All hotels in Marinette, Wisconsin, United States of America
2180 Roosevelt RdMarinetteWI54143-3876United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

Quite clean
    Location is ok
    Bad amenities
Hostess had no personality. Trains made it interesting.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2015
overall nice stay. rooms are clean. breakfast is decent. they offer continental breakfast. only downside is , there was peculiar smell when I entered the room. It is hard to describe. I opened the windows for sometimes. after some times, I probably got used it & the smell didn't bother me.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
R
"Wonderful place to stay"
Other then the train going by a couple of times the place was great
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Wayne
"Marinette- Baymont"
The key making machine was down and the staff had to escort each guest to their room and open it for them. They did it with a smile. I would return for the service.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"To close to railroad tracks"
Tracks are very close to hotel and the train came threw 3 times in the night. Long hair in sink and on tub wall. Coffee pot still had coffee in it from last person in that room. Beds were comfortable but I will not be back.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Great value for price"
Comfortable and clean. Breakfast was really good. Getting into the parking lot was not the easiest though.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Decent hotel, just small/firm beds. Recommend 2 people per room if reserving 2- double beds. Friendly staff and nice tv.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Angela
A very good value for a nice clean room with good internet in a convenient location.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
martin
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk is friendly and there are plenty of food establishments nearby. Its a good value for the price.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
martin
Hotel does not have an elevator so if you're staying on the 2nd floor, be prepared to haul your suitcases up and down the stairs.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Bad location / unhelpful staff"
The hotel is located right next to railroad tracks and trains come through two or three times per night, so be prepared! Our room keys consisently failed to work. We were given at least 15 keys during our stay. Hotel staff assured us that parts were on order, but after our four night stay the problem still existed. No one seemed really concerned about it so I had to assume it was a common problem. I will not stay here again.
4 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Deborah
"close to town"
local phone calls are no longer free, we were not informed of this and were surprised with an $80 phone bill on our stay. So use your cell instead.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Key cards were a constant problem during our stay"
The staff was great, the room was good for the price. The only issue was the key cards. Every time we left the room they wouldn't work to let you brack into the hotel or room. We had to go to the desk and have them reactivated. It was a big inconvenience
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Motel close to a wedding anniv. celebration."
Motel not easily accessible from highway. Too close to a railroad track made the view from the window less than inviting or attractive. Wanted 1st floor room..got 2nd floor. Window covering was such that when drape was opened, guests had no privacy. It was either total darkness or bright daylight. Quality of bathroom tissue akin to sandpaper. Opened package of soap and it was in small pieces; not usable. Toilet bowel was so low, had it been much lower, you would have sat on the bathroom floor. Breakfast....young lady in charge of dining room couldn't find spoons. Manager came to her rescue.. Out of yogurt, bananas. Egg patties and sausage patties were unacceptable. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Refrig. was great, as was TV. Motel had excellent coffee, both in room and in dining room. I guess the old adage is true, "You get what you pay for!"
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"GREAT"
No problems Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was OK
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Vicky
I had requested a first floor room. On checking in, the clerk questioned us as to why we needed a handicapped room. We replied that we didn't need a handicapped room, but did need and had requested a first floor room. We ultimately were able to get the room requested after the clerk got into an argument with another guest who interrupted us. We weren't aware that there was a set of railroad tracks behind the hotel - a train came through at 4:00 in the morning. Overall, the hotel was okay.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Nice but..."
