All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
110 Miller Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Bad amenities
"Residency Interview Stay"
We had a double room at Winston /Salem. The staff was friendly as well as helpful with travel advice and restaurant tips. BUT the most impressive part of our stay was the cleaning staff!!! The rooms were immaculate, the bed were totally moved, mattresses upright, vacuumed under the bed stand. The air vents were removed,coils dusted and cover wiped down. I was very impressed.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
llc
"Nice facility - little improvements needed"
The facility was very nice and the room very comfortable. However I went to my first room and there were people asleep in it. Clearly problematic. This was a week after a daylight savings time change and the clocks in my room had not been set back. Finally, there was something melted on the iron that came off on the shirt I had to wear. For the price the hotel served its purpose but attention to small details would make a world of difference.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Needs Updating!"
This hotel was decent, but not worth the rate that I paid. It is in desperate need of upgrades. There was an old musty smell in lobby and elevator. My shower didn't work and maintenance responded the next day, but it was only partially fixed. I would find another hotel for a return trip. I would consider staying there again only at a much lower rate. I paid for much more than I received.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Erin Staples
There was a issue with the water but was taken care of in a well professional matter. Hope to be in the area again and will stay at the holiday inn express again
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Toilet seat loose. Flushing didnot have a lot of pressure. Afraid it was going to clog. Room 312
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Room smelled badly like urine"
Nice friendly staff. Some mold in shower. Room smell badly like urine and the staff didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2013
Jack
"Very convenient hotel close to hospital , downtown"
The hotel become one of my favorite in Winston Salem
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Majid
"Great access to Wake Forest - Hotel needs TLC"
Convenient to Wake Forest. Hotel needs major TLC with carpet/paint etc would be a major improvement.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"covenient to hospital"
we liked the beds
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
"Visiting Friends"
Spent four nights at your hotel in August. It was a pleasant stay and the hotel was very clean. It is centrally located and convenient to everything. Would recommend it highly.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Wayne
"Very close to Wake Med"
Quiet, v.g breakfast, well lit pkg. area, close to lots of varied shopping
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Audrey`
"Location is its main appeal"
Typical run of the mill hotel. The rate is too high for the amenities and the room itself. Room is on the tiny side, and the noise from the hallway goes on all night.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Smelly, loud, and uncomfortable"
The hotel staff was very friendly. However, the room smelled musty, the beds were extremely uncomfortable, and we heard a lot of hall noise. We could also hear the guests above us. The bedding/linens also seemed dingy, but that may have been my perception because of the way the room smelled. It was just not a comfortable night's sleep. We stopped there on the way to the beach, and I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. I will not be returning to a Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Trading on the name"
Normally, HIE is a pretty trustworthy name...not the finest hotel, but clean, comfortable...This one had many issues. First room smelled like mildew. The staff, however, did promptly get us into a new room and it was better. The desk chair was falling apart. The elevator had no fan and was like a sauna (and it stunk). The one positive - the bed was comfortable. Would not return without hearing about improvements.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased that the staff promptly attempted to correct the situation, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while our guest. We will utilize your feedback to correct the deficiencies you pointed out. Again, I would like to extend my heartfelt apology. Sincerely, Cliff Greene General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown West, Winston Salem NC
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"This was BY FAR the WORST Holiday Inn Express EVER"
I travel and stay in hotels throughout the country weekly. In the past 3 months I have stayed in over 15 different Holiday Inn Express and this one in Winston Salem NC was SO HORRIBLE!!! From the moment we checked in until we checked out this weekend stay at this hotel was uncomfortable... the room was muggy, and was not clean at all!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do strive to exceed the expectations of everyone who stays with us. It is very disappointing to hear of the impression you had of the property. This is not the typical experience received by our guests and I extend my most sincere apology to you. We do pride ourselves in giving excellent service and will discuss your experience with our entire team. Sincerely, Cliff Greene General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown West, Winston Salem NC
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Disapponted
floors and bed were very damp
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
tl
THis hotel is a bit off the beaten path and took a while to find. However, it is an excellent hotel. The staff was courteoius. Our room was very nice.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
"If only they'd lose the cigarette smoking area"
A perfectly clean, outstanding hotel. Exceptional housekeeping staff. Front desk late night staff could be a little more helpful and friendly, but this is a find of a property, otherwise. If ONLY they could lose the cigarette smoking area at the back door, where everyone seems to stand and smoke around a cigarette butt post. Who likes walking through this? And why would management not get rid of it? Could be because employees stand and smoke here. A bad impression anyway you look at it. There is also a bench out front, where smokers congregate. A horrible first impression, and who wants to walk through smoke to board a shuttle or other transportation?
6 night business trip Apr 17, 2013
"Will stay again"
We stayed on our way at your property in Statesville. It had newer mattresses, TV's and overall newer look. Both stays were enjoyable and I will seek out the chain in future travels. Staff at both locations were top notch and friendly.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great hotel for everyone!"
Only problem we had was finding the hotel.. We didn't realize it was a "sw" southwest street so at first our gps took us to a neighborhood where obviously our hotel was not. Breakfast was great! Location was perfect (after we found it) Hotel was clean and updated!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Mediocre hotel"
Rooms are old, airconditioning too noisy, the curtains do not block light from parking lot. Breakfast was decent
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"Comfortable Clean & Convenient"
I stay here very often, when going to High Point for work. Worth the half hour drive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Parking lot lighting was just dramatically improved. Still need to rid the back entrance of a nasty ashtray and smoking. A constant bad first impression, or reminder, when entering or exiting in this area. Large breakfast bar is free and generally good, although my last visit, it was a little weak. Manager is very nice and helpful, which makes a difference. If only that squeaky elevator could be oiled!
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2013
The staff was very friendly and helpful. After 9 p.m. there was loud talking in the hall that disturbed me. Outside in the parking lot, I was approached by a strange man. He was walking with a cane and had a duffle bag. He approached my car window and asked if I would be so kind to help him. I stated no and then he left.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013
"Very near Baptist Hospital"
It made the visit to the hospital less disruptive. The convenience of location and the attention by the staff made the visit tolerable.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013

"Worst Hotel Ever"
it was disgusting and not clean. Furthermore they gave my room away and i had to sleep a room with i king bed even though i booked queen beds. i waited an and half to get a room with a toilet that doesn't work.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay, A verified traveller. I have informed our staff and maintenance team of your feedback. We are currently working on the problems at hand. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with to ensure that your next stay is a great one.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014

nous recommandons cet hotel, par contre ne pas être étonné si la femme de chambre vous laisse un mot sur votre lit pour s'excuser de ne pas avoir eu le temps de le faire ... perso notre chambre n'a pas été faite 2 jours de suite bref pas bien grave mais bon assez drole
10 night family trip Nov 9, 2015
Not Provided
FR
"Um hotel muito bom"
Quarto é amplo e limpo com camas confortáveis. Ótimo localização que fica perto do Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital. e perto de tudo. Bem na frente do quarto passa I-40, mas não ouvi nenhum barulho dos carros. Café da manhã está simples e bom. Atendimento na recepção está ótimo e muito simpático. Única coisa que não gostamos foi camareira esqueceu limpar nosso quarto. Mas isso foi um acidente. Gostamos muito de ficar esse hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2014
BR
"可以再度住宿的飯店"
適合住宿的家庭飯店, 整體上算是方便, 可以免費停車, 可以免費上網, 又含早餐, 收費合理, 所以我會介紹朋友住宿.
Other trip May 28, 2013