All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Great pool
    Bad internet service
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Highly recommended San Diego Marriott Marquis"
We were there for a conference, and added a couple days to our stay so we could explore San Diego. The hotel is right on San Diego Bay, with a connecting boardwalk to Seaport Village, the USS Midway Museum, and more. Excellent location. Beautiful hotel and great service.
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Joanna
"August 2015 Vacation"
Everything was wonderful. Staff, room, cleanliness....Cecking in and out was easy too.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Apathetic in a great location."
Room was in a very bad state when we arrived. Someone had been using the restroom after it had been cleaned and it must not have been cleaned very well to begin with. They moved us to another room. When the Bell came to give me the keys, he did not offer to assist with the 5 bags. All indoor service was very apathetic. It seems to be the culture of the hotel and must come from the top down. Outdoor by the pool was great. They seem to be more concerned with the big corporate client rather than the individual. We were just a single family with one room for 3 nights.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"No surprise no deep impression"
compare the prices we paid and those good hotels we stayed before, this one is just so so, but no deep impression. We booked the bay view rooms, but firstly they gave us a room with half bay view, half construction site. We complained, then changed to very lower level ( we asked for higher level when we made the booking) My wife did not want to change finally.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
MUGEN
"Not as nice as the last experience here."
Overall, we were a little bit disappointed this time around. We were excited to have a room w/ a balcony, only to find it was in front of the constuction site. Train bells were heard every five minutes all night long. Also, we wanted to sit at the outside bar and were unable to because of a private party outside.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"All you need!"
This hotel is lovely. The city view I had from the balcony was lovely, it has a restaurant, fast dining and Starbucks, plus gift shop. There is a huge pool area and plenty of space to lounge. My room and bathroom were comfortable and lovely. I'd stay again in a second!
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Shannon
My room was on the construction side...disappointed. I enjoyed my stay. The only complaint was when I went to the bar. Sat there for 10 min while a blond bartender never acknowledged me. I flagged another bartender and all was good. Later this blonde bartender came over asked if I needed anything....I asked her for a menu and she brought. I decided not to order and she looked at me like I offended her because I didn't order. Meanwhile I spent $50 at the bar...not to mention $800 for my room. she should be fired or reprimanded.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
We were visiting San Diego for our 39th wedding anniversary. We throughly enjoyed our stay and the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Colleen
The staff who helped at the check in was horrible. The attitude was very poor.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great Bay and Marina views"
Beds were very comfortable. Great conference rooms and set ups. Very busy and large international guests with beautifully maintained gardens. Will definitely be back.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
sandy
"BEAUTIFUL HOTEL WITH PERFECT CENTRAL LOCATION"
OUR VACATION COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. WE WERE UPGRADED TO A TOP FLOOR HARBOR VIEW ROOM THAT HAD AN UNBELIEVEABLE VIEW. STAFF WAS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. BED WAS VERY COMFY. LOCATION WAS CLOSE TO EVERYTHING. GREAT POOL TOO.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
DARRA
Perfect location ,delightful helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice hotel! Close to everything!"
Best location! Very close to everything! Hotel is very clean and beautiful!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice Hotel but..."
Room was nice, but... The cost to park at the hotel is outrageous at $30 per night for self parking - even for Marriott rewards members. And when checking out there was a nearly $300 charge on my bill for dinner at the local restaurant that was billed to my room. Why did they not check the name on the room or ID, or swipe a room key - or anything??? Ultimately they removed the charge, but I should not have to catch the error.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Vernon
My children love this hotel. They love the lagoon pool, the proximity to restaurants, and amenities
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Gabriel
"The good and the bad for a family vacation"
Overall a great stay! My young sons loved the pool and the fountain play area! Made for a great vacation for all as hotel was family oriented and gas lamp district was great for evening adventures for adults. We did request a refridgerator (for my son's medication) and crib for my son that was not considered in our room selection, but they fixed the error. The hotel is under construction, with noise that woke us in the morning. If we didn't have small children that were early risers that would have been an issue. Construction notice should be included in booking info.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Wonderful view of the bay. We really enjoyed the swimming pools and jacuzzi. I enjoyed a wonderful spa treatment. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The spa treatments may have been a bit overpriced but that is all I have to complain about.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Gorgeous hotel with equally gorgeous views. Great rooms, great pool, great food. I would highly recommend this hotel!
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great hotel, great stay, great family vacation!"
We loved our stay here. My kids loved being so close to the water. The walk to seaport village is close, and to the gas lamp district as well. The pool area was great! I would highly recommend this hotel for families.
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Claudia
"Hotel close to fireworks display"
Had a great stay in a nice hotel, close to everything fun in San Diego.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Lynne
Quality of the small room was far below the price charged.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Weekend away"
We were there for the 4th of July and the only complaint I have is the hotel didn't require people using the pool to have a room key or wrist band even though they gave us one when we checked in. The pool was so overly crowded we didn't get service for food or drinks for over an hour.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Amazing hotel ! Like it very much close to everything :)
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
kaya
"Where to stay in San Diego"
This is my third stay. I have a two and a four year old. The hotel staff is wonderful! My kids love the breakfast buffet. My wife loves the comfort. We both like the proximity to all the great things San Diego has to offer.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Nestor
"Marriott over Fourth of July 2015"
The whole place was bustling. The hotel has the capacity to hold space for all the fun. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. The fireworks were magnificent! every night (6) I slept well. the only complaint was about the weather. No sunshine.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
kate
""Three Star Stuff"
There is a need for more access to Hot Tub.. very small for size of Resort... and the Family Tub is full most of the time.. with Kids.. some in diapers. Any kind of walk to Gas Lamp area had Bums or new word , Homeless everywhere. We enjoy the Boardwalk in Seaport Village and the Fireworks. All the Staff was excellent.Mike, bellman, Luis, check in.. and in general.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"great stay, so comfortable"
The hotel and staff were wonderful. My only complaint is the pool area. Looked bigger in pictures. Idk if it was because of the holiday weekend but the hot tub had posted use for 21 and up. My kids were greatly disappointed aside from that, it was great over all. What ever the hotel doesn't have the staff can provide a map and tell you where to go within walking distance to find it.
