All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
110 Miller Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

THis hotel is a bit off the beaten path and took a while to find. However, it is an excellent hotel. The staff was courteoius. Our room was very nice.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
"If only they'd lose the cigarette smoking area"
A perfectly clean, outstanding hotel. Exceptional housekeeping staff. Front desk late night staff could be a little more helpful and friendly, but this is a find of a property, otherwise. If ONLY they could lose the cigarette smoking area at the back door, where everyone seems to stand and smoke around a cigarette butt post. Who likes walking through this? And why would management not get rid of it? Could be because employees stand and smoke here. A bad impression anyway you look at it. There is also a bench out front, where smokers congregate. A horrible first impression, and who wants to walk through smoke to board a shuttle or other transportation?
6 night business trip Apr 17, 2013
"Will stay again"
We stayed on our way at your property in Statesville. It had newer mattresses, TV's and overall newer look. Both stays were enjoyable and I will seek out the chain in future travels. Staff at both locations were top notch and friendly.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great hotel for everyone!"
Only problem we had was finding the hotel.. We didn't realize it was a "sw" southwest street so at first our gps took us to a neighborhood where obviously our hotel was not. Breakfast was great! Location was perfect (after we found it) Hotel was clean and updated!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Mediocre hotel"
Rooms are old, airconditioning too noisy, the curtains do not block light from parking lot. Breakfast was decent
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"Comfortable Clean & Convenient"
I stay here very often, when going to High Point for work. Worth the half hour drive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Parking lot lighting was just dramatically improved. Still need to rid the back entrance of a nasty ashtray and smoking. A constant bad first impression, or reminder, when entering or exiting in this area. Large breakfast bar is free and generally good, although my last visit, it was a little weak. Manager is very nice and helpful, which makes a difference. If only that squeaky elevator could be oiled!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2013
The staff was very friendly and helpful. After 9 p.m. there was loud talking in the hall that disturbed me. Outside in the parking lot, I was approached by a strange man. He was walking with a cane and had a duffle bag. He approached my car window and asked if I would be so kind to help him. I stated no and then he left.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013
"Very near Baptist Hospital"
It made the visit to the hospital less disruptive. The convenience of location and the attention by the staff made the visit tolerable.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"Close to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, that's all."
We stayed here because it was so close to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, so our main selling point was achieved. The beds were fine, the showers worked, so most of our needs were covered for the 2 nights we stayed. There were numerous problems, though: 1) As soon as I walked into the room, I took off my shoes and stepped on a nail that stabbed the bottom of my foot. It was a small (clean) nail but still, it drew blood, not the welcome I was hoping for. 2) The toilet barely worked. 3) The TV was almost completely useless. It had plenty of channels and a channel guide in front of it but none of the channels were clear enough to watch. Most were completely scrambled. 4) There was no "do not disturb" sign so housekeeping woke us first thing in the morning after a late night at the hospital. 5) The curtains don't close so if you don't want to get up at dawn, you'll need to pull some blankets off the bed and hang them on the curtain rods.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2013
Excellent hotel. New, nice and clean with a very courteous staff. Would stay again.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2012
"Convenient but disappointing."
I was disappointed in this hotel. While outwardly it looked clean the room just had an overriding musty smell. Much of the furniture was scratched or in cosmetic disrepair. It was however very convenient to the medical center which is why we were there. The breakfast buffet was very nice as well.
Other trip Nov 2, 2012
Shauna
"Tired and worn"
Very nice staff, good complimentary breakfast selection. The hotel is getting old and tattered -- "gunky", discolored sealant in the bathroom, very worn out carpets, scarred furniture. Too bad. This is a good location, but I will not stay here again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
The hotel was average, not great, but not bad either. The air conditioner in my room wasn't working properly so it was a bit muggy.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2012
"Very good but two suggestions for improvement."
