All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
4981 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Value
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"I'd do it again"
Overall good. Wifi wasn't as strong as I would have liked it to be.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2016
kevin
"Good hotel for the price."
Made a last minute reservation. Good price, and the hotel was a fair value. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good. I'd stay here again, but would consider other options.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Nice hotel with comfortable beds"
This was the third time I stayed at this hotel. The hotel is clean and the beds are SUPER comfortable. The bathroom needs to be updated a bit. This is my go to hotel in Grand Rapids.
Response by Clarion Inn and Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Thank You for your kind words. We are working on improving the bathrooms this winter. Have a great day!
2 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Tiffani
"A fine hotel... if you have to be in Benton Harbor"
The Clarion Inn - just on the edge of Benton Harbor, Michigan - is a great place to stay if you are in the area. The room I had was large and clean, the toiletries were fine, the breakfast was reasonable and the location is pretty good. It is not down by the beach, it is on the other side of town, but it is right next to the freeway, allowing easy access to other places in that area. In addition, it is close to a shopping area with a mall, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and several other retail businesses and restaurants. Despite its proximity to the freeway, I had no issues with noise even though I was in a room on the freeway side of the hotel. It is worth mentioning that Benton Harbor is an economically depressed area and starkly different from St. Joseph on the other side of the St. Joseph River. So, if you are looking for a pleasant place to stay with safe and interesting surroundings, this is not the right location for you. On the other hand, the freeway is a kind of barrier that serves as the edge of Benton Harbor. As the Clarion Inn is on the other side of the freeway, but within walking distance of the mall etc., it is actually more or less in the country. The bottom line is that this will probably never be a destination hotel, but it is close to places that you may want to visit or do business and is a comfortable, secure and clean place to spend a few nights.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Timothy
The noise TV
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
"rate the hotel"
Good service, Good value, ok hotel condition.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
Charlie
"Very Disappointed"
The air conditioning in our room kept turning off. Maintenance did come & make an attempt to fix it, but we continued to have to deal with the same issue all night. The laundry facilities in the hotel (part of the reason we booked this hotel) were unusable because both machines were broken & no attempt was made to repair them after we reported the problem to management. The room wasn't filthy, but I wouldn't call it clean either. The walls were paper thin & we could hear clearly what was going on inside the room across the hall from us. I definitely don't feel that we received what we paid for.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Deborah
"Great value for the money."
Last minute stop. Room was clean. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Breakfast was a little cheap. Looked like powdered eggs, not great pastr ies, and plastic knives that couldn't cut the waffles. However, we were there to sleep, not to dine. Staff was friendly and efficient and we slept very well. Great value for the money
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Too hot"
AC would keep turning off at end of cycle and have to be restarted made it hard to sleep on hot night. It was a good place but quality was a little low on something's but would be an easy fix with more attenion for staff .
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Recommend to anyone"
Overall it was a nice place to stay. Clean rooms, nice spacious bathroom, big comfy beds, staff was friendly. Nice neighborhood and pool. Wouldnt hurt to make the rooms a little bigger. Id still recommend this place to others.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Close to the Grand Rapids Airport with shuttle"
The shuttle was quick. The driver was friendly and helpful. He offered to make a stop if we needed any toiletries, etc. I appreciate this. The shuttle pick up van was old and rusted. The hotel was tired…very worn carpet and doors to the rooms. Terrible lighting. The hotel was overrun that night by a visiting Little League baseball team that was playing soccer in the lobby. My room (specifically requested two beds) was given away and only a one bedroom left. My arrival was after 11pm, but I was extremely annoyed as I had called and specifically requested double beds. Internet never did connect even after calling the "help line" phone number provided by the front desk staff. The morning had a waffle maker and hot breakfast included and shuttle service was quick and included. I might stay there again because of convenience (staff was friendly, just overworked) but I cannot say that I recommend it.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
The room I requested was not available has to get a different room. Requested a room with 2 queen beds and got a room with a king and a food out couch which was very uncomfortable
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Convenient to various points of interest."
Staff anxious to please. Facility very clean. Good breakfast. Sofa bed and roll away uncomfortable, needs to be updated or additional padding.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
joyce
"Michigan in july"
The staff was very nice. The hotel was not as clean as I would have liked.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Melanie
"Not bad"
Overall not bad if you're looking for a place to crash. Rooms were clean!
