All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

Rather comfortable
    Breakfast is average
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Nice to be so close to the hospital!"
Dad was in the hospital and it was nice to be so close to the hospital. Rooms were very clean, bed slept great, breakfast was good. Ceilings, room carpet and walls could use some upkeep as the age is starting to show in the rooms but overall would recommend and would stay again.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Lone Traveler
"Residency Interview Stay"
We had a double room at Winston /Salem. The staff was friendly as well as helpful with travel advice and restaurant tips. BUT the most impressive part of our stay was the cleaning staff!!! The rooms were immaculate, the bed were totally moved, mattresses upright, vacuumed under the bed stand. The air vents were removed,coils dusted and cover wiped down. I was very impressed.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
llc
"Nice facility - little improvements needed"
The facility was very nice and the room very comfortable. However I went to my first room and there were people asleep in it. Clearly problematic. This was a week after a daylight savings time change and the clocks in my room had not been set back. Finally, there was something melted on the iron that came off on the shirt I had to wear. For the price the hotel served its purpose but attention to small details would make a world of difference.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Needs Updating!"
This hotel was decent, but not worth the rate that I paid. It is in desperate need of upgrades. There was an old musty smell in lobby and elevator. My shower didn't work and maintenance responded the next day, but it was only partially fixed. I would find another hotel for a return trip. I would consider staying there again only at a much lower rate. I paid for much more than I received.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Erin Staples
There was a issue with the water but was taken care of in a well professional matter. Hope to be in the area again and will stay at the holiday inn express again
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Toilet seat loose. Flushing didnot have a lot of pressure. Afraid it was going to clog. Room 312
2 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Room smelled badly like urine"
Nice friendly staff. Some mold in shower. Room smell badly like urine and the staff didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2013
Jack
"Very convenient hotel close to hospital , downtown"
The hotel become one of my favorite in Winston Salem
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Majid
"Great access to Wake Forest - Hotel needs TLC"
Convenient to Wake Forest. Hotel needs major TLC with carpet/paint etc would be a major improvement.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"covenient to hospital"
we liked the beds
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
"Visiting Friends"
Spent four nights at your hotel in August. It was a pleasant stay and the hotel was very clean. It is centrally located and convenient to everything. Would recommend it highly.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Wayne
"Very close to Wake Med"
Quiet, v.g breakfast, well lit pkg. area, close to lots of varied shopping
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Audrey`
"Location is its main appeal"
Typical run of the mill hotel. The rate is too high for the amenities and the room itself. Room is on the tiny side, and the noise from the hallway goes on all night.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Smelly, loud, and uncomfortable"
The hotel staff was very friendly. However, the room smelled musty, the beds were extremely uncomfortable, and we heard a lot of hall noise. We could also hear the guests above us. The bedding/linens also seemed dingy, but that may have been my perception because of the way the room smelled. It was just not a comfortable night's sleep. We stopped there on the way to the beach, and I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. I will not be returning to a Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Trading on the name"
Normally, HIE is a pretty trustworthy name...not the finest hotel, but clean, comfortable...This one had many issues. First room smelled like mildew. The staff, however, did promptly get us into a new room and it was better. The desk chair was falling apart. The elevator had no fan and was like a sauna (and it stunk). The one positive - the bed was comfortable. Would not return without hearing about improvements.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased that the staff promptly attempted to correct the situation, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while our guest. We will utilize your feedback to correct the deficiencies you pointed out. Again, I would like to extend my heartfelt apology. Sincerely, Cliff Greene General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Downtown West, Winston Salem NC
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"This was BY FAR the WORST Holiday Inn Express EVER"
I travel and stay in hotels throughout the country weekly. In the past 3 months I have stayed in over 15 different Holiday Inn Express and this one in Winston Salem NC was SO HORRIBLE!!! From the moment we checked in until we checked out this weekend stay at this hotel was uncomfortable... the room was muggy, and was not clean at all!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Disapponted
floors and bed were very damp
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
tl

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Worst Hotel Ever"
it was disgusting and not clean. Furthermore they gave my room away and i had to sleep a room with i king bed even though i booked queen beds. i waited an and half to get a room with a toilet that doesn't work.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Winston Salem Downtown West
I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay, A verified traveller. I have informed our staff and maintenance team of your feedback. We are currently working on the problems at hand. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with to ensure that your next stay is a great one.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

nous recommandons cet hotel, par contre ne pas être étonné si la femme de chambre vous laisse un mot sur votre lit pour s'excuser de ne pas avoir eu le temps de le faire ... perso notre chambre n'a pas été faite 2 jours de suite bref pas bien grave mais bon assez drole
10 night family trip Nov 9, 2015
Not Provided
FR
"Um hotel muito bom"
Quarto é amplo e limpo com camas confortáveis. Ótimo localização que fica perto do Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital. e perto de tudo. Bem na frente do quarto passa I-40, mas não ouvi nenhum barulho dos carros. Café da manhã está simples e bom. Atendimento na recepção está ótimo e muito simpático. Única coisa que não gostamos foi camareira esqueceu limpar nosso quarto. Mas isso foi um acidente. Gostamos muito de ficar esse hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2014
BR
"可以再度住宿的飯店"
適合住宿的家庭飯店, 整體上算是方便, 可以免費停車, 可以免費上網, 又含早餐, 收費合理, 所以我會介紹朋友住宿.
Other trip May 28, 2013
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
3 night trip May 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West