I appreciated how fresh and clean both the bedroom and the bathroom were. My only suggestion is that there be some sort of chair besides the desk chair. One other thing is that the layout for the complimentary breakfast, which was quite okay, led to congestion. There needs to be more room between the two lines of food and beverages.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Barb
"Room had moisture problem"
The first room we were given had carpet that was noticeably damp and the room smelled like a wet dog. The staff was very friendly and responsive and very quickly got us a new room. That room wasn't as damp but it had no ventilation to the outside, causing the shower steam to linger, which caused the entire room to be damp and musty. The pancake machine was broken and the waffle maker was absent. I will not be staying there again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
"Very good hotel"
One of the best continental breakfasts I have had...large selection and variety. Rooms kept very clean. Beds somewhat firm for my taste. Overall good hotel. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Great staff, reasonable rates"
The free breakfast is awful but a little place right down the street called "Cagneys" is a GREAT and inexpensive breakfast choice.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"Convenient Location, Nice Hotel"
This hotel is conveniently located near many Winston- Salem destinations. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was average with a few hot items offered. Our children enjoyed the outdoor pool. We would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2012
D
I love staying with you when I am in Winston Salem. Our room is always spotless. When we walk in we both say "what a joy to stay where it is so clean, the sofa is comfortable and the bed is like home". I have never seen any bathroom as clean as yours are; everytime we come. It is a good feeling that even though we are coming for a doctors appointment, we know our visit with Holiday Inn Express makes it an enjoyable stay. Thanks for all your efforts that why we never stay anywhere else. Thanks
1 night trip Jul 18, 2012
"close to wake forest"
great location and convenient to Wake Forest. Just walked over to shopping center for dinner and was able to get a haircut the next morning.Will definitely stay
1 night trip Jul 10, 2012
"Great location, not so great room"
We found the location of this hotel to be very good--easy to get to local sights, and convenient to major roads and highways. Generally, this is an older hotel building that has been renovated, but it is not well-maintained beyond the lobby. The cleanliness of the room left much to be desired. Both the sleeping area and bathroom needed a thorough cleaning. I wiped off very visible dirt in several areas on the bathroom door--mainly by the lever handle on the door (an area that should be thoroughly cleaned daily). The carpet looked fairly new, but was very dirty and matted from wear. The blanket on the bed looked like it had not been properly laundered--there were sticky spots all over it (looked like candy or something gummy). Not a good impression when you are tired and not sure the linens on the bed are clean. Breakfast was good and fresh, and well stocked. Front desk staff were friendly and polite--nothing outstanding, but acceptable.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2012
Great hotel for overnight stay clean and comfortable
1 night trip Jul 4, 2012
"smell was unbearable"
carpet was damp, wallpaper was falling off the wall, the room smelled like mold and the area around the hotel is nowhere for families to be.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2012
m stewart

"Worst Hotel Ever"
it was disgusting and not clean. Furthermore they gave my room away and i had to sleep a room with i king bed even though i booked queen beds. i waited an and half to get a room with a toilet that doesn't work.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay, A verified traveller. I have informed our staff and maintenance team of your feedback. We are currently working on the problems at hand. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with to ensure that your next stay is a great one.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014

"Um hotel muito bom"
Quarto é amplo e limpo com camas confortáveis. Ótimo localização que fica perto do Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital. e perto de tudo. Bem na frente do quarto passa I-40, mas não ouvi nenhum barulho dos carros. Café da manhã está simples e bom. Atendimento na recepção está ótimo e muito simpático. Única coisa que não gostamos foi camareira esqueceu limpar nosso quarto. Mas isso foi um acidente. Gostamos muito de ficar esse hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2014
BR
"可以再度住宿的飯店"
適合住宿的家庭飯店, 整體上算是方便, 可以免費停車, 可以免費上網, 又含早餐, 收費合理, 所以我會介紹朋友住宿.
Other trip May 28, 2013
TW
"I was satisfied"
Clear room and good breakfast! WiFi was always available. I was satisfied.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
3 night business trip Aug 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West

"Quick and courteous"
06/30/15 Kendra S
We were traveling through Winston Salem late on a rainy night and needed a room ASAP. I booked this room on my tablet and within minutes I was ready to check in. I found the staff very courteous and helpful. They even helped us get our things in out of the rain. Since we have a handicapped child an extra hand is always appreciated.
"2 Night Stay"
06/28/15 Roger B
We were in town for a wedding at Reynolda Church. This location turned out to be very convenient and it had decent dining options within walking distance. We drove north towards the university several times for wedding related events, and loved looking at the beautiful homes! Service at the hotel was fine. The cinnamon rolls were good...as always!