Melisa
Wonderful except for the elevators one bank per tower and a sold out crowd mix with alcohol and you get a roudy no manners out the door courtesy forget your pushing a stroller with a tot in it
Jan
When we booked the order, the description of the room was misleading. It stated 1 king with pull out full bed. It was a twin. We paid a lot for this room to get a bay view but the room that was assigned was sub-par. Overpriced for what we got. The description of the room was not reliable.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Great hotel on the marina!"
Spent five great days in San Diego at this wonderful hotel on the marina. My balcony room had a great view of the city and the marina. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Nina
"Nice hotel on the Marina"
The hotel is big, very close to the marina. You literally go out from the pool straight to the Marina. The room were clean, but weren't cleaned well by the staff the day after.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
aviv
"Nice hotel.."
I love this hotel is a nice hotel, people is really friendly. Pool excellent. Parking is the only thing I didn't like.. they charge too much and is hard to find parking. But is a wonderful hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Maya
"Great place!!"
I've never stayed at a hotel where the employees were so friendly and so courteous to us. the rooms were fabulous nice and clean!!! the hotel property looked very nice. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, it is great place. I will be booking this hotel for every time I go to San Diego, highly recommended.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Shaun and famil
"Short lived, wished I could have stayed longer"
Peaceful and absolutely wonderful. Met a variety of people. Easy access to the Boardwalk.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
SS
"Nice hotel next to water"
Great hotel next to the water with a beautiful view. Stayed in a balcony room overlooking the marina and had a lovely view each morning. Hotel is perfectly located so as to walk to attractions and restaurants. Only complaint would be the price of parking. $45/day valet or $30/day for self parking.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
dgholmes59
"A wonderful hotel experience was had by all"
Jennifer at the front desk was very helpful, I forgot to call and request my two rooms be next to each other. She got me adjoining rooms with a partial bay view. The hotel was beautiful, the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Overall great experience to celebrate a college graduation definitely would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Chad
Thoroughly enjoyed the hotel resort atmosphere
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Expensive, quite good though."
I was suprised about the self-parking fee. It was 30 bucks! The poor was so crowed but I was satisfied with staying at the hotel overall :)
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Couples get away"
The room was clean and lovely. Very comfy We wish we could have stayed longer.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"small room but beautiful view ."
We were surprised at the resort atmosphere. Very nice place to stay with a pool, bar and lots of dining options. Was disappointed there was no room service.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"conference visit"
A great location for the convention center. The staff were attentive and quick. The hotel is beginning to show its age, but still is quite nice.
7 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Glenn
"San Diego trip for Dodger game."
it was Awesome!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Amazing hotel clean smart
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
andrew
"Marriott marquis and marina review"
The reason for my poor review on the "overall" is because this hotel was way to expensive to not offer a few amenities. Such as, you had to pay for WIFI in your room, you had to pay for parking, there were not breakfast accommodations at all. I could understand paying for parking multiple vehicles, but not even free parking for one? And no free wifi? Crazy! Other than that, the hotel was nice and clean, I enjoyed my stay but I was shocked at the extra fews that were not disclosed with booking.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Shelbie
Hotel under construction right below my room, which obstructed my balcony view. Construction started a 6 am and was very load, continued until 7 pm including Saturday and Sunday. Was not given any sort of discount even though I had paid more for a balcony room.
4 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Edwin
"Love it"
Bad as pool I loved it I'll be there in September again
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Mario
"Very nice hotel! Clean, walking distance to gslmp"
Awesome time. Walking distance to both petco park and gas lamp district.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Best hotel I've ever stayed at!"
This was the best hotel I've ever stayed at! My husband and I took an anniversary trip to San Diego from Chicago. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and accommodating. By the pool are tons of seating areas with fire pits. A few fire pits weren't working and after about an hour of the staff trying to turn them on, the staff apologized and gave us a free movie rental and drinks. The breakfast at Marina Kitchen was by far the best breakfast buffet I've ever eaten. TONS of selections, a free Starbucks coffee to go, great view of the Marina, and the dining area is beautiful! The ONLY downside was that you can hear planes from USS Midway flying around. We thought it was cool, but I can see how some people wouldn't like that. This hotel was worth EVERY penny!
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Megan
Location! Close to downtown, bayfront. Great ambiance. A destination in itself with adjoining restaurants, and all amenities, besides the San Diego water front.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Bring your earplugs and a hefty wallet"
We were in room 1616. It was VERY VERY noisy. The construction below was bad enough - eventually that will go away but the non-stop clanging of the bell for the trolly made it difficult to sleep even with the door closed. We paid extra for the balcony but it was miserable to sit out there so it was a waste. The valet parking (including tax) was $50.00 a night! The rooms aren't anything special and the bathrooms are TINY! We won't be back.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2015