All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here333 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

4.8
"Amazing views in a luxurious setting"
Excellent location and a beautiful hotel, the only disappointment was no bathtub but I didn't think to request it..the shower was very nice but a little small for a couple's romantic holiday experience... the staff was polite, friendly and helpful. Yes, the valet is expensive( $45 a day) but they cater to your needs offering water etc., when I tipped one of the more mature valet guys after he went out of his way to make sure I had water(he had to run because we were in a hurry) he was very sweet and stated that "it wasn't necessary" and made sure I had everything I needed. We had a bay view balcony room on the 14th floor and the view of the harbor, Coronado bridge and the pool area was fantastic! The balcony is slightly small but perfect for a couple to enjoy amazing views while sipping coffee or late night drinks. The gym is excellent with chilled clean wet towels for your cool down. The only issue was the noise from the room next door but it was New Year's eve and when I mentioned it at checkout we were given a 15% discount. Also when I had problems with my key not working multiple times I was offered free drinks in the hotel bar. Each room has a coffee/tea maker, mini fridge and a safe. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this beautiful hotel for those more indulgent vacations.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Mandra
"Would stay again"
First time going to San Diego, decided to stay here based upon a friends recommendation. The room had an awesome view of the San Diego Marina as well as Coronado Island. The pool, spa, and poolside bar and grille were very well kept. The hotel was within walking distance of Sea Port Village, the Gas Lamp District, the USS Midway as well as the Amtrak station I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"What a stay!!"
Everything was great. We we there during the Holiday Bowl (unbeknownst to us when we made the reservation).The maid service was slow the first day -4:30 and still not made up. We mentioned it to the front desk and had no more problems. We tried to stump the concierge with questions about restaurants open Christmas night, tide charts, and directions to attractions. They knew it ALL! Also the location was excellent. An easy walk to the USS Midway, Gaslamp Quarter and Tuna Harbor Park.
4 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Exceptional location, poor service."
Waited around 15 minutes for waitress to come back to my table for a coffee refill, when I complain the reason is that she was on her break. Valet brought my car and the guy left for ten minutes with my car keys. The day I was leaving the valet/bellboy did not help with my luggage to get it in the car. Service is really poor compared to the cost of the hotel, go to a 3-star, they will treat you better. Also be careful with double charging; these I could fix, still it is an annoyance to have to worry about these when you are supposed to be enjoying your vacation.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Lucio
"nice place to stay"
I stay there for one night it was all good except it was hard to find a parking and all restaurants ware about 2 miles away walking but other than that it was very good place
1 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
"Perfect Choice"
I scrutinized over which property to stay during our trip to San Diego, and finally decided on the Marriott Marquis & Marina. It was the perfect choice, and for all the right reasons. We had a beautifully appointed, comfy room with a fabulous view over the marina and Coronado Island, our package included breakfast, which was convenient and delicious, and our location was superb, close to everything one would want to do in San Diego; Seaport Village, the Convention Center, and the Gaslight District.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"great place!"
Love the place, love the location, lots to do. Family friendly. Only thingis beds are really small. Most hotels they are queen size beds, these beds are full.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
mirna
"New Year's Eve with the girls"
This place was amazing! It felt like I was at some hotel in Las Vegas. Live band, restaurants, places to go shopping, beautiful decor, breath taking view from our room's balcony. This place has it all.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great location, facility and Staff!"
My wife and I decided to head down to San Diego from LA to see The Holiday Bowl and booked this hotel based on the proximity to the SD Trolley "Gaslamp Quarter" stop. We literally crossed the street to catch the Trolly and headed over to Qualcomm Stadium...it took about 30-minutes or so. Great spot if you want to be near the water, a lot of night time activity, including great restaurants, or are headed to a game at Qualcomm Stadium. On top of it, I left my electric toothbrush in the room which the staff recovered and quickly sent back to me. Great customer service!
"Bowl game"
Everything was very enjoyable. The views were beautiful. Pool area was well planned and relaxing. Fitness center was great. Close to many venues and accessible by trolly station out front to all others. A perfect choice for a stay in San Diego. Looking forward to returning!
4 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Debora
"Great views and awesome location"
Great location and awesome breakfast! Close walk to Gas-lamp. Loved staying here.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"excellent"
Everything was fantastic
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
maroun
"Too Many Guests....Not Enough Staff"
My wife and I chose this hotel for a one night stay while in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl game on Dec 27. Fortunately, we got checked in prior to an avalanche of post-game Nebraska football fans - who were so numerous they overwhelmed the front desk staff and bar servers. The hotel probably should have been better prepared because it was mayhem.