"Good stay"
06/17/15 NC_Rambler Cary, NC
The Holiday Inn Express is not really downtown, so I'm not sure why Downtown is in the name. However, the location is convenient to the highway, and there is a grocery store next door, which is really helpful for an easy dinner. The hotel was good for an overnight stay for work. The room was clean and comfortable. The Wifi was strong, and breakfast was more than enough.
"I would not stay here again"
06/11/15 TravelerbyMotorcycle Omaha, Ne
I really question where all the positive reviews for this facility come from. It is not what I am used to from Holiday Inn Express. The lobby area is what I expect from HIE and the desk personel were very helpful, but in my opinion, that is where the positive experience ends. My opinion and observations: The chairs in the breakfast area were dirty. The carpet in the room was dirty. The drapes were dust laden. Hallways had peeling wallpaper. Places that had been repainted were painted very sloppy. The bathroom may have been updated, but there was overflowing caulking everywhere caulking was used. The closet clothes hanger was hanging off the wall. I have stayed in at least 100 HIE's, and in my opinion this is one of the worst. I am actually surprised HIE allows their name on this facility.
"Awesome"
05/30/15 Yvonne1291 Saint Peters, Missouri
We stayed there for two nights since we were visiting with my cousin who lived on 9 miles away. It was very convenient to restaurants and grocery store. Breakfast at the hotel was hot and fresh, with a large variety of choices to eat. The room was clean and spacious. They also had shuttle service to various locations within the area. Would stay there when I return again.
"Good and Bad issues"
05/30/15 Candace L
Being in Hospitality management and working for Holiday inn for many years .The hotel has great ratings but beware of overbooking and being told you have to downgrade the size of your room and can't get discounted in price,unless speaking to Management for adjustment,and they won't be in till Monday,after you check out! .I had to ask instead of our queen which we booked ( they were downgrading us to a double).For a king with fold out for our family of 4. Fyi they do not have that, instead I finally ask for adjoining rooms and Paris and Bill did accomadate. Comfortable and clean after our travels of 9 plus hours,staying for wedding.Next day we placed a do not disturb sign on doors till 10:30 am. then left.Came back at 3:30 to find rooms still not made up and housekeeping lies and said we still had Do not disturb on doors. Called FD and was told Housekeeping was not going to do clean our room,they were going home....fyi they were downstairs chatting in the back hall.I asked why they can just say"no" and not do there job? Just by chance GM came into building on day off, Mr.Williams and Thankfully took care of the situation.Hope no one else faces this issue and Management takes care of the slacking Housekeepers.And maybe have someone on staff during weekends to make some management decisions. Otherwise,nice, clean and wonderful peaceful pool area,even when next to a convenient highway.
"Home away from home"
05/22/15 Mary A Centreville, Virginia
We have stayed here repeatedly and our experiences have been consistently superior. The staff is welcoming and efficient. The facility is spotless with a comfortable and roomy breakfast/ lounge area. Rooms are spacious with quality linens. The breakfast has a wide range of options and an attendant constantly restocks items. Pool and workout facilities are very adequate. Great central location. Highly recommend a stay if not multiple ones!
"Consistent Holiday Inn Quality. Convenient to WFU Baptist Hospital."
05/13/15 we4steeds Spartanburg, South Carolina
In town on business with School of Medicine at Wake Forest. Hotel was recommended by staff at WFU and met our needs. Construction/paint was going on in the floor above us, so paint smell was over powering in corridors, but not in room. Hotel is showing signs of age, but as indicated by paint/reno work going on, I think management is working on that.
05/08/15 laurenvill Winston Salem, North Carolina
We enjoyed our stay for two nights to decide if we wished to relocate to Winston- Salem. The hotel staff was friendly. The place clean. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and kept watch over by an efficient staff. We often stay at HIE around the country and this was one of the quietest. The location was great. We were minutes from everything. Parking was free which was a plus for downtown and it was plentiful.
"Excellent Customer Service"
04/21/15 mbb3119 Erie, Pennsylvania
This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel for business and the second was even better than the first! The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. Ric was super and shuttled us all week wherever we wanted to go. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot every morning. Check in was seamless and we had hand written notes in all our rooms welcoming us from the sales manager. Just all around great staff. Would stay there again in a heart beat. It's hard to find genuine people that really care about their guests and I felt that here.