All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here110 Miller Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Will stay again"
We stayed on our way at your property in Statesville. It had newer mattresses, TV's and overall newer look. Both stays were enjoyable and I will seek out the chain in future travels. Staff at both locations were top notch and friendly.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great hotel for everyone!"
Only problem we had was finding the hotel.. We didn't realize it was a "sw" southwest street so at first our gps took us to a neighborhood where obviously our hotel was not. Breakfast was great! Location was perfect (after we found it) Hotel was clean and updated!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Mediocre hotel"
Rooms are old, airconditioning too noisy, the curtains do not block light from parking lot. Breakfast was decent
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"Comfortable Clean & Convenient"
I stay here very often, when going to High Point for work. Worth the half hour drive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Parking lot lighting was just dramatically improved. Still need to rid the back entrance of a nasty ashtray and smoking. A constant bad first impression, or reminder, when entering or exiting in this area. Large breakfast bar is free and generally good, although my last visit, it was a little weak. Manager is very nice and helpful, which makes a difference. If only that squeaky elevator could be oiled!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2013
The staff was very friendly and helpful. After 9 p.m. there was loud talking in the hall that disturbed me. Outside in the parking lot, I was approached by a strange man. He was walking with a cane and had a duffle bag. He approached my car window and asked if I would be so kind to help him. I stated no and then he left.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013
"Very near Baptist Hospital"
It made the visit to the hospital less disruptive. The convenience of location and the attention by the staff made the visit tolerable.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"Close to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, that's all."
We stayed here because it was so close to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, so our main selling point was achieved. The beds were fine, the showers worked, so most of our needs were covered for the 2 nights we stayed. There were numerous problems, though: 1) As soon as I walked into the room, I took off my shoes and stepped on a nail that stabbed the bottom of my foot. It was a small (clean) nail but still, it drew blood, not the welcome I was hoping for. 2) The toilet barely worked. 3) The TV was almost completely useless. It had plenty of channels and a channel guide in front of it but none of the channels were clear enough to watch. Most were completely scrambled. 4) There was no "do not disturb" sign so housekeeping woke us first thing in the morning after a late night at the hospital. 5) The curtains don't close so if you don't want to get up at dawn, you'll need to pull some blankets off the bed and hang them on the curtain rods.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2013
Excellent hotel. New, nice and clean with a very courteous staff. Would stay again.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2012
"Convenient but disappointing."
I was disappointed in this hotel. While outwardly it looked clean the room just had an overriding musty smell. Much of the furniture was scratched or in cosmetic disrepair. It was however very convenient to the medical center which is why we were there. The breakfast buffet was very nice as well.
Other trip Nov 2, 2012
Shauna
"Tired and worn"
Very nice staff, good complimentary breakfast selection. The hotel is getting old and tattered -- "gunky", discolored sealant in the bathroom, very worn out carpets, scarred furniture. Too bad. This is a good location, but I will not stay here again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
The hotel was average, not great, but not bad either. The air conditioner in my room wasn't working properly so it was a bit muggy.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2012
"Very good but two suggestions for improvement."