"Great Location and close to everything you need in Winston-Salem"
05/03/16 Shakaka Sydney, Australia
Spent a week in the HIE and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff were very friendly and the hotel was a walking distance from several diners/restaurants, as well as a Walgreens. The rooms were decently sized and the bed was very comfy. Plenty of channels available on the TV, internet connectivity was more than adequate and the hotel had everything you needed for a short stay. Breakfast wasn't fancy but enough for you to start the day and it is included in your Liked - the ease of checking in, the room and sleep comfort, water pressure in the shower was great, internet speed, parking availability and proximity to food. Will get over - the buzzing sound of the elevators (to be fair they did offer to move my room had I complained, after I mentioned it at the end of my stay) and limited breakfast options. What annoyed me - the pool was closed for no apparent reason and when we asked why we were told they were waiting for a safety inspection, when in fact they just don't open the pool until memorial day, which was a shame as the weather was ideal for swimming. All in all great place to stay and well priced, have no issues staying again next time I'm in the area
"Perfect stay"
04/16/16 Eli C
I came in town to see Phuzz Phest 2016! The hotel was pristine, quiet, and Billy and Martha at the desk both went above and beyond to help me out and get a second night and to get cabs to downtown... very professional and polite, no questions asked. It's great to see such outstanding customer service at a corporate chain hotel. These employees deserve a raise!
"No other like it!!"
04/16/16 lariatgirl Fayetteville, North Carolina
My husband and I stayed at this location for a business meeting. I met Daisy at check she is outstanding! Later, I needed to run an errand, but didn't know the directions and she offered to take me via shuttle. We laughed and chatted the whole way there and back. I can't forget Crystal another staff member at the front desk was very courteous, friendly and joking with everyone coming in. The hotel was great, from fresh baked cookies and coffee in the lobby which Daisy made down to the awesome bed. I really hated to crawl out of it the next morning :-( All in all I can truthfully say, " This is the BEST HIE I have EVER stayed in and I will rate it ***** "5 stars". Greatest customer service EVER. Thank you Daisy and Crystal :-)
"Exceptional Service "
04/15/16 Todd B Leesburg, Virginia
My company books me in different hotels every week and the one thing that stuck out the most to me was how friendly the front desk staff was. It wasn't that they accommodated my request even better they just went out of their way to speak to me when I came in always had nice things to say struck up conversation with me recommended a few places for me to go enjoy my evening. Rooms were good clean well kept. I liked that not only did I have a fridge but also a microwave. I would highly recommend staying here
"Excellent hotel and great staff"
04/12/16 Sarah m Iraq
I stayed 3 days at the holiday inn and I'll for sure recommend it. The staff were extremely helpful, cheerful very nice make you feel welcomed, they are very professional. I have stayed in many hotels but honestly speaking these were the best people I have ever seen. The room was clean and tidy. The breakfast was fine. I really enjoyed my stay there.
"What a joy..."
04/08/16 800PI San Diego, California
I love when coming to a town and find a hotel truly embodies the understanding of hospitality! Point to write reviews whenever I find a business that goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure their customers or Gaster satisfied. If you're looking for a hotel in the greater Winston-Salem area I cannot recommend a better choice than the Holiday Inn Express. The gentleman should be commended on doing a fine job and uses from you next time he or she is trying to set an example of how important customer satisfaction is to the hotel industry.
"Better than the others"
04/08/16 Derek G Marblehead, Massachusetts
We were pleasantly surprised when our company booked us into this hotel as it was well Mai rained, had a nice decor, better Han average breakfast and super service personnel. Shower had good pressure, bed was comfortable and all amenities were provided for. 24 hour business center available to fax paperwork.
"Clean Environment"
04/04/16 inam1990 Washington
This was our first visit to HIE,We traveled with friends and booked a two bedroom With beautiful view,it was in February 2016 experience,HIE was on a great location. the staff was so professional,we found HIE is clean. a great environment,i will visit again...
"Great stay for looking at Wake Forest University"
03/26/16 A4116MAsharonr
This hotel was clean and quiet and the room typical of HIE. I stay at HIE many times throughout the year and found this property to be in line with the newer places that I have stayed in. The rooms were clean with no musty odor and the decor pleasant and updated.
"Love me some HIE !"
03/24/16 PSquare Cary, North Carolina
We started frequenting HIE on our golf trips a few years ago. This one ranks highly with the convenient location, many breakfast selections, friendly staff, comfortable beds and rooms. They read my mind by putting us on the top floor and the end of one hallway. Quiet! Highly recommend. This one is different from other HIE we have stayed as it has a pool.