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Nice hotel. Great location :)"
Happy with our check in service. Our room was very nice and the pool area and gym were nice. Big complementary breakfast was provided. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Family of Five
Checking in was quick and easy. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel. There is a shuttle to the airport and the driver was very nice.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Avoid"
I do not recommend this hotel. The hallways had a build up of dirt along the walls and various wrappers on the floor. My room had ripped carpet and the sliding lock on the door to an adjoining room did not work. When I went back to the front desk to say that I was not comfortable staying at the hotel, I was refused a refund.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"I should have kept driving"
The hallway carpets had spilled food in the corners and the carpets were dirty. The walls were very thin and you could easily hear the noises of adjoining occupants. All in all a very poorly maintained hotel for the price.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Find another hotel to stay"
Old bed that should be replaced. Internet was not working. No parking available.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Very Nice"
Staff was super-friendly and very polite. Breakfast was excellent.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"nice place"
It was good. Very nice staff
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Stuart
I could not control the temp in the room. The thermostat on the heater must have been broke. The room was either to hot or to cold.
"Great Value...Will Stay Again"
Just what I am looking for when I know I will not spend a lot of time at the hotel - clean, comfortable enough, quite, decent location, easy to deal with.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Andy
"Close to airport"
I was in town for a funeral and General Manager Deb Hunt and her staff could not have been more kind! The entire staff was so helpful! I would like to tell Deb I truly appreciate that she went out if her way to help me.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Not agtain"
Failed to remove snow, very difficult to park. Hotel entrance was not cleared either. Room had carpet torn and bathroom was in poor condition.
Response by Clarion Inn and Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Thank You for your feedback. We will take this information and make improvements.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Stayed 2 nights hotel staff did not make up room did nothing not even replace towels that were wet and left on floor. Had to ask 3 people for clean towels the next morning and still didn't get any!!
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
otto
"Would not stay here again"
Room was not serviced as we booked 2 night stay, towels were left on floor, beds not made up. Breakfast was ok. We did get a rollaway for our use. However had difficult time getting fresh towels the second day asked front desk sent to maid then to laundry room and still no towels. Basically had to demand fresh towels from yet another maid. Looked like black mold on top of heating unit
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
otto
"Do Opinions Count?"
We prefer to have two chairs per room and lower the beds please
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
MARIE
Everything was good, clean room, easy access and comfortable. I would stay there again in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"bed bug"
The staff when we checked in was great. The dinner was horrible. I was in room 202 on Oct 1th. The morning of the 2nd. I found a bed bug in my bed. I went and told the young lady at the front desk at 8:45am. She said... "sorry.... I hope you have a bread day." and then walked away.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Harold Sellers
"Middle of the Road"
Hotel was OK. Room was short on Kleenex, soap and bath mat.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
"Overall good value"
Overall this was a good stay and we would stay here again. The staff person at the desk on check-in was extremely friendly and fast. The beds were very comfortable (and high) and room amenities included a fridge and microwave. While parts of the hotel and room looked great and up to date, other items (carpeting, for one) could use an update. Minor inconveniences: one of the two room keys didn't work (twice) and the tv remote was iffy; sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. The location was very convenient to the airport. Overall this was a good value and we would return.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Grand Rapids Business"
The Hotel itself was good enough. HOWEVER!! they had a big biker party and you could not sleep. The food was short due to all the people everywhere loud. I talked to the manager on duty the first night we got there, it was about 11pm I think, she was aware of party. She said she understood and would minimally credit me a night. well the party was the next night too and I never received a credit! VERY upset!
6 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
kristen
met expectations, no issues. why do I need to write more in this section to proceed? Isn't it my prerogative to skip this section entirely when providing a VOLUNTARY review?
