeping staff. Front desk late night staff could be a little more helpful and friendly, but this is a find of a property, otherwise. If ONLY they could lose the cigarette smoking area at the back door, where everyone seems to stand and smoke around a cigarette butt post. Who likes walking through this? And why would management not get rid of it? Could be because employees stand and smoke here. A bad impression anyway you look at it. There is also a bench out front, where smokers congregate. A horrible first impression, and who wants to walk through smoke to board a shuttle or other transportation?
6 night business trip Apr 17, 2013