"Marriott in San Diego"
Our room was very nice, and the check in went smoothly. I was shocked at the price of overnight parking - $45. Also, we had a difficult time getting service in the hotel restaurant. It was Holiday Bowl weekend, and the restaurants were very busy with Nebraska football guests. Other than that, I would recommend staying at this hotel, particularly since it is large and has good amenities.
JANET
"Nice hotel in the middle of it all"
We stayed at the Marriott for our trip to the holiday bowl and it was fantastic that is located next to everything down town that you could possibly want or need
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
andy
"San Diego"
Excellent location
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
sanjeev
"Family Reunion at the Marriott Marquis"
This was a family get-together to say good-bye to our daughter who was sailing off to French Polynesia on her 45 foot sailboat. She and her companion were docked at the marina and the rest of the family (6 of us) all stayed at the hotel. From our 15th floor room we could clearly see her boat, TIME WARP. We all had a great time with good food and lots of family conversation at the Marina Kitchen and poolside. It was a memorable stay!
4 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Central location is key. Property is spotless. Staff is so professional and welcoming. It would be nice if more dining options were available on site but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Convenient, elegant"
Overall, it was a fun stay. Attractive grounds, close to everything, easy check-in and check-out.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
KT
Great hotel. Great location! Very modern and fun. The restaurant options are great. Lots of conveniences. Again....great location!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Marriott Marina San Diego"
Excellent Hotel, great location
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Nicholas
After arriving at the terrible parking lot and directing myself to the check in area (very, very poorly marked from the rear of the hotel) I found the staff to be very nice, helpful and the room to be just ok. The room and balcony were clean and well kept. This hotel is nice but I believe that for the price I could have gotten a better overall experience elsewhere.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Austin
"Elegant yet convenient........."
We only used our rental car once during our trip, this hotel has a great location. We took the train to the football game, walked to the USS Midway and Seaport Village.........hopped on and off the trolley to see the sights. The restaurant was pricy but we could walk to others in the area as well. The Gaslamp district was an easy walk and had tons and tons of restaurants. I feel I couldn't have picked a better spot. Friendly and helpful staff, but again...a bit pricy.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Very good stay"
Very nice rooms and good location of the hotel close by beautiful downtown with the view of the marina
2 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2014
manny
"return home !"
Drove in from tx. For football game. Hotel clerk was excellent in accommodating our early arrival. Only got to stay one day. Price of parking and hike in bill quote are my only complaints. $60 additional. 30parking & 30 I assume for room upgrade I didn't ask for. But all in all I was happy with the accommodations.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
joseph
"NFL Weekend Stay"
My husband and I stayed here for weekend. We very much liked the hotel. They were able to accommodate us early and the room and staff were very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was enjoyable. We also ate at Roy's and at the Marina Kitchen. The experience was truly wonderful. I would love to visit again.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Short stay"
Although our stay was only one night, it was enjoyable. Excellent view of SD Bay. Room was very comfortable. Lounge was pleasant.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
roger
"Will stay again"
Good location, great service and comfort. Because bus: Hertz is co-located for car rental.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Dennis
"Thanksgiving Mini-Vacation"
The San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is within walking distance of the Gaslamp District of San Diego and is a short drive to Balboa Park. The hotel and the room were extremely clean and the staff is very professional and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Just be aware that the hotel charges $30/day for parking and about $13/day for internet access. My recommendation is to find parking on the street (very inexpensive or sometimes free - just read the signs carefully) or in one of the private parking lots in the vicinity of the hotel (usually about $10 overnight for weekdays and about $20 overnight for the weekends).
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"no hot fudge sundae!"
good room, but kinda noisy location. parking garage next door was LOUD (alarms going off at all hours) Had to go out to get a hot fudge sundae for my daughter and bring back because I had always got one when I was a kid and I had promised her one. that and the noise were my only complaints. Self parking at this location is next to impossible, but they didn't charge me for valet! (yea! Thank you! - I am handicapped)
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"A must stay hotel!"
We enjoyed our time at the Marriott completely. We stayed on the 16th floor and paid the upgrade fee to have a room overlooking the harbor. And it was well worth it.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Hotel in downtown but too close to railway station"
The hotel is in downtown next to marina and is conveniently located but its next to railway station and that becomes an issue especially in the morning. Checkin was fast and checkout was automated which was pleasing. Also Parking was a hassle as entrance to the parking lot from hotel entrance was closed. Overall not a bad hotel to look for a place a bit away from the railway station.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"nice place"
i enjoyed staying in this hotel, the beach and the shoping mall is so close. :)
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
My wife and I had a great time! All the staff were exceptionally nice and helpful and the location for what all we had planned was perfect(zoo, seaworld and La Jolla Cove).