I appreciated how fresh and clean both the bedroom and the bathroom were. My only suggestion is that there be some sort of chair besides the desk chair. One other thing is that the layout for the complimentary breakfast, which was quite okay, led to congestion. There needs to be more room between the two lines of food and beverages.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Barb
"Room had moisture problem"
The first room we were given had carpet that was noticeably damp and the room smelled like a wet dog. The staff was very friendly and responsive and very quickly got us a new room. That room wasn't as damp but it had no ventilation to the outside, causing the shower steam to linger, which caused the entire room to be damp and musty. The pancake machine was broken and the waffle maker was absent. I will not be staying there again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
"Very good hotel"
One of the best continental breakfasts I have had...large selection and variety. Rooms kept very clean. Beds somewhat firm for my taste. Overall good hotel. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Great staff, reasonable rates"
The free breakfast is awful but a little place right down the street called "Cagneys" is a GREAT and inexpensive breakfast choice.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Convenient Location, Nice Hotel"
This hotel is conveniently located near many Winston- Salem destinations. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was average with a few hot items offered. Our children enjoyed the outdoor pool. We would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2012
D
I love staying with you when I am in Winston Salem. Our room is always spotless. When we walk in we both say "what a joy to stay where it is so clean, the sofa is comfortable and the bed is like home". I have never seen any bathroom as clean as yours are; everytime we come. It is a good feeling that even though we are coming for a doctors appointment, we know our visit with Holiday Inn Express makes it an enjoyable stay. Thanks for all your efforts that why we never stay anywhere else. Thanks
1 night trip Jul 18, 2012
"close to wake forest"
great location and convenient to Wake Forest. Just walked over to shopping center for dinner and was able to get a haircut the next morning.Will definitely stay
1 night trip Jul 10, 2012
"Great location, not so great room"
We found the location of this hotel to be very good--easy to get to local sights, and convenient to major roads and highways. Generally, this is an older hotel building that has been renovated, but it is not well-maintained beyond the lobby. The cleanliness of the room left much to be desired. Both the sleeping area and bathroom needed a thorough cleaning. I wiped off very visible dirt in several areas on the bathroom door--mainly by the lever handle on the door (an area that should be thoroughly cleaned daily). The carpet looked fairly new, but was very dirty and matted from wear. The blanket on the bed looked like it had not been properly laundered--there were sticky spots all over it (looked like candy or something gummy). Not a good impression when you are tired and not sure the linens on the bed are clean. Breakfast was good and fresh, and well stocked. Front desk staff were friendly and polite--nothing outstanding, but acceptable.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2012
Great hotel for overnight stay clean and comfortable
1 night trip Jul 4, 2012
"smell was unbearable"
carpet was damp, wallpaper was falling off the wall, the room smelled like mold and the area around the hotel is nowhere for families to be.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2012
m stewart
"Art centers within 3 miles - great convenience"
Enjoyed the stay. Breakfast was very fresh and tasty. Hotel staff very friendly.
2 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2012
clb
"Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West"
The hotel was very clean... and the people that work there were polite and courtesy. I would definitely come back again.:-)
1 night trip Jun 2, 2012
Lesley
"Good property while visiting Winston-Salem"
Clean, modern, efficient place. Very low price. Will definitely consider returning.
Other trip May 5, 2012
Glenn

"Worst Hotel Ever"
it was disgusting and not clean. Furthermore they gave my room away and i had to sleep a room with i king bed even though i booked queen beds. i waited an and half to get a room with a toilet that doesn't work.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"one night stay"
relatively new hotel, staff friendly and breakfast good, central location nothing to complain about
Other trip May 21, 2012
anna

"Um hotel muito bom"
Quarto é amplo e limpo com camas confortáveis. Ótimo localização que fica perto do Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital. e perto de tudo. Bem na frente do quarto passa I-40, mas não ouvi nenhum barulho dos carros. Café da manhã está simples e bom. Atendimento na recepção está ótimo e muito simpático. Única coisa que não gostamos foi camareira esqueceu limpar nosso quarto. Mas isso foi um acidente. Gostamos muito de ficar esse hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2014
BR
"可以再度住宿的飯店"
適合住宿的家庭飯店, 整體上算是方便, 可以免費停車, 可以免費上網, 又含早餐, 收費合理, 所以我會介紹朋友住宿.
Other trip May 28, 2013
TW
"I was satisfied"
Clear room and good breakfast! WiFi was always available. I was satisfied.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
3 night business trip Aug 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West

"Excellent Customer Service"
04/21/15 mbb3119 Erie, Pennsylvania
This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel for business and the second was even better than the first! The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. Ric was super and shuttled us all week wherever we wanted to go. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot every morning. Check in was seamless and we had hand written notes in all our rooms welcoming us from the sales manager. Just all around great staff. Would stay there again in a heart beat. It's hard to find genuine people that really care about their guests and I felt that here.
"Pleasantly surprised"
04/21/15 Cheryl J Horsham, PA
I am traveling for business and my room was paid for by the vendor I am visiting. When I saw it was a Holiday Inn Motel, I'll admit my expectations were low. I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised. The room is well appointed with a lot of little things that I like when traveling like a comfy little sofa, desk, luggage rack, frig and microwave. The furnishings are updated and nice. The bathroom was also updated, but the tub/shower is a bit tight. The worst thing about the room visually is the doors... the doors to the bathroom, hall and connecting room look really old and in need of repair compared to everything else. Doesn't really matter, just odd. Breakfast was pretty good, esp for being free. Staff was very nice.