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Overnight Stay"
Reasonable priced. Breakfast was included in price which was good. Good location.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Sharon K
"Disapointed"
Carpet had rips in the seams. Stains in bathtub. Could tell it was an older hotel. Room was not as nice as picture on web site.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Great breakfast and wonderful service. Love the park and shuttle service to the airport.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Dated"
There is absolutely nothing special about this hotel. I cannot figure out how it got 3 stars. It is definitely a 2 star hotel. I checked in here after skipping a very scary travel lodge down the street. At least it was in a safer area. I had to search the room for a plug to charge. Why every hotel doesn't have the plugs in the lamp base is beyond me. I'm not interested in crawling on the floor under the desk to plug in. When I asked about the pool, they said it was really nice. I said where is it. Outside. It had been raining for 3 days, and was still raining. Seriously do you think the pool is an option. The best thing is the Sushi restaurant next door. I leave you with that positive note.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Stephania
"Not my best night stay"
Overall the hotel is average, decor is dated and the resonance of smoke still comes through even though the room was clean. Number one issue is the hotel overbooking on dbl queen rooms. Even though I prepaid for the room via an online booking company and I requested a late check-in, they checked us into a single king. Kind of hard to fit 2 adults and 2 teen kids in a king. The attendant tried to be helpful but since all the cots were also given out for the night and my dbl queen had been given to someone else hours earlier, all he could say was “I’m sorry”. Even the on “duty manager” would not talk to me via phone. However, I must say the lobby was very clean and had newer decor and comfortable chairs, as I resorted to sleeping in the lobby for 6 1/2hrs and there wasn't even a snow storm! It wasn't until 6am when I got back to my room to take a shower when we discovered the boiler had malfunctioned during the night so we ended up taking ice cold showers. Pretty bad when you forfeit your 2nd pre-paid night to pay to sleep somewhere else. I could have lived with the smoky room & even the boiler but I’m sure the overbooking happens most every Friday night and that is a management issue. This time I was just one customer (there were others that night) who paid the price. Tuff spot to be it at 11pm and you need to be at your destination refreshed and ready to go @ 7am.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Dennis
"Wrong room"
Nice hotel with well maintained rooms. Bathrooms need fan in them though. I was disappointed with my reservation. When I booked through hotels.com I was told I would have room with a full kitchen and I had a regular room with microwave and refrigerator. I was staying I. This room for my figure competition in town. I needed the full kitchen and was told at check-in I had a regar room and they were completely booked for the night. I am not one to complain and always make due with what I have. I was upset because I had made it clear to the person I spoke with that I needed the full kitchen. Not sure where the mixup happened but it makes me hesitate to use hotels.com to book future rooms.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Jeanette
"Not worth it"
Lots of complaints here... I had two rooms reserved for my team and here is what we experienced. 1. They were out of rooms with two queen beds so they gave us one that had a couch instead (the couch wasn't a pullout coach). They offered no way to fix the situation, just kept saying "you should have booked earlier." I booked over a month ago. The lady at the front table was very rude. 2. Both rooms smelled like smoke, and were very musty too. 3. The air conditioning vent was nasty. It was covered in dirt and other stuff. They need to take them apart and clean them. I didn't want to turn on the air cause they were so bad. Summary- don't stay here.
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Convenient location for our needs."
The receptionist was less than friendly upon check-in. The young woman running the breakfast buffet was friendly and a hard worker. The rooms allow every noise from the hallway into the room. In the morning one can hear every door in the hallway slam as guests exit their rooms.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"ok"
quiet, convenient, not at all fancy. room could have been cleaner, but was ok
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Hotel close to Airport"
front desk did not want to extend my stay for one more hour.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Very nice room and employees were very friendly
1 night trip with friends Apr 28, 2014
Marty
"Disappointing quality of stay"
Room: Thin, rough towels. Flat, low quality pillows. Breakfast: wet scrambled eggs, nasty bacon, no ketchup, decent danishes. Fitness center: several treadmills and some free weights (hex dumbbells) in a tiny, tiny room with a low ceiling. At least my king room had a couch+coffee table in it.
Response by Clarion Inn and Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Good Morning, Thank you for your comments. I will use these to better our service. Debbie
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Picky Pete
"Clarion review"
It was good. The place appears a little old but it is clean.
Thank You! Debbie
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
vs
"Not Great"
The staff was helpful and considerate. The rooms are old, and in need of a lot of updating. Most likely my last time staying there.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"Excellent staff"
I was very impressed with the staff at the hotel. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They accommodated all of our needs.
Thank You and I am glad you stayed here. Debbie