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Thanksgiving Holiday Visit"
Family Trip for Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. Booked a view room with King bed and happy to find a pull-out bed in the sofa for our daughter. Self-parking was a struggle throughout but they were accommodating with Valet once Self-park was full. Thanksgiving dinner in the marina kitchen was good and not too expensive. The restaurant was VERY busy and our reservation made weeks prior didn't seem to make our wait time any better (seated 30 min late). That being said, the restaurant manager did an awesome job handling rude/inconsiderate guests.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Ben
"cumpleaños esposa"
Great and beautiful
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Marco y Diana
"Great location, close to town and trolley"
We spent 3 nights at the Marriott to celebrate my birthday. I loved the location, close to Seaport Village, downtown and public transportation. We normally rent a car while on vacation, but was advised by friends that we didn't need one if we stayed in this area. They were right! We saved so much money by not renting a car and having to pay for the parking at the hotel. We took a cab back and forth to the airport, got around on the trolley/bus system and did a lot of walking! The hotel was bustling with conferences all four days we were there, but the staff was very helpful and pleasant. We had massages at their new spa in the hotel, called the Hideaway, which opened up the week before. My husband and I were very pleased with the massages we had. Our only complaint would be the service, or lack of, in the restaurant. We asked to sit outside on the patio, but after no one came to take our orders in the 15 minutes we sat there, the manager sat us, took our orders and gave us a discount, which was nice of him.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Melanie
"35th anniversary get away"
We selected the hotel for it's room and location. the 23rd floor room has a great view of the San Diego harbor and the balcony made it even better. The staff and room were fist class. The whole experience was great.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel with two caveats"
Everything about this hotel was excellent. The location, the views, the pool, the facilities, staff (reception, valet, restaurant) and so on. However, there are two things about this hotel that would make me hesitate in going back: 1) Self-Parking space was very limited for a large hotel like this. We were charged $30 per night for self-parking and I couldn't find an empty space to park my car. And that was a challenge for all 3 nights that we stayed there. The last night was so bad that I had to give my car to valet. So, this is a big issue if you are bringing a car and don't want to use their $45 a night valet. 2) Big reception and business meeting facilities. Therefore, the mix of guests were not what you would usually expect in a 4-5 star facility. People in our next room decided to throw a party in their room and invite their friends and business partners to listen to loud music and shout. When we called reception and the security came up to give them a warning, they moved the party to the balcony and continued! We had to change our room in the middle of the night which was a significant inconvenience. Again, I think this is because the hotel has the capacity to have big functions and receptions that may bring in people who are not paying for their stays and hence might not be familiar with the etiquette of staying at facilities like this. It might have been just a unfortunate coincident for us, but maybe not.
short stay great location nice views of the bay staff was friebdly and helpfull
mardo
Excelent location, great facilities, fitness room and pool. Roma could be better
sebastian
"Great one night stay."
The hotel and grounds are great. The double beds seem small for a family and the window were a little dirty from outside.
"Very clean and nice view hotel"
i recommend this to all my friends.San Diego best Hotel i stay.big rooms,clean. big bath. Very friendly staff, i love Marriott I go in San Diego every 3 months and this is one of the best i went
"Very nice and clean hotel"
Everything was very nice, clean room, and very rich and tasty buffet! The only thing is that the should have free wifi access to the rooms as well
Panos
Minimum 50 characters. Minimum 50 characters. Minimum 50 characters. Minimum 50 characters.
"Great view of the Bay"
Great location close to the Gaslamp District, and the room had a view overlooking the Bay
"Nice place, with a couple of hiccups"
This is a very nice hotel and the bayside view was excellent. My only complaints are the expense of the valet parking (which is almost a necessity due to the extreme lack of self-parking availability) and I find it ridiculous that this hotel doesn't offer in-room free wired or wireless internet access.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Beautiful view comfortable bed. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooookkkkkkkkk
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"it does not make sense to book through you when we"
excellent, but when I got there, their rate is lower than yours that is not what I want to see.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Maria
"When checking in"
You must be the one whose name is on the Expedia reservation. I had to do a couple of business appointments & sent my husband to check in & he has a different last name. They were very strict about the security of letting him go to the room. He had to give them his credit card & they insisted that I recheck in when I came to meet him. They solved our problem easily once we were both at the front desk but it should be noted that the person who pays for the reservation has to be the one to check in. Also--there were a lot of big parties going on & both nights (3am) there was a lot of ruckus in our hallway & we had to call security. It seems like a nice hotel but unfortunately the clientele is a bit unsophisticated.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014