"Ouch"
04/15/15 GeneStroia Southgate, Michigan
I reserved a room online. I called my boss and he said our group has rooms. I called to cancel and they said too bad. It is my last time going to Holiday Inn. I am so insulted as a preferred customer. It is over $700. The employees are very insulting.
"Awesome staff and management"
04/08/15 Toshawilson30
I love coming to this hotel! Everything is always wonderful! From the room, to the staff and management, to the location! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.It's very convenient to downtown and there are lots places to eat in walking distance!
"EXCELLENT"
03/30/15 Teresa G Winston Salem, North Carolina
Wonderful hotel. Ric, Lynette and Lisa were so great to help us. Made us feel at home. Great rooms, very clean, great breakfast bar. I will be staying here again for sure Very close to the Hanes mall. . Good location .Has a shuttle service
"Disappointing stay"
03/24/15 rogflash Mooresville, North Carolina
Had reservations booked through Wake Forest for business, we had two confirmed single rooms on our reservation, but because they had construction and were tight on space, they combined our rooms so we shared a double (they told us this at front desk), not a great start, hopefully they didn't double bill WFU! Shower faucet handle was loose and was hard to get working properly. Other than that stay was fine, typical Holiday Inn Express. I'm presuming the current construction was the cause of the sub-par stay I had and will hopefully improve!
"It's good and it's bad"
03/18/15 Aksarbenga Atlanta, Georgia
The hotel is, in many ways, is better than I expected. It is comfortable, clean, good breakfast, pleasant people, good location, but then misses on the small things. The ice machine doesn't work on the 2nd floor and hasn't for months. The vending machines on 2 and 3 were empty for my entire stay there (four days). The staff was unconcerned and simply told me to try other floors until I found one that worked. By the last day, all the machines were empty. The food they have in the "market" is limited. No sodas, no lean cuisines. It's great if you want Gatorade, water and Banquet meals and candy. After that, you're on your own. The view from my room was a dumpster, over-flowing with construction debris,which was scattering all around the parking lot. Not scenic. Also, the AC/heater under the window is a pain - you are either cold or hot - and it never stops running.
"Pleasant experience"
03/11/15 Rick B
covered all the basics with aplomb; wonderful breakfast although the atrium had a few leaks due to some heavy rain. The bed linens were great and the pillow was the best. Nice big screen TV with cable service....excellent Wi-Fi
"Two of my friends and I drove up to Winston for a JJ Grey & Mofro concert at Ziggy's for an overnight fun stay."
03/09/15 Dena T Huntersville, North Carolina
Winston Salem is a neat town close to Charlotte. A couple other hotels were booked for Thursday, March 5th so we booked a room a little farther away from the music venue at the Holiday Inn Express on Miller St. The room was very nice. Beds are comfortable. Check out is 11:00 a.m. We got back to the room late with hopes of sleeping in. We were in room 305. Approx 7:30 we awoke to the sounds of banging. There is apparently construction going on in the hotel. This was non-stop hammering. We were not able to sleep in. I showered and went down to the lobby to drink coffee and read the paper and did not feel like I had a good nights rest at all due to the early wake up caused by the continual hammering noises. For whatever reason the noises ceased around 10:30 (break time?). The coffee in the carafe thermos I did not find tasty. In the morning before we were leaving a staff knocked at the door not knowing we were still there to change out a printed TV movie list. She did not insist on coming back when we were checked out but wanted me to switch it out while she was at the door. Not classy service
"For a 5 star hotel person business at this hotel was a nice surprise!"
03/03/15 susanlynne18 Toronto, Canada
The company put me at the Holiday Inn Express which is not at all the hotel level I am used to. It was a very pleasant stay. I stayed in the King Leisure room which was good size, a nice desk and small sofa, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Clean bathroom and the room and hotel in general are clean. There were two buses of teens from some sports team and the room was still quiet at night. The staff were very young and tried very hard to help with anything I asked or needed. Breakfast comes with the room and since I am off carbs it was hard to eat but if you eat carbs there was tons of food. The hall public spaces are due for a reno but you don't feel the place is run down.