Everything was good. Checkin, breakfast, room, beds, etc. Unfortunately our room was on the side of the highway and the train tracks. They origionally gave me a second floor room that might not have had those issues but when I learned they had no elevators I asked for a first floor room. I am lung disable and stairs really cramp my style. That is my only complaint about an otherwise well run and well attended rest stop on my travels.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Too close to main road and railroad line"
Was surprise to wake up at 3am to the sound of a rushing train only 20 feet from my hotel window. And another train at 5am, a bit quieter as its speed was slower. I did not notices the train track when I checked in, maybe the sound would have been quieter if the room was on the hotel parking lot side.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Not nice for the Price"
Poor location & not very nice for the price
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Ok place"
Building needs some TLC, showers no tube are my complaints. Bed was comfortable good servce.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Alex
"Not impressed"
We checked in around 9pm after calling a few hours prior to confirm our reservation. We were assigned a room and when we unlocked the door, saw towels on the floor in the bedroom and and the bathroom. Wasn't even sure if there was someone still staying there. When we notified the front desk, they took our key to check the room, rather than taking our word for it. They were gracious about it and upgraded us to a suite, which was nice. As we were unlocking the door, another party had discovered the same issue, an unprepared room, and were heading down the hall with their luggage. The hotel staff then hurriedly cleaned the room next door to ours at the late hour. The light over the sink was missing 2 of 5 bulbs and the curtains had wear holes in them. When we checked out the next morning the demeanor of the woman at the front desk could best be described and surly. We will not be staying here again.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette"
Room Clean and Comfortable, included breakfast pretty poor.
4 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
CJ
"the hotel was fine, but..."
The hotel was fine. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, good selection at breakfast. But the hotel is literally 50 feet from the railroad tracks. The train came by 3 times in the night, blowing its whistle. If you're a heavy sleeper or fall asleep readily, that may not bother you.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Oo that smell!!"
Walked up to the front door of the hotel, opened the door, and got punched in the face by the smell of arm pit style B.O. If that wasn't bad enough hotels.com let me reserve a room with pet allowed for &15 a night and had to agree to the terms, I though I was good. At midnight the desk person told me I had to leave my dog in my vehicle or leave. I had to leave for a job at 7:00 that morning. Then he changes his hotels.com features ands says " look it doesn't say we allow pets now ". What a jerk! And what was with the smell? They put any men's locker room around to shame!! What an unprofessional filthy dump! It does look nice from the road though.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"Average Hotel for an Average Price"
A perfectly acceptable hotel for a one night stay. The room was clean and quite, Everything worked fine.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Convenient Location but disgusting hotel"
The hotel smelled so bad like mold / mildew that it was difficult to walk through the hallways. The carpets have obviously not been washed...ever? It felt damp throughout the hotel but especially in the rooms - the carpet was actually damp so we had to walk around with shoes on in our room. The bathrooms, sheets, fridge, etc were all clean but when you looked closer (i.e. baseboards, lamps, etc) they had a layer of dust on them about an inch thick so it really made you wonder how clean the rest of the room was. The entrance to the hotel was covered in spiders and spider webs. I would suggest that the owners / workers should work on cleaning these things instead of standing around outside for hours each night.
5 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Pluses: super friendly staff; spacious, clean room; entire hotel non-smoking. Negatives: train blaring horn at intersection woke me up several times; no pets allowed (I wasn't traveling with my dog, but the hotel wasn't so nice that no pets shouldn't be allowed - especially for a small fee.)
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"nothing spacial. but no much choice."
Hotel is next to rail road tracks. Older hotel. Sheet were clean.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Margaret
"could not get better bed spread"
got to my room. the bedspread looked soiled or stained and they would not give me a different one. made excuses and implied I did not need a new one. went to another hotel that was cleaner and friendly service. I am not saying it was dirty but it was really wore out and not a good impression . Price or not I would pay 10 more to stay at a different one.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"loud night"
I had no idea the train was right outside our room plus an intersection so there were either bells or whisles going much of the time.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Marie
Breakfast was just ok. Nothing special. Room was clean.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"different"
convenient and properly kept. great location if traveling in nothern wisconsin off the beaten track.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
amy
"baymont inn and suites"
Hotel was next to route 42. Very convenient but can be noisy so ask for room away from highway. Two restaurants nearby are easily walkable. Continental breakfast selections were good. However breakfast room chair cushions need to be cleaned or replaced due to numerous very visible stains.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
+65 traveler
"Ok if you're in need of a quick place to sleep"
Nothing overly negative to say. It was an ok hotel. Walking distance to Applebee's for a quick beverage and snack.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Travelling for Business."
I was concerned when I mentioned my hotel to the local client. They said "make sure you are NOT on the train track side". Ruh Roh! It turns out the hotel has railroad tracks, about 30 feet way. They go along the hotel between it and the highway (another noisy thing). When I checked in it looked to be almost empty, judging by the parking lot. I mentioned my concern to the front desk and he told me that it was OK because I was in a Single Bed room and they are all on the opposite side from the tracks (and the highway). When I returned from dinner, the parking lot was packed...dunno how many were on the Train Side but I didn't hear a thing in my room.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Centrally located"
The listing said this hotel had a swimming pool, which was one of the reason it was chosen. Upon arrival, we learned that it did not have one. The room was somewhat clean. Someone had spilled (what looked like powder) behind the night stand. The hotel staff wasn't too friendly. The breakfast could use more of a variety than the same items each day.
6 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
BarbC
Location was good, the room was clean, and the breakfast bar was good
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Not bad"
For the price, I would say this is a decent hotel. They did forget to put sheets on the beds, though.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Barely okay"
The front desk gentleman was friendly. The room smelled extremely strong of rubbing alcohol. The beds were not very comfortable. The cleaning service did not dispose of a soap wrapper or a used plastic cup. The hallways smelled of someone's home cooking. The tub was clean, water hot. The breakfast appeared old and stale; we did not eat it. We should've spent the extra $20 on a different hotel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"great stay"
Continental breakfast was great. Lots of options. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms were standard but beds and pillows were comfy. A little outdated but the price was great. Common areas could use new chairs because some were stained. The hotel is located near a train track so when trains came through it was very noisy but didn't happen too often.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Enjoyed everything about this hotel with the exception of the smokey smell when coming off the elevator on the second floor. Would definitely stay there again in going through that area.
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2014
Gramps
"Great Stay!"
We travel 50 weeks a year for business, and it's been a long time since we've seen a hotel this well maintained. The owner and staff clearly take a great deal of pride in their establishment. We give it our highest recommendation, bar none.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Bernie
"inexpensive stay"
mattress the best I've slept on. quiet except for location. has traffic but who doesn't. Yes the train came by but I heard it only once. Nice staff.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"close to meeting"
I think it could use some updating. One bad thing is that it has a train that runs at least twice a day along side, maybe 25 yds. away.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
"Railroad right outside"
It is a nice enough place, but it is in a bad situation. There is a railroad that runs right along it. And since it is near a major intersection, the trains have to blow their horns. So at 5am we were awoken by a train blowing its horn and then rumbling past the hotel for several minutes, close enough to vibrate the entire room. Real shame -- I know they are trying, and they seem like nice people and have a nice breakfast. But unless you are a real deep sleeper, those trains will get you.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
CarrieLynn
The gym was great, didn't have much contact with staff because we just stayed over to rest on way home. Staff was polite and answered all our questions.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"If you are a train enthusiast!!"
Just awful. A total waste of money. Hotel was nearly empty ( I guess 5 rooms occupied each night) and we were placed on the backside of the hotel not 30 feet from an active train track. We had requested to stay parking lot side, but were denied at the Hotels.com price. Casey Jones came rolling through at 1,3, and 5 am. No ac fan noise available to drown out the sound of 3 diesels plus 80 cars. On top of that....the other customers were in adjacent rooms...tv noise, etc. Employees were nice enough, ecxcept the owners cant speak a word of English, very frustrating. Spend the extra $20 and stay at the Country Inn and Suites down the road. This was our second stay here. Shame on me.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Doug
"Hotel location is great!"
Our room was nice bit the heat control was not working right. Breakfast was ok as it had all the basics.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2014
"Former Comfort Inn now Baymont Inn & Suites"
They forgot to put a sheet on our bed so I had to complain about that. The worst part was the baseboard heat wouldn't shut off and without turning the air conditioning on in January, we roasted. They also had a creepy lady monitoring the breakfast who made us very uncomfortable. There aren't too many hotel options but I will trying a different one the next time I stay near Marinette.
2 night trip Jan 12, 2014
"close to where we caught a bus to go on a trip"
very comfortable beds and room was very clean and they put out the breakfast a little early for us seeing we had to catch the bus so early.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013